Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

THE CAST OF PLAYERS

iceyman fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Sep 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

THE NPC LIST

Lake Silver

Andy Burris (son of camp counselor, drives supply truck, smuggles things for Cassandra)
Bellabeth Doughty (life fell apart, recently broke up, lost her job, spills life's story to everyone)
Brad Silver (athletic, hot, trailer park poor, goes to Amber's school, smokes)
Becky Chambers (goes to Amber's school, previously got into a fight with Amber)
Becky Williams (athletic, swimmer, generally upbeat, constantly complains about the lack of starbucks, sister of Glen)
Carla Lopez (goes to Eva's school, smart, captain of debate team, Eva's friend)
Colin Drescher (skinny delicate pretty boy, has a condition, be gentle!)
Dakota Ewing (huge civil war nerd, neck-beard, stinks, knows lots of useless trivia)
Emily Farroe (huge jesus freak, huge tattle-tale, killer of all buzz)
Glen Williams (bf of Vanessa, ugly lip piercing, brother of Becky)
Harold Lorenz (calls himself Hawkeye, huge nerd, love archery go fig)
Jacob Warrens (likes model airplanes, has never heard of the internet, pretty sure is a robot)
Karl Monroe (a white dude with dreds, rear end in a top hat but you knew that already, says he smokes a lot of pot)
Kip Weaver (Amber gave him a tarot reading, gullible as hell)
Kristy Sanchez (volunteers at food bank and pet shelter, upper middle-class, feels she's qualified to counsel despite being another teen, puts herself a step higher than other campers)
Lydia Kelfier (cute freckle-faced, sorta friends with Robin, loving cray-cray, rumored to have robbed a liquor store)
Mara Colbert (goes to Jonah's school, punk, makes lewd comments, kinda mean to Jonah)
Marcus Washington (good at chemistry, sent to jesus camp because he said that god is dead at church)
Marion Florentine Pittsworth (trys her hardest, ambitious, plays the good girl act, secretly wants to party)
Michael Jason Myers-Voorhees (introvert, never speaks, afraid of the water, likes knives)
Nick Richardson (not related to Richard, actually believes all this jesus stuff)
Richard Richardson (son of mega rich Richard Anderson who changed his son's last name to Richardson for ego sake, accidentally sent to the wrong camp)
Rob Briscoe (Atash's "friend", annoying, talks your ear off, doesn't understand that you hate him)
Niesha Goldberg (sister of Rosa, currently quarantined due to a bad case of the mumps)
Rosa Goldberg (sister of Niesha, from a very hippy family, very into ~natural~ remedies, gets sick a lot)
Sandra Rochman (likes bugs, kinda weird, babbles incoherently when excited)
Sally Silver (somewhat shy, wait has anyone seen her around?)
Steven Jade (goes to Eva's school, fancied by the original flavor Eva who thought he was "smart and nice")
Travis Pereira (BMX biker, sponsored by Metal Mullisha, wonders who stole his hat, steals other people's poo poo in retribution)
Trey Bean (soccer fiend, took French and now regrets it with every inch of his being)
Wilma Stewart (friendly, good personality, unfortunate name)
Vanessa Perry (gf of Glen, had falling out with Natalie, accused Natalie of stealing her bf)
Yeltis Theoden (foreign kid from that strange land, called Atash pretty, pretty much a huge jerk face says Atash)

Mr. Anderson (one of the CAMP heads, no one is quite sure why he works there because all he ever does it yell at kids, older guy, no one knows his first name)
Old Man Beck (some local old dude?, NOT a camp counselor, ALWAYS fishing in Lake Silver, ignores rude people)
Eric Burris (middle-aged camp counselor, dad of Andy, kind of a dick to son, teaches wood working)
Donny Green (young hippie camp counselor, generally helpful and nice, likes to sleep in the woods instead of a cabin)
Pastor Bill Harris (young camp counselor, religious but laid back, definite hottie, might be in the know with the supernatural)
Joel Harker (middle-aged camp counselor, capital-B Believer, probably gay and repressed, caught Amber doing tarot)
Lance Harp (young volunteer life guard, college student, great swimmer, abs that you can wash laundry on, possibly married)
Redd Harrington (middle aged camp counselor, one of the CAMP heads, married to Retta, nothing special here)
Retta Harrington (middle aged camp counselor, married to Redd, plays guitar and leads music sing-a-longs, has no idea who any modern music artist is)
Mary Jenkins (young camp counselor, bossy, spends lots of free time playing games on her DS)
Danny LLoyd (young camp counselor, works summers between college, makes friends with older teens easily with game of thrones jokes, repeats the same joke ad naseum though).
Johnny Lockhart (middle aged chef, cool-rear end guy, watches game shows on his B/W TV while he serves campers and shouts the answers, lets volunteers chill in kitchen)
Theodore Marcus Killian (middle-aged very excited camp counselor, totes hip to you young kids, super positive in a life affirming bullshit way)
Petunia Mabel (camp counselor, super ooold, super strict, been with CAMP since the beginning)
James Marshall (camp medic, middle-aged, former military, kicked out due to drug addiction)
Margaret MacDonald (camp grounds keeper, really wanted to be a park ranger but barred from federal employment, maybe a member of the weathermen)
Roger McDowell (sheriff for 32 years and counting, might even die in the job at this rate, has a confederate flag above his desk)
Marty Middleton (sheriff's deputy, somewhat of a loose cannon, when not getting the job done he seems to spend way too much time investigating stuff in the woods)
Aaron Newberry (that other lifeguard, young, college drop out, has long hair, usually damp and kind of gross, attractive except for the hair)
Nixon Poole (middle-aged camp counselor, phys ed guy, very loud, treats sports as military boot camp)
Liz Rynson (camp counselor, young psych grad student, scary older protective sister to one of Robin's victims)
Gale Walden (resident nurse, middle-aged, smokes like a chimney, will get to you in a minute)
Darren Williams (junoir sheriff's deputy, really into Criminal Minds and CSI, always wanted to be a cop, power-hungry)
Theresa Willfellow (state park ranger, a local member of the green party, also believes that aliens created the white house and pyramids)

Elsewhere

Dolly N/A (Atash's former? gf, it's complicated, disappeared...)
Henry Jackson (Atash's friend from back home, responsible guy, off to college now)
Zoey Hiessenberg (Atash's best friend back home, goth-girl, dying of cancer)
Vibhishana Bahadur (Atash's father)
Glen York (Natalie's dad, divorced)
Simone (Cassandra's personal maid back home)
Nick Morris (Rachel's younger brother, started monster hunting training, age 7)
Anthony Morris (Rachel's youngest brother, age 3)

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

NEW SCENE

It’s the middle of your second week at CAMP. Your thus far experience has been yeah uhhh something to say the least. The heat is sweltering. The humidity is smothering. And the bugs are legion. On top of that, you have had to contend with crap food (grits grits grits! Every morning!), half a bar of cell reception (your message could not be sent at this time...), and mandatory organized group “fun” (we’ve got a super swell kickball tournament setup for you guys!). Look, you’ve survived this long. Are ten more weeks really going to kill you?

So this morning is like any other. You’ve awoken to that unwelcomed ear splitting bugle ditty. That’s not going to get old anytime soon. With bleary eyes and caked in the grime of last night’s sleep sweat, you’ve scarfed down a super cheap excuse for breakfast. And now, you’re gathered here under the Oak Leaf Pavilion. It’s an expansive wood roof on top of a concrete slab with a cluster of picnic tables. It’s nothing special, just a simple open air rotunda.

This is your daily assembly and sunrise prayer meeting. You meet here every day where administrative announcements are made, mail is distributed, and you have some enforced quiet time to commune with the Almighty, all before the toil and trouble of the day begins. Counselor Theodore (or T-Dog as he prefers you call him) is in charge of your group here. Oh he’s super excited and pumped for today, because like why not? He’s rattling off the rest of the week’s schedule along with the lunch and dinner menu. Yum! Don’t forget to smile for the Lord!

