Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

The X-man cometh posted:

Then Stan Kroenke could bring the Rams back to Cleveland.

This could work, but we all need to pretend like this the way that it always has been, so I can proudly wear my Youngblood jersey, and reminisce with fellow Rams fans about when the greatest show on turf brought Cleveland home the big one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

im glad some finally got this joke

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

im glad some finally got this joke

im sad no one got mine (or that it was bad) :smith:

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
Breaking news:

http://www.sportingnews.com/sport/story/2015-02-24/keith-olbermann-suspended-espn-penn-state-tweets-tirade-thon-education-attack

Keith Olbermann calls Penn state students pitiful for raising $13 million for pediatric cancer because the students have the gall to go to a school

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

turbomoose posted:

Breaking news:

http://www.sportingnews.com/sport/story/2015-02-24/keith-olbermann-suspended-espn-penn-state-tweets-tirade-thon-education-attack

Keith Olbermann calls Penn state students pitiful for raising $13 million for pediatric cancer because the students have the gall to go to a school

:chloe:

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Feb 24, 2015

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I mean, on hand, it is obnoxious when Penn State students point out THON, which is obviously a great thing, as some kind of defense against criticism for their whole Paterno cultism.

But on the other hand, attacking Penn State as an educational institution is what makes me get all Blue and White on a mother fucker

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So, Olbermann was a jerk to random students, and was punished. What does this have to do with football?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Everything is about football in the off season

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, I mean, that does seem dumb to just act like a jerk to Penn state students for that, when there's way, way way better reasons to troll Penn State cultists

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I mean, on hand, it is obnoxious when Penn State students point out THON, which is obviously a great thing, as some kind of defense against criticism for their whole Paterno cultism.

But on the other hand, attacking Penn State as an educational institution is what makes me get all Blue and White on a mother fucker

I don't think his original tweet was even an insult of PSU as a college, was it? I thought he was just calling the tweet pitiful, not the fundraising attempt.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Chichevache posted:

I don't think his original tweet was even an insult of PSU as a college, was it? I thought he was just calling the tweet pitiful, not the fundraising attempt.

I thought it more as calling the trolling attempt by a PSU student to Olbermann pitiful.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

I dunno, Olbermann just can't stop getting himself suspended and that's just great. Love you Keith

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

I thought it more as calling the trolling attempt by a PSU student to Olbermann pitiful.

Yeah, that works too. Either way I think that got blown out of proportion and misinterpreted. Then Olbermann started getting stupid and petty, and he doesn't really have an excuse for that. Don't feed the trolls.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, that works too. Either way I think that got blown out of proportion and misinterpreted. Then Olbermann started getting stupid and petty, and he doesn't really have an excuse for that. Don't feed the trolls.

Yeah people saying "HE CALLED THON PITIFUL" are being willfully dumb but when he melted down and started attacking the school he crossed a line for me.

If he had just said pitiful and let it slide it would be a non-issue

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I mean, that does seem dumb to just act like a jerk to Penn state students for that, when there's way, way way better reasons to troll Penn State cultists

Exactly, and that's my problem with it. Why gently caress with students who raised millions for cancer when you could spend so much time trolling the alumni for being complete loving Paterno cultist cunts. I mean, JoePa or no, raising 13 million for cancer is still a good thing and there are so many better targets.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
The students are cultist cunts too though.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Look Sir Droids posted:

The students are cultist cunts too though.

It's because PSU is Stillers fan training camp.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Just put them both on the list they'll do something to really earn later on.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

Also, in the media bracket, Make It Rain Sports/"Analesa Presley" for catfishing high school boys into coming to Ole Miss.

This one is a bit of a conspiracy theory.

Around the time that Make It Rain Sports, an Ole Miss blog, came about, they featured an attractive young sorority girl as one of their regular contributors. This young lady now has 20k tweets from her twitter handle @FinsUpAP, most of them hitting on high school recruits that Ole Miss is after. This sent up red flags, because what sorority girl with no official job in the athletic department in her right mind spends all drat day tweeting at high school boys, year round? Well, to prove her existence, the MIRS guys did a podcast where she called in- sounding suspiciously like a 40+ year old woman. This did not satisfy many critics, so the local MSU vs Ole Miss radio show, Head 2 Head, invited her on, but she refused because she was busy. They started asking her for a picture with a newspaper or a video, and not only was that refused, but her twitter went to protected status.

