Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Exp 3/5 | Conditions: 'loving loudmouth jerk', Panty Sniffer

"Well... ain't that just a thing. I am not eating camp food ever again." I said quietly, before taking my flask back and stashing it in my flask in my pocket. These humans were all loving infected with living things! Whatever was doing this had to be loving magician, ruining all the good meat and hell they might actually infect someone I actually like! That would be terrible. Man, now the corpse both of them are utterly ruined too, who wants ~living things~ in their meat you know?

"Yeah, I am going agree with you there, lets walk away slowly. No way anyone would believe us." I move toward the door as well, and wondered if you burned the building enough that it would help. It seems like a good thing to do. I was further back than the others, but they were starting to come toward me a bit... Yeah gently caress this, magic and me never work out. So I'm jetting.

I open the door and motion for everyone to come out. "Still have that lighter?" I ask dousing a rag in my special alcohol, Raksasah know what to do with bad corpses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Jonah, the Reverent
Hot 1, Cold 1, Volatile 0, Dark -1
Harm 0/4; Exp 4/5; Conditions: Gay Grinder

Wait, what? Yo, Atash, that's not why I wanted you to bring the flask.

"Hey, wait a second. We can't just burn down stuff. What are you, insane?"

I stand between him and the door, holding my hand out.

"What's that going to do? Those things already scattered - all you're doing is making this look even more suspicious. We need to tell someone, before this happens to anyone else. Give me the flask, Atash."

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Sep 1, 2014

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

"Listen man, we just saw BUGS explode from some girls head. Right next to her best friend which she most likely recently visited. I mean I'm not a doctor or anything, but poo poo dude. We gotta burn the bodies, next people that go in there could be infected. Hell, we could be infected." Well more like Jonah and Rachel, and the other two. "Also we have two Rachels and one Eva running around that might be infected! We gotta start here!" I said waving my hands slightly.

"I sincerely doubt that the girl ate a bug or anything, it had to be like spores or something or the food." I said rubbing my chin. "Let me light this place up and I will let you have the flask... I warn watch out drinking more than a little." The rag giving off a almost gasoline smell still in my hand, as I hand the flask over to Jonah. "The more people we get in there the more widespread it will be man."

There was no way I couldn't have a ranch full of food in my dad's territory go bad, that wasn't exactly acceptable at all.

Offering a xp to Rachel using a string and offering Jonah a burning building fire that will be totally awesome and kewl.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 1, 2014

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Rachel Morris
Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 2, Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Exp 1/5 | Advance 1 | Conditions: Fuckin' Psycho

As the other two start to leave, I back out after them, keeping the spray blasting at whatever of the bugs are nearest to us, trying to make sure they don't get a new host. I'm not quite sure how they do, but I'd rather not find out at the moment. It seems to be killing a few of them, but most are just scattering out of the way. As we make it clear of the building, the spray starts to splutter out. I toss the extinguisher back into the infirmary and turn to the others, brushing my sweaty hair out of my face, and breathing hard, but looking sexy as hell.

[16:37] <godfish> look sexy as hell at Jonah
[16:37] <godfish> !r 2d6+1
[16:37] <Krysmbot> godfish, 7+1 = 8
marking exp for hot, and taking +1 hot as my boring advance

and then
[16:41] <godfish> look sexy as hell at Atash
[16:41] <godfish> !r 2d6+2
[16:41] <Krysmbot> godfish, 6+2 = 8

"Sister." They both have a point though, burning it down will look sketchy as hell. "Jonah has a point, but can we really risk letting that place stand? No one will believe that Rosa exploded into bugs, they'll just think we killed her. Lighting it up and running is probably the safest thing to do."

I'll take that exp to try and help convince Jonah we should burn it.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Jonah, the Reverent
Harm 0/4; Exp 4/5; Conditions: Gay Grinder

After I get the flask, I spend a moment hesitating before taking the cap off and taking a long drink. Wh-what is this stuff? I thought Mr. Daniels brought a kick with him. Is this moonshine or something?

"I-I don't know, man. I mean, is there anything else we can do?"

But Rachel seems to know what she's doing. Which is kind of suspect in and of itself, but that's a question for another time. One I'll ask later, when I'm not busy trying not to stare.

"Okay. It's your call. Do it, before I second-guess myself."

He'll give Rachel something he thinks she wants - his approval of this impromptu demolition-by-fire.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Rachel Morris

I nod to Atash, since he has the starter. "Go for it."

One thing though. "We need to come up with a story though, or they'll still suspect us. How about, I brought Rosa in, the two of you were seeing Eva off," I can figure out whats going on with her and dopple-rachel later. Hmm, what next. Did we try to save Rosa from the fire? Too complex, and doesn't explain her head. "and since she was really sick, we went to go find the nurse. We don't know about the fire if they ask?"