Helping the T-Dog out is Counselor Retta. poo poo. She has her guitar with her. You might have to sing. For now, she’s passing out a few letters and such from home. And then helping her out is “doesn’t care nearly that much” Counselor Liz. She’s here for the paycheck and community service hours required by her scholarship. Liz is silently reading her book in a totally supportive and assisting manner.

Amber
Man, that’s so annoying that you totally got busted for the thing you did last night. What was that again? Who caught you? What was your punishment? Just bad luck I guess. Any plans to change it?

Atash
What was Rob going on about last night? He was extra annoying, so much so that you ~spent the night~ with someone else. Who was it? And oooh, what happened? Don’t spare us any details! Are they here this morning?

Natalie
Hey girl, what’s the 411 on the down low party scene? Any peeps on those deets? Surely someone was all blah blah to such and such yesterday. You’re totes invited, right? Who else is? Ah, but poo poo. There’s that one key ingredient missing. What is it?

Jonah
OMG, I totes heard you got into a big little kerfuffle yesterday! I find it hard to believe since you’re such a loving white hat goody good. But people are talking (or making up) poo poo about it. What are they saying? What REALLY happened? Are you okay?

Robin
You’ve mail! It’s a letter or package...from home? Does that sound right? What is it? Oh and how are you going to respond to your best friend? Lydia asked you to do something and she was sooo nice about. What was it? What do you plan to do?

Eva
Why was Carla so upset this morning? Did she tell you anything? Is there anything you can do to help? Do you even know how to help? Oh and by the way, you’ve noticed that person staring at you, right? Who are they? What’s that all about?

Cassandra
Someone owes you, maybe an item or a favor. What is it? Tell me it’s not their soul :ohdear: What were the circumstances of the deal? Why haven’t they paid you yet? What are you going to do if they don’t make good?

Rachel
Rosa’s been whining about not feeling well this morning. She’s also got this nagging cough. Are you concerned? But never mind that really because you got that project or test coming up! The deadline is looming! And you haven’t worked on it! Probably because you have a study buddy you’ve been ducking for days. Who is it? Why are you avoiding them?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Rachel Morris
Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile 2, Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5 | Conditions: None

I could barely sleep last night, now aside from snoring, Rosa started snorting and coughing in her sleep as well, so this early rising crap is extra hard. The morning announcements/prayer silence are almost enough to put me to sleep most mornings anyway. So I've been keeping my head down to try and save my eyes from the dawnlight bouncing off the lake, when Rosa gives another super loud coughing fit behind me, and I jump a bit. Ugh, if she gets me sick I am going to murder her. Or slip her some cold medicine in her water bottle. I should probably do that anyway, I offered her some Robitussin already, but she was like 'no, this mixture of herbal tea and honey will cure me the way nature intended.' I'm pretty sure nature intended us to use medicine though.

Now that I'm looking around though, I give the area a quick scan and see Emily thankfully not glaring at me this morning. I always thought that everyone knew when you got a group project the person who actually knew something about the topic would do the work? Like, I did everything when we had to make a poster about gun control back home, and if the two of us had to do a presentation on monsters I'd be happy to do all the work, but Emily is insisting that I do half the stuff, even though I don't know anything about France.

What kind of stupid project is making a poster covering something interesting you know about France anyway? How is that going to help me learn how to speak it? I mean I could always make my bit about how Napoleon was a Faustian Conjuror who let himself be possessed by the spirit of Genghis Khan which nearly lead him to taking over all of Europe, but somehow I don't think that would be allowed, he was Catholic after all (I think. they were in france back then right?), they probably don't want me badmouthing him. What else do I know about France, that the Eiffel tower exists? Or maybe she could just do it all and pretend we both worked on it? rear end in a top hat.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."

Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1
Harm 0/4; Exp 0/5; Conditions: NONE

I thought maybe the guitar would be fun the first time I saw it. I like guitars! Doesn't everyone? I know that when a guy brings his acoustic guitar to a party, he's always the most popular guy there. But like, you can only sing about Jesus and stuff for so long before you start to maybe a little start to think how fast the guitar would burn on the campfire, or whether or not it'd sink in the lake. Not that I'd ever do anything like that! It's just like, something you think about, okay?

I've got better things to think about now, though. We obviously can't have a real party, not out here, but like... Brad Silver and some of the other campers have this thing planned later tonight? Out in that cave I found -- close enough to walk, far enough that the counselors won't hear anything, not gross inside... it's perfect for it. They've got a bit of junkfood, and someone got a hold of a box of store brand soda from the kitchen. All they're missing is like, the most important thing -- something to get wasted off of. I don't really remember how it happened, but like, it's my job to find some liquor around here, I guess? It's super not allowed, but there's always someone who has some squirreled away. I'll just have to ask around.

Cassandra, maybe? She can get all kinds of stuff, even if it's usually smelly cigars. I'll have to try when I get a chance next.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Jonah, the Reverent
Hot 1, Cold 1, Volatile 0, Dark -1

First, I lose my cross. Well, maybe it's somewhere in my bag, but nowhere I can find it. Then, yesterday, that Glen kid (you know, the one with the lump of metal stuck in his mouth) gets all in my face, saying he heard that I brought some booze into camp, and that they needed some for Brad's party or something. I don't know who the hell found that out, but I wasn't about to let anyone know about...that.

I can already hear the rumor mill turning around me. The version of events that seems to be circulating the most claims I broke a liquor bottle on him and threatened him with the leftover end. I admit, it's got dramatic appeal. But really, I just said I didn't know what he was talking about, and to respect my personal space - a request he ignored. So I pushed him away (maybe a little too hard?) and he hits the cabin wall. Comes back swinging and, to his credit, he did get a decent shot in at my ribs that I can still feel. I didnt want to hurt him, so I kind of tackled him, and held his hands down to calm him down some. It mostly worked, though this morning, he still keeps glaring at me. Maybe I'll ask around in classes and see if anyone knows him. The last thing I need is some guy with a misguided grudge.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

There was no sleep in Toad cabin, after all, it was just Rob talking on and all about some loving game. I swear to god, I hate the invention of computers. I was sitting there on the edge of the room staring off into the distance as I half listened. "And then I found another chamber and it had skeletons, so I took my like purple sword and BAM!" He exclaimed with his usual enthusiasm, "-After that there weren't more skeletons so I was able to dig down again."

"Seriously, stop talking, it has been an hour, really are you going to go blow by blow for minecart or whatever it is called?" Rob paused for a brief moment and the gears seemed to be turning, "Oh you want to know about the really cool thing didn't you? Sorry, bro, I'll totes tell you the real deets." He picked up that lingo from me, god drat it. "Anyway, like I am close, I just have a few chambers to tell you about. Like seriously dude, there was one for spiders, now the spiders were all spider man webbing, I swear to god. I told Notch like the spiders were too lame so he made them specially updated to be badass-"

It was around this time, that I drifted my attention to anything, but there was nothing else. Nothing loving else in the room, except my loving homework. I get to learn how the Battle of Bull Run was really a poor military move by the union and-"So then I got to another chamber and it was a underground mine and here is the important part the loving chest was empty in it. Worthless! It was like 4 hours of work for nothing! That is when I went out to practice with real swords, and like I cut a pumpkin in two and-"

That is about the time I walked out of the door. I don't know if Rob continued talking, but I knew he was. He never stopped it was impossible. So a quick hike in the coolish night air and I found my ravine. There was a bit of a shuffle as the trees moved in the breeze and though it wasn't comfortable at least it was survivable. At least to those humans, for me? I've been in Sri Lanka, I've been there done that, it might not be comfy, but poo poo. I might as well chill out there.

With a flashlight and my physics book, I started studying, at least here in the woods, no one would know that I was actually working at this poo poo. gently caress, wish I could copy off of Henry, but nope, sucks rear end. For a while, it was just that doing problems by flashlight near the giant crack in the earth. The remedial physics book was wide open and heavily used to even complete the refresher section that he due in a few days.

