Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Gory: Gotta add in Silent Night, Deadly Night for axe-murderer santa
Psychological: From Beyond this is more psychological monster, I guess) or the ORIGINAL House on Haunted Hill
Supernatural: The ORIGINAL Thirteen Ghosts or The Entity
Monster: Slither or Alien/Aliens and Predator
Funny: The Puppetmaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Goobish posted:

The mothman prophecies is the only movie that gives me actual chills and goosebumps. It's not even that scary, but I got goosebumps again by just reading about it in this thread. Something about the dude getting in his car and doing that time warp thing just freaks the hell out of me. I can't seem to convince my brain that the mothman doesn't exist :(

actually, Indrid Cold and other beings like him DO exist if you believe in samoan/pacific islander type shamanism. yeah yeah i know goons don't believe in the supernatural whatever, but anyone who is interested in the Mothman Prophecies should pick up a book called Spiritwalker for more of the same

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Smoking Crow posted:

indrid cold, if u actually know mothman lore, was an alien that gave a man special knowledge about the mothman

i don't think the samoans had aliens

who knows how an ancient samoan dude would describe an alien? anyway, there's just a lot of parallels between the way indrid cold was portrayed as this scary creature that ultimately had benevolent intentions and the way that the shaman spirit dudes are described in the book. i do stand by my assertion that if you like the mothman prophecies then you'd probably like spirit walker

anyway, in conclusion, hellraiser I and II both own and are my personal favorite horror movies

• Locked thread