No, that was still off. "Scratch that. If anyone asks, just say I brought Rosa in, the nurse wasn't there but we figured she'd be back in a few, then we left." Simple and clean. "Now chuck it and lets get the hell out of here before someone sees us."

and you all take +1 forward to lying your rear end off about it :v:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

I take the flask back and dump the rest on the rag. "Hold on to your butts." I say as I light it with the lighter. The flame touches it and it bursts into bright flames and I throw the rag into the building without any remorse. Staring at the bed as they start to catch fire in unison, I more importantly watch the corpse and the corpse of Rosa start to burn. "Lets not ever have to do that again, okay?" I said looking at the others.

"We need to get our stories straight, since obviously there will be many questions. Actually first question, Rachel, did you see yourself go out the window, what the gently caress was up with that!" I said looking at the fire burn. Then the light of the burning fire strikes Rachel just right and wow, I mean for being kinda a psychotic jerk, she looked rather nice. In fact, maybe we could do this again can't we? I thought to myself, maybe she would like me now, I mean Eva had been a bust, but Rachel, she knew how to do what she had to do.

"Hey Rachel, um- I know you are kinda a fun crazy. I thought you were crazy for trying to beat me up, but you know, Rachel. I think you are awesomely psychotic, you just ran in there and did what you had to do. So I mean if you wanted to hang out sometime or something. I- I would really like that." I said kinda blushing, and jumbling my words, it almost became really lame, but I don't think it would be a bad thing at all. Maybe it had a little of charm on that. I flipped my hair and let the fire from the corpse shine in my eyes, as they flicker in color along with the flames.

Turning on Rachel with my Raksasah awesome looks. (2d6+2=6) tagging "fuckin' psycho for +1 to 7; Atash is giving himself to Rachel at the moment in all his Raksasahian glory.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Jonah, the Reverent
Harm 0/4; Exp 4/5; Conditions: Gay Grinder,Just Too Perfect <Carry Forward>

Not gonna lie, my head's kind of swimming from... whatever the hell that stuff was in that flask, but I'm not messed up enough to miss Atash basically asking Rachel out, in his odd way. Right in front of me, after what I did to help him out, and he knows how I feel about her. But rather than bear false witness, I'll sort him out with the truth.

"Thanks for the drink. Speaking of which, you think Brad's party will still be on? Natalie'll be there, huh? You wanna come, Rachel? I'm bringing poo poo, so I'm pretty sure I can get away with inviting a few people."

I give him a "friendly" elbow in the side.

[01:00] Jolinaxas Rolling to shut a raksasah down
[01:00] Jolinaxas !r 2d6+1
[01:00] Krysmbot Jolinaxas, 7+1 = 8
I give him the condition "Judas" and carry 1 forward when he gives me one back.

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Sep 2, 2014

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Rachel Morris

I watch the fire spread for a moment, pleased to see it getting the job done, then turn towards the others, just in time to get hit by a double whammy of sort of weird awkward flirtation -wow Atash looks a lot better in this light- and a much more direct invitation to a party. Uh. "Normally I'd love to watch you two fight over me, but I think we need to get out of here!"

Not wanting to waste anymore time, I grab both of them by the hand and start booking it towards the woods. We can circle back around to camp after we make it out of sight and pretend to have been doing something from there.

Atash takes a string I think

GodFish fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Sep 2, 2014

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Harm 0/4 | Exp 3/5 | Conditions: 'loving loudmouth jerk', Panty Sniffer, Judas; Carry Forward

I nod to Jonah, oh yeah, I don't know what came over me, Rachel just kinda struck me. Well, I'm sure Jonah will understand, once he blacks out from that long swig he too. I should worry more about what was going on right here, and also I totally botched that pick up line. What the hell was wrong with me, oh poo poo, of course. That just makes sense the smell was actually causing me to become more friendly and poo poo. It was like a high, that sweet meat on the fire, everything just felt right and good.

This was going to take some undoing, "Um, yeah of course, Jonah totally is going to take to you to the party. Sorry, Rachel. I asked the other Rachel if she wanted to go to party with Jonas, it completely slipped my mind. Jonah is really into you though." I felt really lovely going all rear end in a top hat on Jonah and over a girl, man that loving smell, I wanted to be mad but I couldn't be, I had given myself to her, and now I had to backpedal because I knew I couldn't stand up to a real human.

"So like I understand if you don't want hang with me Rachel. If so that would be cool, in whatever way you want of course." I said hopefully, but also dejectedly. Jonah was the winner on this one, there was no doubting it, it had been expertly done. Jonah was just too much of the perfect guy type, no one could beat him in that moment.