Could this be just a sports obsessed girl who tries to remain private? Maybe. Catfish? Likely. Ole Miss is obsessed with recruiting like no other fanbase.

Someone found the real girl that the Twitter account was pretending to be.

https://twitter.com/robbydonoho/status/576139370425638912

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Kind of a wildcard - should the SAE fratbros be included? Their racist antics made some 4-star recruits to OU de-commit. You could argue that they were punished by "the law" though since the OU president went scorched earth on them.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

seiferguy posted:

Kind of a wildcard - should the SAE fratbros be included? Their racist antics made some 4-star recruits to OU de-commit. You could argue that they were punished by "the law" though since the OU president went scorched earth on them.

I mean yes, but its not like they were athletes. It doesn't have much of anything to do with sports.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

No go on SAE. Zero relation to football outside of some of the players reacting in an awesome way.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
gently caress OU, anyway.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

Agreed. They are right there with Ole Miss in having racism in their name.

Fun fact I just learned: That catfishing account I mentioned earlier was apparently followed by Hugh Freeze. Normally this would be meaningless, but freeze only follows about 150 accounts on Twitter. Apparently some national publications are looking into this. Our scout writer has already released a story: http://mississippistate.scout.com/story/1526883-coming-undone-a-cautionary-tale?s=136

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

They got ethered by Dan Bebee (again). https://twitter.com/DanBeebe/status/576592989650165760

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo :laffo:

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

:thurman:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Dan Beebe is a national treasure

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I don't get it. SOmeone explain please!!!!!!!!!!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ramadu posted:

Dan Beebe was the Big 12 commish when everything went to poo poo. Fake Dan Beebe (who people are talking about here) was on the spot. He's kept things going pretty well even though the real Dan Beebe is...offering consulting services from a blank website or something.

Oh I'm assuming you can put together the SAE OU joke, if not googling that will tell you more than you wanted to know.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Mar 16, 2015

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ramadu posted:

https://youtu.be/RA_CTHZn0Xg

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Oh. OH. I didn't put it together that that frat was at OU. I also forgot it was that cadence. Thanks bros for not judging me not knowing <3

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ramadu posted:

Oh. OH. I didn't put it together that that frat was at OU. I also forgot it was that cadence. Thanks bros for not judging me not knowing <3

Gritty owns.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

The draft is here.

It returns in less than a week.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

The draft is here.

It returns in less than a week.

:toot:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Dang that was fast.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Frank Clark deserves a nomination.

Detroit Free Press posted:

According to Hurt, she and Clark began to argue while lying on the bed in their room at the Maui Sands Resort and Indoor Waterpark. She got angry, threw a TV remote control at him, and he responded by trying to restrain her on the bed. She told Curran that she tried to get loose by biting his nose. Then she said he pushed her head into the bed, they got off the bed and he punched her in the face, knocking her back and breaking a lamp. She stated that she threw an alarm clock at him as he prepared to leave the room.

Her two juvenile brothers offered more graphic accounts to Curran, pinning more blame on Clark. One of the brothers told police that Clark drank at least a fifth of Hennessy. Hurt underwent a portable breath test that measured .000%.

The brothers said they saw Clark hitting their sister and one said Clark had her against a wall, grabbing her by the throat, picking her off the ground and slamming her down.

Hurt's view was different when a sergeant on the scene asked about the red marks on her neck, saying Clark only grabbed her shirt and she fell down to the left side of the bed.

Frank Clark posted:

I don't want to get into too much detail -- the detail, I did get into with NFL teams. But basically what went on, we were in the room. The person involved, you let something basically get out of hand and took something farther than it was planned. You look at a phone nowadays, these phones get a lot of people in trouble. I'm not saying I'm a womanizer or anything of that nature. I'm just saying it was a conversation between me and one my friends, and the woman involved, she took it to another level that it shouldn't have been taken to. That's fine. I'm not throwing her under the bus. I'm not saying she did anything wrong. I'm just saying a lot of things that happened in that room that night could have been avoided.

It's hard because you can say, "Well, I didn't do anything." But at the end of the day, when you look at domestic violence, you don't look at a 270-pound man. You go, "Did she hit him, or did he hit her?" You don't look at it that way. You look at domestic violence, you automatically assume the man had something to do with it. That's usually how the world goes today. That's how society is set up now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Someone needs to tell that guy that "did she hit him first?" hasn't be a question anyone in western society has asked in a few millennia.

That's how patriarchy works, rear end in a top hat.

• Locked thread