Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Febreeze posted:

I think we might need to add Adrian Peterson to this list

For disciplining his kid a bit too harshly? When I was a kid, i backtalked my mom and she slapped me, but I moved my head and she ended up giving me a very lightly bruised eye. Guess I should have called the cops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

warcrimes posted:

For disciplining his kid a bit too harshly? When I was a kid, i backtalked my mom and she slapped me, but I moved my head and she ended up giving me a very lightly bruised eye. Guess I should have called the cops.

quote:

Peterson then texted the boy’s mother, saying that one wound in particular would make her “mad at me about his leg. I got kinda good wit the tail end of the switch.”

Peterson also allegedly said via text message to the child’s mother that he “felt bad after the fact when I notice the switch was wrapping around hitting I (sic) thigh” and also acknowledged the injury to the child’s scrotum in a text message, saying, “Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I’m all tearing that butt up when needed! I start putting them in timeout. N save the whooping for needed memories!”

In further text messages, Peterson allegedly said, “Never do I go overboard! But all my kids will know, hey daddy has the biggie heart but don’t play no games when it comes to acting right.”

According to police reports, the child, however, had a slightly different story, telling authorities that “Daddy Peterson hit me on my face.” The child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities. He also said that he had been hit by a belt and that “there are a lot of belts in Daddy’s closet.” He added that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down. The child told his mother that Peterson “likes belts and switches” and “has a whooping room.”

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Okay, fair enough, some of that stuff is way over the line, if true.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Febreeze posted:

Why do my heros have to be shitbags? :(

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Flikken posted:

Why do my heros have to be shitbags? :(

I'm worried Calvin Johnson is going to go off the deep end now. I have no faith in my favorite players anymore :smith:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
After this week, I would like to pre-emptively nominate every player currently on an NFL roster and practice squad.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.

ayn rand hand job posted:

After this week, I would like to pre-emptively nominate every player currently on an NFL roster and practice squad.

Seconding and expanding to nominate everyone on Earth to be safe.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

cucka posted:

Seconding and expanding to nominate everyone on Earth to be safe.

I second Cucka's nomination of Cucka's Mom.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Chichevache posted:

I second Cucka's nomination of Cucka's Mom.

Thirding Cucka's Finger That Always Breaks

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
Stephen A. Smith doesn't need to add to his qualifications to be nominated, but goddamn it, he's gonna do it anyway!

http://deadspin.com/stephen-a-smith-doesnt-think-the-nfl-has-a-domestic-vi-1633022629

quote:

Yesterday, the National Organization for Women released a statement calling for NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's resignation. "The NFL has lost its way. It doesn't have a Ray Rice problem; it has a violence against women problem," the statement read.

First Take host Cari Champion read a passage from this statement on the show, and then debate was embraced. Skip Bayless said that maybe Goodell should go; Stephen A. Smith went full Facebook commenter.

"I'm sorry, I think this woman is off her rocker. I think she's lost her mind," Smith said. "That's right, I said it."

It's basically never advisable to keep saying things after saying, "I said it," but Smith didn't stop there.

"This is the most ridiculous nonsense I've ever heard in my life. Roger Goodell deserves to lose his job? Why are you acting like he's Ray Rice? Roger Goodell didn't hit Janay Palmer Rice. He hasn't hit any women. And by the way, the last time I checked, Skip, why are we talking about the NFL as if it's some cesspool for domestic violence? There's a few cases. It's being dealt with."

Champion stepped in about halfway through, saying, "Well, we gotta wrap," but Smith was working himself up.

"What the hell is this?" he asked. And then he started to yell, ranting for another minute and a half before ESPN cut to commercial.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Febreeze posted:

Facing charges, disqualified.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
btw, I know there will be more than enough people to keep him out of serious contention in a particularly bad year for douches in the NFL, but what's the verdict on McCoy's 20-cent tip?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

uublog posted:

btw, I know there will be more than enough people to keep him out of serious contention in a particularly bad year for douches in the NFL, but what's the verdict on McCoy's 20-cent tip?

I'm withholding judgement there. If the service was truly lovely, and a group of black men in Philly probably get lovely service pretty often, then I can certainly understand giving a terrible tip as a way of shaming your server. However if the service really was fine than Shady was being pure douche. Right now all we have are two different accounts and not much else.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Chichevache posted:

I'm withholding judgement there. If the service was truly lovely, and a group of black men in Philly probably get lovely service pretty often, then I can certainly understand giving a terrible tip as a way of shaming your server. However if the service really was fine than Shady was being pure douche. Right now all we have are two different accounts and not much else.

Considering McCoy seemed like a dick before this I don't really doubt he'd be that kind of rear end in a top hat. But yeah, its he said she said right now.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
The manager said they were verbally abusive from the second they walked in.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
Jameis Winston: Ready for round two

http://deadspin.com/jameis-winston-yells-gently caress-her-right-in-the-pussy-kil-1635466887

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

We're gonna be able to string together quite a montage of lovely Jameis things to "eye of the tiger."

