Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Oh man. I want a ride in this ridiculous thing too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

doogle posted:

Are you in NC?
South Durham, just north of 40.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

doogle posted:

I got tired of not having a beater and after a 540i wagon deal fell through I ended up buying the cleanest '91 Civic DX hatch I have ever seen. Completely stock except for an aftermarket CD player and antenna (edit: and cut springs... I have some 2" drop lowering springs from the old EF I'm going to swap in). Very little rust around the tail lights. Even has the factory hubcaps. The paint on the roof and hood is pretty lovely, but who cares for $600. The interior is nearly flawless, the driver's side seat bolster is torn and the glovebox tabs broke so it is currently sitting in the trunk. Not bad for 230k miles. Even has AC!

The motor is the same one that was in my '88 EF hatch, a D15b2 which has about 3 horsepower and only 2 injectors (DPFI). I have a rebuilt D16z6 sitting at my friend's shop in plastic and I am tempted to swap that and the short geared trans into it, I could probably do it in about an hour. And that motor probably makes around 120. But right now I averaged 47mpg highway on the drive home.

Holy gently caress, score!

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I can't wait to see the insanity in person!

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Let me know when and where you're going to run the thing, I'd love to see it in person.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Oooh I want to see this.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

iwentdoodie posted:

Do you just want it for drag? Or do you want to do other poo poo with it?

The 240SX isn't a great drag racing platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I want a ride in this thing so bad.

• Locked thread