That is when he heard the snap, and rolled over to the edge. He was upwind, and couldn't smell anything, but his eyes adapted to the dark much better than any human. Searching through the icky darkness to find the source of the noise and most of all not expose his inability to do physics. He wasn't sure why he cared, but it was just another to not take poo poo about, and that was the most important thing of all.

Marion Florentine Pittsworth appeared and said, "How did you get in that class? I swear you are such an idiot." To be honest, it was the first time I had heard her talk, and it kinda of shocked me. I got up and brushed myself clean of dust. "I had a friend that helped me, what is it to you? Why do you care?" I said kinda snarling a bit, I mean she had me, bad. Seriously, last thing I need to show at camp is weakness especially with that weird girl after me.

"I don't. But, I asked the teacher and I am going to be your lab partner. Do you know that this class could keep me from getting AP credit." Marion said stepping forward threateningly. My back arched and my eyes searched her face and didn't see any malice, just determination. That cool, whatever, I will take whatever help I can take.

"That is cool, I wouldn't mind some help. I kinda had a bud that helped me out, and partied a bit too much." I said not really letting my guard down, but at least going back to work. "Look, I'm not a dumb rear end, I just need some help." I said finally sitting down.

Lets just say that review went late that night, and for deets. I got a kiss on the cheek out of it, so, I guess that is it? I don't know, she seems too straight edge for me. Seriously, I bet she doesn't even have piercings and poo poo. I do notice that she is sitting across from me today, so maybe that is something there. Who knows! I am just trying to survive at least the camp took my doctors note and I can have some curdled milk in the morning before I came to the table.

quote:

Character Sheet

Name: Atash Bahadur - The Raksasah (Themed Werewolf Skin)

Look: long-nailed with predatory eyes

Origin: Demon-Descended

Stats
Hot: 2
Cold: -1
Volatile: 1
Dark: -1

Moves
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Primal Dominance - When you harm someone, take a String on them.

Heightened Senses - When you rely on your animal instincts to make sense of a charged situation, roll with dark. On a 10 up, ask the MC three questions. If you act on one of the MC’s answers, add 1 to your first roll.
On a 7-9, ask one:
•Where’s my best escape route or way in?
•Which enemy is the most vulnerable to me?
•What’s their secret weakness?
•What poses the biggest threat to me?
•Who’s in control here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sex Move - When you have sex with someone, you establish a spirit connection with them. Until either of you breaks that spirit connection, by having sex with someone else, add 1 to all rolls made to defend them. You can tell when that connection has been broken.

Darkest Self - You transform into a terrifying Partial Raksasah. You crave power and dominance, and those are earned through bloodshed. If anyone attempts to stand in your way, they must be brought down and made to bleed. You escape your Darkest Self when you wound someone you really care about or the sun rises, whichever happens first.

(A large blue ogre with four arms, and four heads, about twelve feet tall)

Current history:
Person : My Strings/Their Stings

Amber the Witch : 1/1
Natalie the Neighbor : 3/2
Jonah the Reverent : 0/1
Robin the Cuckoo : 0/1
Eva the Hollow : 3/1
Cassandra the Wyrm : 0/2
Rachel the Chosen : 2/1

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Oct 9, 2014

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Eva Esperanza
Hot 0, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark 1

So Carla got a text this morning, somehow – it was sent like two days ago – and apparently someone from school caught Kevin making out with “some skank” at a party. Which all my research agrees is a very bad thing. Still not sure why, though. Oh yeah, Kevin is her boyfriend. She had to remind me about that after I just sorta stared at her when she told me about the text. Anyway, I told her that I'd overheard Natalie talking about a party tonight in case she wanted to get back at him, and she gave me that look that tells me I've said something I wasn't supposed to. I hate that look. I mean, I was just trying to help.

Oh and speaking of looks, that Marion girl has been giving me one ever since we got the grades on the first physics quiz. As usual, I have no idea what I did, but I'm sure I screwed up somewhere. Was I supposed to get some of the questions wrong?

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5 | Conditions --

Cocks Cable posted:

Robin
You’ve mail! It’s a letter or package...from home? Does that sound right? What is it?

Okay so maybe I didn't get a package, but Sally did, and by that i mean "Sally" picked it up and I got a package, and by that I mean holy poo poo

So I came back to an empty cabin (ugh it would have been SO AWKWARD if anybody was there haha) with this plain little brown box -- it just said it was from "Mom" in neat handwriting, and inside there was one of those tacky-rear end Christmas cookie tins with a letter inside (Y'KNOW I DON'T THINK IT WAS FROM HER MOM JUST GONNA GO OUT ON A LIMB HERE) and a bunch of cookies. I mean, I thought they were just chocolate chip at first, and I was hungry and the food kinda sucks here so I had one, but then I really *looked* at them and saw the little spots on the chocolate chips -- kinda like the mushrooms in that weird circle by the big old tree, except sort of a different color? -- and it was like oh poo poo. I had just enough time to halfassedly (is that a word? i bet that's a word.) shove the tin under my blanket before it hit me. Is that dumb? That's not dumb, right? Like...I guess I could've made a run for the camp nurse or w/e but I figured they weren't *poison* or anything 'cos ~mom~ sent them, but then it was like...I'd probs get in trouble if I got caught with Sally's :catdrugs: or whatever, right? Like, one minute I just feel like normal boring-rear end me, and the next I'm all weird and giggly and loopy and everything feels kind of dreamy and I think I asked Rachel something really weird? (ugh SO AWKWARD help)

So I guess my bunkmate's a druggie. Or a drug dealer? Oh jeez, I hope she isn't like a movie drug dealer or something. :ohdear: I don't want to die over a cookie. Or maybe there was some kind of shipping mixup and "Mom" is going to track me down and kill me in my sleep.

They're good loving cookies, though.

Cocks Cable posted:

Oh and how are you going to respond to your best friend? Lydia asked you to do something and she was sooo nice about. What was it? What do you plan to do?

It's a little weird. :S

She asked me to help her look for something she dropped out in the woods or something, but she wouldn't say what it was or where exactly she wants to go, and she's like WE HAVE TO GO IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT OKAY WE HAVE TO NO ONE CAN SEE US except she's a lot nicer than that and she's like oh Robin don't you worry one bit I'll keep you safe but it's really creepy here at night but she smiles in that way she smile that makes me all fluttery inside and I don't wanna say no but...but what if it's more drugs and drug cookies and poo poo? What if she's "Mom?" Oh god, I'm gonna lose it and I'm gonna ask her that and it's going to be really embarrassing and she's going to be like what the hell are you talking about but then she's going to show up one night like I'M MOM THE AXE MURDERER and she's going to smother me in my sleep

This having friends of my own thing is kind of scary.

-----------------------------------------------------------

But that was yesterday. Because I'm totally not a big idiot who misread the prompt or anything. Why would you think that? Haha... Today Counselor Retta is passing out letters.

Today it's a letter from her mom. (Who probably isn't a drug dealer.) It's got one of those cute little address stickers (okay maybe not *cute* cute but they've sort of grown on me) she's used since forever, and it's addressed to "Robin," which is sort of weird I guess (am I really the only Robin here? Haha...), and...oh. I neatly opened up the letter with a butter knife like how *that* girl used to because I guess I can't help it and I start reading and I guess they only call you into their study or w/e and go YAWRE DISOWNED PACK UP AND GET AWT at the top of their lungs in the movies, huh? Mom sent me this letter and it's very diplomatic and it's very gentle (it's even written in this pastel yellow gel pen PASTEL GEL PEN YOU GUYS that's how gentle it is) and it's very apologetic and as I'm reading about how she's very sorry and she cares -- cares, not loves -- about me very much but she can't do this anymore not after the last everything and could I please never come back? Smiley face, flourish, "Melissa."

not gonna cry not gonna cry not gonna cry like that doofy loving boy did not gonna cry just gonna fold up the letter and and idunnowhat

Ningyou fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jul 29, 2014

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Hot -1, Cold 2, Volatile - 1, Dark 1
Harm 0 | XP 0 | Conditions: |

When it comes to establishing your power, generally speaking there's a few ways you can go about it. Animals prefer to do so by defeating or killing their rivals - the law of the jungle, eat or be eaten. In what passes for civil society, that's generally frowned upon. Yet on the highest level, where power literally decides the fate of millions, once again we find that law of the jungle. Of course, the lesser people whose fate is decided want an excuse for it, like "but they're torturing people!" or "they're hiding nukes!" - conveniently forgetting that said excuses happen on their own soil on a daily basis. Either way, wars are fought without mercy, and power is thus established by violence.

