Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!

Orv posted:

You can do a little thing to immediately exit them, which is doable during driving without stopping to do it. Still a pain in the rear end.

E: It's something like Start, dpad up, A, A.

If you turned off the icons appearing, it disabled the events altogether.

Kaddion fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Dec 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panzertape
Nov 5, 2014
This will probably stay a must buy for me but i have to admit, i am pretty disappointed by the games car list.

E.G. Where are all the imports. Heck if i remember correctly the only Import ist the R35 and thats not even a proper one.

Also i would have loved to see more cars from different times, not only modern cars and a handful of 60's muscle cars.

Orv
May 4, 2011
There's about twice as many cars, maybe a few more, than they currently show on the site, for whatever reason. It's still a pretty small list if you don't buy the DLC and no-one in their right mind should ever buy a season pass for a Ubisoft game.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

There's plenty of imports in there. Three German labels (RUF, BMW and Mini), a couple of Brits labels as well, three Italian labels including :siren:Ferrari:siren: and- oh you were talking about Japanese cars. I'm honestly not sure if they'll get more labels than Nissan.

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Dec 1, 2014

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Orv posted:

no-one in their right mind should ever buy a season pass for a Ubisoft game.

About that... :v:

I regret nothing. Season pass was worth it solely for the MP4-12C and the Vintage car pack, because I love the C2 and C3 Corvettes. Also, i'm at about 35% pre-load :neckbeard:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Look if it was an F1-LM I might agree with you.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Not to mention, the C3? Really? If any car was hit hard by the late 1970s' new emissions standards, it was the C3.

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Dec 1, 2014

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
All Corvettes are bad :colbert:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

*does that thing with a corvette's rear body panel, you know, that thing you can do with one finger on any corvette*

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Great Joe posted:

Not to mention, the C3? Really? If any car was hit hard by the late 1970s' new emissions standards, it was the C3.

Power-wise, I agree, the thing has a boat anchor of a motor and it was ruined by smog bullshit. Style-wise, however, that car looks loving awesome and you'll never convince me otherwise.

Orv posted:

Look if it was an F1-LM I might agree with you.

Pretty sure one of the DLCs is gonna have an F1 GTR, so... :v:

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Game is 33% off on nuveem already. Nice

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Harminoff posted:

Game is 33% off on nuveem already. Nice
Wait a couple weeks and watch it get 50% off on Steam.

Torn Quad Jones
Nov 2, 2011
In as TQJONES on uplay gonna be staying up this one.

Plutonium
Jul 29, 2007

It must be the plutonium.
Plutonium-239 on uplay, let's... not drive alone... or something.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Orv posted:

There's four of us getting it on PC so you're welcome to hang out with us, though the party limit is 4 because ??? so you'll have to play ugly duckling.

Ooh ooh can I be the back up to the back up? In :australia: I'll probably be on at different times mostly anyway.

Orv posted:

It's still a pretty small list if you don't buy the DLC and no-one in their right mind should ever buy a season pass for a Ubisoft game.

Now you tell me. Although I got it from Nuuvem so it was dirt cheap anyway.

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
So, is this out now? Is it good? There are no reviews up yet.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Boz0r posted:

Yes. No. Ubisoft embargo.

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

Yes, its fun, there wasn't an embargo.

No review copies were sent out, ergo all reviews will be post-release.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Kaddion posted:

Yes, its fun, there wasn't an embargo.

No review copies were sent out, ergo all reviews will be post-release.
That's effectively an embargo.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Boz0r posted:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

:lol:

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

So for you people that bought this thing, did they change the way handling feels and can you finally remap keys on a controller? More specifically the shifting?

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
:shrug: We were connecting pretty consistently last night before the game was even technically out. Had a couple phasing issues but they sorted themselves out. Guaranteed that's a case of fixing some cases of connection issues, it wasn't "hey crews aren't working at all"

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Lyer posted:

did they change the way handling feels
Yes, I'd like to know the answer to this, too.

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~

Great Joe posted:

Yes, I'd like to know the answer to this, too.

No you wouldn't. At this point it doesn't matter if the game is the second coming of Christ you're still going to shitpost about how horrible it and Ubisoft are. Don't kid yourself.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Oglogoth posted:

No you wouldn't. At this point it doesn't matter if the game is the second coming of Christ you're still going to shitpost about how horrible it and Ubisoft are. Don't kid yourself.

it is a pretty bad game though

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Oglogoth posted:

Oh, so they didn't.

