Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

fyodor posted:

btw Bill Pullman is a shithead.

it should have been Mr. Bill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

it should have been Mr. Bill

oh nooooooooooooo

Disconnecticus
Oct 21, 2012

Wait, like, actual money?

True story - a girl I know used to work at Starbucks, and they used to have to do a sort of patrol to stop the druggies from shooting up in the washroom. Several times they saw someone suspicious looking walk in there, and had someone check it out, and the answer would come back, "It's okay, it's just Randy Quaid"

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

fyodor posted:

I figured since his characters in the movies have no distinguishing characteristics, he was like that in real life too.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Disconnecticus posted:

True story - a girl I know used to work at Starbucks, and they used to have to do a sort of patrol to stop the druggies from shooting up in the washroom. Several times they saw someone suspicious looking walk in there, and had someone check it out, and the answer would come back, "It's okay, it's just Randy Quaid"

Randy Randall Rudy "Randy" Quaid

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Waltzing Along posted:

oh nooooooooooooo

http://www.mrbill.com/

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

fyodor posted:

he was ok in spaceballs

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Gazpacho posted:

he was ok in spaceballs

I see your swarch is as big as mine, but can you handle it?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

you know even if the space shisp exploding dont wreck the earths climate america is hosed anyways because its global hedgemony is completely destroyed

not to mention all the far right militias that will probably try to secceede on july 5th

Lil Bit O Vitriol
Jan 10, 2010

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

you know even if the space shisp exploding dont wreck the earths climate america is hosed anyways because its global hedgemony is completely destroyed

not to mention all the far right militias that will probably try to secceede on july 5th

Didn't the US also nuke itself?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Lil Bit O Vitriol posted:

Didn't the US also nuke itself?

We nuked Texas. Not sure that counts.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

We nuked Texas. Not sure that counts.

Never realized it before but I'm thinking we just about broke even, in this movie.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
All you would be would be dead now if it wasn't for my david! - the biggest Jew that ever Jewed

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

ooo gurl you da first lady? ~ will smiths stripper wife

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH
it's actually a bad movie even though goldblum and hirsch both own bones

the same director hosed up a movie with kurt russell in it too, so basically gently caress every movie roland emmerich has ever made

TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014
"I'm going to be straight with you here stripper wife. The human race is about to be wiped out. We have fifty thousand people left and that's it. Now, if we are even going to survive as a species, then we need to get the hell out of here and we need to start having babies!"- laura "lucky 43rd" roslin

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
where is super mechagodzilla to give us an intensely over analysis of this movie to let us know how this actually foreshadowed 9/11 and the patriot act

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
an unintentionally accurate portrayel of humanities first encounter with aliens: repeatedly punching it in the head as it asks for directions

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Adam Baldwin please take your gun and shoot this product placement to show everyone i haxxed there shields for the win

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
didn't we have this thread earlier this month

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
Is this glass bulletproof?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
no sir

Ghostsauce
Jun 4, 2005

scared you didnt i lmbo
the only mistake I ever made was to appoint a sniveling little weasel like you as secretary of defense!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

doesnt anybody have any missiles?!!!!?

TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014

TryAgainBragg fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jul 26, 2014

Grrr-Krishnakk
Jul 17, 2005

PUPPIES!
I got tone. Eagle twenty, fox two.

TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014
It won't fire!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
why didn't they use nukes on the ships after the shield went down? that would have easily brought the thing down. apparently they thought a hundred or so sidewinders would do the job.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

why didn't they use nukes on the ships after the shield went down? that would have easily brought the thing down. apparently they thought a hundred or so sidewinders would do the job.

shhh the movie needed a cool final battle

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
we know how to beat them, tell the rest of the world
*guy makes phone call on payphone to the pagers of earths remaining leaders*

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
i was like you once op, then i saw mars attacks and realized the error of my ways

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Independence Day UK was p cool as well

think I still have that on tape somewhere

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
"walcomb to arfth *makes long continuous fart noise with mouth and real fart noise w/butt*" willyiam smith iddypennence david, 1996

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

this movie was cool but mostly because of that scene where they call in a B2 to try and nuke the alien saucer over L.A.

that was so cool.

also when the alien plays the scientist like a marionette.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
enough i'm taking this thread down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6y8fc3n-mI

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
poo poo was sick, op

Yivgev posted:

this movie was cool but mostly because of that scene where they call in a B2 to try and nuke the alien saucer over L.A.

that was so cool.

also when the alien plays the scientist like a marionette.

Ah Map
Oct 9, 2012
It was kind of funny when Prezdent Pullman said "This isn't just about America" during his America gently caress Yeah speech.Other than that I don't see why Will Smith kept saying "This is a movie that does not take itself too seriously" in all his promo interviews.I guess it was supposed to be funny when the shtoopid hippies got zapped, and maybe everyone else too?Also bafflingly this is the only movie I have seen at the kinema where the audience burst into spontaneous applause at the end, and I do not think it was because everyone was glad it was over.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Id4 and fifth element are two god tier movies from the 90s

• Locked thread