Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Part of Everything
Feb 1, 2005

He clenched his teeh and walked out of the study
This week I noticed that the right side of my cat's bottom lip was drooping, and when I finally got a look in her mouth I saw that there was a flap of tissue that stuck up in front of her bottom fang on that side, so I took her to the vet this morning. He looked and said that her top fang is rubbing against that part of her bottom lip more than it is on the other side, so the area has thickened up. He's a good vet who I trust who has been very accurate with past diagnoses, but the fact that I just noticed this and also that I've never seen this before makes me worry. Is that something that can normally happen to cats, on just one side of the mouth? Her medical record says she had a "benign lump" of tissue removed from her mouth before I adopted her, so any mouth anomalies are worrisome.

She is 8 years old and is having no trouble eating or any other indication of discomfort. I tried to get photos.

In the first one you can see the droop on the right side. In the second you can see the flap of tissue that covers her bottom fang. When her mouth is fully closed her top fang is over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Spider
Nov 9, 2012

That could potentially be what we clinically describe as a "fat pussy lip".

Crooked Booty
Apr 2, 2009
arrr
How long have you had your cat, and when was the "benign lump" removed?

Part of Everything
Feb 1, 2005

He clenched his teeh and walked out of the study
I've had her for 6 years. She had the surgery when she was 3 while at a foster home.

• Locked thread