Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

Zyla posted:

please pre-fire low ki

Do this. Also, buy the USWA World Title and rename it the Dutch Mantel memorial title.

Questions:

A. Which of these programs should we move forward with?

Alex Shelley vs Colt Cabana

B. Assuming we sign the Young Bucks, who should win the Tag Team titles at the conclusion of the tournament?

The Young Bucks.

C. We have a working agreement with AAA, should we keep it or end it?

Keep it.

D. Are there any companies we should pursue working agreements with?

Chikara, NJPW, and CZW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Which mod are you using that has GFW in it? I kind of want to fire up TEW and #JoinTheForce.

Sourpuss
Mar 18, 2007

Chomb Chomb Chomb
A. Delirious vs UltraMantis Black

B. Bucks

C. Keep

D. ICW NOAH

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
Delirious/UMB
World's Fattest Tag Team
Keep
None

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

JoeRules posted:

Delirious/UMB
World's Fattest Tag Team
Keep
None

Second.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

RZApublican posted:

Which mod are you using that has GFW in it? I kind of want to fire up TEW and #JoinTheForce.

I'm pretty sure it's this one. GFW starts with as a Regional promotion with no roster other than Jeff and Karen Jarrett, E- nationwide popularity, and a million dollars.

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

A. Which of these programs should we move forward with?

Delirious vs UltraMantis Black

B. Assuming we sign the Young Bucks, who should win the Tag Team titles at the conclusion of the tournament?

Young Bucks. If not, Gyro Heroes.

C. We have a working agreement with AAA, should we keep it or end it?

Keep it, leech heat from the luchadors.

D. Are there any companies we should pursue working agreements with?

CHIKARA, Ring of Honor, CZW, and CMLL to make sure we have plenty of luchadors.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

GFW Terror Rising

Wednesday, Week 3, July 2014

Venue: Colorado Springs Auditorium in Colorado Springs, CO.
Attendance: 2,487

Daniels and Kazarian came out for a promo. They discussed how they were going to squash their opponents, Team JO, like bugs.

Rating: D+
Notes:
- The segment lifted the crowd.
- Christopher Daniels debuted his "Franchise Player" gimmick, which has gotten an initial C- rating.
- Frankie Kazarian debuted his "Egomaniac" gimmick, which has gotten an initial C+ rating.
- Christopher Daniels looked good out there.

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Rad Consequence defeated Team JO in 9:34 when Christopher Daniels defeated Low-Ki by pinfall with a Last Rites.

Notes:
- Low-Ki has debuted his "MMA Bad rear end" gimmick, which has gotten an initial C+ rating.
- Nick Dinsmore has debuted his "No Gimmick Needed" gimmick, which has gotten an initial E rating.
- Low-Ki and Nick Dinsmore don't have chemistry as a team, their timing was all over the place.
- Daniels and Kazarian have great chemistry together.
- This segment lifted the crowd.

The match is over, and Team JO are left down. Rad Consequence are celebrating, but then stop and see that their opponents are still on the ground. They attack, and beat both Low-Ki and Dinsmore into the canvas.

Rating: D-

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Chris Sabin defeated D'Lo Brown in 9:43 by pinfall with a Cradle Shock.

Notes:
- Chris Sabin debuted his "fan favorite" gimmick, it has gotten an initial A rating.
- D'Lo Brown debuted his "Egomaniac" gimmick, it has gotten an initial C rating.
- This match lifted the crowd.

Alex Shelley is in the ring with a microphone. He claims that he is so good that he cannot be defeated by anyone, and so he is making an open challenge for any wrestler on the roster to face him in a singles match.

Rating: D
Notes:
- Alex Shelley debuted his "degenerate" gimmick, which has gotten an initial D+ rating.

Alex Shelley is in the ring when Colt Cabana comes out. He says that he accepts the challenge, and will face him in a match.

Notes:
- Colt Cabana debuted his "fun babyface" gimmick, it has gotten an inital A* rating.
- The segment lifted the crowd.

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Black Inc defeated Lethal Powers in 15:12 when M.V.P. defeated Stevie Richards by pinfall with a Running Big Boot.

Rating: D-
Notes:
- Kenny King's Egomaniac gimmick has an initial B rating.
- M.V.P.'s Fav Favorite gimmick has an initial B+ rating.
- Stevie Richard's Cocky gimmick has an initial A rating.
- Jay Lethal's Fan Favorite gimmick has an initial B+ rating.
- Kenny King and M.V.P. have no chemistry working together.
- Jay Lethal and Stevie Richards have extremely good chemistry working together.

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Kevin Steen defeated Ricochet in 19:47 by disqualification. During the match we also had Jeff Jarrett distract Kevin Steen.

