Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

uh no cause then someone has to look at it. seal them up inside a wall like a civilized person so they can suffocate peacably over a couple dozen hours

That's not how hanging works. It's actually very quick. They calculate how far you should drop based on your weight. The sweet spot is between breaking your neck from the fall, but not losing your head. Hanging and firing squad are probably the two best ways to go.

Maybe combine the two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

1gnoirents posted:

what if the dude or gal raped then killed 1000 children?

uhhhh he should get his name on the loving high score board? wth

all time greatest / murdering rapist

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

JebanyPedal posted:

I have both, but I think what may be wrong with me is that I am happy in life and that usually doesn't make you all want to kill people and poo poo.

I am too so your theory is full of holes

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Ramsus posted:

That's not how hanging works. It's actually very quick. They calculate how far you should drop based on your weight. The sweet spot is between breaking your neck from the fall, but not losing your head. Hanging and firing squad are probably the two best ways to go.

Maybe combine the two.

They should just have a machine that points 20 guns at your head and fires all of them at the same time so your head just explodes. Painless and foolproof.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Guancho posted:

gently caress carepost threads

I wrote the Orig Post and at what point did I say I loving cared?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

1gnoirents posted:

I am too so your theory is full of holes

You might have something missing in your life, like a loving pet, or a girlfriend who calls you baby or some other such pet name.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Deformation is considered inhumane but really the guillotine is a cool and effective device that i can get behind

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

JebanyPedal posted:

You might have something missing in your life, like a loving pet, or a girlfriend who calls you baby or some other such pet name.

well :smith: I chose specifically not to have a pet until I know where im going to live for long term, which is only going to happen once im sure im having a kid and frankly id like to make a bit more money first before I do that. a pet is a serious responsibility, having grown up with many

so i guess your right, i dont have a pet so we shoudlnt have the death penalty for someone who rapes and kills 1000 children

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
has anyone considered that maybe this guy was just unusually tough and hard to kill

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

1gnoirents posted:

well :smith: I chose specifically not to have a pet until I know where im going to live for long term, which is only going to happen once im sure im having a kid and frankly id like to make a bit more money first before I do that. a pet is a serious responsibility, having grown up with many

so i guess your right, i dont have a pet so we shoudlnt have the death penalty for someone who rapes and kills 1000 children

Yeah, you'll eventually get the pet though and things will work out but I'm glad we pinpointed the science behind this phenomena.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

JebanyPedal posted:

Yeah, you'll eventually get the pet though and things will work out but I'm glad we pinpointed the science behind this phenomena.

This is a rare conclusion in GBS, and I applaud it and hope for many more like it.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

ethanol posted:

Deformation is considered inhumane but really the guillotine is a cool and effective device that i can get behind

there should be a version of the guillotine that's a big rock that crushes your entire head

that way you don't have to sharpen it, and there's no risk that the head will remain alive independent of the body

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Ramsus posted:

Maybe combine the two.

lol No they actually don't have a loving clue how to hang someone half of the time their head pops off or they suffocate to death, we couldn't even manage to not gently caress up the Nuremberg hangings so the idea of trusting whatever hick they put in charge in of doing it in Arizona to not gently caress it up is laughable.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

1gnoirents posted:

This is a rare conclusion in GBS, and I applaud it and hope for many more like it.

Between this and the 50 Shades of Grey thread I think GBS has done a lot of good today, God bless.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

:unsmith:

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Three Olives posted:

lol No they actually don't have a loving clue how to hang someone half of the time their head pops off or they suffocate to death, we couldn't even manage to not gently caress up the Nuremberg hangings so the idea of trusting whatever hick they put in charge in of doing it in Arizona to not gently caress it up is laughable.

So you're comparing modern hanging to Nuremberg? Possibly where they could give two shits whether or not the death was quick and painless?

Yes, the people that carry out the death penalty are hosed up retarded hicks and not doctors and people smarter than you.