Oh poo poo she is right! I started running after her!

Atash embarrassed and kinda in a the throws of self pity gives the condition "Just Too Perfect"

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Sep 2, 2014

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Hot -1, Cold 2, Volatile - 1, Dark 1
Harm 0 | XP 3 | Conditions: Ice Queen, Cassie |

Never in my life have I been so utterly humiliated. How dare she? Does she even know who I am? Oh, I could just...

"Ex/cuse/ me," I say briskly, murder in my eyes, brushing past Natalie as I start walking. Except it's not so much as a brush, but rather a shove. It'd be easy for her to catch her balance, if not for a pesky root that trips her foot. She falls - satisfactorily - to the ground. Eat that.

My cigar has burnt out by the time I've made it to camp, and I ditch the butt, crushing it under my heel. This day had just gone off to a great start. Just great.

Lash Out Physically at 2d6-1=6, and I'll spend one string on Natalie to add one and make it seven. Choosing to let her get a string on me as I deal harm.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."

Harm 1/4; Exp 4/5; Conditions: Flake Supreme

I start to make a sound of protest at her for shoving into me, but then my foot catches on a root, and the shove turns into me spilling onto the ground., and I very narrowly miss getting a mouthful of dirt. What I do get is a scraped up knee, and dirt all over my clothes and that's not going to come out of my shirt anytime soon. My glasses go flying a short distance away, and I have to crawl over and pick them up. By that point, Cassandra and Brad are both gone, and I'm just left there sniffling and alone on the ground.

Moments ago, I felt super confident. Unstoppable, even! Everything was going my way, too, but not it's like that fall knocked some sense back into me. I'm not strong. I'm just a useless flake that nobody likes and I can't even blog about it! I get back to my feet, trying to brush off the dirt that definitely was not coming away, and just kind of stand there for while. I should go wash up, then eat lunch. I'll definitely need to try and get my phone back, even if I have to listen to Mr. Luddite Supreme to do it. I just really wish I could talk to someone who cares.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

NEW SCENE!

It’s hours later in the later afternoon. You’ve all been forcibly corralled down by to the lake side for some fun in the sun activities! Well also because there was some super serious camp emergency that required all the students to be accounted for while the staff worked to contain it. Off in the distance, you can see a small wispy plume of black smoke. Something was burning. Maybe it was a barbecue or something? Is there a big barbecue planned for this evening? Who knows.
It doesn’t matter. You are hereby restricted to the lake side until further notice. No kayaking! But there’s an awesome volleyball tournament going on. Or you could take a cool dip in the algae tinted waters of Lake Silver. Checkout the hunky lifeguards. Or maybe you just want to sun bathe while you’re still young and at low risk for skin cancer.

So the biggest question for everyone, what are you doing with this bit of free time?

Atash
So lunch was a bummer. Did you ever get around to actually eating?

Cassandra
So Andy’s off with his dad in town at the moment. Did you get a chance to talk to him before he left? How are you planning to deal with your earlier humiliation?

Eva
How was lunch? What kept you from meeting up with Robin as planned?

Jonah
You look a little nervous. Did you tell anyone? Did anyone come asking? Thou shall not lie is pretty straight forward as far as commandments go. Just saying.

Natalie
That bitch was so mean to you! Did you ever find a sympathetic shoulder to cry on?

Rachel
Emily seemingly comes out of nowhere to confront you. “You think you’re going to get away with this?”, she loudly accuses you.

Robin
When you went back to your cabin earlier you found your stuff, well everyone’s really, looked as if it had been rummaged through. Was anything missing? Are you concerned?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Rachel Morris
Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5 | Advance 1 | Conditions: Fuckin' Psycho

Didn't even get a chance to respond to either of the two propositions, cause as soon as we got back out of the woods in a more normal area of camp, we got rounded up to go down to the beach, and I got separated from them in the crowd. I suppose even if he is a weirdo, Atash is worth talking to a bit more, he seemed to pick up on things rather fast after the bugs, plus I need to figure out what the deal was with the dopple-rachel was. I'd definitely be leaning towards Jonah for the party, but.... I'm a bit booked tonight, drat. I'll have to let him know that at some point, and I need to talk to Eva to figure out what she knows about the other Rachel as well.

