Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Neurolimal posted:

is he the one that filmed the dino documentary, or the one that said you cant get pregnant from legitimate rape

i mix the two up so often

You are real mixed up. Stephen King the rear end in a top hat is the one who said you can't get pregnant from rape, Stephen King the author is the guy who writes horror stories, and Stephen Spielberg is the dinosaur guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

nimh posted:

You could have finished it and a bunch of others by now.

also: i dont hve it

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

You are real mixed up. Stephen King the rear end in a top hat is the one who said you can't get pregnant from rape, Stephen King the author is the guy who writes horror stories, and Stephen Spielberg is the dinosaur guy.

where does stepphenwolf fit in this

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Neurolimal posted:

where does stepphenwolf fit in this

it doesn't thats GRRM poo poo

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
no wait, that direwolf. stepphenwolf doesn't factor into anything.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
'cept for Easy Rider. That was a good movie.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

stepphenwolf doesn't factor into anything.

not true; stephen king was a pro on the electric guitar, and spielbergs vocals were legendary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I really like my early edition of "Pet Semetary [sic]"

I think "Lisey's Story" was when I noticed that King was falling into a pattern of having a running-scene in his new books. Upon reflection DT7 had one, there was that short-story that was entirely one (I think he re-used it in Lisey's? Just changed around the details?), and I think that there was one more recent one.

Anyway, Colorado Kid was one of the shittiest stories I've read by him. Was there supposed to be something supernatural going on in the background with that one?

I remember the ending being basically "Yeah, so this deep mystery that we've been rambling on about [literally] like a bunch of old farts that easily get off topic into irrelevant stories, kind of like Ol' Barry that used to set up on 'lawn chair down at the smokeshop, back when t'er was a smokeshop in town y'ken, who used to tell stories 'f wars at never 'appened, of men in blue skin o'er nay more 'en cannibals fighten a war fer a man named "Carson"...

Edit: There was; I guess there's a reference to Star Bucks in the early 80's when it didn't exist, and King said that readers of the DT series will know what's up, so different levels of the tower/ crossing over/ crap

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Jul 26, 2014

• Locked thread