Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Bolian Blues posted:

I'm deeply, deeply sorry. I'm not a racist, that's what's so insane about this.

the episode when kramer called george a friend of the family. Truly classic seinfeld quote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW
I work at the GE building in Rockefeller Plaza, and I have access to their digital archives. That’s as much as I can divulge. We also have the entire original Seinfeld series in multiple formats, including original reels and VHS tapes. I noticed an episode with the production code “607” was missing from the tape set, and it was relocated in a set of old news reels. The replacement episode “The Mom and Pop Store” was filmed a season later to replace the missing episode. It is oddly titled “The Mason”.

The episode starts out as normal, with Jerry’s apartment, but the camera is much more steady. Jerry walks out as though he’s been drugged and remarks that all of his family and friends have been dying lately. His buzzer rings and it’s George. George runs up, half crying and tells Jerry he’s seen something terrible. He’s mumbling and stuttering for about five minutes until he can form a sentence. There are still pauses for humor, but there is no audience or laugh track. George informs Jerry that planes have crashed into the twin towers due to a terrorist attack on New York.

Jerry turns on the news and you can see modern footage of the 9/11 attacks, all pré-filmed several years beforehand. George says that isn't the worst part: Elaine and Kramer were in the towers at the time of the bombing. What proceeds is a graphic and explicit phone call of screaming and crying and Kramer saying that something terrible has happened, and Elaine is dead. Kramer screams there’s no air in the building, and he’s burning to death, and that he’s going to jump.

The camera cuts to live footage of a man falling from the twin towers. George genuinely looks upset and says “I’m sorry Larry, but I can’t go through with this” and he tries to walk off the set, but people stop him and push him towards the stage. He walks out Jerry’s prop window and you can hear him calling his agent. There’s a lot of mumbling, and you can see candles being lit behind the stage.

Jerry goes over to the bookcase and pulls it aside, revealing a ceremonial black table with candles, a dinner plate, and a strange box. There is a Masonic symbol against black cloth just outside where the fake stage window would be. Jerry says some weird things in a foreign dialect, and one cut of the camera shows a poster of Barack Obama (This episode originally aired in 1995). The scene ends with Jerry waking up in bed, as though it’s all a nightmare. Kramer comes in and asks if Jerry has seen a lizard. Jerry laughs and says “We are the lizards” and the camera zooms slightly. His eyes become slivered, like almonds.

The tape is only 7 minutes long, and what proceeds is just 20 minutes of dead air. If you continue watching to the end, it seems there are three more news reports tacked on. The first is about an outbreak of swine flu, the second about a train bombing, and the third...

JUST WAYNES BALLS
Jul 24, 2014

Tirius posted:

I still can't believe that a sitcom in 1992 had an episode devoted entirely to masturbation. Other sitcoms in this era were in the midst of Very Special Episodes, and heartwarming stories where Ross learns an important lesson about being a father, and Seinfeld had the balls to put a laugh track over George's fiance dying from licking 1000 poison envelopes.

Thats nothing I devoted the entire year of 1992 to masturbation.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Seinfeld was funny and I automatically lose respect for someone when they tell me that "they didn't get it." Especially if they're fans of "Curb Your Enthusiasm," which is brilliant. Jerry Seinfeld didn't make the show good. The writing and the rest of the cast did.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Count Freebasie posted:

Seinfeld was funny and I automatically lose respect for someone when they tell me that "they didn't get it." Especially if they're fans of "Curb Your Enthusiasm," which is brilliant. Jerry Seinfeld didn't make the show good. The writing and the rest of the cast did.

you can "get" seinfeld and not think it's funny. i "get" jeff dunham's jokes and he is one of the least funny person on the planet.

not saying all of seinfeld is unfunny and defo not as unfunny as jeff dunham, but it's incredibly overrated

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Count Freebasie posted:

I do like when jerry has to restrain laughter

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Saying you get it and still don't enjoy it is acceptable. Usually people either say they love it or HATE it though.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

I loved The Opposite except for Jerry's plot. You have George going bananas on everyone, Kramer ruining his book tour and Elaine getting kicked out of her building but the Jerry even steven thing was pretty dumb.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

hey, the jerk store called....they're running out of you!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Levels jerry, levels.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Jerry was the most annoying and least funny character on the show.

Absalom Baird
Jul 13, 2010
How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe!

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
i like The Seinfeld a lot, i dont care if its all jewish characters because that does not matter to me, i am NOT racist. i just dont like zionists
so one time what i did when i was going through a hard spot and wanted to be alone inside caus eit was all cold out? i bought Planters Peanus can and just ate like the whole thing while going through 5 seasons of The Seinfeld. it was not cheap but they taste pretty good and you only want more

In the end i was dehydrate IMMENSLY buuuuuut! I was full of humor and funny jokes to use at any time i needed to, along with lots of life events that I am now WISER to

Drunk & Ugly fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jul 24, 2014

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

PyPy posted:

Sucks that I'm at work and without access to my library of humorous Seinfeld gifs.