HA!

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

They did, actually.

But don't let that stop you shitposting.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
:shrug: The starter cars handle kinda poorly but they're the first cars you get and they don't put you in situations early in the story where it's a problem and after just a few upgrades or a better car it's totally fine.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Oglogoth posted:

Why are you so loving defensive about a game that they refused to even send out review copies of, that's like the biggest warning sign of a game being shittacular that exists.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Kaddion posted:

They did, actually.
Alright, might as well give it another shot.

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

:shrug: The starter cars handle kinda poorly but they're the first cars you get and they don't put you in situations early in the story where it's a problem and after just a few upgrades or a better car it's totally fine.
I get that you don't just give out the best-handling cars right off the bat. Really, pretty much every racing game with car progression out there, arcade or sim, has one or two cars down the line that handle much better than the starter car, and is much faster, in sim-lites it's usually some variant on the Nissan GT-R. What I don't get is why the starter cars have bad handling to such a degree.

I mean, even from a pay-to-win standpoint, it makes no sense, since I don't think there's a point in the tutorial where you're forced to use some free UbiBucks TM to buy the best handling part for a car.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Great Joe posted:

I get that you don't just give out the best-handling cars right off the bat. Really, pretty much every racing game with car progression out there, arcade or sim, has one or two cars down the line that handle much better than the starter car, and is much faster, in sim-lites it's usually some variant on the Nissan GT-R. What I don't get is why the starter cars have bad handling to such a degree.

I guess I just disagree on the degree then. Even the poor handling I'm talking about isn't nearly as bad as it's been made out to be (hence my qualifier of "kinda"). Like it's noticeably worse than upgraded/later cars, but I think it's just been really exaggerated.

Cubey posted:

Why are you so loving defensive about a game that they refused to even send out review copies of, that's like the biggest warning sign of a game being shittacular that exists.

I'm not seeing that the refused to send review copies out, it seems they were just waiting for the game to actually be live. I get that that might still seem suspicious (because it is), but the Ubi blog about it I found doesn't seem to say "No, no review copies period"

Isn't that pretty typical for MMOs? Ubi seems to want to make this game out to be one.

Dog Fat Man Chaser fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Dec 2, 2014

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I'd be inclined to agree, if I hadn't played both of the PC betas.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The way this game handles mp really doesn't qualify as an mmo.

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

The starter cars still start out kinda bad, but not nearly to the degree they were back in August. With just a few upgrades, they became pretty drivable.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

ethanol posted:

The way this game handles mp really doesn't qualify as an mmo.

Yeah, I don't really know why they're shooting for that tag, they're way off, but they seem to be trying to get that reputation.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I've been playing this since last night and I think the handling is alright :ohdear: Sure the early cars, mostly anything in Street spec doesn't handle the best but once you start pushing into Perf territory they feel a lot better. It's a definite feeling of progression, which is what they were aiming for I think. You can rip through levelling up quite quickly to unlock all the stuff, There's going to be a shitload of "endgame" where you have all the unlocks and are then just getting better cars and doing harder missions.

I'm having fun, and I don't regret my purchase (yet, I guess, It's been like a day).

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

The 2015 Mustang GT is pretty fun and handles really well for a starter car. Sucks that you only get one hood and a limited selection of bumpers, but hey, it's a ~*~Special Street edition~*~. Handling still isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be, honestly. That being said, gently caress the Xfinity Speed Challenge, jesus christ what a horrible race with a horrible car. 5 minutes long, with some lovely RUF that drives like it's on ice and randomly pulls to the side when you hit the boost, with the chance to get hosed over right before the finish line so you have to start over again? Talk about a great event! :v:

Honestly, it's fun. No regrets on pre-ordering or buying the Gold edition, but hey, I know that's not going to change some peoples' minds. I'm having fun with it at least :shrug:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
So, just to be clear, those little challenges that automatically start as you're driving around can be toggled off, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

T1g4h posted:

The 2015 Mustang GT is pretty fun and handles really well for a starter car. Sucks that you only get one hood and a limited selection of bumpers, but hey, it's a ~*~Special Street edition~*~.

I think that's one of the preorder ones right? All of them, like the Z4 and MiniCooper, are like that, barely any options. The versions you can buy in-game are way more open. I have a lot of options for my Mustang, and the '15 Fastback you can buy seems to have multiple options for specs.

• Locked thread