Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Eva Esperanza
Hot 0, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Exp 3/5 | Conditions: None

“Eh?” I just sorta stay there for another moment, looking up into her eyes. And then, oh god, my chest starts feeling strange. It's happening again. And then he storms in and starts shouting, that explains it.

I actually yelp a little and run around behind Robin, where I find myself holding on to the back of her shirt and crouching a little, trying to hide. “Stay back! I don't know what it is you're trying to do to me, but I'm on to you. Just stay away.”

I start to think running would be a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Hot -1, Cold 2, Volatile - 1, Dark 1
Harm 0 | XP 2 | Conditions: Ice Queen |

"Ahhh. Look, I totally understand. Tell you what, I'll bring you the booze, and you --" but I don't get to name my price. Bullditzer comes stomping in and starts blabbing about the party. Joy. I wait for a moment until there's a second of silence, and stand up, my eyes cold and dangerous. Hell hath no fury like a businesswoman scorned.

"Natalie. Hi. Me and Brad here were just talking about how the party tonight is going to be totally amazing. And how you were not providing the booze you were supposed to bring." I puff out a gentle wisp of smoke, right in front of her upturned nose. "And now here you are, with...nothing. I know you must be desperate to be invited into the party, but really, now. You're better than this." I give her a pitying glance, then look at Brad with a shrug. "Or...maybe you aren't. Maybe you are nothing but a flake and a wannabe. I suppose every group needs one of those."

And then my faux-sympathetic smile fades. "Get lost. And don't you ever call me Cassie again."

Shut Down Natalie at 2d6+2=9. Giving Natalie the condition Flake Supreme.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."

Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1
Harm 0/4; Exp 2/5; Conditions: Flake Supreme; DARKEST SELF

I wave away the fumes from the cigar with one hand. Any other day, that would have really, really hurt. Cassandra's always doing that, being mean to me and pushing me away for no reason, no matter how hard I try to make friends, or what I do or what I say. It's probably weird that I want her to like me so much, but I do. And clearly, being nice and friendly isn't going to do the job.

And today, I'm like... five million feet tall and nothing can hurt me. Not even her words, which are obviously intended to hurt me. Doesn't she get it? They can't! Today, it's literally impossible for her to do anything to affect me.

So I laugh in her face, and literally just wrap her up in my tightest, cuddliest hug. "Oh-em-geee, Cassie! You are, so cute when you act all super frosty like that! So cool and serious! Anyway, you ned to loosen up a little if you want to have fun at the party later. I think Cassie totally suits you better -- waaay less syllables." I laugh at her again, before finally releasing her.

Giving Cassandra the "Cassie" condition, unless that's not cool with CCable, in which case I'll go with "Adorable" instead. Also, taking advantage of her existing Ice Qeen condition to add one to this Turn On roll. Turning Cassandra On: 2d6+3 8

Then, like she's not even part of the conversation, I turn back to Brad, still smiling wide. "Like I said, drinks are covered! They'll be ready for tonight."

Gazetteer fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 26, 2014

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Rachel Morris
Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile 2, Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5 | Conditions: Fuckin' Psycho

Lunch today looked really good, from the bits and pieces I can see remaining on people's plates, though I can't quite tell what the actual meal was. However, what is left being served appears to be... cardboard pizza. Ah, how I missed thee, my old enemy of elementary school days. I reluctantly scoop up a slice and start heading towards a table when I spot Rosa, looking sicker than ever. I'm still feeling rather protective of her after this morning's weird sick-o-vision, so I take a seat next to her. "Hey Rosa, whats up? You look terrible, have you been to the nurse?"

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Hot 1, Cold 1, Volatile 0, Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Exp 1/5 | Conditions: Head Case, Helpless

Wh-wha? What the gently caress?

...oh, right, idiot, you're Rachel. As far as that weirdo can tell, anyways.

Yep. Big, tough, take-no-poo poo Rachel. Behind whom Eva is honest-to-god hiding. Jeez, part of me wants to give her a hug and tell her it'll be okay. But...first I have to deal with *him*.

"Oh, yeah? Well, maybe I'm not single! And maybe I don't care what some...some loving loudmouth jerk has to say about me and my girlfriend! So just go away, huh?" I practically swagger forward, fists balled up.

...oh, wait. poo poo.

