Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

new nine inch nails lyrics lookin good

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

poverty mac

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Egan Yardley posted:

posing from a quantel paintbox

a what

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Egan Yardley posted:

:awesome:

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

A Quantel Paintbox, a popular computer graphics workstation for broadcast television in the 80's.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwO4LP0wLbY

:gowron:

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Egan Yardley posted:

im the photoshopped wikipedia imagge

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

Bloody posted:

im the photoshopped wikipedia imagge

whoa whoa, enver said i was 'posting.' i'm 'posing.'

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

graph posted:

howd you get 2.7 giggavolts

are you on an imac

maybe its retinal imac!??!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Egan Yardley posted:

can you make a LOTS OF DOGS on this ????

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

\\PRAY4OJ

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

ill be the gibberish

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

rear end cobra posted:

maybe its retinal imac!??!

i wish steve is severely testing me

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

look at that cute little guy

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

im the tangent disk drive and logo

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

new nine inch nails lyrics lookin good

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

pram
Jun 10, 2001
heh

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

retinal_imac.gif

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
lots of good computers itt

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

:mad:

theadder posted:

retinal_imac.gif

rectal_imac.gif

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Doc Block posted:

rectal_imac.gif

brilliant

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-blog-_-na-_-na

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

and

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Some scam artist just sold a first-generation Intel-based Mac to an acquaintance of mine for $800. She wanted to get a Mac, but didn't know anything about them, and so this shithead sold her a 2006 Mac Pro that can only go up to OS X 10.6 and, like, 2 or 4GB RAM because it's only got 32-bit CPUs. He told her $800 was a "steal" based on the prices of current Mac Pros.

edit: I also know a photographer who's desperately clinging to her PowerMac because "It cost $5000!!!" when she bought it back in 2005. Yes, she spent $5000 on a PowerMac after Apple had announced they were switching from PowerPC to Intel.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
macs have high resale because only idiots will buy them

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
seriously lol tho.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Doc Block posted:

Some scam artist just sold a first-generation Intel-based Mac to an acquaintance of mine for $800. She wanted to get a Mac, but didn't know anything about them, and so this shithead sold her a 2006 Mac Pro that can only go up to OS X 10.6 and, like, 2 or 4GB RAM because it's only got 32-bit CPUs. He told her $800 was a "steal" based on the prices of current Mac Pros.

edit: I also know a photographer who's desperately clinging to her PowerMac because "It cost $5000!!!" when she bought it back in 2005. Yes, she spent $5000 on a PowerMac after Apple had announced they were switching from PowerPC to Intel.

and people wonder why everyone thinks macs are for idiots :allears:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Doc Block posted:

=/

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

maniacdevnull posted:

not any worse than the idiot who goes to Best Buy and walks out with whatever shitheap PC the greasy-haired salesman tells him to buy, plus a $150 protection plan and pays to have Geek Squad install the latest updates and poo poo.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Doc Block posted:

lol

i still keep my powerbook around because it can still boot OS 9 for old games

a last generation powerpc mac is more useful than a first generation intel mac at this point

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

i'm the missing pause and 0 keys.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

maniacdevnull posted:

surprisingly enough, the 2006 mac pro still runs the latest photoshop creative cloud. not terribly well, but it runs.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
what a pos irix was

pram
Jun 10, 2001
jurassic park

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

pram posted:

what a pos irix was

i'll fokkin cut ya, m8

you'll get fokkin rekt proper

:ese:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

pram posted:

jurassic park

i no this

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
a eunuch system

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Doc Block posted:

sounds like someone who'd still go "OH NO ANYTHING BUT WINTEL!! :byodame:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

pro

• Locked thread