Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ecco, was there anything in particular that made you think I was scum or was it just the general scummy vibe I give off in every game I play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Rarity posted:

Thanks, Taste! This was a really fun game to play and watch! Way to let the team down, scumbros :argh:

I'm sorry I tunneled you so hard, I didn't plan on it but other people kept pulling me back towards you.

:sympathy:

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I didn't want to kill Ecco cause playing with Ecco is fun. Probably a mistake.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

dork/Hal was there any reason you chose to role-block me instead of the doctor

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Magnus Gallant posted:

I didn't want to kill Ecco cause playing with Ecco is fun. Probably a mistake.

When I left the scumdoc you guys were planning on killing him N2. What changed your mind/made you not recruit him?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I basically claimed Omar in like 5 different posts with pictures, quotes, and talking about Brother Mouzone. Once people started talking about Omar probably being a 3P I just said gently caress it and made up inventor/Poot. Luckily there was none of these roles or I was boned.

Sad a lot of the scum weren't that active - I don't there was a balance issue at all. This is how some games go no how hard you balance a game, it can go one way or the other if some things don't pan out.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Any reason I was the nightkill target or was it largely random?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Oh yeah, I was honestly loving surprised as hell I didn't at least get a roleblock the night after I claimed.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
What we should have done is recruit hurt like I said :colbert:

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Fast Luck posted:

dork/Hal was there any reason you chose to role-block me instead of the doctor

CapitalistPig posted:

Oh yeah, I was honestly loving surprised as hell I didn't at least get a roleblock the night after I claimed.

If you see in the scum doc, that was a half-joke suggestion by me that got acted out. Turned out somewhat nicely, but I should've pushed DBD the last day, not Fast Luck :(

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Rarity posted:

When I left the scumdoc you guys were planning on killing him N2. What changed your mind/made you not recruit him?

I think in general the "threat of the intercept" (especially for me, who didn't read the original game) made us very uncommunicative in the doc - and thus any selection of targets was not consensus, but rather "whoever sent in the target".

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I'm just glad everyone figured out pretty fast that I copped FL. And then I got super worried that he might have been a Godfather. Then godfather flipped.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

dorkanoid posted:

I think in general the "threat of the intercept" (especially for me, who didn't read the original game) made us very uncommunicative in the doc - and thus any selection of targets was not consensus, but rather "whoever sent in the target".

We knew we were safe from interception on N2!

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

I did add some thoughts over this last day in the doc, just because :v:

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I shouldn't have killed ixt. For some reason his posts were annoying the hell out of me so that's why I did it :shrug:

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Rarity posted:

We knew we were safe from interception on N2!

and still we were poo poo at communicating!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Magnus Gallant posted:

I shouldn't have killed ixt. For some reason his posts were annoying the hell out of me so that's why I did it :shrug:

I think it was a fair move. The problem there were had way too many people who were close to confirmed town.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Magnus Gallant posted:

Oh

Town got PMs that said they were either steadfastly on the side of the law or feeling the allure of the game. Only the latter could be turned.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Magnus Gallant posted:

He was the first one we suspected as soon as we got onto the recruit mechanic! Could've done someone like Ardulac.

edit: Although both Ardulac and Hurt probably would have failed due to the rule TT posted above.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I could have been turned :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I can't believe Fast Luck won a game of mafia before I did.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I would really have gotten a kick out of you turning DBD with his BP/vig in hand

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Definitely a missed opportunity not having Snoop in the game. Snoop owns.

On that note, what was the mafia theme? Was it just "characters I don't like", like the thread was kinda getting at?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I was the saddest mason ever this game. Recruit Little Mac. He dies. Recruit DBD, he hides. I die. :negative:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

That was a fun game, but I don't really love having my alignment change midgame. Especially when it turns out that the scum are the people I had already been pushing. Sorry Betrayer I should have just backed off but since scum didn't really even talk I just figured I'd keep going along with what I was doing.

Screw you DBD I stood up for you!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Hal Incandenza posted:

That was a fun game, but I don't really love having my alignment change midgame. Especially when it turns out that the scum are the people I had already been pushing. Sorry Betrayer I should have just backed off but since scum didn't really even talk I just figured I'd keep going along with what I was doing.

I had to go with the numbers! I was considering just trying to kill town early on when it was going badly before Rarity.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Wolery posted:

Definitely a missed opportunity not having Snoop in the game. Snoop owns.

On that note, what was the mafia theme? Was it just "characters I don't like", like the thread was kinda getting at?

Spoilerish Explanation

I went after guys I felt had the least conscience about what they did. Chris, Sergei, and Wee-Bey, while they have their reasons for becoming the way they are, are pretty much remorseless killers of both game players and citizens alike. Levy is imo the most "evil" of all Wire characters because he doesn't have to do what he does the way he does it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah, I thought that was pretty unfortunate :(. Flavor was fun to write though.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Tremendous Taste posted:

Spoilerish Explanation
Ah, makes sense. Pretty cool selection, though it makes me a bit nervous for Season 5 (I'm most of the way through S4 right now) since there weren't any characters I didn't recognize in there. :ohdear:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Rarity posted:

I can't believe Fast Luck won a game of mafia before I did.
Thanks

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Ayo TT, where's Wallace?