Parpy
Oct 23, 2009

Ducklings have been known to imprint on, and imitate, species in close vicinity -- especially cats and dogs.

~SMcD
i remember seeing a documentary called The Running Man why did they do away with that practice? that man won, straightened up his life and went on to be governor iirc

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Ramsus posted:

Maybe combine the two.

Firing squads are super quick and a bullet to the brainpan is about as guaranteed instant painless death as it is possible to get, but we don't do it ever anymore because it looks as brutal as it is and twitching corpses are ucky

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
wish he suffered more, pathetic human being

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

Firing squads are super quick and a bullet to the brainpan is about as guaranteed instant painless death as it is possible to get, but we don't do it ever anymore because it looks as brutal as it is and twitching corpses are ucky

Firing squad doesn't look brutal, they shoot the guy in the heart. The guy getting shot wears a special vest that stops everything from spilling out everywhere.

Orchestrated Mess
Dec 12, 2009

Fuck art. Let's dance.

yes, but think of the problems that this execution solved

also jesus

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Ramsus posted:

Firing squad doesn't look brutal, they shoot the guy in the heart. The guy getting shot wears a special vest that stops everything from spilling out everywhere.

whoa what so he's like a gut grenade going off inside a kevlar shirt that's rad as heck we should be increasing the creation and containment of inasne gibs
like if we could basically find a way to pop convicts like a killer man balloon inside an iron maiden

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Ramsus posted:

So you're comparing modern hanging to Nuremberg? Possibly where they could give two shits whether or not the death was quick and painless?

Yes, the people that carry out the death penalty are hosed up retarded hicks and not doctors and people smarter than you.

Actually it turns out scientists have been a little busy with cancer and all that to figure out how to make hangings look prettier and the medical boards said they frown on letting murder participants have medical licenses so we haven't really made any progress on it in quite some time.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Cubone posted:

whoa what so he's like a gut grenade going off inside a kevlar shirt that's rad as heck we should be increasing the creation and containment of inasne gibs
like if we could basically find a way to pop convicts like a killer man balloon inside an iron maiden

Yeah, and every execution should have this coming out the loudspeaker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1fUwKMdAI

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Three Olives posted:

Actually it turns out scientists have been a little busy with cancer and all that to figure out how to make hangings look prettier and the medical boards said they frown on letting murder participants have medical licenses so we haven't really made any progress on it in quite some time.

Wow you must know lots of death penalty researchers and cancer scientists.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
I'd still take that gladly over life without parole in Arizona State Prison...they could inject me with hemlock for all i fuckin care

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax
awwww the poor murder had to die in pain :qq:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

do you think for your last meal you could request like 6 shots of everclear and a chaser and try to go out that way

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i honestly dont care what happens to people that hurt other people :shrug:

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Chuck Tanner posted:

I don't think hurting him fixed anything, chuck.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Daedra posted:

Harsh words from someone whose posting is so painful to look at

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Daedra posted:

Gonna give you a wedgie homie.

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

drilldo squirt posted:

I don't think hurting him fixed anything, chuck.

Sure it did

It gave him what he deserved :unsmith:

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
He didn't die. He was wheeled into the basement for further experimentation.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

Harsh words from someone whose posting is so painful to look at

ive never been more hurt i hope youre happy

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
You know what would fix the death penalty is if you could choose your own death. Anything you could think up within reason they'd do to you.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Chuck Tanner posted:

murder
one who murds

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Chuck Tanner posted:

Sure it did

It gave him what he deserved :unsmith:

I don't think we have a right to chose who deserves what, chuck.

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012
Somehow by trying to take the brutality of executions away they've managed to make them even more brutal than just shooting the guy or cutting his head off. This is like if the ending of Braveheart was the whole 2 hour movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

drilldo squirt posted:

I don't think we have a right to chose who deserves what, chuck.

Wrong, the only thing that sucks about the death penalty is that it's very expensive. That and sometimes they get the wrong guy. But to make an omelette...

• Locked thread