Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
I heard that Americans don't drink instant coffee very much but everyone over here in Britain seems to drink it all the time and I'm drinking it for the first time right now in a long time because my fancy bean-to-cup machine is broken and it's loving rank. I'm just curious really. Apparently it's your fault though because your American GI's brought it over in WWII (along with various STD's). Why did you do this? Why can't you just leave us all alone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
As I am not a poor, I do not drink instant coffee.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I had nescafe for the first time not too long ago and it tasted like hot cocoa which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
we don't usually drink it but it works on camping trips. i guess visiting england is a lot like camping: it never stops raining and everyone is miserable and smells a little.

...i'm talking out my rear end i've never been over there

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Claven666 posted:

we don't usually drink it but it works on camping trips. i guess visiting england is a lot like camping: it never stops raining and everyone is miserable and smells a little.

...i'm talking out my rear end i've never been over there

I'll have you know I smell of Instinct by David Beckham and it's a proper scorcher out today.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

your American GI's brought it over in WWII (along with various STD's)

YOU'RE WELCOME

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
put dirt in a cup then add hotwater congratulations u have instant coffee

G.I. Jaw
Mar 26, 2003

More cake, Mrs. Tuffington?

Nap Ghost
I only drink Keurig brewed coffee and only if the K-Cup costs at least $1 a piece. I'm what you would call a bit of a coffee snob.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
lol you're obsessed with america

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Cucking Mama posted:

No he's like a breakfast show radio host. What can I say that will get the most pointless replies.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Being poor is no excuse to drink instant coffee, since you already own a kettle if you're drinking instant, so just get some filters and start making proper coffee.

Being lazy is, though.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i drink instant coffee when i go to third world hellholes and its all they got

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Cucking Mama posted:

and why shouldn't i be it's the land of opportunity

concerned mom posted:

No he's like a breakfast show radio host. What can I say that will get the most pointless replies.

didn't anyone ever tell you it's impolite to talk about someone in the third person when they're present

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
if you were a present i'd return you hth

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Get a French press, a grinder and some decent beans, it's only a little bit more effort than instant and tastes a thousand times better

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

KomodoWagon posted:

if you were a present i'd return you hth

this one is not very good sorry please leave gypsum spanking to the professionals

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Real americans use amphetamines to wake up.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Decebal posted:

Real americans use amphetamines to wake up.

amphetamines, cigarettes, and coffee. we call it a truckers cocktail

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

Get a French press, a grinder and some decent beans, it's only a little bit more effort than instant and tastes a thousand times better

Well my bean-to-cup machine is being serviced but I have to wait a week, I don't want to buy a cafetiere (or as you call it a 'french press') if I can avoid it meantime but it may come to that...

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Not this American.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
i think baby boomers still do but as we all know they are retarded beyond belief

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Those loving colonials, right?

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
This is like eating Spam. The war shortage is over guys, move on.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Decebal posted:

This is like eating Spam. The war shortage is over guys, move on.

Go to hawaii. Spam is in EVERYTHING!

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
then again a lot of americans drink starbucks and think that's good too so maybe it's just americans in general are retarded beyond belief

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

jiharlequinade posted:

Those loving colonials, right?

I have a good mind to buy up all the instant coffee I can and dump it all in Plymouth harbour.

phobo
Aug 7, 2008
I might just be imagining it but coffee tastes better to me from a french press.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Please can we start calling a french press a cafetiere, not for me but for the French as a sign of respect to their language like we're actually making the effort.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
I've drunk Trader Joe's coffee concentrate when I was in a hurry. Doesn't taste great, and you're supposed to water it down, but hey, caffeine.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

I heard that Americans don't drink instant coffee very much but everyone over here in Britain seems to drink it all the time and I'm drinking it for the first time right now in a long time because my fancy bean-to-cup machine is broken and it's loving rank. I'm just curious really. Apparently it's your fault though because your American GI's brought it over in WWII (along with various STD's). Why did you do this? Why can't you just leave us all alone?

wE OWN you limey prick

But also you are right, instant is horse poo poo. The first cup you drink is aight, but every subsequent cup is horrible, even if you put it in your freezer.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Camping, OP. This is pretty much the only time I drink it.

Is anyone keeping track of GBS coffee threads? Are we at #1000 yet? Is there a hidden reward we open up when we get there?

JUST WAYNES BALLS
Jul 24, 2014

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Please can we start calling a french press a cafetiere, not for me but for the French as a sign of respect to their language like we're actually making the effort.

lol no

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Respect the French? Man I was just kidding before but you really are a shithead

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
azera instant is rad and i got a massive office-sized drum of it in staples for a tenner. it doesn't even go out of date 'till next month.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

its cool going to nicaragua where coffee is one of their main products and all of the nicaraguans drink lovely instant because they cant afford their own coffee lol owned by capiutalism bitch

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
But do you not just see how lazy it is to not even say the word? It would be like calling an omelette a 'french egg dish'. Please try harder.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

its cool going to nicaragua where coffee is one of their main products and all of the nicaraguans drink lovely instant because they cant afford their own coffee lol owned by capiutalism bitch

they should just plant some coffee trees in their back yards. lazy bums

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

a cafetieria is where i get all you can eat fried catfish not some hand making coffee thing

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
The only good use for instant is put it in a plastic bag with an equal amount of hot cocoa powder and eat spoonfuls with a swig of water while you're hiking and can't stop for breaks.

edit: and I think we don't say cafetiere because we use that name for a different thing, the two-piece all-metal italian or spanish thing that makes espresso on the stovetop (think they're italian but have seen them in spain).

Myron Baloney fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jul 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Instant coffee is for poores.

Now gibe me a hot dog made from rear end meat.

• Locked thread