Giving Atash the condition 'loving loudmouth jerk,' and rolling to shut him down:

(9:27:38 PM) ningyou1: !r 2d6+1
(9:27:39 PM) Krysmbot: ningyou1, 3+1 = 4

"And you better not go telling anyone a thing, or I'll loving pound you!" ....wait poo poo that came out wrong "I'll pound you into skinny goth weirdo stew!" oh god it just gets worse

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Atash, Eva, Robin, and Jonah
Hey, you asswipes. You might want to keep it down. If you weren’t so self-absorbed in your little drama brouhaha here, you might notice poor quarantined Neisha is like trying to rest or something over yonder. It’s amazing she’s still sound asleep through all of this. In fact, Eva, you haven’t seen her budge this entire time. She’s so peacefully still, you can’t even see her breathing.

Atash, your senses are keener than most. If you stopped to notice, there’s a delicious note of something hanging in the air. Something rotten?

Oh hey Jonah. Welcome to bullshit station. You hear quite the commotion coming from inside the infirmary. Come on in!

Cassandra and Natalie
Brad looks at you both, unsure of who to align with. You can see the gears churning albeit slowly in that pretty little head of his. On one side, Natalie is a huge flake. She talks a good game but can you really count on her to come through in the end? And then on the other, Cassie is kind of a bitch. Uhhh...

“I’ll handle Glen, but I’m going to need some sort of proof that you’re not going to gently caress this up, Nat. Tell you what. Whoever produces the goods first gets the final say in who’s in and who’s out. Deal?”

He inhales deep of the cigarette and offers it over to Natalie for a puff.

Sure, you can give the condition Cassie if you want. Nicknames are fair game.

Rachel
Rosa lifts a finger telling you wait as she coughs up a storm. Once that subsides, she haggardly looks to you with tears in her eyes. “No, I’m not supposed to. Mom and dad said...” Her sentence trails off as she struggles with more coughing. “I could go visit Neisha, right? See how she’s doing?”

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Harm 0/4 | Exp 3/5 | Conditions: 'loving loudmouth jerk'

Okay, first I invite Eva to the party. Then I like accidentally touch her and she passes out and most likely would have fallen apart or something if I hadn't tried to help her, but no. Now Rachel gets bullshit kitchen duty while the raciest motherfuckers gave me six hours of punishment bullshit. I really really did not give a poo poo about this right now, and I could have just gone to the bathroom and told her no.

Then all of this would be done with, hell so much would be done with. I'm pretty stretched to my limit of bullshit right now. "I don't care if you have a girlfriend, I don't care if you have boyfriend. I honestly don't care if Eva has either. I invited her to a party and her mystery guest. I was going to invite you to the same party. Since, I guess you decided that maybe, the brown skinned dude wasn't cool enough to hang with, I'm fine with that." I stretched my neck and my claws were making my palms start to bleed as I held back.

"I don't care what racist bullshit you got going on between me and you either, but I'm done trying to be nice. I'm just done, outright done. Do what you want. I can't even see if Eva is doing okay anymore, but whatever, I'm tired of your bullshit. Yeah, and you will pound me, but this time, you aren't attacking me from the back with my hands full." I cross my arms in front of me.

"So yeah-" I sniffed the air and looked over to the bed, and looked at them, "You? You did this didn't you? How did you know? God drat it." I started to walk toward the door and "Rachel, did Neisha try to cross you too... you murderer." I looked shocked and then almost growled in anger.

"Trying to set me up and playing with Eva's heart. Eva, I am not one to tell someone how to live, but watch her before it becomes more convenient to off you too." I turn around and bump right into Jonah.

"Jonah, have you ever had the feeling you had to get out of here. Right. Now?" I try to say warning him.

Shutting down Rachel again. The murderer. (2d6-1=9) Giving "Rachel" the condition, "Murderer"

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Jonah, the Reverent
Harm 0/4; Exp 3/5; Conditions: Gay Grinder

Getting closer - whatever's going on, it's getting kind of heated and - oof! What is it with people literally running into me today?

"Not that often, really. Why, should this be one of those times? Hey, did I just hear Rachel say - you know what, we need to talk. I take it you're getting out of here?"