So with three to four different people I'd like to be talking to, Emily is about bottom on my list of people to see. I let out a long sigh, and head over towards her, holding out a placatory hand. "Relax. I was going to finish it up at lunch, but that Atash kid got in a fight with me, and I had to do chores for a punishment. We're cool though, I got a note explaining why the poster isn't finished, so whatever you have is good."

getting Emily to leave me alone
[22:35] <godfish> manipulate Emily
[22:35] <godfish> !r 2d6+2
[22:35] <Krysmbot> godfish, 10+2 = 12

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Jonah, the Reverent
Harm 0/4; Exp 4/5; Conditions: Gay Grinder, Just Too Perfect <Carrying 1 Forward>

I -am- a little nervous. Wouldn't you be? I'm doing like Rachel said and keeping my mouth shut. Besides, I'd make a fool out of myself anyway - I'm still a little off from that stuff Atash had. So I'm just going to lie down, get some sun, and try to calm down a little. I think I'll do a little reading later. I feel completely lost.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Harm 0/4 | Exp 3/5 | Conditions: 'loving loudmouth jerk', Panty Sniffer, Judas; Carry Forward

Did I eat? Yes, yes, I did. But not in the way most people would have expected nor how I expected. I managed to run away from the group and into the woods after the structure fire started. I found my cache next to the ravine, that I hung out mostly at night. It was more of my protected cache so it had one of my prizes, a deer, I had managed to hunt and take down. It was perfect for my purposes, large crevasse that drained into the ravine, a large metal storage container stood in a small cave that came off the crevasse. I had setup meat hooks and various butchery instruments.

I reached the crevasse and slid down into the small area that I had found metal crate open and the tools out in front of anything, my Deer, normally covered to let cure, was opened, its head rotten and exposed to the air giving the most delightful scent. In front of my feast was a singular person who turned around with a big grin on her face. "What are you really, Atash?" Marion Florentine Pittsworth seemed insanely happy at my discovery.

That is when I growled at her, my real teeth exposing themselves with their large monstrous sharp fangs mixed with humanoid teeth as I launched at deer and torn its head with my teeth and consumed it whole. My illusion starting to break before rebounding back into my much more human form. "Don't leave that out, bugs in it. You know how bad taste?" I said to Marion. I was full at least for a while as my stomach broke the bones and tissue. With a bit of a panic, he covers the deer again and prevents the flies from getting on it.

"You don't want to know what I am Marion other than I am dangerous." I said wiping my mouth and drinking my rubbing alcohol or at least fermented fruit alcohol. Marion did something strange after I did, wiping off the last of the rancid meat she kissed me.

Marion kissed me.

"What the gently caress?" I asked out loud for once and looked at her. "No, Atash, now you are perfect." She said looking at me with a very venomous stare.

Minutes later we were avoiding each other near the beach. I hadn't told her anything, but my force of will had broken and now she knew. She was into it, what the gently caress was going on? I couldn't really conceive what was going down. Something had to be up and maybe I had dreamed it.

Today was kinda pretty weird, man.

Down at the beach, I decided to go swimming at least it was something to do, and I could go underwater away from the eyes of the Councillors. Going down into the water, I managed to go to one of the floating platforms that the lifeguards setup at the edge of the swimming area. I got up on it and laid down and closed my eyes in the nice sun.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

No, not yet. I've like, mostly been avoiding people. I got a few questions about my knee, but I just said that I fell, which is true I guess. Right now, I'm mostly just feeling sorry for myself, sitting all alone on the beach on a flat, comfortable rock while everyone else has a good time. My legs are drawn up to my chest, and I'm trying super hard not to think about what an idiot I am and what a mess I've made of everything, but it's hard not to right now. I still don't have my phone; the end of the day can't come soon enough so I can talk to Mr. Anderson. Wow, that's a sentence I never expected to think.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Eva Esperanza
Hot 0, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Exp 4/5 | Conditions: Manipulative Seductress

Lunch was uncomfortable and boring. I spent the whole time sitting in the corner, alone, waiting for Robin to show up. I saw Carla there, but she just glared at me and left. I wish I knew what I did wrong. Robin never showed, at least not before the counselors showed up and said everyone had to go to lake.

I've tried to find her in the crowd, but there's so many people, and I guess any one of them could be her, so no luck yet. But I do see Natalie. She's like, the coolest kid here, why is she sitting by herself looking sad. Hey, maybe this is my chance to talk to her. If we become friends, that means I can be cool too.

“Hey...” poo poo, what am I supposed to say? “Some uh... er... how's it going?”

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"Oh, hi, Eva," I say, looking up in surprise. "It's, uh... it's going okay, I guess." Well, that's a lie. I don't actually know Eva very well at all, but I really feel like I just want to tell someone about what happened. "... Well, no, not really," I admit. "I made Cassandra really mad, because I'm a big idiot who only ever says the worst possible thing and makes everything worse." I take off my glasses, trying to wipe away the moisture forming in my eyes with one sleeve.

