Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Magnus Gallant posted:

People who haven't seen the wire make me nervous

It's too late to see the wire now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

CapitalistPig posted:

I really Enjoy your avatar

I thought I had better get one if I wanted to become The King of Mafia.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Dugong posted:

I thought I had better get one if I wanted to become The King of Mafia.

We already have a champion, you know. You'll probably have to challenge him to a Thunderdome.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."
Confirming that I share the initials of a Square Soft game.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Ixtlilton posted:

We already have a champion, you know. You'll probably have to challenge him to a Thunderdome.

I'm only a training montage away

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

After a rigorous day of professional development from my county, I want to start the school year with this opening line: "Good morning. Welcome to 8th grade Language Arts. Lesson one: One day all of us will die."

That has nothing to do with me confirming my role, which I am now doing, but it was merely a thought I had.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The woman hurried me into her carriage, and I was far too dazed to offer any resistance. She seemed to be in control of the vehicle, a "car" she called it, but I could see no means of propulsion other than a dull roar ahead of us and a gentle vibration throughout the... car. She asked where I had been, that I had a meeting with "the Ministers" in an hour, and she was worried sick for me after I failed to show up at the ceremony at the Arboretum.

She spoke in a flurry like rains in the Stormlands, and soon I was lost within the tempest, unable to follow anything she said anymore. She sensed my confusion, however, and decided to contact "my wife." Strangely enough it was those two words that woke me from my stupor and made me angrily demand she tell me what was going on. I have not married, nor have I desired marriage, not since Brandon sliced it out of me, and I suppose the thought of being coerced to marry anyone but Cat frightened me even more than this strange new world in which I find myself.

She pulled over to the side of the road and stopped the carriage, and, ignoring my question, began assailing me. "First you go missing, then you come back dressed in a robe like some sort of... of nerd wizard--" (I confess many of her words were strange and unknown to my ear, but that was intended to ring most harshly judging by her tone) "and now you act like you've never seen a car before and have no idea what we're doing here." I began telling her about my travels, that I tripped down a gully and woke up in this strange place, but she looked at me, aghast, as if I had sprouted dragon wings. She then took out a small black gewgaw, pressed a button, and spoke into it:

"Yeah, we have a problem. I found Tommy. He's acting like a lunatic, I think he may have hit his head or... or something. Are you home?" - I heard the mumbling of a voice coming from the box - "Okay, great. We'll be there in 15."

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ecco :allears:

It works best if you switch accents five or six times while reading that

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Opopanax posted:

Ecco :allears:

It works best if you switch accents five or six times while reading that

OOC: I'm writing it that way!!

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."

DuckHuntDog posted:

No, I refuse to read mine.
In this spirit, I will refrain from reading any more of Ecco's horrible fanfic. Hopefully it won't prove to be too much of a handicap.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hello friends. Pandemic?

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Hello, Hal.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
We drove past many curious and bizarre sights: buildings with glass spires reaching up to the skies, higher than even the highest watchtowers in the Vale; shiny metal dragons, glinting in the sunlight; entire roads filled with dozens, hundreds of these "cars;" small cottages lined in rows that looked like loose reflections of the other.

It was in front of one of these last buildings that the carriage stopped. The woman exited and shuffled me out with her, dragging me by my arm across the lawn and to the door, knocking forcefully. I wondered whose home this must have been - I would have guessed a petty lord considering how trimmed were the hedges and grass, but there were so many. Is everyone in this land treated like nobility?

Another woman opened the door; she was wearing a pink blouse and thick blue pantaloons, as if she were a common peasant farmer. Yet my captor spoke to her as a friend:
"Hey Jen; here he is. He spent the entire ride over here gawking at planes."
The woman at the door kissed me, thanked "Terry," and led me inside.

I was overwhelmed by the sights and smells and contraptions littered even in just the foyer, but what shocked me most was a frame on the wall. It was a picture, but it was more life-like than any painting I had ever seen in all the Seven Kingdoms. It looked like I could just reach out and grasp the people smiling inside it.

Yet, one of them... was me.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jul 31, 2014

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hello friends. Pandemic?
I'll take ten.

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:
Confirmed.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Who's here? Let's call each other scum or something.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ixtlilton posted:

Scumbo

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ixtlilton posted:

Hey you scum, quit being such a scummy mcscummerson

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

What a wolf thing to say

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I knew I could count on you guys scum.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CapitalistPig posted:

What a wolf thing to say

You're the wolf

-Opopanax

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

WMD?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Let's see who can come the closest to describing our character without giving it away.

I'll start, my character is a white male.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

Let's see who can come the closest to describing our character without giving it away.

You are Przybleweski or however you spell that crazy name

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hal Incandenza posted:

You are Przybleweski or however you spell that crazy name

Incorrect

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Is it still a quality product?

CapitalistPig posted:

Mine is a black male.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ixtlilton posted:

Mine is a black male.

That can't be right, mine is a black male.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I never saw any black males in the HBO television drama "the wire" that's preposterous

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

CapitalistPig posted:

I never saw any black males in the HBO television drama "the wire" that's preposterous

It's true, I was fakeclaiming.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I have a vig I'm going to use on d1

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CapitalistPig posted:

I have a vig I'm going to use on d1

IF you had a vig you'd have used it by now

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Opopanax posted:

IF you had a vig you'd have used it by now

Shoot opoop

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

O-POOP-anax. Hahaha!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's Anal Poop, get it right

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I'm confirming, for what it's worth.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

It would be nice if we could start the game.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It indeed would. I ran into unexpected commitments.

There really isn't a compelling flavor reason for this plot to occur, but I'll try to make up for that as we go on.

Day 1 Begins, Deadline Saturday 10:00 PM EST

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (21): Ardulac, CapitalistPig, chaoslord, Deadbeat Dad, dorkanoid, Dr. Hurt, DuckHuntDog, Dugong, EccoRaven, Fast Luck, Hal Incandenza, IcePhoenix, Ixtlilton, King Burgundy, Little Mac, Magnus Gallant, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Opopanax, Rarity, Sam., Somberbrero

With 21 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 02nd, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 23 hours.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Thanks, TT!

##vote Opop

See you all D2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

gently caress

• Locked thread