Unfortunately, I am not the leader of a country. I can't just kill the camp counsellors and be done with it. So I have to establish my power in other ways; by being useful. I give out favors, necessities, luxuries. And sooner or later, people come asking me for more. It's a public secret, really, but as long as nobody but me - and a certain smuggler - knows how I get these things, they can't do anything about it. My reputation as a connection to the outside world is still being established, of course, but enough people have heard the rumours that it's only a matter of time before they'll be lining up.

In the meantime, I can't just give away the things people ask me for. Like Richard did. I understand he's got some amount of money - but no finesse or smarts. So he has no idea how to get the creature comforts he's used to all the way out here; and I do. It's no wonder than that he practically glued to me when he keyed in on my acquiring abilities. Poor fellow wanted to get on my level, so he asked me if I could get him some cigars too. All nonchalantly casual, trying to come off like a guy who knows his stuff, but I bet the brat hasn't smoked a day in his life. Either way, I got him a box of CAO Gold. That was three days ago, when the supply truck made the drive again. In return, he promised me some quality rum, because he "totally had a stash". Five days, he needed. That leaves him just today to make good on it.

And if he doesn't...well. I suppose he'll just have to be an example. I give him a smile from across the table. It doesn't reach my eyes. I'm sure he gets the message.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Cocks Cable posted:

Amber
Man, that’s so annoying that you totally got busted for the thing you did last night. What was that again? Who caught you? What was your punishment? Just bad luck I guess. Any plans to change it?

Amber Cassidy
Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2

Ugh. It's about all I can do to stay awake through this poo poo. I stayed up super-late last night because I wanted to have a poke around Gator cabin - Cassandra's been getting on my nerves the last few days, so I figured I'd see if I could get my hands on any of her stuff and make with the hexing. Staying up? No problem. Sneaking out? Uh... I maybe closed the door a little heavy? But I don't think anyone woke up. Maybe they just assumed I'd gone to the bathroom or something.

So I get over to Gator and take a look, and I see some promising odds and ends on the windowsill. So there's me trying to quietly jimmy open the sash with a pointed stick when who should come around the corner but Counselor Rynson. I had just enough time to drop the stick before she caught me red-handed and marched me off to the big hut for a Serious Talk. Long story short: peeping is bad, and now I'm on washing-up duty tonight.

I think I managed to get off light because I let her think I was questioning my sexuality. Because that's a conversation I want to have with some random who's like, five years older than me. Cringe. But if it gets her on my side, whatever.

Anyway, I've had like three hours sleep and scored another counselor 'keeping an eye on me' for my trouble. Rachel looks about as tired as I feel - I wonder what she was up to last night? But my mind's wandering. Focus on the plan, Amber: step one, find some loser who I can con into doing my share of the washing up.

I take a look around the tables and see if anyone looks like an easy mark.

potatocubed fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jul 29, 2014

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Amber
If you’re looking for a patsy, there are plenty to choose! That Eva girl seems like she has a few screws loose, no? What’s your honest opinion of her? Or how about that guy in front of you, Nick? What have you observed that makes him a tempting target? Either way, you definitely need to get out of this if you want to make it to Brad’s little party. He did invite you, right?

Atash
Marion has been busy writing something fierce in her notebook for a long while now and then suddenly tears out the page in full. Folding it neatly over twice, she meets your eyes and seals the paper with her moistened lips. And with casual ease, she slides it over to you. What do you think it contains? What do you hope it says? Care to read its contents and tell us already?!

Natalie
Brining the booze will definitely give you some say over the affair. Would you like that? And of course, not everyone is invited. Some of these jag-offs would just ruin a good buzz. Who here are you for sure dragging along (or at least attempting) to this totes happening future shindig and why? And on a flip side of that, who here do you definitely not want there? But uggg, they’ve somehow finagled their way in. Any plans to keep them away?

Jonah
Too late. You can feel Glen’s heated stare on your even when you’re looking the other way. Who at camp are his usual buddies? They don’t appear any more inviting this morning as well. Are you worried? But among all these enemies, you’ve made at least one friend. Who is it? How did you meet? Why do you like them?

Robin
Colin is looking you over with genuine concern. “Are you alright?” He starts to read that painful wretched letter of yours over your shoulder. Uggg, and now that fat nerd Dakota is staring at you all funny. By the way, why does he creep you out so much?

Eva
“Fine.” A moping Carla suddenly and loudly whispers to you. ”Let’s get back at that creep. But with who...?” The question implies she is open to possibilities. But you know otherwise. She’s been making the side long glances at someone here for a while now. Who is it? Why does your gut tell you that they’re wrong for your friend? What do you yourself think of them? “Come on, you gotta help me, Eva, please?”

Cassandra
Well Richard appears extra reluctant to meet your gaze today. Good or bad sign? So where do you keep this fabled horde of yours? Out here, privacy is in short supply and high demand. Do you have any failsafe measures to ensure it remains untouched? Despite your efforts, someone else here knows about it though. Who is it and how did they happen upon this secret?

Rachel
Emily raises her hand bringing Retta quickly to her side. She carries on a conversation you can’t quite make out whilst pointing accusingly in your general direction. Then she slips out of her seat and walks briskly past you dropping off a few passive aggressively written post-it notes. It’s something about your group project! What do they say? What unfair demands is she making of you? And what would your parents say if you actually failed a class?

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5 | Conditions --

Sometimes it's hard to know how to feelings, I guess. :S Like when I'm someone else I can just follow their lead, right? Act how they act, feel how they feel. Sort of. I mean, half the time I guess it's a little like singing along to a song when you don't know all the words, but it's okay 'cos you can pick it up as you go along, you know? But when I'm me...

I can tell myself I'm not going to cry but that's not the same as

"leamealonecolin." My voice comes out tinier than I mean for it to gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress and now that loving fuckass nerd who won't stop talking at me because I wore some stupid cartoon shirt on my second day (omg I THOUGHT IT WAS CUTE OKAY THAT'S ALL LEAVE ME ALONE STOP SHOWING UP OUT OF NOWHERE AND SPEAKING NERD AT ME AND TELLING ME HOW TO TOTES LOOK PRETTIER FOR ~MY FUTURE HUSBAND~ YOU TURBOCREEP) and calling me "m'laaaaaady" and tipping his stupid civil war hat or whatever at me -- like, who wears one of those in summer? or at all? -- is staring at me and--"WHAT." It just sort of spills out and everybody's gonna be staring at me now i guess GO ME

My voice sounds all froggy and strained and my eyes and cheeks and my everything's burning 'cos I know the tears are about to come and i can just *feel* everybody staring at me or going to stare at me or whatever but the words--"WHAT. THE gently caress. DO YOU WANT."--come out all the same.

Rolling to shut Dakota down!

