Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah. I mean, maybe in a couple weeks when we see how my benchers perform. And also whether Peyton has another superstar season or if it turns out the old man isn't immortal after all. I'm already heavily invested in the Broncos so I have to discount Welker a little because of the risk there too.

And, Sankey I think has a strong potential upside for the season, although ESPN is overestimating his likely points for game 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
I will win the foot balls games through good play. Y'all will fall to the power of my balls

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Just realized I don't have a single player in a thursday game. And, Sunday I now have to attend a family event. Argh!

I will of course set up the DVR to record some football but it's just not the same.

Anyone else getting NFL sunday ticket or similar? I already have direcTV so it's going to cost me like $220 to sign up. I saved up my moneys all summer.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

I was going to get Gamepass this season until I saw that they weren't packaging playoff games with it for Canada. Not gonna pay that money to miss out on the important games.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh BTW just a reminder for the newbies: check your rosters for players that are in tonight's game. You must decide whether to bench or start those players before the kickoff: once the game starts, they'll be locked into position wherever you have them until tuesday morning.

Also, get into the habit of checking the League page. You can see in the Recent League Activity that we have our first team changes of the season: the Atlanta Analrapists have swapped out a D/ST (dropping the bills to grab philly), and they dropped Donald Brown to pick up Zach Miller.

It's important to watch this stuff because if you see someone drop a player you are interested in, you can put in a claim for them which will be processed by waiver order, if anyone else also tries to claim the player. For example, if you decide you want the Bills D/ST, you can put in a claim, and it says right now the waiver order will be processed Saturday morning.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Sep 4, 2014

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
Good luck to everyone! I'll be open to considering trades after I see some actual performances. Also if anyone wants other dumb football-related games, check out the eliminator stuff: https://saseliminator.com/

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey cool I just signed up for that. Seems like fun and not a big time sink.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

GET HYPED for all the penalty calls

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
This has been a great start to my week! 25 points from Marshawn Lynch, and Aaron Rodgers only got 9.

I can't wait for Sunday!

DiscipleoftheClaw
Mar 13, 2005

Plus I gotta keep enough lettuce to support your shoe fetish.

Strong Mouse posted:

This has been a great start to my week! 25 points from Marshawn Lynch, and Aaron Rodgers only got 9.

I can't wait for Sunday!

Yeah barring a wondrous display on Sunday, I am cooked this week. Really needed more points from Mr. Rodgers.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Can't believe he looked so bad, even against Seattle. Aaron had a total case of poo-brain tonight.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Key piece of his OL got injured in the first quarter, that sure didn't help. Also that botched GFI on 4th, definitely shoulda called time when the OL wasn't lined up as the play clock expired. And a couple of bad penalties.

But eh. They were underdogs going up against the seahawks anyway, I think the team looked okay, green bay should be able to put together a winning season if they can keep rodgers on his feet.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

LOL hoping Tony comes out of retirement? The guy is 38, let him rest for god's sake!

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
Yeah, Rodgers was playing against the unfortunate best defense in the entire league last night playing at the top of their game and he had a giant fuckin' gap right in the middle of his line. I don't care who you are, you're probably not going to have a good game against that. The Packers' defense was pretty trash, but they won't need their D to win most of their games.

Real glad I didn't try to swap in Boykin, considering Sherman just sat on his rear end all night and the Packers wouldn't go near him.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh ho ho the josh gordon gamble eh? I was like 50/50 about doing that myself.

Poor bortles.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

After hearing the rumor about a possible suspension reduction because a white man got tagged for the same kind of thing, I figure it's a zero risk bet for awesome return if it works out. Worst case, I dump Gordon in a few weeks when I need space.

Edit: Yeah I realize the deal's probably been in the works a while and the timing is mildly unfortunate.

SilverMike fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 6, 2014

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
You end up starting Gordon by the end of the season, and god willing I'll end up starting JFF in the latter half of his superbowl winning first season.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
I'd settle for going a week without a starter going down.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Darksaber posted:

You end up starting Gordon by the end of the season, and god willing I'll end up starting JFF in the latter half of his superbowl winning first season.

With Gordon at his side, how could JFF fail? :getin:

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

The Madden Giferator is the greatest invention of our time.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

This is fun

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It's go time, kiddos. Check your rosters because there are last-minute injury reports to react to.

Cam isn't playing, for example.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Whew, got dwyer if Ellington really is out. Thank. God.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

God, that Ellington situation is such a tease. Hope you don't get burned by the Pats-like reporting.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
I am happy right now that Brandon Cooks is on the bench this week. He would be getting a lot of points.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

same

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
JJ Watt is like a CR 20 defensive player.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Darksaber posted:

JJ Watt is like a CR 20 defensive player.

He's like the one thing about being a Texans fan that doesn't fill me with bile. Plus he's adorable.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Matt Bryant is a hero and keeping me with a chance against Gorbash.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
16 points from the Texans' D/ST, hope Clowney gets better and they keep that up! Also 17 from Edelman and haha 19 from Mike Wallace.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

My Battery Experts are standing by after that first half showing from the Eagles. Prepare for a pelting, Winson.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Also today I learned a Defense that does bad enough can COST you points, thanks Saints.

Thaints.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
I honestly had no idea that could happen.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Holy poo poo Cowboys. At least try to look like an NFL team?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Whoever has Romo, I'm sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
You should feel sorry for me. The Niners defense is killing me.

• Locked thread