Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

Will I be able to download this late tonight?

Rumor is midnight PST. Of course, I also remember they said that for the GTA 5 digital release, and I don't really think anyone understands what kind of voodoo magic goes into updating the PSN store. I'm just planning to start the download tomorrow while I'm at work so it'll be ready when I'm back home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I'm a recent PS4 convert (came from a PC, surprisingly) and the multiplayer modes look fantastic. I played all of 30 minutes on the PS3 so I'm excited for prettier graphics and a higher FPS.

Any way for us goons to play together?

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Use the app from this thread to fill your friends list with literally hundreds of goons : http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3595772

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Metanaut posted:

Use the app from this thread to fill your friends list with literally hundreds of goons : http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3595772

There's no app in that thread?

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy

StabMasterArson posted:

There's no app in that thread?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3585608&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=813#post432737226

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Thanks, I guess this doesn't work with Euro accounts or something though, keeps telling me my password is wrong.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
Can't wait to stomp all over the multiplayer with you guys. Coming from 360, excited to play through this blind for the first time.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Holy crap didn't know this was coming out so soon. I didn't play the PS3 version so I'm looking forward to this.

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity
Definitely double-dipping. Like the OP said, The Destiny Beta is over, and I need a multiplayer-title to sway me over until September. Plus, I will play the campaign through again, this time on Hard. Can't wait!

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Oh boo, doesn't come out in England until August. Apparently timezones are still a factor when it comes to digital downloads.

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!
I'm not double-dipping, that would require me to have bought the game when it released originally. Instead, I'm going in completely blind for one of the few games that made me regret not having a PS3 last generation and I'm very excited to play this.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
I'm double dipping and I will try to actually play online with goons this time around :v:. Also that PSN friend app thing doesn't work for me either and I have a US account.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Arthe Xavier posted:

Definitely double-dipping. Like the OP said, The Destiny Beta is over, and I need a multiplayer-title to sway me over until September. Plus, I will play the campaign through again, this time on Hard. Can't wait!

Survivor is fun, but trying to get through Grounded Mode is like pulling teeth. If you like playing the same level over and over again until you get it right, it's definitely for you.

Definitely going to be double-dipping. I play a lot of Factions already, so I'm excited to see the new game features, resolution, and frame rate.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Holy Cheese posted:

Oh boo, doesn't come out in England until August. Apparently timezones are still a factor when it comes to digital downloads.

Preorder it from the US PSN, you get it 3 days earlier and ~15 cheaper!

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

StabMasterArson posted:

Preorder it from the US PSN, you get it 3 days earlier and ~15 cheaper!

Also, the European version is censored (all blood and gore removed from multiplayer) because Sony is the worst game publisher around. US PSN will give you the uncensored version.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Exactly what I did as soon as it went to $50 on the US Store.
$50 = 29.50 at the current exchange rate, or you can buy a copy in Game for ~40 at best and be asked to buy a warranty on the disk for a quid. No brainer really. It's a game that I'll never trade in, so a digital copy is the best bet.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Pretty sure English stuff isn't censored, you're thinking of Germany. Not that I'm bothered about the colour of multiplayer blood.

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...

Holy Cheese posted:

Pretty sure English stuff isn't censored, you're thinking of Germany. Not that I'm bothered about the colour of multiplayer blood.

There is only one European version unfortunately, so it is censored everywhere that gets that region.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I fully endorse Factions, especially the mode where you only get one life, but be warned that a lot of people were spoiling the game in it so you may want to hold off until you beat the single player if you somehow made it this far without being spoiled already.

I will be picking this up whenever I get paid this week so add me, PSN: SpaceCowLTD.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Factions is amazing. I have yet to encounter another multiplayer experience that puts you in more close matches that could go either way, while also rewarding a look-before-you-leap mentality.

Best played with at least one person you can talk to (or who will listen to you), but the whole thing is so well designed that you can play with nothing but mute strangers and still keep a pretty good bead on what they are up to.

Sanchowest is not only a very eccentric narrator, he's also a badass at Factions and will teach you sweet tips. Here are a few I found useful, though the machete video may be a bit dated after ND nerfed the machete.

SHIV TACTICS
Machete tips
Hunting rifle tips

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jul 29, 2014

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I never really did use the smoke bomb much in the single player campaign but it is absolutely amazing in Factions and is frequently underestimated. You can destroy an entire enemy group with one.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

I never really did use the smoke bomb much in the single player campaign but it is absolutely amazing in Factions and is frequently underestimated. You can destroy an entire enemy group with one.

I do believe that anyone inside smoke radius cannot be marked, as well.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
I'll throw some goon psn tags in the OP since the game is coming out tomorrow.

Rookersh posted:

Yeah just to point out, the DLC is NOT entirely prequel. It takes place after a VERY SPOILERY MOMENT in the main plot.

If you start with the DLC to keep things timeline consistent, it'll spoil an entire ingame season for you. You should not do this, and honestly the OP should have this somewhere in bright flashing letters to make sure new adopters don't start with the DLC.

Whoops, I missed this completely. Added.

Cardboard Fox fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jul 29, 2014

nene.
Aug 27, 2009

power
Anybody else watching the Last of Us Live Event tonight? http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/07/21/watch-the-last-of-us-one-night-live-monday-july-28/

Looks promising, I'll be checking it out to see what suprises Geoff Keighley and Co have in store for Us.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Can't wait to hop into some factions tomorrow. This was my favorite multiplayer game last year.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Cardboard Fox posted:

I'll throw some goon psn tags in the OP since the game is coming out tomorrow.

Whoops, I missed this completely. Added.

I think Left Behind is locked until the game is completed once.

Also, my PSN = snackytongs

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Mentioned it in the What Did You Just Buy thread but I owned this (Survival Edition) on PS3 and obviously a PS3, and an Xbox One and still bought a PS4 yesterday just to play this again. (I did the Gamestop deal to get it for $25) The Last of Us: One Night Live starts in a few minutes. It's on Twitch etc. They said there will be a "surprise for the audience." One can only hope a sequel teaser, but who knows?

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

second-hand smegma posted:

I think Left Behind is locked until the game is completed once.

Oh, yeah, you're right. I guess it doesn't matter then.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

nene. posted:

Anybody else watching the Last of Us Live Event tonight? http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/07/21/watch-the-last-of-us-one-night-live-monday-july-28/

Looks promising, I'll be checking it out to see what suprises Geoff Keighley and Co have in store for Us.

It's starting now for those interested, just doing a promo video talking about the making of the game and the acting now.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Gay

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Oh god this game has so much hat DLC

Also it's gonna be out at midnight EST not PST

Fateo McMurray fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jul 29, 2014

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAhT9gbmOtw

Oh god, they did it. The ultimate ending live.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Holy poo poo they did the alternate ending. :laffo:

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca
Having never seen the 'alternate' ending this is fantastic. Moreso live :allears:

Also to all those playing this game for the first time, I'm very jealous!

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

Ularg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAhT9gbmOtw

Oh god, they did it. The ultimate ending live.

Is this a spoiler? Should I play the game first?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Murvin posted:

Don't watch any of this event if you haven't played the game.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I played the game and I still don't know what that last bit was about

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

The live show was fantastic, makes me want to start playing it again

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Murvin posted:

It's a show where they act out scenes from the game. How is that not a spoiler. I even said "ending". Don't watch it if you haven't played the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I almost bought a PS3 at the end of its life cycle just to play this silly game. TWD is my favourite Vita game, can't imagine I won't love this.

• Locked thread