Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

Family Guy was funny in 1999 when I was 16

This but when I was 11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Savington posted:

OP, this is not an appropriate use of the "humor" thread tag

Humor is dead.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
man getting hit by football and boo-urns are classic simpsons moments. matt groening is a bitch

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
simpsons went downhill after the episode of homer and lisa going to the egyptian museum thing. that is when the show stopped being super good. ur welcome.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I liked when stewie starts dressing like bart, that's cute and I enjoyed it.

tranime scholar posted:

man getting hit by football and boo-urns are classic simpsons moments. matt groening is a bitch

Honestly in all the dvd commentaries any time he talks it's such a joyless loving occurance, you have all the awesome writers and actors telling great stories, then matt says some poo poo and it's awful like 'er I hated that great idea and I fought against it'. he really comes off like a bitter rear end in a top hat bastard that got lucky talented people made his crap a success and he knows it

Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?
the simpsons is a bit like a prolapsed anus

it smells like something dead and you just want it to stop slapping you in the face

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Justin Tyme posted:

this is gonna be even worse than imaginable

Jean asked for some minor tweaks but, other than that, he was fine with what the Family Guy writers came up with.

The episode, in which the Griffins visit Springfield and interact with the Simpsons, was written entirely by Family Guy’s writing staff

“We said, ‘Can you cut just one rape joke?’” Jean recalled, straight-faced. “They said, ‘No,’ and we said, ‘OK.’”

I can't wait to see the Simpsons sink even lower by adding family guy humor.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i hope the episode ends with everyone dying

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Don't forget Quagmire raped Marge and she liked it in some other Seth show.

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

I can't pin it down either. 2003 maybe. I think I liked it longer than it deserved

Maybe about the time they started doing weird retcons like making Principle Skinner having a stolen identity of some other dude.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
the Arman Tamzarian episode at least made Skinner somewhat of an interesting character instead of a perpetually whipped momma's boy. They should have made it a permanent thing, imo.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

who loving cares?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
will the episode also be lego?

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Copley Depot posted:

the Arman Tamzarian episode at least made Skinner somewhat of an interesting character instead of a perpetually whipped momma's boy. They should have made it a permanent thing, imo.

The commentary for that episode is great because is mostly the staff apologizing

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

so... is this a simpsons episode with family guy in it or a family guy episode with the simpsons in it?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Xachariah posted:

so... is this a simpsons episode with family guy in it or a family guy episode with the simpsons in it?

hopefully its the series finally for both and the characters just apologize to america for an hour straight. Or maggie and stewie get their bone on and we end up with baby guy replacing family guy.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Of course Family Guy can't help but include tasteless rape jokes and graphic violence.

I gotta admit that the Bob and Cleveland joke and Peter trying to get Homer to set up a cutaway joke were kind of funny.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
What really happened to Lacy Chabert?

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Peter griffin: hi im petter griffin, you must be homer simpson

homer: yes, im homer

peter griffin: do you like beer?

home: I LOVE beer... but I promised marge I couldn't drink (Evil devil homor appears on his shoulder and says "drink the beer homer" while dancing)

peter griffin: commmmmeeeee on, she won't find out about it. it reminds me of the time I also lied to Louis

*flash back*

Peter griffin: oh no, I can't tell Louis I got this fantasy chimera for a pet!!!

*chimera bumps into the kitchen table and makes a loud crash*

Lous (Offscreen) : PETTER WhAT HAPPANED!?

Peter : Nothing, Louis! *Tries to shove chimera in the oven to hide it

~ fin

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
are you saying this dude gave you the chocolate pains?

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

jeez honestly the whole "matt groening/seth mcfarlane raped my childhood" is at least as annoying as "george lucas raped my childhood."

Yeah the simpsons and family guy aren't as novel and original anymore, who loving cares though? You don't have to watch it and in fact a lot of you guys would probably improve your mental health by not willfully taking part in things that seemingly cause you intense anger

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Xachariah posted:

jeez honestly the whole "matt groening/seth mcfarlane raped my childhood" is at least as annoying as "george lucas raped my childhood."

Yeah the simpsons and family guy aren't as novel and original anymore, who loving cares though? You don't have to watch it and in fact a lot of you guys would probably improve your mental health by not willfully taking part in things that seemingly cause you intense anger

you sound like a boring person.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

dontcareaboutname posted:

you sound like a boring person.

yeah? ok?

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Xachariah posted:

Matt Groening is just George Lucas with slightly longer hair

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
I think The Simpsons really hit its stride in the fifteenth season:

quote:

"The Regina Monologues" is the fourth episode of The Simpsons' fifteenth season, and originally aired November 23, 2003 in the United States. It was written by John Swartzwelder, and directed by Mark Kirkland. The episode sees the Simpson family travel to England on holiday. There, they meet several celebrities including Tony Blair, Evan Marriott, Ian McKellen and J. K. Rowling, who all appear as themselves. Meanwhile Abraham Simpson journeys to find Edwina, his long lost love, who is voiced by Jane Leeves.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Deeters posted:

Matt Groening is just George Lucas with slightly longer hair

whoa you're right, uncanny

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i like

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Wicker Man posted:

Don't forget Quagmire raped Marge and she liked it in some other Seth show.
I didn't really believe it at first but this was an actual thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA_OqFm5mWo

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

It's being written by the family guy writers and there's more than a few rape jokes so it's probably going to be more of this.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
and it was the last nut the animated world did bust

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO

big duck equals goose posted:

Peter griffin: hi im petter griffin, you must be homer simpson

homer: yes, im homer

peter griffin: do you like beer?

home: I LOVE beer... but I promised marge I couldn't drink (Evil devil homor appears on his shoulder and says "drink the beer homer" while dancing)

peter griffin: commmmmeeeee on, she won't find out about it. it reminds me of the time I also lied to Louis

*flash back*

Peter griffin: oh no, I can't tell Louis I got this fantasy chimera for a pet!!!

*chimera bumps into the kitchen table and makes a loud crash*

Lous (Offscreen) : PETTER WhAT HAPPANED!?

Peter : Nothing, Louis! *Tries to shove chimera in the oven to hide it

~ fin

This is literally the plot to the episode. Peter and Homer fight over their brands of beer in a long winded "chicken fight".

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
bart molests stewie

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
stewie molests bart

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

Holy poo poo - this rules

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Robert's Hamburgers

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
They need to loving cancel Simpsons and Family Guy so we can get more quality programming like Two Broke Girls

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
pete and homo rub tits

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
meg gets bart pregnant with his own brother.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Adam West appears to do something wacky and Nelson laughs at him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The Simpsons is pretty much just blandly inoffensive now. Not great, couple of good jokes each show.

It's gonna go on forever though. The only thing that could kill it now is the cast finally deciding to hang it up.

• Locked thread