Self-Deprecating
When you talk poo poo about yourself to someone, they choose:
- argue and give you a String,
- let it slide and shut you down.
If it's an NPC, MC chooses: they argue and give you a String, they mock you and the MC makes a hard move.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Eva Esperanza

“What?” I crouch down next to her, “But you're like, the coolest person at camp. And Casandra is way scary. I'm sure whatever happened is her fault.”

Enjoy your string.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Harm 1/4; Exp 0/5(1); Conditions: Flake Supreme

"That's so nice of you to say!" I exclaim, sounding a bit emotional. I lean over, and give her a quick, tight hug.

Still not wearing my glasses, so I get the +1 from Two Eyes. Turn on Eva: 2d6+3 8. Taking Spooked with my advancement.

I'm not even close to being the coolest person at camp. That's got to be Cassandra, even though I can see why Eva thinks she's scary. "She, uh... kind of pushed me in the dirt and stormed off," I admit, pulling back from Eva a bit to give her some room to breathe. I wipe away a few more tears. "I just really wanted her to like me, but it didn't really work out so well."

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Eva Esperanza

Aba-duh-z-wh-buh huh? What- what do I do? This is the time for comforting, yeah I saw that in some movies. How do I do that again? Oh yeah!

I give Natalie a great big hug. Super tight.

Giving Natalie something I think she wants: a hug.
Rolling for turn on: 2d6=5 :smith:

“It's alright, I've been there. I tried to do a favor for a friend and now she hates me and I don't know why.”

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5 | Conditions: Head Case, Helpless

Oh, no. This isn't good. Okay, okay...don't panic. First step is not panicking. Hey, at least if anyone saw me come in here they saw *Rachel*, right? haha....

I take a quick look around and...that's not good. My stuff just looks like it got tossed around, Rosa's stuff just looks like it got tossed around, but Rachel's? Some of hers and Sally's bags look like deflated balloons, and...hey. HEY. Someone took a bunch of my brownies and now there's only one left! What the gently caress, huh?

Now I'm just mad. I take off Rachel's clothes and irritatedly toss them in some pile 'cos gently caress it, I can just "borrow" more of her clothes later, right? And then I throw on this reeeeeally cute lily-print sundress I borrowed from someone (ugh I don't even remember but idk it doesn't matter now anyways) like a million years ago 'cos I am totally going to find Eva and see if she'd like to have late lunch and by late lunch i definitely don't mean loving or anything i mean actual lunch honest

Or I was going to, but then one of the counselors I hadn't seen before sees me and blows a loving gasket and marches me down to the lake, where everyone else is...huh.

I guess lunch is going to have to wait, huh? Like, actual lunch. Not sexy lunch. I take a walk around, nice and casual, and listen for some clue about what's going on.

Ningyou fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Sep 8, 2014

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

"Richard. Hi."

Of course I talked to Andy. I need to reassert my authority, and he is one of the few that I have on my side unconditionally. So I asked him to get some booze. In case the person I'm currently talking to doesn't come through.

"We need to talk about our deal."

We're off to the side a little, away from most of the crowd and slightly out of the way from the watchful counselors. I could care less for why they've coralled us down here.

"You owe me. And you're almost out of time."

I have my hand on his chest. Just slightly holding onto his shirt, not enough to make it seem threatening from afar, but enough to make him realize he's not going anywhere until he talks to me. And my eyes, well, my eyes are fixed on his, my gaze immovable and furious...and even scarier since we're but inches apart. He is a trapped little mouse, and he's going to have to owe up.

"Where's your part of the bargain, Richard? Am I going to have to make you an example? To show what happens to people who don't keep their promises?"

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Atash
What’s wrong with Marion being into it? Isn’t it nice to have all that four-armed demon stuff out of the way? Be honest, what do you think of her? Sounds like this could really go somewhere if you put some effort into it. Does that interest you?

Cassandra
Richard stares at the dirt beneath his feet. It must be so very interesting. “Ah come on. I’ve been trying. I really have. Can’t I just pay you for the stupid cigars? I’ve got lots of cash. You know my dad is rich and all.”

Jonah
“Dude, did you hear?” A familiar voice inquires. It’s your friend Steven. He sits down next to you in the grass. “A whole building went up in flames over lunch and two people are missing. Crazy.”

Natalie
Now hold up a second. Is Eva patronizing you? It’s like she’s feeding you a trite tired line and giving you some lame rear end hug like you’re loving naďve 6 year old. Nestled in her embrace, you can feel a shiver vibrate through her chest like she’s stifling a snicker. Cassandra has always favored her. They’re probably in cahoots, secretly laughing at you.

Rachel

Calling in a hard move!

