Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Das Boo posted:

Wonderwoman's outfit is dumb, but so is Wonderwoman.
Seriously, her comics suck.

your just sad you never mad batman scared of bees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

ladyboy pancake posted:

seriously just lock up anyone who puts the word "dark" into their treatment for any superhero movie.

shoot anyone who thinks major superheroes are something you can take infinitely seriously

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

this film is going to be total loving garbage hth

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Effectronica posted:

god, yet another superhero movie with a stick up its rear end, judging by the lack of american flag colors

Wonder Woman isn't American though.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

your just sad you never mad batman scared of bees

That's besides the point!

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
"Costumes colors should be darker" locked away forever

"tone of the movie should be darker" locked away for ever

"I'd like to explore the darker side this character" buried goddamn alive.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I hope she transforms into her armor by spinning around like lynda

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Arrow is bad and how seriously it takes itself is a huge part of the problem with that show.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Quantum of Phallus posted:

this film is going to be total loving garbage hth

sure. But the costume ain't that bad. She looks like a Greek warrior. Ya know, an amazon.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Effectronica posted:

shoot anyone who thinks major superheroes are something you can take infinitely seriously

Twenty years from now we'll get dark re-imaginings of Adventure Time because people get real mad if you don't take childhood poo poo seriously as an adult.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
the tru sexism is that we got boobplates and poo poo for women in movies, but when are we gonna get dick+ball plates for guys? and im' not talking codpieces where it's just a dome over the dong, im talking armor that is perfectly molded to the bros dick. poo poo would own hard

it would probs have to be able to transform for when the guy gets a chubby tho

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Dolphin posted:

i thought the whole "give the women skimpy boob armor" thing died in the 2000's, it's annoying enough in videogames. that poo poo would rupture her sternum if she tripped, and her vagina isn't even covered. and loving heels? cool sex object for teenage boys bro. like i don't need realism or anything, but if you're going to try to act like she needs armor then give her some damned armor, otherwise just give her a skirt and some flats. drat.

i don't even know anything about the bitch, but that poo poo's wack.

go back to tumblr

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Falsum posted:

Arrow is bad and how seriously it takes itself is a huge part of the problem with that show.

Arrow is like the definition of a "guilty pleasure" show.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
12 Palestinian children were killed in the making of that armor

Worth it.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Crow_Rodeo posted:

Wonder Woman isn't American though.

that really, really shouldn't be a big part about costume design, because a) there are more interesting things to communicate than nationality and b) it's usually on the verge of racism when you do make nationality a thing in costumes

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

John Kruk posted:

I am boycotting Israel currently so I can't watch that movie.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

it's a dude

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Looking forward to the 20 page comic book forum thread where men argue un-ironically about what women should and shouldn't be allowed to wear to be taken seriously in comic book movies.

Also LONG LIVE ISRAEL!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Do you idiots know that Greece is an ocean away from Israel?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

powerful trolling

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

Then I guess she won't need to get air clearance to bomb the Palestinians in her invisible jet.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Wonder Woman has a theme she doesn't follow up on. They just kinda dogpile powers on her like Superman, but alien covers a lot more ground than magical girl Amazon princess.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Effectronica posted:

powerful trolling

aint that powerful. I'm not mad, just disappointed

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
wonder woman needs to be goofier than batman, superman, or spiderman to be any good so it's another sign of how bad this movie is going to be that we've got the serious armor and the serious metal gear rising: revengeance sword

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Wait.
Wonder Woman is Sailor Moon.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
If Diana Prince doesn't spin around to get her costume I'll be sad.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Das Boo posted:

Wonder Woman has a theme she doesn't follow up on. They just kinda dogpile powers on her like Superman, but alien covers a lot more ground than magical girl Amazon princess.

the original concept behind wonder woman is that she's jesus and has come to lead the world to the true path of matriarchy. ignoring the second half of that, almost all of her goofy powers come from her being a better kind of human from a better society. psychic powers, superstrength, superspeed, super technology. then the second half is what flavors her weakness and villains and supporting cast

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Das Boo posted:

Wait.
Wonder Woman is Sailor Moon.

Did sailor moon get tied up alot?

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Das Boo posted:

Is that theme bondage? I mean she carries a rope every goddamn place.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Effectronica posted:

you'd think someone with the strength of hercules, wisdom of athena, speed of hermes, senses of artemis, amazon psychic powers, invincible bracelets, knowledge of every language, sailor moon boomerang tiara, an invisible jet, and an unbreakable lasso wouldn't really need armor, or a sword

Girls like to accessorize.

But serioustalk, this isn't a comic book, it's a Zack Snyder movie and the Wonder Woman aesthetic is completely consistent with his previous and well-known visual style.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Binary Logic posted:

But serioustalk, this isn't a comic book, it's a Zack Snyder movie and the Wonder Woman aesthetic is completely consistent with his previous and well-known visual style.

serioustalk, wonder woman is either preachy or stupid when taken seriously so she needs to be lighthearted and campy to be any good so maybe snyder's visual style is completely unsuited to this

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

ladyboy pancake posted:

seriously just lock up anyone who puts the word "dark" into their treatment for any superhero movie.

it worked for batman and now everyone is doing that tired poo poo

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

Did sailor moon get tied up alot?

Holy gently caress, yes.
She even has a spinning transformation sequence, magical tiara and no one recogizes her if she wears skimpy clothes.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Hobohemian posted:

I bet you think about your mother when you masturbate.

Pls don't kinkshame in this thread tia

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Effectronica posted:

serioustalk, wonder woman is either preachy or stupid when taken seriously so she needs to be lighthearted and campy to be any good so maybe snyder's visual style is completely unsuited to this

she killed Max Lord that one time

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

she killed Max Lord that one time

yes, infinite crisis is a big ball of references, stupidity, and the author monologuing

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Hobohemian posted:

Is that theme bondage? I mean she carries a rope every goddamn place.

Actually, yeah. IIRC, her creator was a BDSM fetishist.
And also she has an invisible jet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Binary Logic posted:

of poo poo.

• Locked thread