Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Is Hawaii really a state?
Is coffee grown in Hawaii really coffee? Note: Kona referenced in government documents from WWII.
Are presidents born in Hawaii really president? Where was Obama conceived? Does life begin at ejaculation?

I'm not saying there's a conspiracy. I'm just asking questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Kimmalah posted:

I like his wikipedia entry that describes him as a "paleoconservative" :xd:

so he is a conservative dinosaur?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Machai posted:

Pretty much, if by "dinosaur" you mean "really loving old-fashioned about everything"

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
or more specifically, "pissed off that the civil rights movement succeeded in any way"

Pre-Cambrian Syndrome
Jan 6, 2006

Machai posted:

Is there any Tom Cruise coffee? I bet it makes you so hyper you jump up and down on your couch.

It's called cocaine

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

saigon_15 posted:

It's called cocaine

Unmedicated bipolar disorder.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
OP, is this your mom?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c6HsiixFS8

Greed is eternal
Jun 8, 2008
I unironically like Alex Jones.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Greed is eternal posted:

I unironically like Alex Jones.

I'm sorry about your head injury. :(

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i once tried to find alex jones to listen and laugh at the nutty people but i settled with tuning into coast to coast every once in awhile

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

OMFG FURRY posted:

i once tried to find alex jones to listen and laugh at the nutty people but i settled with tuning into coast to coast every once in awhile

same, but spaceghost

Pre-Cambrian Syndrome
Jan 6, 2006

Kimmalah posted:

Unmedicated bipolar disorder.

We sometimes call it self-medicated

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

When can I buy True Capitalist Radio Ghost brand coffee, not that fat pot-bellied bastard's ripoff coffee!!

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008
If the same person you take political advice, who especially talks about "hidden truths" is also selling something, how do you fail to miss the irony?

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
you gotta break up with your mom

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
the top selling item in the infowars shop is a $2 bottle of iodine for $30

http://www.infowarsshop.com/Survival-Shield-X-2_p_1322.html

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
irreconcilable difference

naem
May 29, 2011

If civilization breaks down just target your local Mormons, they keep a years food supply and have multiple nubile young daughters and a well kept home

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

The description for that is huge and says almost nothing at the same time.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

quick! buy it while it's on sale!

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

Kimmalah posted:

The description for that is huge and says almost nothing at the same time.

lmao

"Experience the benefits of next level proprietary nascent iodine, developed using our Thermodynamic Pressure Sensitive High Energy Sound Pulse Nano-Emulsion Technology that allows for a highly unique nascent iodine that is both concentrated and free of unwanted additives and genetically modified ingredients. We even pre-screen our Survival Shield X-2™ iodine for radiation during our quality control phase."

Translation: "We are selling iodine."

Also they keep saying it's GMO-free. Of COURSE it's GMO-free it's A loving ELEMENT

JESUS

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

jarvis cocker posted:

you gotta break up with your mom

She brought up Ron Paul during Christmas dinner once

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Machai posted:

it means they are a pat robertson conservative instead of a neocon

if you think that's a better thing i've got a bottle of iodine to sell you

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i'm drinking kona coffee right now. lion brand. err, 10 percent kona.

tastes ok.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Am I just imagining a USDA mention on that label? Would the USDA approve coffee that doesn't have sedating chemicals in it?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Step 1 create a fanbase of rabid fans that ignore logic by appealing to their fears and irrational emotions

Step 2 tell them everyone is lying to them or ignorant of the truth (except you)

Step 3 sell them poo poo at a huge mark up

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Otacon posted:

At first, I thought this was going to be about a story of your mom seeing Alex Jones in a coffee shop and offering to buy him a cup of a coffee.
Honestly I wasn't ready to believe that there was an actual Alex Jones coffee, but now I know better and I am worse for it

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
What does "nascent" mean in the context of iodine? It just decayed from antimony?

edit: Oh, it decays to antimony not from. Question still stands.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

you were warned posted:

lmao

"Experience the benefits of next level proprietary nascent iodine, developed using our Thermodynamic Pressure Sensitive High Energy Sound Pulse Nano-Emulsion Technology that allows for a highly unique nascent iodine that is both concentrated and free of unwanted additives and genetically modified ingredients. We even pre-screen our Survival Shield X-2™ iodine for radiation during our quality control phase."

Also they keep saying it's GMO-free. Of COURSE it's GMO-free it's A loving ELEMENT

JESUS

I'm so glad my iodine isn't genetically modified, what a relief.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

Moridin920 posted:

Step 1 create a fanbase of rabid fans that ignore logic by appealing to their fears and irrational emotions

Step 2 tell them everyone is lying to them or ignorant of the truth (except you)

Step 3 sell them poo poo at a huge mark up

yuuuuup.

I spotted an Alex Jones DVD called THE OBAMA DECEPTION on her shelf, and another one I can't remember, maybe TERRORSTORM. (And a DVD of Loose Change. Even recently, she said something about 9/11, then added, "if you believe the 9/11 story.") She occasionally buys weird poo poo, supplements and stuff, and I see some of them are in the Alex Jones store. She chokes down this Tangy Tangerine poo poo every morning, even though she can barely stand the taste. A tub of it is $50. It's... vitamins.

It's funny on the surface, but really, it's sad watching someone you love descend into paranoid fury. :smith:

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

you were warned posted:

yuuuuup.

I spotted an Alex Jones DVD called THE OBAMA DECEPTION on her shelf, and another one I can't remember, maybe TERRORSTORM. (And a DVD of Loose Change. Even recently, she said something about 9/11, then added, "if you believe the 9/11 story.") She occasionally buys weird poo poo, supplements and stuff, and I see some of them are in the Alex Jones store. She chokes down this Tangy Tangerine poo poo every morning, even though she can barely stand the taste. A tub of it is $50. It's... vitamins.

It's funny on the surface, but really, it's sad watching someone you love descend into paranoid fury. :smith:

My dad likes to go on rants about BIG PHARMA and their conspiracies, so I know how you feel. :smith:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Everywhere we look, the visible spectrum is rainbows. This cannot be natural

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I'm so sorry OP. I'm really terribly sorry.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

you were warned posted:

lmao

JESUS

i've never heard of anyone caring about iodine as anything other than a water purifier to keep with them on long hikes in case poo poo gets bad. what the gently caress.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Cannot Find Server posted:

i've never heard of anyone caring about iodine as anything other than a water purifier to keep with them on long hikes in case poo poo gets bad. what the gently caress.

Since this is Alex Jones we're talking about here, it's probably intended to be kept on hand as a protective measure against radioactive fallout. Which they're probably hinting at with "supplementing with pure nascent iodine may provide sufficient iodine so that the body does not need to absorb iodine from other, perhaps less pure, sources." Even though usually potassium iodide is used for that.

I guess it's good if you don't want to eat that evil iodized salt!

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i had an uncle who did the colloidal silver thing for maybe a few years and he turned a greyish blue colour. it was sort of funny because he used to have a big white beard and we called him papa smurf

pretty sure he's stopped now

Straker
Nov 10, 2005
what would seriously unironically be fantastic is if the CIA poisoned all the alex jones coffee and all his retarded followers died

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

USDA? Co-op? Arabica?

How can a true patriot like Jones support it? The name is clever, but why doesn't it say anything about opening your eyes on the front?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Op should have their mother sectioned. She's nuts and, if we're honest, probably really annoying yet also boring. Better off without. Sev.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terry Francona
Jan 20, 2004

by Cowcaster

Machai posted:

the title made me think your mom bought Alex Jones a cup o joe at a starbucks or something

this is way worse

• Locked thread