Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Zogo posted:

Every time I see PUA I think of this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWBvdZa_Nno

jesus

It was easier to watch that ISIS frag video than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

pick-up artist is a position at the subway fast food restaurants and it mostly involves picking up trash and putting it in a dumpster

But the pick-up artists we're talking about want pick up trash to use as a dumpster.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
being a pua is loving cool

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone who calls themselves a pick up artist usually isnt

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

mookface posted:

Anyone who calls themselves a pick up artist usually isnt

sounds like you fell afoul of a pua lol. stay mad.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

PUA was invented by friendzoned neckbeards because chicks only date assholes, so if they become the biggest rear end in a top hat surely they will get sum fuk.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Being attractive and charming and financially successful has always worked for me

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
how hard is it to just use craigslist and get laid if you're that horny. Just show you are decently in shape, that your penis isn't below 4-5 inches in length, that you aren't carrying some incurable STD, that you aren't going to kill and eat them or become obsessive over them and start stalking them, and you're good to go. All the sex you could ever want.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

SunAndSpring posted:

how hard is it to just use craigslist and get laid if you're that horny. Just show you are decently in shape, that your penis isn't below 4-5 inches in length, that you aren't carrying some incurable STD, that you aren't going to kill and eat them or become obsessive over them and start stalking them, and you're good to go. All the sex you could ever want.

These are the reasons why PUA exist. They have none of these qualities.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

our culture produces women that are emotional children

More so than men?

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Benny Harvey posted:

More so than men?

I'd say a slightly higher percentage, just because they are coddled even harder then men as they grow up and are sold more fairytale bs

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kirk Johnson posted:

Back in like the 60s and 70s, even the nerds in your dad's high school class eventually got laid because back then you were basically forced to go out and fraternize and actually interact with people, even if it meant leaving the house to go to the library. Now, thanks to the internet, you can do absolutely everything from your bedroom bolthole - you don't have to leave the house ever - and so we have a generation of weird shut-ins who spent their socially developmental years anonymously acting like insufferable assholes online and playing vidya every loving day, all day long. It's kinda like those feral kids raised by wolves; the language center of their brains were wrecked and too far gone and once you're past a certain point, you're going to really, really struggle to adjust to normality. That's these guys but talking to and communicating with Women. And so once you reach the point where you realize you can't just be a teenager anymore and that people expect you to form adult relationships and when you choose to go out into the big, bad world, these guys don't even know where to start - it's terrifying for them. In their twenties and they've never touched a tit. And so they turn to their trusted internet for help which tries to provide it in a language they'll understand and recognize, to wit, the language of video games.

PUA poo poo basically reduces interpersonal relationships to the conversation choices you see in Fallout games and Women to a series of button presses, much like a quick-time event. It's all these nerds understand. Meanwhile, you get blank looks when you mention this poo poo to normal people because they had girlfriends and made out with people in their teenage years.

holy poo poo

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I tried out some of this pua stuff on a guy and he sucked my dick. I think it works

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
why is twee as gently caress unbanned?

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

RideTheSpiral posted:

why is twee as gently caress unbanned?

i don't think people should be banned for having different opinions to the ones you have

Psygnosis
Jul 30, 2003

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

I tried out some of this pua stuff on a guy and he sucked my dick. I think it works

that reminds me. How does PUA stuff work on other guys. What if they were both PUAs trying to pick each other up, how would that work out?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Benny Harvey posted:

More so than men?

Honestly, yes, more so than men. This is not a :biotruths: statement, it's an observation on patriarchal culture where women are institutionally oppressed at all levels of status and pretty much all roles. It fucks some of them up and leaves them in a pretty bad state.

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

I'd say a slightly higher percentage, just because they are coddled even harder then men as they grow up and are sold more fairytale bs

there's also a massive variety of double standards applied on all sorts of poo poo that train women to have wildly different sexual ethics from men

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

i don't think people should be banned for having different opinions to the ones you have

how about for being an insufferable piece of garbage?

Zen Punk
Dec 26, 2005

interfaced
confine Twee As gently caress and Hobohemian to a thread where they and only they can post

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Zen Punk posted:

confine Twee As gently caress and Hobohemian to a thread where they and only they can post

why?

Zen Punk
Dec 26, 2005

interfaced

RideTheSpiral posted:

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

in my experience you shouldn't listen to people who use the word insufferable

Nog
May 15, 2006

SunAndSpring posted:

*furiously scribbles on this down on sheet of paper*

whoa dude, what do you call this system?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

in my experience you shouldn't listen to people who say in my experience because they are insufferable

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

it sounds as though you don't like taking advice but do like to use the ineffectual angry nerd word. guess you'll be telling folks about your dog till it dies lol

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

RideTheSpiral posted:

are you negging me so you can later gently caress me?

because its working, big boy :wink:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

just buy a big hat retards

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Palpek posted:

just buy a big hat retards

pretty good photobomb imo

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

RideTheSpiral posted:

outline the reasons for this, but only the ones that don't stem from ideological differences

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Cucking Mama posted:

it sounds as though you don't like taking advice but do like to use the ineffectual angry nerd word. guess you'll be telling folks about your dog till it dies lol

:thejoke:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

outline the reasons for this, but only the ones that don't stem from ideological differences

this is the kind of lovely post that twee as gently caress would make. i can see why youre such a big fan

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

RideTheSpiral posted:

this is the kind of lovely post that twee as gently caress would make. i can see why youre such a big fan

negging, now ignoring, i know youre following the pua 101 manual to the letter... but i'm in :stwoon:

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Just go to YLLS, read threads, get swole, get laid. No need for that bullshit attempt at mind-control. Just like guys like good-looking girls, girls like good-looking guys. You want to get laid, do what I said above. You want to have a meaningful relationship, do what I said above and don't be an rear end in a top hat.

Count Freebasie fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jul 29, 2014

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

RideTheSpiral posted:

no I'm genuinely curious.a lot of people on here seem to get very angry about other posters having different viewpoints on things.the conservative ones want the liberal ones banned and vice versa, but will then go on to talk about how bad 'hugboxes' on internet forums are

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

no I'm genuinely curious.a lot of people on here seem to get very angry about other posters having different viewpoints on things.the conservative ones want the liberal ones banned and vice versa, but will then go on to talk about how bad 'hugboxes' on internet forums are

I've never seen any conservative poster asking for liberals to be banned on here

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Count Freebasie posted:

Just got YLLS, read threads, get swole, get laid. No need for that bullshit attempt at mind-control. Just like guys like good-looking girls, girls like good-looking guys. You want to get laid, do what I said above. You want to have a meaningful relationship, do what I said above and don't be an rear end in a top hat.

but do not read the fashion threads or take any advice from them about clothes because lmao what a bunch of ulgy dressed retards

Ponce de Le0n posted:

I've never seen any conservative poster asking for liberals to be banned on here

ive never seen all 6 of them ever ask for something like that either

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Twee as gently caress posted:

but do not read the fashion threads or take any advice from them about clothes because lmao what a bunch of ulgy dressed retards

That may as well link you straight to Grindr, where you can list yourself as a twink.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i like to have sex with ladies

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

its like a guide for beating a raid boss except that the boss is a stank puss and youre level one so you cant even get into most of the raids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Necros posted:

its like a guide for beating a raid boss except that the boss is a stank puss and youre level one so you cant even get into most of the raids

Yeah, I wouldn't being using life references like that among the ladies...

• Locked thread