(1:12:23 PM) ningyou: !r 2d6+1
(1:12:23 PM) Krysmbot: ningyou, 6+1 = 7

Soooo I guess I'll give him the condition SHUT UP NERD. :v:

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Eva Esperanza

Oh god, how does she expect me to help? Hasn't she realized by now that I have no idea what I'm doing? Oh poo poo, she's looking somewhere. Oh no. Oh please god no. “Him?” I whisper back. That's the weird kid who only wears black. The one who loving smelled me on the first day. “Him?” But poo poo, it's been over a week and Carla is still talking to me, how can I tell her no. How can I say the Atash creeps me the hell out and I don't want to be anywhere near him. poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo. “Alright, what do you need me to--”

And then Robin starts screaming.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5 | Conditions: None\

Oh man, a note. This could be good, or this could be bad. I mean she just chilled with me all night, might have impressed her with my fortitude and ability. Hell, I bet she is going ask me how I party and poo poo. Gotta be cool, Atash don't gently caress this up look smooth. I picked up the note and opened it slowly as I drank my morning water and flipped it over trying hard to look cool.

I really was hoping she was going to tutor me more, cause physics is loving hard man. I need the help, and well she isn't bad looking at all. I don't think she would be down with the whole eating people thing like Dolly was. Going to keep that to my chest.

I think she likes me, I mean it makes sense if she does, but she also thinks I am kinda lame, so what the gently caress does this mean.

OKAY. GOD YOU ALWAYS WANT DEETS. I mean IT ISN'T LIKE I AM NOT SHARING MY SOUL HERE MAN. Here it is you read it.

See what I mean? Also, I look amazing in off tone black, and really, we want some color at JESUS camp? I mean seriously, they might think I am like pro-jesus or something. Man she is really digging into my style, at least she likes the piercings, I think. My headgear is pretty amazing, and it is totally cool.

Oh man, why is the new girl pointing at me, I didn't do anything.

Robin decided to chew the gently caress out of that dude. "Man, what a dork." Atash said to Rosa next to him while looking over at Dakota. Marion was bugging on him when they had captain civil war over there? What the gently caress man.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Jonah, the Reverent
Harm 0/4; Exp 1/5; Conditions: <incoming!>

Well, yeah - I've been hanging out with Steven - dude's smart as a whip, and keeps a level head, which is more than I can say for Glen. He even helped me look for my cross yesterday, when I was asking around about it. He's keeping his voice down right now though, when he talks at all. Apparently he's kind of into this girl who's sitting near us. They go to the same school, and he's complaining about mixed messages - like, she just kind of up and started ignoring him these past couple weeks. Admittedly, not really my area of expertise, but if he needs to let it out, I don't mind. Not like there's much else to do. My folks aren't really the kind to send letters, so I don't need to pay attention to the counselors.

But Glen and Karl have been paying a lot of attention to me. They've both got this glare on that I'm certain they think is intimidating. I figure - let's go ahead and nip this in the bud. I lean over the seat, looking past dreadlocks to meet Glen's eyes the best I can, considering the circumstances.

"Can I ask you what you're looking at, Glen? Because if you're trying to scare me, it's working about as well as it did yesterday."

Shutting Glen Down: 2d6+1 8
Marking XP. Giving him the condition weakling and carrying 1 forward, due to Eye for an Eye, when he gives me a condition in return.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Hot -1, Cold 2, Volatile - 1, Dark 1
Harm 0 | XP 0 | Conditions: |

Well, for Richard, being hesitant is a bad sign. But I'll deal with him in time. Technically, he still has a while to fulfill his end of the bargain - and I'm a woman of my word. Reliability is good when you're doing business. Just as much as setting an example for those who try to take advantage of your generosity is. So I don't bother with him anymore, not for now.

As far as my hoard goes, well...when I came here, I brought three suitcases. Two of them have all the essentials I need for ten weeks in this hellhole - but what people don't know is that the third one holds nothing but that which I have made exclusively available for trade. Whatever dear Andy brings me goes in there, until it's time to fulfill a bargain. If I don't have it, I tell him to get it. A simple system, and foolproof enough; even with the lack of privacy, the suitcase itself has a stronger lock than most, and I carry the only keys on my person at all times. Just so nobody gets in in their silly little head to steal from me.

Lingering behind to retrieve something is easy enough. Or opening it when everybody's asleep, so I can fulfill the bargain the next day. But one day, when I was doing so, I realized somebody was staring at me. That knife kid, what's his name - Jason? No, Michael, that's it. Just standing by the window. Little creep. I closed the case and went out to confront him, but he'd ran already. Haven't gotten the chance to do so since, but I assume he's learned his lesson, because I haven't seen him yet.

Speaking of creeps...

Upon my neighbor's outburst, I turn around slowly. Civil War-boy is staring redfaced from the other end of the table at Robin, next to me, who looks like she's about to cry. "Well, now..." I say, slowly, "what have you done, Dakota, to make Robin so upset?" I feel pretty sure of what the problem is, but it's always more fun to draw out the embarassment of being confronted for people like him. Fear is just another way to maintain power, after all. As is love. And coming to the poor, harassed Robin's rescue - well, what easier way to make her like me?

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Well, maybe I can convince Cassandra to come, if she's going to be the one providing the real drinks! That'd be awesome; she's super cool, and she'd be great at a party. I'll talk to her later, when I can hopefully catch her alone. If she says yes, it might help to cancel out the super awkward situation I'm going to be in, because, like... I'm 90% sure that Atash recognises me from that party. You know, the one I spent like half of with my tongue down his throat? Yeah, sooo weird to see him again, and neither of us has really brought it up, so, like, I've kind of been avoiding him. I bet he thinks I'm some kind of super trashy slut; I hope he doesn't go spreading that kind of thing around.

Speaking of guys with metal all through their lips, looks like that Jonah dude (super hot, in generic jock sort of way, btw) is starting poo poo with Glen. Urgh why did he have to come here? It is like the worst luck ever. And he sits right across from me and stares like a creeper all the time when he thinks I won't notice, too! Did something like, go down between those two? And I didn't hear about it?! I pull out my phone, and wake it up -- two whole bars, great! That won't last long, so I better act fast. I take a quick look through the various social media apps at my disposal to try and see what Glen's deal is:

Gazing Into The Abyss to Facebook stalk Glen: 2d6-1 3. Well!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Rachel Morris

I think it might depend on why I failed. If I had some solid excuse like me saving the teacher from being eaten by a vampire, I could make a case about being so busy saving teachers/killing vampires that I couldn't do enough work to pass, and they'd be off my back. If I failed without something like that, well they'd probably extra-ground me, so I wouldn't even get the friday nights off to go have fun with my friends that I do already. Also no allowance, which isn't quite as big a deal as it might be, since a lot of monsters have some good piles of cash laid by. Uh.... not that I loot their corpses or anything. That would be morally wrong.

I'm not really in the mood for taking any of Emily's poo poo right now, so after reading the first of the post-it notes, "blahblah can't believe you aren't helping me, blah blah if you don't show up at lunch and help me finish this poster I'll tell the teacher blah blah bitch whine" I crumple them all up together and chuck the wad into one of the rusty metal grills, then glance around again. Everyone is busy staring at Robin and Dakota after my roommate started yelling oh my god that is embarrassing, she was being really weird yesterday too, so I use the chance to give Emily the finger behind her back.

...I better show up at lunch though, I can probably make up something about France.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I feel like there are enough plot threads started and things going on that additional individual prompts aren't needed at the moment. You can ping pong off each other or the NPCs for a bit before we change scenes. I'll continue to post regular updates as necessary. If you need help, talk to me on IRC or PM.

Atash
Rosa looks like she’s about to give you one of those scrunched up “I agree it’s hosed up.” faces, but it turns out to just be another grimace before she falls into another coughing fit. “Excuse me.”

Natalie
Your screen lights up! The facebook app opens! OMG, someone’s relationship status has changed! But before you can really look into any of that, your phone is wrested from your grasp and Counselor Retta is standing over you. “You know you kids aren’t supposed to be on your gizmos during prayer time. Let’s show Jesus that you can make that sacrifice for him. You can ask Mr. Anderson for it back at the end of the day.” gently caress, Mr. Anderson?! Why is that a dreadful notion?

