Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

as I've gotten older I've stopped giving a poo poo about identifying myself through the music I listen to and also what other people listen to because who the gently caress cares but on the real buttrock shouldbe illegal and everyone in nickelback should be executed

also execute pearl jam for being the first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

jesus christ

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

LifeSizePotato posted:

it's not totally fair to bash katy perry since she depends almost entirely on her producers

so do probably like 90% of the bands posted in this thread

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

BUSH 2112 posted:

lol i was a teenager when those bands were popular and they sucked balls then too.

to answer the op's question: any artist that's played on modern-rock, country, or pop stations is as bad or worse than nickelback and lol if you listen to that bullshit and think that even a measure of it is good

also weezer is poo poo music for douchebags except for "say it ain't so" which is the only good song they ever wrote

worst post in the thread

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Also the Strokes are just a really lovely version of Spoon, and who the gently caress wants to rip off Spoon?

how in the gently caress

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Pretty sure nine inch nails hasn't been mentioned but head like a hole just played on the radio and holy poo poo those are some linkin park tier lyrics

It's embarrassing to be an adult and realize most music that teenagers identify with is written by emotionally stunted men in their thirties

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

5-HT posted:

p. sure that trent is more than aware his lyrics are bad. you listen to nin for the synth and noise.

Oh okay so they are terrible poo poo music on purpose

Makes sense

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Maoist Pussy posted:

uh oh guys, the lyrics

You like bad music

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

comes along bort posted:

i'd definitely bone the evanescence singer

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Y-Hat posted:

AC/DC, probably the most overrated band ever

you'd have to know like five bands in all of music to unironically called AC/DC the most overrated ever

like loving seriously?

"this band that's basically only listened to by people over 40 who ride motorcycles, most overrated ever in the history of music"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

LifeSizePotato posted:

i forgot seether did this song, it's not that bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP6JDLQF23g

it is actually real loving bad, bro

Y-Hat posted:

you raise a good point, i'm being too kind on AC/DC by calling them "overrated"

a better term for them would be "a glorified Nickelback" because all of their music is the same

the main difference between AC/DC and Nickelback is only one of them takes themselves seriously as real artists and that's what makes them suck

I just read an interview with Chad Kroeger to prove my point, and he actually seems like a decent person, but he also talks about how much time and thought he puts into writing his songs and the ~*~deeper meanings~*~ behind some of them

all of AC/DC's songs are about drinking or loving or being a bad rear end, which is okay and why they aren't Nickelback tier

AC/DC is like the proto Andrew WK, and no one would say Andrew WK sucks because all of his songs sound the same

• Locked thread