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Eva Esperanza
Harm 0/4 | Exp 3/5 | Conditions: None

What the hell is he talking about now? What a loving creeper.“There he goes, shouting weird nonsense again. Why don't go sniff someone else, creep.” I, of course, say all this behind the safety of Robin.

“Come on, R-achel, let's go.” I grab her arm and start pulling her away, wanting nothing more than to get the hell away from here.

Rolling to shut Atash down. 2d6=9
Due to the magic of rumor mutation, Atash now has the Panty Sniffer condition.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Rachel Morris
Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5 | Conditions: Fuckin' Psycho, Murderer

I let out a sigh, and am about to start in on a lecture about how stupid it is to be avoiding all medicine just because you're parents say so when she suggests visiting Neisha. That sounds like an out if I've ever heard one. "Yeah, good thinking!" I jump to my feet, and then give Rosa a hand up as well, slinging her arm over my shoulder, and giving everyone around a vaguely dirty look for not helping. What happened to basic human decency?!

Crappy cardboard pizza forgotten, I help Rosa off towards the infirmary. As I get closer, I can hear raised voices, and I think I caught my name? What's going on in there? I try to hurry up, but I can't go much faster with Rosa on me, so it takes a little before I get to the door and knock on it a couple times with my boot. "Hey Nurse!"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Harm 0/4 | Exp 3/5 | Conditions: 'loving loudmouth jerk', Panty Sniffer

"Eva, wait what, I'm trying to be your friend. I see you don't believe me, I am sorry I tried to be your friend. It was stupid of me really." I said back to Eva visibly down turned, stupid of me really to think that Dolly was the only one that could stand me I guess. Stupid me, I thought rather savagely, even then I can't even be close to what makes them human. Even the newbie had it down better than me. It was all folly.

"I see you don't have need for me anymore Eva, enjoy yourself." I signed and looked back to Jonahs who I just realized was in front of me again. "Sorry, Eva being rather manipulative till she got what she really wanted I guess."

"Jonah, Rachel just killed a Neisha and is trying to blame me for it. All I can figure is some weird like anti-Persian thing or something. Either way, we have a body in here, and they are trying to escape, or I guess Rachel is going to find a teacher. Dude, you will most likely be implicated." I said hurriedly, looking around the room at Rachel and Eva before trying to go toward the front door.

"I'm telling you man, we need to get someone like stat. I don't know what they did but I found them and discovered that Neisha hadn't breathed the entire time. I don't know CPR man, hell where is the nurse?!" I start to slightly get upset by the prospect of being framed for murder.

Giving Eva the condition, "Manipulative Seductress"

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Eva Esperanza
Harm 0/4 | Exp 4/5 | Conditions: Manipulative Seductress

Wait, what did he just say about Neisha?

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Hot -1, Cold 2, Volatile - 1, Dark 1
Harm 0 | XP 3 | Conditions: Ice Queen, Cassie |

Something ancient and primal stirs in me when Natalie defies me so blatantly. How dare she? Is she really so oblivious? I could rip her to shreds like the little animal she is and - yes, of course that's metaphorical, don't be ridiculous.

Yet the moment passes, and Brad's offer forces me to take a slow breath, masked through a drag from my cigar. Cute. He thinks he can deal. But I'm not going to let miss Wrecking Ball of Whimsy determine whether I can go to this party or not. "I don't think so. How about I provide the booze, and Natalie comes along just fine, and everybody gets what they wants?" I button my jacket closed again and straighten myself out. Not quite perfection, but close enough. "On one condition, of course."

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Jonah, the Reverent
Harm 0/4; Exp 4/5; Conditions: Gay Grinder

That's... a lot to take in.

Krysmbot Jolinaxas, 11+1 = 12, asking "what actually happened to Neisha?"

"Hold up man, dead? What the hell are you talking about? Are you sure?"

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 28, 2014

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5 | Conditions: Head Case, Helpless

"What?!" don't laugh worst time to laugh it sounds crazy and sure it *smells* but idk if I can even believe i mean it's it's not dead body smell, right? It's *not.* That'd be ridiculous. "What the hell are you talking about, you weird loving liar? I just got h--actually, you know what? I don't even care."

Giving Atash the condition Liar.

"C'mon, Eva, let's get out of here."

Rolling to run away.