Jonah
Glen bobs his side to side as if to egg you on. “I’m just expressing my moral disapproval over your failed attempt to pin me down and hump my rear end. You’re sick, dude. You need help.” Well everyone within earshot heard that one.

Congratz! You gain the condition Gay Grinder.

Robin
Dakota turns a rather deep shade of pink and stammers out a meager defense. “I...I...I didn’t do anything!” A perplexed Colin nods dumbly in agreement over the sudden inexplicable outburst. And now most everyone’s attention is drawn to you which brings T-Dog rushing to you side. “Hey guys, what’s going on?”

Gain the condition Head Case.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

"No worries." I said to Rosa and kinda wasn't sure what the gently caress that was about. Apparently Jonah bats for the other team, that is interesting. I gotta come to his back. It is what we do where I am from, you don't gently caress with us. That is just all there is too it. It might not make sense, but I am use to being the weird kid too much to want to watch it go down like that.

I got up from my seat and grabbed Rob, motioning him to follow me. "Come on man, we gotta defend our cabin." I whisper to him and we go over to Glen and surround him for a moment. Well surround I mean I have Rob next to me.

"Hey, Listen Glen. I don't know what your deal is, but Jonah is in Toad Cabin. We stick together." I say motioning toward Colin to join us, not sure if he actually paid attention to us. "Just leave him alone and let him do his thing. We don't care about you, and I am sure Jonah doesn't care about you either. So man, just leave Toad Cabin alone and do your own drat thing. That is all I am asking you right now, I know Jonah is cool dude, so take your hate and just walk away, mind your own business." I said in a threatening tone, trying to push it through to the kid.

I growl and step by Jonah and pat him on the shoulder, "Man it is cool be who you are, don't worry about this guy. I mean lets just say I understand your problem, at least half of it."

Rolling to manipulate Glen to stop being a jerk toward my cabin mate. 2d6+2 → [1,6,2] = (9) Tagging Gay Grinder on Jonah.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Aug 6, 2014

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Jonah, the Reverent
Harm 0/4; Exp 1/5; Conditions: Gay Grinder

This was getting stressful - I started to try and calm myself down, rubbing my temples, thinking happy thoughts. As appreciative as I am of Atash standing up for me, I'd rather not give people the wrong impression. When he put a hand on my shoulder, I turned around and extended a hand.

"Thanks, Atash. Your heart's in the right place and all, but I'm not..." An audible sigh. "You know what, never mind."

Gotta lower my voice a bit. This place's rumor mill is hardcore - not like there's a whole lot else to do outside of classes.

"I don't know if you heard about it, but that rear end in a top hat came by bugging me, of all people, for booze for some party this Brad dude is having. Now, tell me if I'm wrong, but you look like a guy who can put something together. There's out of the way spots all around this camp. If you can get people there, I think I can find some booze. What do you say to upstaging them? Gotta show folks what happens when you mess with the Toad, am I right?"

Spending a string to offer Atash XP to try and get people to go to a counter-party.

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Aug 6, 2014

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Couldn't resist interjecting some Rob into this mess.

Atash

Glen shrugs and looks visibly annoyed that you’re trying to like reason with him and all. “You’re right, I could care less about your butt buddy over there. Just get me what I want. He knows what. And I’ll totally forget about him. Do that you’re cool in my book. Maybe I can get you invited to tonight too.”

Atash and Jonah

Rob dutifully follows Atash around and has of course joined you! Toad cabin bros, am I rite? “Have you played Dragon Age? I think you would like it.”, he asks Jonah. “There’s a secret gay romance in the Origins with Zevran who’s this really cool elf assassin. Lot of people say he’s does lame DPS but I think he’s underrated. He does some sick damage when you get dual weapon finesse at level 13 and equip two Avarri ice daggers which are end game expensive but worth it. I know because I had to play through story line once for the achievement unlock.”

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5 | Conditions: None

"Okay then Glen. I will consider it, but you should consider what I said closely too." I said with a bit of a growl under my breath before turning back to Jonah, "Oh man, sorry, I didn't mean to cause you trouble or out you when you didn't want to man. I don't care either way." Man, that was stupid of me. If he was on the downlow, I just caused the dude about one hundred percent more problems because I was trying to help him out.

"Uh, Rob thanks for the assist man. Let me clear things up with Jonah and you can help with our new plan." I said hoping that Rob would give me a moment to breath and for a brief moment at least he did.

"I like your idea Jonah and I'm down with it. We can throw a better party, but the biggest thing I have an issue with is, you know I have a few irons on the burner. I mean, I was thinking about asking that Natalie girl out with me. I think she likes me a bit, but I don't know. I kinda want to see if she will go with me. Problem is she keeps on ducking me everytime I see her. If you can get her to the party, or at least a date, I would really appreciate it." There was a bit of whisper and I made sure to not say anything.

"If not, I understand, just come through with the beer and stuff, and I will get you a party. Also, uh, don't be too jealous, I didn't know, before now!" This time I gave a bit of a blush and looked over to Rob.

If I got Rob into Brad's party, it would be over. There was no way it could survive that.

Turning Jonah on with unintentional interest in who he likes! 2d6+2 → [2,1,2] = (5) Looks like Jonah, Atash is not cute enough to do the job, or it is rob. (it is rob cause atash is the cutest)

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Jonah, the Reverent
Harm 0/4; Exp 1/5; Conditions: Gay Grinder

I couldn't help but wince a little as Rob... began. To my surprise, I actually had the faintest inkling of what he was talking about - the game had caused a momentary moral panic among some of the more stodgy church folk, apparently due to the scenes Rob had just mentioned. Luckily, Atash wished to speak privately, so I excused myself with the most tact I could summon.

"I'm sorry, Rob, but I'm more of a Madden man, myself. One moment."

The rubbing of temples became a full-blown double facepalm at Atash's last remark. Perhaps some reciprocal soul-sharing would get him off my case. At this point, he probably wouldn't take the hint.

"No worries, man. I can get her there. In a similar vein, if you could maybe talk Rachel into going, I wouldn't be unappreciative."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

"Gotcha, thanks a ton. I am sure Rachel won't have a problem with going out with you." I said a bit knowingly, I doubted that Jonah knew that Rachel was actually being watched by me for being an assassin. As long as she focuses on someone else, I was safe. Natalie was an interesting problem for me, and I didn't know how to breach it, but I knew I was going to wait after assembly. I decided to duck around the back to go into the bathrooms before going on to the next thing.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Eva Esperanza

So I have a mission, then. I've seen this kind of thing in the movies, I know how this works, I can handle this, right? But ugh, why did it have to be him of all people? And now people are starting to whisper about Robin. Should I do something to help her? No, no no, focus, one thing at a time. Look, he's leaving, now's my chance. Better get this over with quick. Everyone's looking at Robin, so I sneak out and follow a bit behind him. I wait until we're around the bend in the path to catch up with him.

“Hey,” I call out. “So I, uh, heard you talking back there about throwing a party tonight, and, well, I've got this friend, you see, and she'd love to come. If that's, you know, cool with you.”

Rolling Hot to send the completely wrong signals to Atash. Mixed Signals: 2d6 5 And failing! Maybe Atash just isn't into one month olds.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Harm 0/4; Exp 1/5; Conditions: NONE

Oh my god, just kill me right now, because this is like the worst thing ever! What if mom like, dies skiing, and no one can tell me and I don't find out until tomorrow? Or what if I actually like, signed up for a contest and I miss out on winning something amazing because they call and I don't answer? Or what if I see something really cool, and I won't be able to take a picture of it and then no one else will ever get to see me standing next to the cool thing!

Seriously, no one at this camp is as unlucky as me right now in this moment. I don't want to have to listen to Mr. 'I am terrified of any technology invented after 1979' Anderson lecture me for hours on end about how the Internet and cellphones are the death of civilised society and Millennial entitlement and the 'now' generation or whatever the latest bullshit old person magazine article he's parroting told him. I need to act fast, say something that will strike her with the great injustice she is inflicting on me!

