Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
lol you suckers drink coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I love coffee. and spam too

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Three Olives what blend would you recommend to a KeurigⓇ newbie ?

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

quote:

Stories aside, what is believe to be first patent for a cafetiere was filed by two Frenchmen, Mayer and Delforge, in 1852. Their design was very simple, a metal coffee pot fitted with a moveable metal filter attached to a rod. However, the problem with these first cafetieres was that they couldn’t be manufactured with enough precision for the filter to fit snugly into the pot. There was a gap between the filter and the side of the pot and the so some coffee grounds could escape around the sides of the filter.

quote:

The next significant patent for a cafetiere was lodged by an Italian named Attilio Calimani, in 1929. Calimani sought to improve filtration by adding flexible packing around the edge of the filter to form a seal with the side. Calimani proposed that this packing could be made from various materials including a helical spring or rubber. Both of these materials are used today.

So just for the record two Frenchies invented it but it was crap, owned by an Italian

e: similar to how the British invented football/soccer and are about the crappest in the world at it

SirEvelynTremble fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 25, 2014

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Decebal posted:

Three Olives what blend would you recommend to a KeurigⓇ newbie ?

I mostly drink the chai tea latte personally, but I keep a few random boxes of other coffee for guests and will occasionally have a cup, mostly hazelnut.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

rcman50166 posted:

lol you suckers drink coffee

What's wrong with coffee?

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
sometimes there are people who dont drink coffee for health or weirdo religious reasons, but keep instant in the house for guests. That's about the extent of my exposure to instant and its a real bummer to be offered coffee [without realizing its instant] and then pretend its not gross to be polite

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW

Dick Fagballzson posted:

What's wrong with coffee?

costs money, bad for your teeth, people get all coffee dependent in the mornings too.

LaSalsaVerde
Mar 3, 2013

i have one o them k-cup machines

half the work

p good coffee

10/10 heartily recomen

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Im too lazy to make a pot right now at work, and really only need the one cup, so i put the kettle on and made a cup of folgers instant. Lil bit of splenda, bit o cream and its really not that bad at all. Im hungover so its just what I need right now. Canadaland.

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Drinking coffee and respecting the French, starting to question whether the op is really English

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Charles Bukowski posted:

so i put the kettle on

what the gently caress is this poo poo

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
coffee doesn't do anything for me probably because i take a daily 140mg dose of vyvanse

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
if your coffee isnt instant your coffee is pretentious

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

the correct name is pain perdu

you mean poor knights of windsor or else eggy bread

thats it im pulling yoru obnoxious internet englisher card

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

the correct name is pain perdu

sounds like animal cruelty at a chicken farm

e: the only acceptable form of instant coffee is cappuccino mix

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Cream_Filling posted:

you mean poor knights of windsor or else eggy bread

thats it im pulling yoru obnoxious internet englisher card

nice one

ps gently caress the french

TheEldar
Oct 24, 2010
I live in England and happen to think instant coffee is a scourge of the planet that must be stopped. I drink only black filter coffee usually but if I simply have to feed my massive caffeine addiction with instant because it's the only thing around, it requires a ton of milk to be passable. The crappiest, cheapest brand of ground coffee is 10x better than the most expensive instant.

I had to buy a filter machine at work to stick in the office and have slowly turned nearly everyone in my department on to it, to the point where we are all chipping in for big boxes of bulk order coffee now. It is my small service to humanity.

Americans do it the right way. Drip machines are the norm, virtually every house/office has one in.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp

End Of Worlds posted:

why dont any of you inbred loving islanders drink iced coffee

not iced lattes

iced fuckign coffee

you make coffee and you put it on loving ice

whys this so hard

edit i have been to every point of the compass in britain and i have ltierally never had a cup of coffee that wasnt absolute dogshit

lol@this scrub who doesnt cold brew his iced coffee

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
I only drank instant coffee once.

