Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

The cosbys aren't out for for not acting black enough. That's too good for them. They are out because they pander to old people in the 80's who were still mad at the hippes kids from the 60's. poo poo, there is a loving episode where the girls dress up in ugly 80's leotard out fits and dance to the 80's remake of the song locomotion. Then mom rails against these girl, with a made up fantasy that her daughter is going to end up as a hooker, and more worried about her self image with the other mothers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xktULMUC9Zg

You still didn't answer the question. What behaviors lie under the heading of "acting black" (not Black Actors)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
Urkel.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
on the cosby show they speak normal English. They have a proper family with 2 parents and they don't do crimes

there's nothing black about them

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams
I am going to say nickelodeons My Brother and Me because my aunt got mad that the mom on the show knew how to dance and the audience would catcall her.

She basically hated anything that wasn't white and found black people to be ornamental to whitey, big suprise.

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Can someone explain President Obama to me? Does anyone actually find it funny?

I mean I guess someone must cos everyone's always going "Thanks Obama" or "Obamacare" or whatever the weekly catchphrase is.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

In for racist honeypot thread.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Mine Are:

1. Family Matters.
2. The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.
3. Dinosaurs
4. The Parenthood.

Were there two shows called Parenthood or are you making a joke about one of the whitest shows on the planet being a black sitcom

Absalom Baird posted:

Living Single. Not a traditional family per se but hey cmon they were all brothas and sistas, knamean?

It was a '90s kind of world, and I was glad I had got my girls.

jdsalmon posted:

The 227 / Amen duality ruled all. Never forget that.

Still, what _did_ happen to Charles s Dutton? Where's he been?

Uhh I think he was in Alien 3, then the last time I saw him was on some deep cable drama that had a clip on The Soup.
He deserved better :(

raditts fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 25, 2014

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

jdsalmon posted:

The 227 / Amen duality ruled all. Never forget that.

This is very true.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

raditts posted:

In for racist honeypot thread.

Were there two shows called Parenthood or are you making a joke about one of the whitest shows on the planet being a black sitcom
I'm guessing he meant The Parent 'Hood

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
The Parent Hood wasn't good but it had some moments.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The theme to Martin was pretty good.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

sanford and son

its aged p well for a 70s sitcom

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

DeepQantas posted:

Can someone explain President Obama to me? Does anyone actually find it funny?

I mean I guess someone must cos everyone's always going "Thanks Obama" or "Obamacare" or whatever the weekly catchphrase is.

It's a spin off from The Clintons and All in the Family. There's lots of inside jokes going on that actually go back hundreds if not thousands of years so it can get confusing.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJDwVcosAds

The dangers of peer pressure.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Martin is awesome because Martin Lawrence was slowly going insane during its production run. Also my mom found the character Shanaynay incredibly creepy, which was hilarious.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

ganthony posted:

Homeboys in Outer Space, obviously. I'd like a space hoopty.

:respek:

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe

Ein cooler Typ posted:

on the cosby show they speak normal English. They have a proper family with 2 parents and they don't do crimes

there's nothing black about them

How the worm has turned

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Roc

and Martin

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Gullah gullah island. Loved that show as a kid.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

red dwarf

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

The only thing I didn't like about Fresh Prince was when they switched the mom.

Even if the show sucked my eight year old self probably still would have watched it for Hilary.

original aunt viv = best aunt viv.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOJSuIVmv_g

aunt viv wasn't the same character when she became a light skin lady.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Verisimilidude posted:

Fresh Prince is both the funniest and most heartfelt sitcom of the century, let alone black family sitcoms. I am not fake posting.
Yes.

Supreme Allah posted:

And it had Tatyana Ali, who I love more than my own family

Yes!

Also, Family Matters is great, black cop Reginald VelJohnson is great, that Key & Peele sketch was great.

Honestly I never really cared that much for anything Cobsy-related though v:confused:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
the addam's family

• Locked thread