"Pope Francis would let me use my cellphone!" I shoot back.

Shutting down Counselor Retta: 2d6-1 3

Gazetteer fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Aug 9, 2014

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Walking slowly on the path felt good to be alone and try to organize a party, drat I was in deep. This was going to be hard, but if I pull it off basically, I have all the cred I want. Also maybe someone can be nice enough to disappear and then I can have a real meal for a while. That would be nice, though I was starting to get to like them, drat that sucks. Liking your food is paramount of sin, after all hard to eat someone you enjoy talking too.

Eva's came out of nowhere all awkward and being all shy, what was this. She certainly wasn't trying to hit on me, but maybe? I mean she is inviting her "friend."

"Sure, like your 'friend' can come along, and you know you can too. I mean you shouldn't be so hard on yourself, I know you are new around here. You kinda remind me of someone, but I'm sure you will fit in just fine." I slapped her on the shoulder, I knew Eva was different and well, she smelled like someone I knew all too intimately.

Atash's weight shifted and his foot slipped and the slap on the shoulder became a half hug. "Oh- Sorry, I didn't mean too-" He said for a moment the sunlight filtering through the trees accenting his raven dark hard against his exotic skin. His eyes flickered for a brief moment as the scent hit his nose and another creation also by magic touched his mind. A look of loss and sadness briefly touched his face and it softened for a brief moment.

"Seriously, I mean it." He said his hand lingering too long on Eva's shoulder, "About being cool, I mean." Atash's hand drifted off her shoulder and he stood up straight, his normally clean cut and calculating form a brief if impossibly short moment of time. Atash looked human in a way that he doesn't regularly.

Rolling to be unintentionally turn on Eva right back. 2d6+2 → [6,6,2] = (14) :lol:

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Aug 8, 2014

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5 | Conditions: Head Case

Oh, great. Poor red-faced Robin tries to casually fold up the letter and set it in her lap, because really the LAST thing she needs is Counselor T-Dog No Really Call Me T-Dog Just Like Thumblr That's What It's Called Right? seeing it and making this into some big *thing* and...yeah. "You were staring and it was gross and....you know what? Never mind. It's not even a big deal."

She gives Counselor T-Dog It's Like Taco...Dog...You Know What It Doesn't Even Matter Run For The Border Of His Glorious Kingdom And Praise Him her best ugh-leave-me-alone-dad look. "It's not a big deal."

Rolling to shut T-Dog down. SCRAM NERD

(10:41:36 PM) ningyou: !r 2d6+1
(10:41:36 PM) Krysmbot: ningyou, 6+1 = 7

I'll give him the condition Overreacts.

Ningyou fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Aug 8, 2014

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Jonah, the Reverent
Harm 0/4; Exp 2/5; Conditions: Gay Grinder

After Atash left, I noticed that girl Steve was talking about heading after Atash. Too bad, I guess. For the both of them, actually. Meanwhile, however, this Natalie girl looked like she could use some help. Maybe I can kill two birds with one stone. Just stroll over while T-Dawg's back is turned and... wait, what was that about the Pope? No, can't laugh. Gotta put the serious face on. There'll always be time to laugh at Catholics later.

"Umm... counselor, it looks like she didn't get any mail - she's probably just getting in touch with her folks. Not prayer, I'll give you that, but a wholesome activity nonetheless, wouldn't you say?"

Manipulate an NPC: 2d6+1 7 What do I have to do to get him to back off of her?

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Aug 8, 2014

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Rachel Morris
Harm 0/4 | Exp 1/5 | Conditions: None

Judging from what people are saying, it sounds like Robin freaked out on Dakota for no reason, but the dude is a total creep, he probably was doing some weird fedoratheist crap. The embarrassment of my roommate having some kind of freak out in the middle of morning prayer aside, I'd be inclined to take her side on this, so I'm leaning over to try and give T-Dog (also seriously, has he not watched The Walking Dead or something? I can't think T-Dog without thinking about him. RIP) a bit of a nudge away from her, when whoa- the whole work seems to rock a bit around me, and I jerk back to my seat.

I let out a small grunt, shifting one hand down to my stomach. I can feel it churning, something isn't settling in there, maybe I shouldn't have had all those brownies for breakfast? Someone left them out though, and I mean, they wouldn't miss one, right? ....Or two. Maaaaybe three? I try to just take a few deep breathes and let it work itself off, but the air isn't helping, and now the world is definitely swaying around me. Jumping to my feet, I mutter a hurried "bathroom" to T-Dog and brush past him, hurrying to one of the outhouse things a little outside the meeting area. I get inside and lock the door behind me just in time to let a load of vomit out into the toilet. Leaning against the toilet, I let another mouthful of puke into the bowl, and then my vision blurs.

Gaze Into The Abyss: 2d6-1 = 8
Hit me up with some confusing and alarming visions please

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Cocks Cable posted:

Amber
If you’re looking for a patsy, there are plenty to choose! That Eva girl seems like she has a few screws loose, no? What’s your honest opinion of her? Or how about that guy in front of you, Nick? What have you observed that makes him a tempting target? Either way, you definitely need to get out of this if you want to make it to Brad’s little party. He did invite you, right?

Amber Cassidy
Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2

Wait, what? Oh, poo poo, I totally spaced out there for a moment. Not enough sleep, not enough excitement. Yeah, Eva would have been a good choice if I'd been awake enough to pick up on it before she wandered off - I'd have felt bad about playing such a nice girl, but not as bad as if I'd missed the party.

Of course Brad invited me. Harriet's sure he's into me, but I think it's just because we go to the same school. Familiar face, sort of deal.

I suppose Nick could be an option - feed him something about Christian charity or whatnot - but I can see Natalie floundering a bit, and if I can pull her out of the fire then I can keep my potential Nick favour for later.

Now what does Retta like? Uh... old-timey guitar music, right?

"Hey Retta!" I shout, only afterward realising that I'm probably not supposed to call her by name. "You can totally use a smartphone for prayer time. Uh..." think, think, Christian guitar music "...try looking up Laura Veirs."

Manipulate an NPC: 2d6-1 4

Cack. I'm assuming she'll hear Sun Song or something and judge it to be totes pagan.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I'm looking to end this scene really soon. Hopefully we can wrap this up and move any additional consequences to the next one. :ohdear:

Atash and Eva

Oh my! In this moment there’s just something so dark and sultry about this rather whiney goth kid that mysteriously draws you, Eva, in closer. You practically find yourself in his arms right in time for Carla to come bounding around the corner. “Hey Eva! Where did you run off...” Her inconsequential words die as she all but chokes on them in surprise.

Pocketing Atash’s hard move for later. Watch out!

Rachel

You prayers at the porcelain altar are answered. In your passing delirium you see your right hand is covered in blood. Wait, no. It’s been severed clean. The left is still there, but also drips in gore and holds a still beating human heart. Judging by that gaping hole in your chest, it must be your own. You feel dizzy. The life is draining from you. And you collapse into a heap of helplessness. In the corner of your eye you see your roommate Rosa, or the bottom half of her at least. You instantly recognize her denim cutoffs with the pink flower, but the top half of her is inexplicably missing. You failed. She’s dead. You’re dying. Just go to sleep now. It’s easier that way.

Robin

T-Dog looks at you with all the pity in the world. “There are no small deals in eyes of Jesus, Robin. Can we say a little prayer for our friend here?” He closes his eyes and then reaches to take Colin and Dakota’s hand. Some of the others join the circle as well. Sandra. Marion. Vanessa. Harold. Kristy. “Lord, we seek your help and blessings for our good friend, Robin. We don’t know what deep personal issues she may be dealing with, but she needs your endless love in these difficult times, O’Lord. Maybe she’s having problems in school, or possibly homesick, or there’s a troublesome boy in the picture?” He keeps peeking with one eye to see if he’s getting any warmer.