(4:54:15 PM) ningyou: !r 2d6
(4:54:16 PM) Krysmbot: ningyou, 5 = 5

~*~*~SIGH~*~*~

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Harm 0/4 | Exp 3/5 | Conditions: 'loving loudmouth jerk', Panty Sniffer, Liar

"Coming from you that is rather a compliment, calling me the weirdo, when it seems so much apt talking about you. I mean did you decide to check up on Eva just to cover your tracks, or did you plan further out? Don't bother answering, I'll just sit here. Go on and 'escape.'" I said sitting in the nurses chair resigned to my fate and even giving awesome air quotes, with my fingers as I lean back in the chair. The knock on the door was the hammer. I was in the trap, and Jonah hadn't listened to me, so at this point it was no use avoiding it.

"Jonah, when I was eight years old, I found my mother dead in my bed and I stayed with her for three days before my father found me. I know she is dead, just look at her." I said expertly defecting the fact I could smell death on the corpse from a mile away. In fact, the low grumble in my stomach reminded me that I hadn't eaten in a few hours. This was lame, loving great. I thought to myself.

"Don't worry, I am sure Rachel's surprise at the door will explain everything." I said annoyed now that I had been trapped and stuck in this, and every attempt to even remotely have a normal summer camp had been ruined by the attempt to fake I was a person.

I will never be a person in their eyes, just a tool for their ambitions or a weirdo as Rachel was so apt to point out. It felt useless, like banging my head on the concrete with the hope that one day it would give way and I could no longer have to pretend and just be myself. Another illusion, another false hope, just like Eva had done, they all would one by one flicker out like candles in the wind. My life meant to be traveled down dark paths all alone.

Maybe, I just wanted the game to end for once, but it was obvious that the assassin's trap had sprung, and all there was to do was wait.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Jonah
Hooray! Jesus provides you with that inner strength to remain calm. You pull back the curtain and see the body in full. It’s definitely Neisha and she’s definitely dead. She looks peaceful, like she’s still curled up to sleep. But there’s a hole blown out of the side of her head, like maybe an exit wound or something. There’s blood on the pillow and mattress but its long since dried. And for the added cherry on top, a few roaches are crawling over her blue-tinted face.

Robin
In your frantic scramble out the window, your shirt catches onto a exposed nail or something. Lousy construction! You can still slip away easily, but it’ll tear your shirt in the process. Or you can take the time to delicately disentangle yourself. Oh no, there are sounds of more people approaching! What are you going to do?

Basically the choice is to flee and not get seen by the real Rachel. Or take the time to unstick yourself and Rachel sees you as she enters the infirmary.

iceyman fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Aug 29, 2014

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

fuckfuckfuckfuck gently caress gently caress

can't tear it then that creepo will know everyone'll know everything'll be ruined they'll always know it's me i-i'll never be able to

My Rachel's hands are shaking like crazy and my head's pounding all of a sudden and i feel like i'm gonna throw up and it feels like it takes forever for me to make Rachel's my hands just. stop. trembling. long enough to un-catch my her shirt off that stupid nail (ugh of course there's a nail here now) and scurry out the window.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Eva Esperanza
Harm 0/4 | Exp 4/5 | Conditions: Manipulative Seductress

What's taking Robin so long? Oh poo poo she caught her shirt on a nail. And now Rachel is coming in, so this is about to get reeeaaaalllly weird. We should probably go.

Rolling to run away: 2d6+1=8
Giving a string to Rachel, the scariest person here.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

I looked over at the corpse and he HAD to reveal it didn't he? I mean god, it had started to get that lovely aroma that we all love. Oh god, even the bugs knew it was going ripe and only a little time before maggots got all the sweetmeats. This was ripe grade human flesh for a Raksasah and OF COURSE, being nice to Eva had made skip lunch. It was a dangerous time for me, if they saw me eat, that tasty half rotten flesh, it would be terrib- my stomach started growling as the thought of me tearing off a hand and crunching her bones with my teeth.

It would have been glorious and I found I was drooling a bit before I managed to stop myself. Jonah was here and the assassin had done this on purpose. For all I know that Rachel had filled the lovely delightful corpse with like chicken, or maybe even like the worst thing, sugar. A single bite and I am vomiting for the next twenty minutes if I am lucky. Gotta focus, I thought, leaving that creamy almost perfectly matured meat along and forcing my eyes to Jonah.