“Oh that? No need to worry about that anymore. It’s cool.” Emily replies with smug satisfaction. “I’m pretty sure I’ll be getting special privilege after being paired up an ‘f-word’ psycho arsonist. I’m going over there now to tell the counselors what I saw. I just wanted to be polite and let you know it was me who told them.” What do you do?

Robin
You’ve heard a lot of chatter about a fire being the reason you are all were dragged down here to the lake. One person was even saying it was the infirmary specifically and that some students were involved. Wow, is that scary at all? I mean like you were just there. Well, you’re kinda stuck here for a while. What are you going to do with the time?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Rachel Morris

I lose my track for a beat as I stare at her. Seriously? That'd be a totally bizarre lie to come out with, so it must be true though. "What are you even talking about?" The only good thing is that she can't have any real evidence. Even if she took a photo or something, I never started the fire. Atash did. I raise my voice as I reply, letting my anger at her for being such a dick spill out, "Are you really that sore about me not doing work on our project that you're going to try and frame me for starting a fire?!"

shut down Emily
[23:28] <godfish> !r 2d6-1
[23:28] <Krysmbot> godfish, 7-1 = 6

weeeelp

I'm going to offer Jonah my string on him to hear Rachel and back her up

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"... you don't need to make fun of me!" I burst out, fresh tears running down my face. Any kind of comfort I'd been starting to feel over the situation went away at once, and I roughly push away from Eva and take off away from the beach. I don't even care where I'm going at this point, and I'm in such a hurry I forget my glasses lying in the sand next to Eva.

-1 for not wearing my glasses, so... Run Away From Eva Who Is a Jerk OMG: 2d6 12

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Jonah, the Reverent
Harm 0/4; Exp 1/5; Conditions: Gay Grinder, Just Too Perfect

Oh, Steven. And he's talking about the fire.

"I've heard something like that. About the fire, at least. Didn't hear about two missing. I'm sorry - someone's bothering Rachel, give me a second."

While his line of inquiry makes me uncomfortable enough, Rachel shouting about being "framed" makes things a bit more urgent.

"Emily - what's this about Rachel starting fires? I didn't think I'd need to remind you about bearing false witness. Especially when it comes to something this serious. Now what's the actual problem here?"

Jolinaxas Manipulating Emily to not be a huge narc
Jolinaxas !r 2d6+2
Krysmbot Jolinaxas, 6+2 = 8 (so tell me what I need to do)
Taking that string, which lets me advance and get Guide My Hand. Look out for a magically teleporting Jonah - coming soon near you!

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5 | Conditions: Head Case, Helpless

Huh? Why would I worry? 's not like I was involved in that...whatever might have happened. Rachel was involved. :smugdog:

And she doesn't know I, um...right? So it'll be okay.

Anyways, I have more important things to worry about, like ugh where's Eva, anyways?

It takes me a little while to track her down (jeez, Natalie almost plowed into me), but I eventually spot her on the beach! And...poo poo, she looks kind of, um....poo poo. I carefully trot over, giving her a little wave and an apologetic smile. "...hey, um...are you okay? Sorry about, y'know, earlier."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

You know, I thought maybe laying in the sun and perfecting my illusionary tan would be good for me, but really, it wasn't. Marion was on my mind, she insulted me, berated me, and apparently knew my darkest secret and had seen me eat. Now remember, no one has seen me eat and lived, so this was disturbing to me. I had a nice thing going.

All I had to do is just eat them slowly and secretly and everything would be fine, just as my uncles had stalked the graveyards and Dakhma eating the dead before Alexander the Great. Oh yes was he great indeed. The Persian king had been our enemy for a long time, and we had been relegated to our graveyards and the dead, stalking and hiding from the humans.

The great dethronement had been harsh on us for sure, but thanks to Alexander the Great, we managed to come back. Not that one of us was Alexander but rather one of his prized war horse generals. That lead to us existing in Persia and the laws we put forth. This Marion seemed to be unique in this, instead of being horrified she seemed... into it. Like REALLY into it.

If I go down this road, I know it will end in heartache after all, I don't know how long I can live, or whatever. After a century will she still be around or does she assume I am like a vampire where I can transfer my "curse." Man all this poo poo is massively heavy. Would I even want to try to settle down again? I tried that with Dolly and then I was stuffed in a black van and sent off to war.

I suppose it would be cool to have girlfriend again, though I don't know how into she is to me eating rotten food, but it is obvious she is intrigued. I think that is what I am scared of the most. I can't figure out what her deal is, and it doesn't make sense to me. It feels like it is right under the surface, but I can't tell for certain anything with her.

Closing my eyes, I just hummed to myself and thought about Marion.