Drunk & Ugly fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jul 24, 2014

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

Eruonen posted:

Seinfeld isn't and never was funny.

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi
CARTWRIGHT?

CARTWRIGHT?

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

ps sorry A misanthrope i swear im not stealing your cool thing im just wanting to share images that people HAVE to watch rather than youtube which is an OPTION

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

it was

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

KiddieGrinder posted:

curb your enthusiasm is better.

why do people say this

i tried watching the first two seasons and it was horrible

Guy Fleegman
Jul 8, 2009

by XyloJW
"I'm out!"

Guy Fleegman
Jul 8, 2009

by XyloJW

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

"Then he pulled it out"

"It?"

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

it's my favorite sitcom, op

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
whats the deal with the op i mean WHATS..THE DEAL

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
you're killing independent george, worlds are colliding

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

george pushed some grandma over while running out of a burning apartment, then later argued that it made him a hero

pretty good show

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Worlds are colliding in this thread!

Worlds Jerry! WORLDS!

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

gagelion posted:

I work at the GE building in Rockefeller Plaza, and I have access to their digital archives. That’s as much as I can divulge. We also have the entire original Seinfeld series in multiple formats, including original reels and VHS tapes. I noticed an episode with the production code “607” was missing from the tape set, and it was relocated in a set of old news reels. The replacement episode “The Mom and Pop Store” was filmed a season later to replace the missing episode. It is oddly titled “The Mason”.

The episode starts out as normal, with Jerry’s apartment, but the camera is much more steady. Jerry walks out as though he’s been drugged and remarks that all of his family and friends have been dying lately. His buzzer rings and it’s George. George runs up, half crying and tells Jerry he’s seen something terrible. He’s mumbling and stuttering for about five minutes until he can form a sentence. There are still pauses for humor, but there is no audience or laugh track. George informs Jerry that planes have crashed into the twin towers due to a terrorist attack on New York.

Jerry turns on the news and you can see modern footage of the 9/11 attacks, all pré-filmed several years beforehand. George says that isn't the worst part: Elaine and Kramer were in the towers at the time of the bombing. What proceeds is a graphic and explicit phone call of screaming and crying and Kramer saying that something terrible has happened, and Elaine is dead. Kramer screams there’s no air in the building, and he’s burning to death, and that he’s going to jump.

The camera cuts to live footage of a man falling from the twin towers. George genuinely looks upset and says “I’m sorry Larry, but I can’t go through with this” and he tries to walk off the set, but people stop him and push him towards the stage. He walks out Jerry’s prop window and you can hear him calling his agent. There’s a lot of mumbling, and you can see candles being lit behind the stage.

Jerry goes over to the bookcase and pulls it aside, revealing a ceremonial black table with candles, a dinner plate, and a strange box. There is a Masonic symbol against black cloth just outside where the fake stage window would be. Jerry says some weird things in a foreign dialect, and one cut of the camera shows a poster of Barack Obama (This episode originally aired in 1995). The scene ends with Jerry waking up in bed, as though it’s all a nightmare. Kramer comes in and asks if Jerry has seen a lizard. Jerry laughs and says “We are the lizards” and the camera zooms slightly. His eyes become slivered, like almonds.

The tape is only 7 minutes long, and what proceeds is just 20 minutes of dead air. If you continue watching to the end, it seems there are three more news reports tacked on. The first is about an outbreak of swine flu, the second about a train bombing, and the third...

Yeah, 'The Meaship' is better, though.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

pfs Write
Jun 29, 2014

get/save/remove
i didnt get Seinfeld until I watched it drunk. then it just clicked

i am a failure

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

TheIllestVillain posted:

why do people say this

Curb is nowhere near as consistently funny as Seinfeld but when it's on it is loving hilarious. You just have to find the right episodes.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

TheIllestVillain posted:

why do people say this

Nah it's prettyyy, prettyyy good.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tirius posted:

I still can't believe that a sitcom in 1992 had an episode devoted entirely to masturbation. Other sitcoms in this era were in the midst of Very Special Episodes, and heartwarming stories where Ross learns an important lesson about being a father, and Seinfeld had the balls to put a laugh track over George's fiance dying from licking 1000 poison envelopes.

It wasn't devoted to masturbation, just the opposite.

memento mori
May 4, 2008
Elaine's boyfriend was hilarious. Hands down my favorite character.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
When my (old and retired) parents are visiting me, Seinfeld reruns on TBS are about the only agreeable thing we can all watch together

my dad only wants to watch war movies on Netflix, but he's seen them all a zillion times (because he is old) so he complains that there's nothing on there to watch

my mom will ask to watch It's Always Sunny if he's off doing something and laughs her rear end off

Don Mega
Nov 26, 2005
Anyone who doesn't like Seinfeld has a broken sense of humor

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

"Then he pulled it out"

He pulled *huh huh* it out.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
The AMA was on reddit op, don't think jerry is reading these posts.

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man
its the wood that makes it good

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

CANT STAND'JA

CANT STAND'JA

CANT STAND'JA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mac Tonight