Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
The game is good for dicking around cross country, the driving is not nearly as bad as Watch Dogs, and the missions are tolerable but not good. Except Takedown missions which were apparently coded by imbeciles. :shrug: Not worth $60, but if the servers are still up come next Summer Sale when it's $30, probably around that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Seedge posted:

We get it. You don't like it. Does anyone who has beta access have anything to add that suggests it might be good in any way? It's not available in the EU at the moment.

It's a bog standard arcade racer with a cool road trip component. Where your price point for that lies is your call. I will note that equipping a car with the best poo poo available is a goddamn slog, but you can get by and have fun without having to do anything more than the story to unlock the specs.

Uplay is Orvidos.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Jesus christ shut up Joe.

Whomever Rothkur is, sorry I was just recording a long drive and you caught me on the tail end of it and then I crashed going into LA. :v:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Extra posted:

Oh that was me, I just wanted to figure out how the grouping system worked. The downhill mountain run between Las Vegas and LA is pretty amazing. I couldn't seem to figure out how to communicate within the group.

Also not sure what the logic behind these other players appearing in my game world are. Not sure if it just takes a random smattering of players or what.

It's using TDU2 logic, which is to say that depending on the phases of the moon and how big your packet loss is, you'll have a completely different set of people. Hop on CTS and we'll screw around.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Streaming the drive from up north to LA then maybe but probably not Miami, here.

E: Postponed due to technical issues also lack of sleep.

Orv fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Aug 27, 2014

Orv
May 4, 2011
The hell'd you get a Perf car?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kaddion posted:

Driving through the Rockies in a full crew convoy is great, but like Orv said, how did you get a Perf car?

Apparently the Perf shop in Seattle is open? We'll have to check that when you get home.

Extra posted:

Some issues I have:

- Parts earned with one car cannot be transferred to another or between car types. (For instance earning a L10 part on a offroad hill climb with my dirt 370z cannot be transferred to my street 370z. The S370z stands no chance of gold on said challenge)

Something to note is that once you earn a part for a spec, you can buy it for any other car from the appropriate spec shop. That doesn't make the skill games any less poo poo though.

Orv fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Aug 28, 2014

Orv
May 4, 2011
Excuse me a moment...

:flashfap:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Yodzilla posted:

I just want this game to allow me to crash. There's some weird Gran Turismo 1 poo poo going on where at a certain point your car starts fighting against physics and it starts wobbling in the air as it refuses to flip over. That and why does going into a flatspin instantly mean "crash"? I could have landed that poo poo!

Gameplay question though, do you ever need to repair? I feel like the game auto-repairs goddamn constantly for a number of reasons, I don't get why that's in there as a gameplay mechanic.

If you take enough damage while it's in Terminator mode, it'll become permanent damage. Once you take enough it'll start impacting car performance, mostly top speed and braking, but never terribly importantly.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Great Joe posted:

You say that, but then there's random gates spread around the interstate that force you into challenges like slaloms and top speed, which then have no obvious way out of them that isn't just completing them. Instead of then just giving you a quick overlay with your final score while you keep driving, there's a score screen that takes you out of the driver's seat until you press through it.

I'm not sure if you can opt out of those, either. Real shame.

You can do a little thing to immediately exit them, which is doable during driving without stopping to do it. Still a pain in the rear end.

E: It's something like Start, dpad up, A, A.

Orv fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Nov 28, 2014

Orv
May 4, 2011

T1g4h posted:

Man, i'm seeing lots of hate for the handling. I played the PC Beta in August and thought the handling was great v:shobon:v

Is there gonna be a Goon crew for this? I'm on U-Play as T1gg4h if anyone wants to get together and gently caress around when this releases Tuesday.

There's four of us getting it on PC so you're welcome to hang out with us, though the party limit is 4 because ??? so you'll have to play ugly duckling.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Great Joe posted:

Same could be said of The Crew. :v:

Go back to your shark tank Joe.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Sorry you're right, you haven't been laughed out of this one yet.

Orv
May 4, 2011
There's about twice as many cars, maybe a few more, than they currently show on the site, for whatever reason. It's still a pretty small list if you don't buy the DLC and no-one in their right mind should ever buy a season pass for a Ubisoft game.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Look if it was an F1-LM I might agree with you.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Slate Action posted:

So, just to be clear, those little challenges that automatically start as you're driving around can be toggled off, right?

Turn off World Spots in the UI list.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Lyer posted:

So can remap buttons on a controller yet?

You always could? There are a couple unchangeable ones, but most of them can be swapped as you please.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The mission design ranges from uninteresting to capital B Bad.

That said if you're spinning 360s by barely doing anything something is hosed on your end, control wise.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Feenix posted:

Nah, the first turn on the dirt race car is like being on ice. Not sure what they were thinking.

:shrug: It wasn't all that bad for me, but yeah, dirt basically wakes up and goes "I'm gonna put this fucker into a wall". It's a poo poo spec.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Just NPC cops equipped with magical Crown Vics that can fold space to catch you.

Orv
May 4, 2011
There are stretches of road 'watched' by the cops where if you cause property damage or hit NPCs a meter will go up. If you fill the meter a chase starts and it spawns cops. Damage enough cops and it becomes roadblocks and helicopters. Rest of the time it's not an issue.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Shadowlz posted:

Why do the Nissan cars have ??s next to top speed and 0-60. It seems to only be those cars.

It's dumb car manufacturer bullshit, like how a lot of them won't allow damage to be shown, etc.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Croccers posted:

You don't have to pick one straight away but it doesn't mention a cool-down if you want to swap, only that you lose your rank if you switch.
There's some Faction War thing but unless there's a weekly reward from that what's the point of a ONE WEEK cool-down where you already lose your daily salary bonus to start from the bottom?

I was able to switch immediately once the next faction (Crocodiles :respek:) opened up.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Feenix posted:

So what you're saying is..Sky(line)'s the limit.

No. No has ever or will ever say that, you loving monster.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cubey posted:

Reviews are hitting and hey what a shock, they're all shittacular. It's almost like they didn't send out review copies because they wanted to try and sucker people into buying this before word spread too far that it was a tremendous pile of poo poo or something. I sure didn't see this coming!

I sure see a lot of people in here enjoying it, along with Joe continuously trying to be funny.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Extra posted:

the crew is a game best viewed by its relativity to other possible dumb game purchases like all the goons who paid $150 for ArcheAge

I could set a watch by you Extra, if the two times on the watch were "Game before release" and "Game at release".

E: The second hand points to "excited" or "hate" as appropriate.

Orv fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Dec 9, 2014

Orv
May 4, 2011
Quit justifying their grindy bullshit. :argh:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Abu Dave posted:

Now that all the anti UbiSoft hate has kinda diminshed, how are you guys enjoying this game? A car MMO always seemed like a great idea to me.

The missions are awful, the challenges are annoying grinds and the car physics are fine most of the time, but when they fail they do so spectacularly. That said it's the best drive around a place game to yet exist, but it's not worth the $60 for that.

Orv
May 4, 2011
And yet you didn't use iridescent paint. :colbert:

Orv
May 4, 2011
And nothing of value was lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Junkenstein posted:

My Viper (aquired through UPlay cheevos) has only ever had the Perf spec available for it though (?).

That's just for that Viper, and you can never change the spec on it.

• Locked thread