Gazing into the Abyss about Marion and how possible it was to make something happen there (2d6-1=3) I rolled this expecting this, and figured that it would be something like this.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Eva Esperanza
Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5(1) | Conditions: Manipulative Seductress

Huh? What just happened? I did something wrong again, didn't I? Damnit, this keeps happening. She even left her glasses behind. I'll have to hang onto them, so I can give them back later when I apologize. Just as soon as I figure out how to do that without making her hate me even more.

“Huh?” Oh, it's Robin. I wonder how long until I do something to make her hate me, too. “I... no, I don't think I am. Whenever I try to do something nice for someone they always end up getting mad at me.”

Picked up Mimicry with my advance, but just a little too late to use Self-Deprecating :smith:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

"Richard, Richard, Richard..." I sigh. Probably a little more impatiently than I wanted to, but he ought to understand what this means. "Still don't get it, do you? It's not about the cigars, and especially not about the money." I lean in a bit closer - just a teeny bit - and tap his chin with my finger. "Look at me. Look at me." There's a hint of fury in my voice; not enough to match my eyes, but it'll let him know how serious I am with how scared he is.

"We made a deal, Richard. Cigars for booze. You promised me the booze, I gave you plenty of time to get it. You shouldn't make promises you can't keep, Richard. That's a good way to lose out on everything in life." Teeth bared in my cruel smile, ready to strike. "Or even life itself. If you can't give me what you promised me, it damages my reputation. It means people start thinking they can get away with this sort of thing. That they can get things for free. And that is something I can't abide, Richard. Because this is what I do. This is how I live. If you wanted to buy the cigars, you should've promised me money."

I let it sink in for a moment, but I don't let go of him just yet. Let him sweat in his corner. "But you didn't. You promised me booze. So get me what you promised me. Or else I am going to have to uphold my reputation in a way that you will find more unpleasant. Trust me on that."

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Atash
You see Marion in a short distance away, looking at you, with deep worrisome lines creasing her brow. She seems...sad...for you? A tear wells in her eye, or maybe it’s just a rain drop on the car window you are staring out of. Oh, you realize you’re in the backseat of a squad car. Your hands are bound uncomfortably behind you. Wait, how did you get here? Oh that’s right. You were sold out. Through the back window you can see several officers talking to Rachel and Jonah. They’re pointing at you, both of them. They’re totes together on this. They’re pinning it all on you. It’s only a matter of time, Atash, before they throw you under the bus.

Cassandra
Richard scowls and narrows his eyes. “You know what? Screw you. I offered you money which is more than fair. I’m not going to sit here and be bullied by some stupid self-important girl.” He turns to leave. Care to chance your tactics? How can you make good on any of your threats out here in the open?

Natalie
You high tail it out of there, almost bowling over that weird Robin girl over. Where do you run off to? Is there anyone you trust here at camp? And uhhh, can you even see?

Jonah and Rachel
Emily looks genuinely hurt that you, Jonah of all people, are insinuating that she would lie. Rachel’s accusations she could care less about. “I’m not lying! Look!” She pulls up a crooked picture on her cell phone for all to see. And well there it is. It’s from far away, but you see Rachel leaving the building with smoke wafting in the air. It’s from an unfortunate angle that just happens to cut Jonah and Atash out of the frame.

“Whoa!” Exclaims an astonished Steven who looks at Rachel with new found fear.

Jonah, you know that Emily could possibly be reasoned with if given the right incentives. But this is big. This is big and juicy. And she definitely knows it. She would like nothing more than to have a litany of apologies from her no good French partner and turn Rachel into her homework bitch. That’s just for starters. I’m sure you could offer her even more, you handsome devil.

Emily is taking a string on Rachel.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Rachel Morris

I flash Jonah a brief smile as he butts in, but it freezes as Emily pulls out her camera. I could trash it, but no, Steven's seen it now too, I won't get away with that. gently caress it, they think I'm crazy? Why not. "Well, alright. Feel free to bring your lovely 'evidence' to the counselors. Tell everyone you want about me burning down the infirmary. If you really want to mess with a 'f-word' psycho arsonist, be my guest."

manipulate them into silence, via threats
[20:45] <godfish> !r 2d6+2
[20:45] <Krysmbot> godfish, 9+2 = 11

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Jonah, the Reverent

Well, that's certainly an off-the-wall strategy on her part - but if it works, it'll really work, if you know what I mean.

"She has a point. Now, I'm not sure if the profanity on her part was strictly necessary, but you've made her rather upset. We all slip up sometimes. Do rash things because we feel someone mistreated us..."

I admit, I might be laying it on a little thick.