"See what I told you, call me a liar if you like, but man it is right there in front of you. I can see from here that she didn't die in her sleep. Hold on." I turned away and held my hand up to my mouth, fighting the very urge to release my real teeth, to the others it looked I was about to puke. It was a well practiced move, and for someone with so many "dietary" concerns it made perfect sense that I would be effected most by the smell. God drat man good job.

Turning back to Rachel and Eva, I decided something. "I hate to admit it, but most likely you couldn't have done it, Rachel, unless you were somehow in two places at once." I said rubbing chin and walking to the door. "I mean I am sincerely sorry for susp-" I opened the door as talked.

Holding steady to not eat my favorite dish, matured human flesh Hold Steady Roll (2d6-1=10) removing liar from my conditions.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Aug 30, 2014

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Rachel
Rosa’s clings to you weakly, resting her burning forehead on your shoulder. No one answers and the door is unlocked, so why not? You enter the infirmary just in time to see Eva climbing out the back window with someone else. Whoa, that someone else is you! Before you can even react, they are long gone. Oh wait there are others here. That rear end in a top hat Atash and super cute Jonah are crowded around a bed in the corner.

Atash and Jonah
Just as one Rachel makes an exit, another appears in the doorway at exactly the same time. Ummm what’s going on?

Robin
So where are you running?

Eva
Where to now?

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Jonah, the Reverent

Oh, man, I think I'm going to vomit. Atash looks pretty messed up, too. Why wouldn't he be? There's a corpse, like, five feet away!

"Dear God, she's dead. And it looks like it wasn't whatever she was sick with..."

So I'm trying not to lose my composure - and not doing a very good job of it. Then Rachel walks in. After jumping out?

"I must be losing my mind."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

"Jonah, remember when I said Rachel couldn't have done it? I am starting to doubt that again." I said as I opened the door and stand next to the corpse as the other Rachel jumps out the window. loving magic, why did it have to be magic? Couldn't it have been another nice evil monster? Those are easy, but no, gotta be magicians.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Jonah, the Reverent

"I'm very, very confused. What in the Lord's name is going on? Everything was going so well, I even got us invited to that party, and that Natalie girl was going to be there..."

I look out the window, trying not to smell the nearby corpse, to see if I was mistaking Rachel for someone else, but whoever it was, I can't seem to find either of those girls. Where did they go?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Rachel Morris
Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5 | Conditions: Fuckin' Psycho, Murderer

Seriously what the hell is keeping the nurse!? I can hear voices just past the door, open the gently caress up already! After a few more kicks I give up on waiting, and shift Rosa's weight around enough to unlatch the door and step inside. "What the hell ke-"

What.

The.

gently caress.

Of course. Of course it just had to be some loving test! Trust mom and loving dad to never let me get a chance away from monster killing, they just had to send me to some hosed up magic swamp for summer camp. "Stop her!" I yell at the others near the fake Rachel, but too late she and -was that Eva? drat her- are gone.

I try to rush after them, but stumble on Rosa and barely manage to not drop her on the floor. At that point, I see the body. This time, my parents have gone too far. Sticking me in some doppelganger camp was one thing, but to put me somewhere with a killer, and not hang on, was that a gun wound? Oh gently caress. Oh fuuuuuuuuuuck! I've never run into a monster who used guns so far (though it wouldn't be out of the question, I suppose), which means this was a human murder, and I'm in trouble.

hold steady rachel!
[14:56] <godfish> !r 2d6-1
[14:56] <Krysmbot> godfish, 5-1 = 4

I take a few steps back, shaking slightly, and lean back against the wall, trying to avoid looking at the corpse. Monsters don't leave their victims to rot, generally, they eat them all, or drain their blood, turn them into a ghoul, something like that. And I usually burn the corpses of any monster I finish off, or just leave. But this is.... something else. The bile from earlier rises up again, and I throw up on the floor.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

"Oh come on, don't be gross!" That was the crap the humans eat and the smell was nauseating, it wasn't rotten at all. Ravana be blessed how do these sacks of disgusting things manage to taste so good fresh? I gave a few sympathetic convulsions of almost vomiting, but there is nothing in my stomach anymore. Ugh, why did humans have to be so goddamn disgusting?

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."