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

uublog posted:

Stephen A. Smith doesn't need to add to his qualifications to be nominated, but goddamn it, he's gonna do it anyway!

http://deadspin.com/stephen-a-smith-doesnt-think-the-nfl-has-a-domestic-vi-1633022629

Hahahahahaha. Stephen A. Smith for a lifetime achievement award next year, please. This video can't ever get lost.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Might as well put Reggie Bush on watch for this thing

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

No Safe Word posted:

There is a good chance that a wildcard match will be Ray Rice Defenders vs. Adrian Peterson Defenders

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

No Safe Word posted:

There was a clarification on that; he evidently meant he -doesn't- hit his 1 year old daughter.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
The tournament is going to be INCREDIBLE next year

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

SilverMike posted:

There was a clarification on that; he evidently meant he -doesn't- hit his 1 year old daughter.

From reading it looks like he is trying to say that he will physically discipline here in the future when she deserves it, which to me means never but whatever. I do not think he actually meant that he hits his infant daughter.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WoodrowSkillson posted:

From reading it looks like he is trying to say that he will physically discipline here in the future when she deserves it, which to me means never but whatever. I do not think he actually meant that he hits his infant daughter.

I can see that, perhaps, he worded his statement terribly and made it seems like he totally does spank a 1 year old.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

A new challenger approaches!
https://twitter.com/tylerbaldwin/status/512348339136757760

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

That guy should get consideration for his background banner.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Chilichimp posted:

I can see that, perhaps, he worded his statement terribly and made it seems like he totally does spank a 1 year old.

what is truly stupid is commenting on it at all given the last 3 weeks.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Jesus, have you seen Captain Munnerlyn and Calvin Johnson's musing on the subject?

NFL Front Offices... tell your players to shut the gently caress up about Adrien Peterson's kid.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

Jesus, have you seen Captain Munnerlyn and Calvin Johnson's musing on the subject?

NFL Front Offices... tell your players to shut the gently caress up about Adrien Peterson's kid.

Maybe they should tell their players to stop beating women and children instead.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Maybe they should tell their players to stop beating women and children instead.

:thurman:

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Holy loving poo poo. When it rains it pours.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

WoodrowSkillson posted:

He called in to do a 5 minute spot for charity, and the one of the hosts (Craig Carton) grilled him on it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

He called in to do a 5 minute spot for charity, and the one of the hosts (Craig Carton) grilled him on it.

Free parenting advice.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

I guess the cte makes him too dumb to hang up?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I think a tone deaf Jameis Winston has earned a nomination and high seed for the second year in a row.

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers

uublog posted:

When Skip Bayless is the reasonable one in the discussion... I mean :stare:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Jameis was suspended from yesterday's game against clemson but suited up anyway and showed up to the sidelines, then hung around there all game (and the cameras kept showing him). Retard or mega-douche? We'll decide in 9 months!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

effectual posted:

Jameis was suspended from yesterday's game against clemson but suited up anyway and showed up to the sidelines, then hung around there all game (and the cameras kept showing him). Retard or mega-douche? We'll decide in 9 months!

This was a super-douche move.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Lane Kiffin is making a push for the HoF with the most recent developments:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/injured-former-usc-player-sues-001354474--ncaaf.html

quote:

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Former Southern California cornerback Brian Baucham is suing the school and former coach Lane Kiffin, alleging he was forced to play in a game while ill.

A law firm representing Baucham, AgnewBrusavich, said the suit was filed Monday in Los Angeles County Superior Court.

Baucham claims he suffered ''cardiopulmonary damage'' and ''brain injury with neurocognitive deficits'' after he played against California at the Coliseum on Sept. 22, 2012. Baucham's lawsuit claims he was ill and dehydrated before the game, but was ''forced'' to play by Kiffin.

''USC and head coach Kiffin were clearly negligent and acted with conscious disregard for Brian's welfare and safety by forcing him to play ... despite his verified medical history and seriously ill condition,'' said Bruce M. Brusavich, Baucham's attorney.

Baucham, who had sustained a concussion two months earlier, collapsed on the field in the fourth quarter against Cal. He was taken to a hospital by ambulance and spent several days on a ventilator.

A brain scan later revealed Baucham ''had sustained a brain injury and had bleeding in the brain,'' the lawsuit said. Baucham has no memory of the second half of the game, according to his lawsuit.

Baucham, a fifth-year senior in 2012, didn't play for the Trojans again. The lawsuit also claims USC attempted to revoke Baucham's scholarship after his injury, but Baucham and his family fought the school until he graduated.

The lawsuit doesn't name an amount of damages Baucham is seeking.

USC athletic director Pat Haden issued a statement Monday night.

''It wouldn't be appropriate for us to comment on this lawsuit, and due to privacy laws we cannot comment on the specifics of this case,'' Haden said. ''I will say that I am confident that we provide excellent medical treatment to our student athletes and that their health is always our primary concern ahead of any athletic competition.''

Baucham was a backup defensive back at USC in 2009 and 2010, but was ruled academically ineligible for the 2011 season.

Kiffin was fired in 2013 after going 28-15 in 3 1-2 seasons at USC. He was hired as Alabama's offensive coordinator in January.

Former USC tailback Stafon Johnson sued the school and a former assistant strength coach for negligence in 2011, 16 months after Johnson's throat was crushed in a weightlifting accident. The suit was settled in January 2012.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
That doesn't sound like anything any other coach would do differently. If you're cleared by the team doctor, they expect you to play, and I don't see anything about the player not wanting to play either.

• Locked thread