Rating: D
Notes:
- Kevin Steen has debuted his Bad rear end gimmick, which has gotten an initial B- rating.
- Ricochet's Fan Favorite gimmick has gotten an A* rating.
- The match was too long for the crowd to keep up.
- Road Agent Mikey Whipwreck did not put the match together well.

Overall Show Notes:

- Ricochet was used far too much.
- GFW does not have enough interesting storylines going.

Overall Show Rating: D-

GFW News from WrasslePlace.com:
- Sources close to the situation tell us GFW has signed Matt Jackson, Matt Sydal, Jayson Paul (the former JTG), and Nigel McGuinness. Nick Jackson will probably be signed within the next few days.
- GFW has purchased the NWA World Heavyweight Title for $55,000 and awarded it to Jeff Jarrett. Many in the company question the financial decision to purchase an older title that has been worthless for many years.
- GFW has made working agreement offers to Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro Wrestling. We have yet to hear back on the situation, but those in power on both sides are optimistic.
- GFW is in need of another referee and our sources have told us they are interested in signing former WWE referee Jimmy Korderas.
- Rumor: GFW to be sabotaged by TNA? We have heard from a few people within TNA that Dixie Carter is unhappy that Jarrett has left TNA to create GFW, and they may be interested in sabotaging GFW so it does not grow beyond where it is now.

Other Industry News:

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 27, 2014

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Why is Mikey Whipwreck agenting our main event? :psyduck:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

good poo poo OP

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
GFW News Update:

- Ring of Honor has accepted our working agreement.
- New Japan Pro Wrestling has accepted our working agreement.
- Nick Jackson cannot be signed as a result of our agreement with New Japan Pro Wrestling.

Questions:

- Keep New Japan Pro Wrestling agreement or try to hire Nick Jackson?
- If we decide to skip Nick Jackson, what do we do with Matt Jackson?

Other Industry News:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

Questions:

Keep the agreement, we can talent trade for Nick if we want a special attraction match with both Bucks
Inaugural GFW Intercontinental Champion

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

Daniel Bryan posted:

GFW News Update:

- Ring of Honor has accepted our working agreement.
- New Japan Pro Wrestling has accepted our working agreement.
- Nick Jackson cannot be signed as a result of our agreement with New Japan Pro Wrestling.

Questions:

Other Industry News:

Dude, keep NJPW's working agreement.

Make Matt Jackson a referee, and make a storyline about it where he's a corrupt ref that becomes a wrestler later.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
keep the NJPW agreement and debut Matt as Greg Jackson, obnoxious heel manager. Go get some fans, Rico-shayyy

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

NJPW is more valuable than the Young Bucks. Hire the Briscoes instead.

Matt Johnson loses the GFW Inaugural Loser Goes Homu cage match against Jeff Jarrett in a 5-minute squash. Think of the rub he'll get from wrestling the NWA World Heavyweight Champion!

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Quick Industry News Update:

- He is expected to be out for a period of 1 year, 3 weeks with this injury.

WWE ran Money in the Bank 2014 last night. They are doing well right now EVEN THOUGH THIS LOOKS LIKE A TERRIBLE CARD:

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 27, 2014

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sign Malachi Jackson to replace Nick

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

oatgan posted:

sign Ezekiel Jackson to replace Nick

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Make the Jacksons the new Dudleys and get every Jackson worker you can find.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I Before E posted:

sign Ezekiel Jackson to replace Jeff Jarrett

Also assuming I'm getting this right, WWE gave the vacated title to Mark Henry, to have him drop it in his first PPV defence against RVD :vince:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Also assuming I'm getting this right, WWE gave the vacated title to Mark Henry, to have him drop it in his first PPV defence against RVD :vince:

No, no, Henry and RVD wrestled for the vacant title.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

holy poo poo that money in the bank card is hilarious

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Renaissance Spam posted:

Do this but tell Matt to bulk up as much as possible and sign Brother Devon and make him their manager

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Renaissance Spam posted:

Paging Big Zeke, paging Big Zeke.

Psychlone
Sep 3, 2004

It's never straight up and down!

Renaissance Spam posted:

Give them a Jackson 5 gimmick, make them dancing R&B singers, but have them fight with each other all the time!

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
Keep the NJ agreement, and

Renaissance Spam posted:

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
TEW threads have taught me the greatest idea we can possibly have is to put the belt on John Morrison

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

If Rob Van Dam can be the WWE champion, JoMo can be a GFW champion.