Harm 0/4; Exp 4/5; Conditions: Flake Supreme; DARKEST SELF

"Hey, I already went through all the trouble of arranging for drinks already," I say, dismissing Cassandra's ridiculous offer with an idle wave of my hand. "It's not like you're the only one who can get good stuff in. Don't be all like, weird and desperate about it."

Shutting Cassandra down because gently caress that noise: 2d6 10. Invoking Cassie's "Cassie" condition, Cassie loses a string on Natalie.

I plant a fist on one hip, striking a confident pose. "I have totes got this covered, Brad, don't worry. The booze is all going to be at the place in time for the party. It's like, my middle name! Natalie Dependable York!" Actually my middle name is Merryweather, but, ugh, that's the fat fairy from Sleeping Beauty, so, uh, no thanks! "Anyway, like, I should be going? Like, unless there's something else -- super nice talking to you, Cassie!"

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I believe Eva and Robin are going to lunch.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Atash, Jonah, Rachel
“Neisha? Are you okay? Neisha?” A teary eyed Rosa, in full view of the body, tries in vain to comprehend what has happened to her sister. “Neisha?! Neisha! Neishaaaaaa!” Her initial shock and confusion turns into full blown wailing. Someone’s probably going to hear that real soon. But not to fear, her screams are suddenly silenced by a nasty fit of choking. She collapses to her knees, clawing at her throat, gasping like a fish for air. Her face is flush and growing a deeper and deeper shade of red by the second. Something dark emerges from her mouth. It’s a single palmetto bug. Hey there little fella. Rosa falls writhing to the floor where she continues to choke.

Cassandra and Natalie
“Cool. Catch up with you later, Nat.” Brad pinches off the end of the cigarette, dousing the lit end, and stuffs the rest in his pocket for safe keeping. He then walks off. Cassandra, looks like your chances at any sort of deal have gone up in smoke thanks to Natalie. Are you going to stand by while this common piece of trash walks all over you like that?

iceyman fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 31, 2014

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Jonah, the Reverent

Rachel. Other Rachel. Vomit. Blood. Roaches. More of the same. Corpses. Is this a test of my faith? I don't know if I can keep handling this.

But even though there's a dead girl in here, there's a girl that's about to die, and we gotta prioritize. I try to look down her throat. Is she choking on more of these huge bugs?

"Rachel, Atash, someone - go get a counselor, call 911. Something!"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Rachel Morris
Harm 0/4 | Exp 3/5 | Conditions: Fuckin' Psycho

Oh god, I forgot about Rosa. It takes me a minute to pull myself together enough to focus on anything besides Neisha's corpse, and by then Rosa is choking out.... bugs? The symptom sounds vaguely familiar, but can I place it? Did I learn about this as part of my training? gently caress, if only I could concentrate!

gaze into past lessons: I'll take 'the visions show you what you must do' and 'the visions cure you, removing the condition Murderer'
[19:03] <godfish> !r 2d6-1
[19:03] <Krysmbot> godfish, 11-1 = 10

I'd like a chance for Rachel to boss people aroundgive instructions once she gets the vision

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

nevermind

iceyman fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Aug 31, 2014

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Robin is going to drag Eva off to lunch, but first she's going to run like hell for her cabin and try to ditch Rachel's clothes and change into her own there before Actually Rachel or somebody comes back. After all, it'd raise awkward questions if Rachel saw Robin wearing her clothes...

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Rachel
From your knowledge of first aid, a tracheotomy might be able to help when there is an obstruction of the air way. You will need a cylindrical tube of sorts and a knife to make the incision, both preferably sterile. An inch above the base of the throat, pierce the skin creating an opening a hole wide enough for the tube to be inserted. Do it quick and you may be able to save her.

