Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
Dark Side Of The Moon from start to finish never fails to completely gently caress my brain and leave me apathetic towards my own music via negative judgement

so yeah Pink Floyd good band.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

if you dont like sitting alone inj your room doing drugs and listening to music you will never get into pink floyd

I dunno i haven't touched any drugs for 2 years now and i only recently starting loving hard on the floyd

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Ferid posted:

please tell me more about what music i am and am not allowed to listen to at various ages in my life

Right now you are still in the window of being allowed to like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYmlqVWvjiI but not for long. Soon, this will be your only music choice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HfIQnDDL8o

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

facebook jihad posted:

DSotM is actually probably worse. With WYWH, at least the unplayed songs are like over 20 minutes long. The only songs on DSotM that don't get regular radio play are Any Colour You Like and Great Gig in the Sky in my experience, both instrumentals. That's partly why even at my peak of being a Floyd fan I've never owned a copy of DSotM.

The problem there isn't with DSotM, but rather with the fact you subject yourself to rock radio stations

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

facebook jihad posted:

Oh lord, forgive me for listening to conventional music sources in the year 2005

It was more a slight on rock stations than on you though

I mean there's only so many times a day i wanna hear hotel california

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Binge posted:

.....is a stoners dream(or nightmare).

Much like your avatar then!

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

a bone to pick posted:

Did you guys know Gilmour and Mason are working on a new album using songs they worked on with Wright before he passed?

Yeah i think it was mentioned earlier too. "The Endless River".

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

ElGroucho posted:

Every song on Back in Black is goddamn impeccable and anyone who says otherwise should be eaten by a kangaroo

"let me put my love into you" and "shake a leg" aren't as good as the rest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

egon_beeblebrox posted:

True

Also True. Either Way, perfect album. Can't have perfection without some odd songs that make you say "This is less good."

Counterpoint: Dark Side Of The Moon

• Locked thread