Sourpuss
Mar 18, 2007

Chomb Chomb Chomb

oatgan posted:

sign Malachi Jackson to replace Nick

Yes this

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

GFW Terror Rising

Wednesday, Week 4, July 2014

Venue: Ralph Engastad Arena
Attendance: 2,336

:siren: LOCKER ROOM INCIDENT :siren:

Match #1
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Alex Shelley defeated Colt Cabana in 10:10 by pinfall with an Underarm Snap STO.

Rating: C-
Notes:
- This match lifted the crowd.
- Both competitors looked good out there.

Match #2
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Jay Lethal defeated D'Lo Brown in 11:52 by pinfall with a Lethal Combination.

Notes:
-Mikey Whipwreck did a poor job of putting this match together.

Match #3
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Gyro Heroes defeated Rad Consequence in 20:12 when Chris Hero defeated Christopher Daniels by pinfall with an Emerald Elbow. Gyro Heroes win the GFW Tag Team titles.

Notes:
- Chris Hero's Hero gimmick debuted with an A rating.
- Matt Hardy's Degenerate gimmick debuted with a D- rating.
- Daniels looked good out there.

Match #4
In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Jeff Jarrett defeated Low-Ki in 20:14 by pinfall with the Stroke. During the match we also had Kevin Steen distract Jarrett. Jarrett retains the GFW Heavyweight Title. Jarrett retains the NWA World Heavyweight Title.

Notes:
- Karen Jarrett did great managerial work ringside.

Overall Rating: C-
Notes:
- This show increased our popularity in one region.

GFW news from Wrasslescoop.com
- The reason the tag titles were put on the Gyro Heroes and the tournament being scrapped is due to the failure to sign Nick Jackson. The feeling was that management saw the New Japan deal as much more important than the signing of Jackson in the long run.
- Low-Ki is frowned upon by many in the company. Many are hoping he'll make a quick exit from the company sooner rather than later.
- Many in the company feel they need to have Kevin Steen put on a good performance soon to show he is ready to be world champion, as that seems to be where the company is headed.
- The feeling in the company is that they should make better use of TNA's talent. TNA talents only sign non-exclusive agreements and can therefore work in multiple companies at once.

Other Industry News:

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 29, 2014

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Please get a new road agent who's not Mikey "Psychology: E" Whipwreck.

TNA talent we can sign to a PPA deal, you say? I think Jeff Jarrett is missing his best friend.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jul 29, 2014

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Wait, how did Low Ki defeat Jeff Jarrett, but Jarrett still retained both his titles?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

I Before E posted:

Wait, how did Low Ki defeat Jeff Jarrett, but Jarrett still retained both his titles?

That happens when I copy the wrong thing lmao

Luigi Thirty posted:

Please get a new road agent who's not Mikey "Psychology: E" Whipwreck.
I'll whip up a list of potential replacements and you guys can help me decide. The pickings are slim.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Around October game time are you going to edit the game and cancel TNA's tv contract?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Daniel Bryan posted:

I'll whip up a list of potential replacements and you guys can help me decide. The pickings are slim.

It might not be worth it to pay to bring in someone from the outside, any worker we have can double as an agent if we happen to employ someone who's literally Jake the Snake. You could pay Jeff Jarrett $3,000 a night to agent and it would be better than Mikey Whipwreck. We probably already have people good enough for a crappy indie promotion running on a shoestring budget.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jul 29, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Jack Anderson posted:

Around October game time are you going to edit the game and cancel TNA's tv contract?

Good question. I'll ask when that happens.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
GFW News Update:

- We have signed Tommy Dreamer. He will work as a Road Agent for us, but can also do angles if necessary.

Other Industry News:

Questions:

A. Should we hire Bobby Lashley?

- He is available and willing to listen to offers.

B. We need storylines.

- We have two storylines going, Steen vs Jarrett and Cabana vs Shelley.
- What should the tag title program be?

C. Should we try and takeover KSW?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Daniel Bryan posted:

Questions:

- He is available and willing to listen to offers.

B. We need storylines.

- We have two storylines going, Steen vs Jarrett and Cabana vs Shelley.

A. Is he not employed by TNA? If not then yeah I guess.

B. The Lone Jackson Brother vs. Bobby Lashley. Tag Feud Fat Dudes vs. Team Stevie Richards.

C. Sure why not, #JoinTheForce

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

Questions:

Yes, but use him as a gatekeeper for our future main eventers.

B. We need storylines.
The Lethal Powers win the tag team titles and feud with a non-Rad Consequences team that has non-terrible chemistry. That could mean making a new team or testing out another of the ones we've created.

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Yes, he's a good wrestleman.

B. We need storylines.

Jay Lethal vs Brother Devon
Ultramantis Black vs Delirious

Team Fat vs someone. What teams do we have and what are their alignments?

#JoinTheForce

• Locked thread