In my defence, I had a hangover, there was a desert outside and it was the only thing with caffeine in the hotel room.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Rockopolis posted:

I've drunk Trader Joe's coffee concentrate when I was in a hurry. Doesn't taste great, and you're supposed to water it down, but hey, caffeine.

The iced coffee concentrate? It's fine with milk and a little bit of flavor syrup.

i've had the starbucks via in a pinch it's only slightly better than mediocre

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you're a sucker if you think that's superior to a $10 drip coffee maker

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

rcman50166 posted:

costs money, bad for your teeth, people get all coffee dependent in the mornings too.

What do you drink that gives you a DMCA dependency?

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Dolphin posted:

or a loving kettle and pour-over funnel

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rcman50166 posted:

costs money, bad for your (x), people get all (y) dependent in the mornings too.
i just turned the nouns into variables and now you have an excuse to hate anything in the world that other people like.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Dolphin posted:

It's superior in the sense that it is easier and allows you to have an assortment of coffee around the house for guests that you might not personally drink very often but remains fresh and doesn't seem like a burden when you offer something to drink.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Jamaican Blue or Dominican beans ground for a real espresso machine you tasteless plebs

Actually my acid reflux is so bad these days I can only drink "smooth stomach" Folger's, it tastes like battery acid

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Three Olives posted:

It's superior in the sense that it is easier and allows you to have an assortment of coffee around the house for guests that you might not personally drink very often but remains fresh and doesn't seem like a burden when you offer something to drink.
lol. that's really not that superior.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Three Olives posted:

it isn't easier, i've used one, it's just less convenient because you can only make one weak cup at a time. and in terms of keeping stuff fresh, why don't you just buy actual good drinks to make when you're planning to entertain? i guarantee they'll like you more when they see that you actually went to some effort to make them something nice instead of directing them to your keurig

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
the keurig really is just a novelty machine. i've only ever used one when i'm at the vet's (so part of it makes me think of my poor dead cat) and the thing has no temp control and is loud as loving poo poo. and i can either have 12 oz of mediocre coffee or 16 oz of weak mediocre coffee

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
The Kuerig is convenient. Clean up is minimal. It's fast. You can have coffee pods for a variety of preferences. I don't think anyone is arguing that it makes great coffee. It's also expensive for what it is. That being said, it's still way better than lovely instant coffee.

Dick Fagballzson fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 25, 2014

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Helical Nightmares posted:

What do you drink that gives you a DMCA dependency?

based on his track record, he's lying and downing two pots of the thing every day

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Dick Fagballzson posted:

The Kuerig is convenient. Clean up is minimal. It's fast. You can have coffee pods for a variety of preferences. I don't think anyone is arguing that it makes great coffee. It's also expensive for what it is. That being said, it's still way better than lovely instant coffee.

kuerig is like beats by dr dre. it kind of sucks at doing the one job it's supposed to do, expensive, and is more or less used as a status symbol by idiots with disposable income

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Obligatory Toast posted:

kuerig is like beats by dr dre. it kind of sucks at doing the one job it's supposed to do, expensive, and is more or less used as a status symbol by idiots with disposable income

Dude it's like $100, they sell them at Walmart, coffee is like almost always on sale, it's hardly a status symbol.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Its a good thing to have for somebody thats not a big coffee drinker but has people over

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Three Olives posted:

Dude it's like $100, they sell them at Walmart, coffee is like almost always on sale, it's hardly a status symbol.

you can buy a drip machine for $20 bucks.

gently caress, i wouldn't spend 100 bucks on something that has no temp control. that's dumb as poo poo.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
gently caress no we don't drink that poo poo unless there's nothing else available including fill dirt

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dolphin posted:

[img-keurig]

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Obligatory Toast posted:

you can buy a drip machine for $20 bucks.

gently caress, i wouldn't spend 100 bucks on something that has no temp control. that's dumb as poo poo.

yes and a press and grinder are like 50bux and make god tier coffee. keurigs are complete poo poo for retards with more money than sense. oh hi three olives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

a question that has bothered me for such a long time, finally answered...

• Locked thread