Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
It seems like things have changed a lot there since the good old days of S.S.
:nws::nws::nws::nws:http://i.imgur.com/CrdE5a9.png :nws::nws::nws::nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
you just want people to find as much of that stuff as possible so you can look at it and pretend you're mocking it

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Wowbagger2004 posted:

you just want people to find as much of that stuff as possible so you can look at it and pretend you're mocking it

I can do that by myself!

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH
w-hat got hosed over by linden lab and pretty much doesn't exist anymore and all petey did was document stuff w-hat found or did

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

ill sign the petition

Khorne
May 1, 2002
second life is the bitcoin of a decade ago, don't resurrect the dead gramps

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
i dun think goons play this anymore since they lost their region idk maybe theyre hanging out with the 4channers.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Box of Trial posted:

w-hat got hosed over by linden lab and pretty much doesn't exist anymore and all petey did was document stuff w-hat found or did

What happened

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

tumblr should buy out linden labs and integrate oculus imo

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Almost everyone got bored after a while and stopped playing, the few remaining active group members eventually had so many abuse reports filed against them that the w-hat land/group owner got banned by proxy and the land got abandoned. The end.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 53 minutes!
secondlife seemed so hosed up so many years ago that I can't imagine what sort of horrors exist now

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Justin Tyme posted:

secondlife seemed so hosed up so many years ago that I can't imagine what sort of horrors exist now

it's nothing compared to Worlds.com which started back in 1996.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

The Taint Reaper posted:

it's nothing compared to Worlds.com which started back in 1996.

Worlds.com started back in '96 and get this, it never changed. You can go to Worlds right now and it will be exactly the same as it was nearly 20 years ago, with the same people and avatars and rooms. It's like a goddamned time capsule, and it's eerie.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Linden went through a family friendly phase where they barred access to adult areas and hired community monitors to censor offensive content, this throttled the development of the fetish community and even though they rolled these things back the effects are still there

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Justin Tyme posted:

Bronies and cuck fantasies o/c

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

I remember a blog years where some guy went around some really old online place that was still around and everything was loving strange and a bunch of weird people were on it. maybe that world.com place mentioned above.

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/user/charliezzz

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Megadyptes posted:

I remember a blog years where some guy went around some really old online place that was still around and everything was loving strange and a bunch of weird people were on it. maybe that world.com place mentioned above.

Vinny from Vinesauce has a bunch of YouTube vids where he went to Worlds.com and even Second Life and just hung out with people there and streamed. In Second Life he did a take-off of Ralph Pootawn called "Ralph Bluetawn", and he'd act really dense and ask stupid questions in voice chat, trying to get reactions out of people.

Here we go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cQIXeYapKw

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The only worthwhile thing that ever came of Secondlife Safari was making a crazy fat woman who gave up a UN career to yammer about Second Life very very angry.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Quickscope420dad posted:

It seems like things have changed a lot there since the good old days of S.S.
:nws::nws::nws::nws:http://i.imgur.com/CrdE5a9.png :nws::nws::nws::nws:

Do it yourself lazy bones.

Weekend web was great too.

All that content was produced by goons I think though so get to it if you want it. I'd be down for some weekend web but drat I work a lot and when I get home all I wanna do is shitpost smoke weed and play A Song of Ice and Fire starcraft

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

Vinny from Vinesauce has a bunch of YouTube vids where he went to Worlds.com and even Second Life and just hung out with people there and streamed. In Second Life he did a take-off of Ralph Pootawn called "Ralph Bluetawn", and he'd act really dense and ask stupid questions in voice chat, trying to get reactions out of people.

Here we go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cQIXeYapKw

whoa - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqel0k0NzNU

Depressing Drawers
Dec 17, 2004
UR ALREADY DED
I can't believe secondlife still actually exists / people still "play" it

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

what the gently caress

that poo poo is creepy

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Gazpacho posted:

Bronies and cuck fantasies o/c

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
what those screenshots don't capture is the pony-themed muzak playing those areas that has lyrics in brony fan lingo

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
don't resurrect the dead on planet jupiter plz. No one plays this poo poo anymore. No goons at least. Our anime little girl leader is even gone and masa was an much a part of sl as ... like .... neutrons are to rl.

What happened to masa's scripts when he got banned btw? As I understand it they were tied to the account, and everyone was still using that poo poo last I remember.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
also petey has disappeared so far up his arse with internet activism that i doubt he could write funny narration again :smugbert:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Gazpacho posted:

also petey has disappeared so far up his arse with internet activism that i doubt he could write funny narration again :smugbert:

lol

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

So you can go into Secondlife and pretend to be a horny pony, but not a horny pony that fucks other people pretending to be horny ponies, a horny pony that has to buy a pony Fleshlight online?

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

requesting the picture of the 2 people cyber loving each other while a little green dude watches and they say"please go away" and the little green dude goes "no"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Trixie Hardcore posted:

So you can go into Secondlife and pretend to be a horny pony, but not a horny pony that fucks other people pretending to be horny ponies, a horny pony that has to buy a pony Fleshlight online?

yeah I also don't understand why you'd be getting a fleshlight

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

yeah I also don't understand why you'd be getting a fleshlight

because they are to pathetic to get laid in this life or the second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Trixie Hardcore posted:

i selected the most work-safe product image before making the screenshot, the other products around it are pony-on-pony sex poses

• Locked thread