"All we can do is hope to improve ourselves past that point. And if this French business ever gets you vexed again, feel free to seek me out. I'm a fair hand at it, I suppose."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

I sighed to myself, "Yupe that is going to have to happen." Getting up to a sitting position, I looked over at the platform, now littered with students that had escaped the shore by swimming to it. They mostly were bored and talking in their little groups. It was the perfect place in my head to start planning. I was going to attempt to play into Marion's game, but if it went south, I knew what I had to do. She was just a human right? Killing her would be no great effort, but the planning in it would take a long time.

It would have to be a lot of work, she was too connected to me and it would take a lot of work to make a patsy for that. I had been a killer since he was 6 years old and fed for the first time, this was not new, but attention is not what he wanted. If Marion didn't by some miracle, then I would have a girlfriend? Wife? I don't know man, it could help, but seriously what else could I do.

Right now that would be on the back burner, right there was something more important. That was sniffing out where this bug impostor Rachel was. That would have to be the real question. Unknown to fake Rachel, I was not human in the slightest, but, in fact, sense that most animals would envy. This allowed me to hunt humans and other animals, but most of all it allowed my nose to be better than any crime lab in the country.

Time to see where it led me.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Sep 12, 2014

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

No I can't see! That Weird Robin Girl should be more considerate when it comes to nearsighted people running past her like this! ... Alright, I really should have thought this through better, I guess? But like, I couldn't just stay there! Not with Eva laughing at me like that, even after I spilled my guts all over her like... like some kind of sea cucumber.

See, I pay attention in biology sometimes.

Anyway, uh... running! I really don't know where I'm going. Like, back in the direction of the cabins, I guess? I have half formed idea to just go curl up on my bunk and cry for a while. I don't know who I can trust right now, after Eva totally betrayed me, and I think I should just be alone for a while. I'm all out of breath by the time I near the blurry brown shape of the cabin, and I've slowed to a jog and then to a staggering walk by the time my hand closes on the handle of the cabin. I don't even bother turning on the lights before I fling myself down on my bunk.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Reminder. If you have a story direction you want to explore for your character, let me know in a PM or the OCC thread. If you want more conflict, obstacles, and trouble to overcome, feel free to create some on your own for me to work with. The story really is yours to make.

Atash
You walk past that weirdo Eva talking to that even more weird weirdo Robin. Something smells familiar. And no, it’s not Eva, who really doesn’t seem to have a scent at all. Isn’t that strange weird? There’s something super fishy weird there. Isn’t it odd weird that those two weirdos are hanging out all buddy-buddy like? And what the hell does panty sniffer even mean? Better get some answers.

Natalie
Well shucks! This isn’t your cabin. If only you hadn’t left your glasses...right where you totes meant to leave them of course! Somewhere on the path, you got turned around and rather embarrassingly couldn’t properly read the signs. Too upset to care, you walked into the first blurry cabin-like structure you could find, absolutely sure that this was yours. Unfortunately it isn’t. How did you come to that realization? Who’s cabin is this? What’s it like?

Jonah and Rachel
Under threat of grave bodily harm, Emily’s audible gasps and her lip visibly begins to quiver in fear. She looks as if she’s about to burst into tears when she twirls around and runs away as if her life depended on it. She’s gone...for now.

Steven stares wide-eyed and slacked jaw as if he can’t believe the words coming of either of your mouths. “Pardon my French, bro, but what the gently caress is wrong with you?” He directs the question, laced with obvious disappointment, at his supposed friend Jonah. “Your new girlfriend is a loving psycho! If that’s the sort of thing you’re like into now then just stay away from me. Both of you.” He also turns to leave, running off in Emily’s direction as well.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Jonah, the Reverent

Oh Lord. This is all becoming too much. I've frightened another devout, if somewhat misguided follower of Christ, and driven away a friend. And he has reason to shun me. As soon as those two clear out, I sit down on the lakeside and lower my voice.

"Rachel, what is all of this for? Why did we do what we did? Because I usually don't feel this guilty unless I've done something worth being guilty over."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Rachel Morris

I let out a small sigh as the two run away, then flop down onto the sand next to Jonah. I do feel bad about that, but its better than the alternatives. "I'd rather feel guilty about having to threaten an airhead petty enough to want to get me arrested because I didn't help out on a french assignment than have to deal with the counselors about arson and a double murder." Though I'm not sure enough of Rosa's body was left uneaten by the bugs so maybe only single murder. Same difference though.

Letting out another long sigh, I reach out to put my hand on his, and give him a smile. "Thanks for trying to bail me out though."

turn Jonah on
[17:04] <godfish> !r 2d6+2
[17:04] <Krysmbot> godfish, 5+2 = 7

• Locked thread