Gain the condition Helpless.

Cassandra

Andy has escaped the impromptu prayer circle to slide into the seat directly in front of you. “Hey. Dad’s heading into town this afternoon. So if you got any requests, get to me by the end of lunch.” Is that his foot brushing against your leg? Is he ever this forward with you? How do you usually repay him for his loyal service?

Natalie, Jonah, and Amber

Jonah. Retta flashes you one of those kooky dumb smiles. “You’re a good boy, Jonah. You know the rules. She can have the phone back tonight. But if she wants it back before then, she’ll have to take up with Mr. Anderson.” Her southern drawl grates on your ears.

Amber. “I’ll tell you what, sweetheart. A phone is a phone is a phone. It don’t matter which one I take for safe keeping. Jesus calls on all of us to make sacrifices. Are you willing to do that? Natalie can have hers back if you hand over your own for the time being.” Oh hell now. Are you willing to hand over your e-grimoire to this nutty lady?

Natalie. Retta politely ignores your protests. You can only watch in abject horror as your phone slides into the dark chasm of her shirt pocket and is sealed away forever behind a few loosely stitched buttons. Trigger your Darkest Self.

iceyman fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Aug 12, 2014

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Rachel Morris

My hand? My hand! Wheres my hand? Oh. Oh. There it is. A bit bloody, but its fine, its holding something. Its fine. Phew.... Wait, a heart? Is this some Temple of Doom poo poo? I've always wanted to do some Temple of Doom poo poo! "Kalimaaaaa...." Whats wrong with my chest-oh-Oh gently caress!

gently caress! I try to move, but instead Rosa floats into my field of view. Rosa! What the gently caress is this? What happened?! I try to stand again, but I can feel my heart slowly down in my hand, each beat weaker than the last. Maybe... Maybe I'll just rest a minute, then get up and find my hand. And Rosa.. Yeah... I can feel my eyelids sinking down until there is nothing left but blackness.

My eyes open a snap, my face barely an inch away from the pool of water and vomit at the bottom of the toilet bowl, and jerk awake, lurching backwards hard enough to give my neck some major whiplash pain. My stomach seems to have settled down, so I grab some toilet paper to wipe my mouth off and toss it in the bowl, then hit the level to flush it down, and stumble out of the stall half dazed, blinking in the sunlight.

What... was that? Wait, Rosa! My hand! I look down at my wrists, both hands are still there. My heart seems to be working fine, if harder than normal in my chest, but that doesn't matter. She might be annoying to sleep near, but she's ....sorta.... my friend! I have to find Rosa! Still not completely together, I rush off back down the path again towards the meeting place. She'll still be there when I get back! She has to be!

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Eva Esperanza

I can feel my pupils start to dilate, my heart rate accelerate, and my face grow feverish. All I can manage is to stare at the ground. Then I hear Carla show up and my heart starts beating even faster and faster. Why is it so hot? I try to speak but I can't form any words with the thundering in my ears. Am I dying? Is this what dying feels like? I make fist and extend my thumb upwards, like I've seen in the movies, to let her know I set everything up like she wanted. But then my vision starts to blur, everything goes black, and I can feel myself falling forever.

Operation PossumActually Pass-the-gently caress-out is go.
Gaze into the Abyss: 2d6+1 6 while I'm at it. So I guess that's a pretty hosed up dream.
PS. gently caress orokos forever.
e: I suppose if I had a question, it would be "How do I fix this?"

ZiegeDame fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Aug 12, 2014

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Harm 0/4; Exp 1/5; Conditions: NONE; DARKEST SELF

I stare at Retta's smug little phone-stealing face, and I feel my resolve harden. Fine then. I don't need a phone to get poo poo done! I'm sick of tiptoeing around these people and being careful and never having any fun around these counselors unless I'm sure they're not looking. I'm tired of people treating me like I'm an idiot just because I'm not lolsoserious or a genius or whatever. And I'm tired of Cassandra being a complete bitch to me, not matter how hard I try to be friendly. I don't need anyone's help.

"You know what? Thanks, guys, but forget it." I say, getting rigidly to my feet. I stomp off toward the cabins, not even bothering to look back. I'll just go find some booze myself; I know Cassandra must have something, and if she doesn't, someone will. It's a camp full of teenagers, with some adults who spend all day pretending that they're the world's greatest Christians! Somebody's got a stash, and I'm going to find it, and no one's going to stop me.
I don't need anyone's permission.

Storming off (Run Away) because gently caress Retta I do what I want: 2d6+1 10

The Neighbor, Darkest Self:
You feel... you feel like a monster. What kind of monster do you feel like? A werewolf, a vampire, a ghost, a queen... it can be anything you can think of. Tell the MC, and they'll hand you that Skin or the closest thing to it. It can be different each time. Read their Darkest Self: you are drowning in metaphor. Choking on it. Your body isn't supernatural, but you're gonna take it right to the line. You become that Darkest Self.

The Giant, Darkest Self:
You’re sick of being careful, of holding back. You’re an unstoppable, a force of nature and if this world can’t handle you, well, that’s its problem. You escape your Darkest Self when you fall to the ground.

Gazetteer fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 12, 2014

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

I moved back quickly when Carla came around the corner and straightened up. poo poo did she think I was feeling up Eva? I had kinda stumbled and looked like a idiot there for a moment. gently caress man, this was not good, I didn't want to be that total creep everyone hates and avoids. It makes getting prey harder, believe me. I have experience with everyone hating me, okay? Like it was enough to have one school year in bumfuck nowhere and now be in Jesus camp.

"Oh, hey, I was telling your friend-" Carla was Eva's friend? Maybe she seemed to hang around her a lot, "-that she and her friend where invited to the pa-" I looked and Eva rolled her eyes in her sockets and she started to crumple to the ground! gently caress, what did I do? This is why Ravana hates magic, it never makes sense at all. Never loving works for me, I don't know why, maybe it was me, or gently caress maybe I just am bad around magic.

Grabbing Eva, I managed to keep her falling in an awkward hug, "Get the Nurse! I don't know what happened! She isn't awake!" I yelled in a rational and calm matter as I COMPLETELY FREAKED THE gently caress OUT! OH poo poo THERE WAS RACHEL COMING DOWN THE PATH. gently caress ME gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress. I GOTTA HIDE THIS BODY?! HOW DO I FIX MAGIC poo poo?! I DON'T KNOW! I JUST DON'T loving KNOW!

"GET THE NURSE NOW!" I command the girl looking at me with a state of complete horror. As I tried walking Eva along, which ended up more like me dragging her back and forth as I mumbled, "Come on wake up, wake up, wake up."

Rolling to manipulate Carla into getting help. 2d6+2 → [2,1,2] = (5) WELP :ohdear:

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Aug 12, 2014

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Jonah, the Reverent
Harm 0/4; Exp 2/5; Conditions: Gay Grinder

"Understood, ma'am..."

I'm not going to make waves. Just wait around a bit until Retta figures her job is done and moves on to... whatever she does. I'll just be here, waiting. And when Nat just takes off running. I take it she's not too happy with how things have played out. Well, I tried. Maybe I'll catch her later, when she's calmed down some.

"Natalie, where are you go- man, this is not my morning."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Rachel Morris

I break into a run as I hear yelling coming from up ahead. Just because I'm alright doesn't mean something horrible isn't happening! I'm practically sprinting as I round the corner, and almost run straight into Atash, dragging Eva along the path. WHAT THE gently caress!?

I don't really know her, like, at all, way less than Rosa, but still! One of my hands drops down to my waist, reaching for a gun that isn't there. I didn't take one to morning prayer, figured it'd be too easy to be spotted. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Instead, I shift into a fighting stance and send my leg flying in a roundhouse kick towards the side of Atash that Eva isn't in the way of.

"Get your hands off her!"

Save Eva! (Lash out Physically) 2d6+2 = 4

GodFish fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 13, 2014

• Locked thread