Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baby Nanny
Jan 4, 2007
ftw m8.
It's that time of the year again where some really awful people decide to play this really awful MMO again on a new server that will probably be not that great. This time we're checking out TrueRO (http://truero.com/)

About Ragnarok Online

Ragnarok Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG). It was created by the Gravity Corporation based in Seoul, South Korea. Ragnarok Online (RO) allows you to create a virtual character, customize it, and partake in epic adventures across exotic lands. RO is a great way to hang out with friends as well as make new ones. With an ever-expanding universe, in-game events, and a large community of users, there are always places to see, things to do, and people to meet in the world of Ragnarok!

- Over 20 classes in the game for players to choose from!
- Cute 2D characters with customizable looks!
- Large and detailed 3D game world that continues to grow!
- Simple game mechanics that are easy to learn!
- Battle other players in PvP arenas!
- Challenge other guilds in the War of Emperium!
And more!

This game invented modern kmmo's and is pretty great and has some cool anime sprites. It sort of plays like an anime diablo.

About TrueRO

Server Info

URL: http://truero.com/
Client: http://truero.com/?module=pages&action=content&path=download
Register: http://truero.com/?module=account&action=create

Rates: 20x/20x/5x/3x
(Base Exp / Job Exp / Drop Rate / MVP Card Drop)

Renewal: Yes
WoE Time: 3x a week
Battlefield: Yes
Max Base Level: 175
Max Job Level: 60
Max Stats: 130
Max ASPD: 193

Some cool things this server has

- Renewal mechanics and leveling
- 3rd jobs
- 2nd jobs for gunslinger and ninja
- Not crazy rates (20x)
- It's pretty active (575 people on normally)
- Doesn't care if you dual client
- Active GM's
- Fairly young so not a lot of corruption (yet)

With renewal and the new classes this almost feels like a new game and its pretty darn fun. If this sounds like your cup of tea come and join us on irc over at #treeofsavior on irc.synirc.net (channel will eventually be used for the much cooler looking game Tree of Savior)

Guild is up so if you see anyone in the guild Anime just tell them you want in. Or better yet just join irc.

Baby Nanny fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jul 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I am a kMMO addict and I endorse this post. Bring on the hats! :swoon:

Drakonis
Dec 18, 2011

"That will go down among my worst boners."
Sup folks, we have a guild now, it is called Anime if you'd like a invite, message either Drakonnus or MarchHare for a invite to the guild.

Zwick
Sep 30, 2004
Think.
guys don't do this to me, I feel like I'm following Silento everywhere :(

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

The installer is so corrupted that even right clicking it crashes explorer. Can't even drag it to the trash. Seem to be the only one with this problem so something went nuts on my end hahaha

EDIT: Solved problem, gonna redownload so I can kill some Porings

AlmightyBob fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jul 26, 2014

Baby Nanny
Jan 4, 2007
ftw m8.
Updated the OP with guild info. Going to try to get a buff bot up this weekend, I just hate leveling healers ugh.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

bitch im pikachu

Funkatron5000
Apr 23, 2014
In as Funkatron, future gypsy.

Snayke
Mar 5, 2009
I will be in soon enough. Either my internet is slow or the download source is slow. Haven't played RO for yonks.

In as Snayke.

Snayke fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Aug 6, 2014

Scags
Nov 12, 2005
I'll probably get in on this tonight or tomorrow. Ragnarok is my poo poo.

MrLlama254
Dec 9, 2013
I haven't played Ragnarok since I was in high school. I remember hearing about third jobs after I stopped playing but I heard that they were kind of broken/incomplete.

I don't have anything better to do though so I will probably download this tonight. Any recommendations for a good support class? I used to play as a bard or sage or whatever the advanced version of them were to help in WoE and during MVP fights.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
Welp, guess I'm playing Ragnarok again. Would also like some advice on what classes are good for support and stuff, is this stuff here good for this server?

Kumquat
Oct 8, 2010
So glad I decided to jump into MMO HMO at random. I'm so loving in. Downloading when I get home.

Baby Nanny
Jan 4, 2007
ftw m8.

Eggn0g posted:

Welp, guess I'm playing Ragnarok again. Would also like some advice on what classes are good for support and stuff, is this stuff here good for this server?

Iro wiki is pretty outdated. Check out truero's forum for builds and stuff. Also the best place to ask questions will always be the irc channel in the op. Use mibbit if you have to but there's always a couple of us idling in there that can help you out or invite you to the guild.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Oh god what are you people doing to me? I played this poo poo back when iRO was in beta/releasing, and its like a digital form of crack. I don't understand how I can turn on some music and run a guy around clicking stuff for so long and still enjoy it somehow. Then you've got the hats. So many hats. I still randomly play this poo poo every couple years, just like a junkie. Time to sign up for another server and download some sprites!

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
10 years ago I had mono and played this game the whole summer before going away to college. I played with some goons back then too. I think I'll give this game another try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who recently had a weird urge to find a decent server recently. I'll be joining as soon as the client's done downloading.

• Locked thread