Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I have two extra beta codes for the PC that's running this week if people want them. Posting from my phone so might have to wait until I get home before I send them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

It seems like they tightened up the handling a bit from the last beta. Not sure if I got used to it, but the driving doesn't feel as lovely as before. It's still bad though and I was surprised that the same devs that made TDU2 made this, I liked the handling in that game. I'm also pretty concerned you're not able to remap up and down shifting at this stage in the beta. Seems like such a basic thing to have done and yet it's locked.

It's a shame though, I really like everything about this game, but the handling is so bad it's keeping me from buying this on day 1. Especially since Forza Horizon 2 is coming out in a month and will most likely be the better open world racing game with trashy techno music and a terrible plot.

Oh well, there's always steam sales where you can pick this up for 75% off.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

You can't remap shifting if you're using a gamepad. Which makes it really bizarre that you can on the wheel.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

The beta didn't seem to have that any bugs, I just think they know that it's a lovely game.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

The crew would be a really fun racing game, were it not for the incredibly lovely handing. GTA V at this point is the better open world racing game.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

So for you people that bought this thing, did they change the way handling feels and can you finally remap keys on a controller? More specifically the shifting?

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

So can remap buttons on a controller yet?

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Orv posted:

You always could? There are a couple unchangeable ones, but most of them can be swapped as you please.

Not the shifting, there was in beta, but it was locked and then finally removed all together in the later stages of beta.

It's a small nitpick for most, but pretty much a deal breaker for me for buying this game at full price.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Ironsolid posted:

Does anyone know why the hell challenges' (getaway, slalom, etc) time randomly runs out? This is getting on my nerves. I'll have 10 seconds left and BAM the challenge ends.

:ubisoft: I'm guessing you've driven out of the range of the challenge? Most likely its inept programming.

Picked this game up against up after serious doubts because I was bored and people are right, the handling gets much, much better after you level. It's still not where it needs to be in a actual racing game; the game I feel the driving is closest too is GTA V, so if you are ok with the handling in that, you should be ok in this game.

What is really dumb was that they locked handling improvements behind the leveling. They should have kept the best handling as a base and gave power/braking upgrades as you leveled. honestly would have saved them so much grief in beta. There's no loving saving the rubberbanding though, poo poo is atrocious. All in all a pretty fun game that I don't regret spending money on.

E: Haha, I didn't think that ubisoft actually had its own emote, also not being able to remap keys is the dumbest loving thing

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I could remap keys for Gran Turismo, GTA V, and a bunch of other games, it's lovely that they couldn't/were too lazy to implement it in the console version.

Rubber banding really sucks rear end.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Because it makes the game not fun? I enjoy the crew and don't regret dropping some money on it, but don't try and defend some of the really stupid poo poo that's baked into this game.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Nope, as happens so very very very often in games threads, I disagree with you about a single feature, so you're using the "stop defending everything about this game" refrain :rolleyes: comeon dude.

Like I said, you can enjoy the game and I do as well, but don't just ignore it and pretend the game is better than it is.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Extra posted:

I'm guessing it's pretty tough to get licensing for your highly illegal gang based street racing game.

I'd guess it's more about being cheap rather than difficulty...especially for an evo. Porsches on the other hand...

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

That actually makes it even worse because ubisoft is known to be terrible, it means these guys managed to do it own their own. :unsmith:

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Ugh the take down mission in the snow finally broke me, I didn't even touch the other car once and I've been trying for 30 minutes. I'm done with this game, really tried to like it and did enjoy some parts of it, but the bad stuff just outweighed the good stuff. The weird rear end handling I could deal with, the lovely rubber banding I could deal with, but combine those two together and you just end up with a frustrating experience. I'd just be happy driving around in all these cars, but it's just so loving grindy to get any sort of cash. I'm still in the first car they give you in the beginning was wanting to save up for a decent car, but gently caress it, it's not worth putting up with all the frustrations for a game that's just supposed to be driving around doing chill poo poo.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I decided to give the snow raid another try, but bought the BMW z4 and that made a huge difference. I beat it (and the rest) of the game rather easily. It's ridiculous how much better the handling gets once you hit 750+. It was a monumentally dumb decision to lock handling behind leveling. I don't think there would have been that big of a stink about the game if it wasn't. The improved handling also reduces the effect of rubber banding since you're not fighting the car and the other racers at the same time.

The challenges are nice, decent payouts for not that much time investment. The weekly changed to "escape full wanted by cops" 100 times, but gently caress that, I'm not having anything to do with the cops. That poo poo is one of the worst parts of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

BitBasher posted:

I laughed really hard when I realized that the gold medal ghosts apparently rubberband also. If I am behind one for most of a challenge then pass it at the end it's entirely possible to finish ahead of the gold medal ghost and get a bronze. How in hell can you possible gently caress up what should be a fixed ghost?

Depends on the skill, it's based on scoring points rather than position, so that makes sense how. If you miss a bunch of targets or have the point multiplier reset, it's possible to get ahead of the ghost and still get a lower medal.

• Locked thread