But if this is all more supernatural, then what? You rack your brain anyways looking for answers. There are many potential causes of spontaneous vermin regurgitation. Nogitsune possession. Restless dead possession. Umm, generally lots of possession really, yuck-o! You do recall one gruesome story of a species of insect (what was the name again?) native to a totally other plane of existence, that can use human hosts to lay eggs inside them. When they hatch it’s not pretty. If this is that, then fear the worst, for it may be too late. A quick death would probably end her suffering and you know how to do that, don’t you Rachel?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Rachel Morris
Harm 0/4 | Exp 3/5 | Conditions: Fuckin' Psycho

I stare at the beetle in blank disgust for a moment as I run through the possibilities in my head. "oh god." It probably isn't the... demon plague beetles, but if it is we're in serious trouble. I take a few hurried steps backwards, and look up at the others. "Stay away from her!" I reach up to the wall and grasp the fire extinguisher and bring it smashing down to crush the bug, then set it down on the floor next to me "Atash, Jonah, try and find the nurse! If she isn't around, one of you, check the office and see if you can get me a knife, a pen, some matches or a lighter or some pure alcohol! And gloves! Hurry!" I keep one hand on the fire extinguisher though, just to be safe.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Jonah, the Reverent

"Got it."

I guess I'll check the office. The nurse can't be here, what with the long-dead corpse and all. That's a long list of stuff... but it all sounds like something a nurse would have around. I guess I'll just start grabbing stuff? Rachel clearly knows better than I do, here.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

"Um, are you going to cut into her?" I ask a bit skeptically, I mean in the end it was just some random human. What would I know after all, since no matter what I seemed to do, couldn't get that right at all. Stupid to even try really, they would just do the same thing over and over again. IT was all stupid really, but I was pretty suspicious of the person who just looked like Rachel coming into the room and knowing exactly what was wrong with someone after she just left with the other corpse.

Warily, I give Rachel my flash filled with high grade distilled and concentrated honey based alcohol, basically better rubbing alcohol that I drank from time to time. This hungry it would just make me ravenous and that wouldn't be good at this point. Followed by a pen from the desk that I was standing nearby and a look of bewilderment on my face, I moved a small surgical table close to Rachel and placed the items down.

I wondered why no one was pointing out that Rachel had just entered and exited the room at the same time, and instantly knew what was wrong with Rosa. She now was asking for stuff to cut open her throat. Was no one going to address that? I think I will hold off till she either saves her or she dies.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Eva
You agree to meet Robin at the mess hall. Well you’re there. It’s late in the hour and only a few people remain. Who’s there? What do you do?

Robin
You go back to your cabin to find the door hanging wide open. Has someone been here? You walk in to find your stuff, well everyone’s really, has been rummaged through. Is anything missing? Are you worried?

Atash, Jonah, Rachel
Rachel, you perform the tracheotomy to the best of your abilities. And for a brief moment it brings poor Rosa some relief. She’s breathing again, albeit weakly, and she’s starring up at you with the scared bewildered eyes. But you know it’s too late. There was something more to this all along.

Say, have you ever seen a cockroach give birth? It looks like this...

So that happens. To Rosa’s head. Like the world’s most disappointing piñata, the back of her skull blows open in a shower of blood and brain matter. And then they come pouring out. Hundreds of them, like the roach that sprang forth from her mouth before, spill out onto the infirmary floor. They spread out, scurrying in every which direction. Some go out the window. Some run for the door. I guess Florida has a new invasive species.

iceyman fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Sep 1, 2014

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Rachel Morris
Harm 0/4 | Exp 4/5 | Conditions: Fuckin' Psycho

I watch Rosa's body anxiously as Jonah and Atash get the materials I need, my hand clenched so tightly on the fire extinguisher that my knuckles are going white. Finally once the supplies arrive I pull on the gloves and start sterilizing the knife blade with the alcohol and fire. Then I bend down to start, the blade an inch away from her throat when it happens.

There aren't really any words to describe how disgusting it is. Letting out a strangled yell, I lurch backwards, sending the knife flying randomly through the air, and knocking the table with the rest of the gather supplies crashing to the floor as I grab the extinguisher up again.

"oh god. oh god oh god." As the swarm starts to spread out from her body, I turn the device on, blasting the coolant spray into the heart of the swarm. "diediediediediediediediedieDIEDIEDIEDIE loving DIE!"

rip rosa, your death will help Rachel kill things slightly better in the future. Until she wastes her advance on something to do with turning people on or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Jonah, the Reverent

I'm glad for the first time in my life that I haven't eaten anything. I try to pray, but I don't know what to say. So I don't say anything.

"Rachel - stop. That's just... that's just making a mess."

Inadvertently crunching a few of the disgusting things underfoot - Lord, there are so many - I head over to the door Rachel just came in.

"Let's just get out of this room. And bring that flask, Atash, if you would."

• Locked thread