Hey TT. Where the gently caress is Wallace??

WHERE'S WALLACE???

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

Ayo TT, where's Wallace?

Hey TT. Where the gently caress is Wallace??

WHERE'S WALLACE???

:bravo:

I do expect a final reflection from our Baelish at some point~

vvPerfect

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Aug 18, 2014

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Also I had this prepared in case Betrayer actually did result in me dying:

quote:

"And who are you," the Ecco said,
"That I must vote so low?
Only a game of a different coat,
That's all the truth I know.

"And a game of vets, or a game of lurks,
An Ecco still posts tons.
And I am town and smart, my Lord,
As town and smart as you."

And so I vote, and so I vote,
The Lord of Ravenpine.
But now the posts rain on the game,
And none of them are mine.

Yes now the posts rain on the game,
But not a one of them are mine.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
And finally, the real reason why I decided to sign up like I did:

Dear Journal.

Today started out a day like any other. We gathered in the City Hall of Baltimoremd and rooted out the last of the brigands. With the "dork" behind bars his criminal enterprise was crushed wholly and entire, and yours truly is being credited as responsible. The news periodicals and broadsheets boast of my success, how I single-handedly have turned this city of thieves and villains into a shining star on the hill, leading to a glorious future.

My advisors have all returned popular opinion numbers showing me winning Tommy's election next week with an insurmountable lead. My primary opponent, the incumbent mayor, has been arrested in connection to the broader corruption of the gang, leaving me essentially unopposed. Of course, he had nothing to do with the murders and the violence, but when Lord Thomas of House Carcetti cries foul, the world beckons. Having the "dork" confess crimes and corruptions of the gang with all of my enemies certainly helps as well.

My opponents have been conquered, beat into submission and made to call me Master. I have in the span of less than a week dominated a strange and unknown city. And my advisors suggest it is a stepping stone, a platform on which I can advance to this county, and then the entire kingdom... perhaps even the whole of the world?

I am getting ahead of myself. Dearest Journal you have been a stalwart companion in these first few days of my harrowing Odyssey. But now it is time for me to leave you; I have a city to rule.

~P. Baelish

"It is a new day in Baltimoremd."

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

"There we go, you're finally getting up. You've had a rather nasty fall, Baelish."

Who are... Pycelle?

"Oh good, there seems to be no memory loss. And judging by the expression on your face, you're just as happy to see me as I am to see you."

Pycelle... I was in another world, a place much like this one but so very different... and there were these criminals...

"Your head should heal within the week. Take some milk of the poppy to numb the pain, and when you feel ready, the Queen would like a word with you. Good day."

No, you don't understand! There was this city, and... there was... some kind of gang... and...

Maester Pycelle stood watching Petyr for a moment, furrowing his brow and pursing his lips with contempt, before turning and leaving, his chains rattling along the stone floor of the Red Keep. Petyr sat up and rubbed his eyes, feeling the cold wet bandage on his forehead. With each passing second he was forgetting more and more of his fantastic dream, already more like a distant memory to him. Finally, the last sound "Tommy" heard was Pycelle closing the door to Littlefinger's room, its slam echoing through his brain like a clasp of thunder.

And then he was gone.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Nice sign-off :golfclap:

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Thanks for running the game, TT.

The only thing I have issue with was having people change alignment midgame is pretty unfair to the player and town, but that's a minor gripe.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

DuckHuntDog posted:

Thanks for running the game, TT.

The only thing I have issue with was having people change alignment midgame is pretty unfair to the player and town, but that's a minor gripe.

I was thinking about recruiting you so then I would have been bussing you the entire game. Didn't know that the recruit portion would show up in the flip.

Edit: also ixt I didn't kill you only because you were annoying but because if you flavor copped me I woulda been screwed. Chris Partlow is scummy as gently caress

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I was actually recruitable too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."

Tremendous Taste posted:

I don't like to single out MVPs as I feel like collective efforts dictate the game but I really enjoyed Ecco's self-assigned post restriction. Another bit onto that was somewhere where it seemed Meds was using a scum hypothetical to talk directly to scumbuddies and if so that was a brilliant moment.
While I was clearly less impressed with the post restriction, I do think Ecco was probably the MVP once his posting went back to normal. The whole Town did a pretty solid job though, as only one miskill occurred all game (not counting DBD's shot since he was 3P). That is a pretty solid showing all around.

Thanks for the game. I had much more fun than my low post count would probably indicate.

Edit: I forgot that KB also killed Opop. Still, a pretty strong Town game.

• Locked thread