Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

metasynthetic posted:

Not strictly true, there's nothing stopping a fighter from being bow focused, they'll still be better at it than a thief, and the equal or better of a ranger usually. Also those (multiclasses) weren't options.

True, moving on

We need to make sure it's organically grown and the product of fair trade market ethics.

it needs to be a lovingly carved ent wang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Okay on the char changes. Head to the green tree to get out of this filthy human rabble. Maybe nick a epic of hay to chew on.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
poor luv by like 3rd update he is going to throw his arms in the air and scream NEEEEEEEEEEEEERDS, after reading enough of our posts.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

dontcareaboutname posted:

poor luv by like 3rd update he is going to throw his arms in the air and scream NEEEEEEEEEEEEERDS, after reading enough of our posts.

I think it's already baked into the thread by our main character being a :spergin:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

can we growl talk like batman?

This is a good plan. Let's not talk or act like a badass, let's talk and act like somebody who thinks they're talking like a badass and doing a poor job of it.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Chronojam posted:

This is a good plan. Let's not talk or act like a badass, let's talk and act like somebody who thinks they're talking like a badass and doing a poor job of it.

Absolutely. We should be a smug, elf-supremacist goofball.

Be a jerk to other people. Claim to be unfamiliar with the customs of the common races if called on it.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Gaffle posted:

Absolutely. We should be a smug, elf-supremacist goofball.

Be a jerk to other people. Claim to be unfamiliar with the customs of uncivilized savages if called on it.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

I like Luvcow's characterization so far: inexperienced with other cultures, distrustful, slightly xenophobic.
I'd like to see where he wants to take it.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Day 1: Evening in Slom Wol, in the alley by the Greentree Tavern

You decide on trying the Greentree Tavern, clutching your stomach as you break away from the cackling group of women and the ox cart of hay. The smell of a nearby passing Dwarf, sweat and grime mixed with alcohol, wafts deep into your nose. You stutter step for a moment, fumbling towards an alley next to the tavern to collect yourself. Inside the tavern you here boisterous laughter and noise, more clunky human music blaring into the city streets.

A figure emerges from the shadows, startling you. A large shirtless man leers at you and approaches, "left your whore friends behind did you? I ain't got no copper left but I don't think you'd mind givin' up a freebie, no?" His eyes seem to pierce into you, drawing up more bile in your throat. He adjusts his belt and begins to walk towards you, trying his best to block your escape from the darkened alley.

Final version of your starting spell book:
No need to memorize spells, just cast from those known, only one spell per day at level 1
Detect Magic
Feather Fall
Read Languages
Read Magic
Shocking Grasp
Sleep
(Three spells missed out by one vote each; Charm Person, Flame Arrow, and Jump)

Outrail posted:

Haha we have social anxiety. Awesome.

All posts are considered even if not used so at this point it's kind of fitting as she is almost completely crippled with self doubt. Sounds about right for a 1st level elf heading into a human city. I do apologize if I haven't answered everyone's questions yet, I hope to soon.

No matter what anyone here says or does, I am the OP so there is no denying I am the worst nerd itt. :ohdear:

Luvcow fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jul 29, 2014

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
tell him to stop being a communist loving social welfare queen, we don't give handouts. if you can't afford it, bootstrap it son

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
cast sleep on him, then try to recompose yourself and stare down the other tavern patrons.

alternatively we can say yes, and just bite his dick off in public and smoke it like a cigar.

we could also just have a full blown complete black out panic attack.

TOILETLORD fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jul 29, 2014

Rinn
Apr 11, 2007
Too Slow!
College Slice
Wait for him to drop his pants then shocking grasp his dong, obliterating it.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

We don't give handouts but we could totally offer him a totally shocking grasp. Alternatively, sleep-and-loot.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
the good thing is if we cast sleep its an area affect spell so we will look like we walked in and just dropped a ton of people.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
I'd go for shocking grasp but what self respecting elf would deign to touch a filthy human. Sleep and then destroy his pants.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
sob and say "first syphilis and now this"

then offer to give him an electrifying hand beezy

then dip our fingertips in the blood and drag them down our face, making yourself rambo war paint with his dongblood

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Sleepytime for the rapist.

also if we kill him ,shove his dick in his mouth.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Sleepytime for the rapist.

also if we kill him ,shove his dick in his mouth.

I agree with this but don't do it in public. Act like you are one of the whores and get all seductive but tell him you should go to a room before sexing it up. Once you get in the room you should sleep him, steal everything he has, pull his pants off and point the nearest gay rapist to his room to teach him a thing or two about trying to rape people.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

We're not in the tavern yet, just the alley way, so it's just us and the dwarf.

We should save our spell unless we actually need it and try leading off with a "gently caress off dwarf or I'll chop your dick off" sort of thing.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Root: If you go to the city, there will be humans and I know how much you dislike them
Darkmood: I'm not going to the city and if I did I'm not going to touch one
Root: Okay, but you know how humans can be and I know you can't resist a good tavern
Darkmood: I'm not going to the city, no way, never going, and really? Touch a human, how dare you?! What it's not like I'm gunna to go the city and jack one off.
Root: ....
Darkmood: IM NOT GOING TO THE CITY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WKFIDLMliHo
*Darkmood electrically castrates a city rapist *

Hoopaloops
Oct 21, 2005
Yea I would avoid any out and out violence yet to stay on the good side of whatever local law there is. It sounds like we also went with strength over dex, so hopefully we can use that here.

- Draw sword, use strength to hopefully pass some sort of intimidate check. Hoping the sword is enough to show him we mean business.
- As he still advances, cast sleep.
- As sleep fails, then start the rear end-kicked time - this option seems like a great way to end up on the wrong side of a mob or in some sort of town dungeon though.
- After disposing of the guy, still check for any posted flyers or signs outside the tavern related to these borderland troubles; if we're as super anxious we'll want to avoid talking to people whenever possible.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Day 1: Evening in Slom Wol, in the alley next to the Greentree Tavern
The smell of the large man is overpowering as he looms above you and prepares to drop his pants. Your mind races between running or using your magic, shock or sleep. He draws closer and leans in to touch you, his massive hands trying to grab your waist. Instinctively you whisper your incantations and thrust your hand into the center of his sweaty chest. The air around you tingles and shimmers for a brief moment before surging into and through your hand. For a moment you both go rigid, bolts of energy crackling around the man as he grimaces in pain. You get 25 (spell) + 50 (killing the man) = 75xp.

Then it's done, his body collapsing onto the ground, the alley falling into darkness again. You hold your breath as the realization that you have just killed someone washes over you. In the dim light of the alley you see the wisps of his soul climbing out of his body. You whisper a prayer for his spirit as you try again to collect yourself.

"You's a.. a wizard? Did you.... you kill him?" You turn in disbelief to see a small dirty human child staring at you from the entrance to the alley. The music from inside the Greentree Tavern seems to rise in tempo and you can hear the patrons begin to sing along.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Vomit.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Of course not child. He's only sleeping.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
that's what it looks like when you cast "Sleep" kid, it's a wizard thing you wouldn't understand. go back to making shitcastles or whatever you filthy folk do around here

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
"I am, and that's what happens to bad people. Now be good, run along and you saw nothing."
Loot him and move along to the bar, quickly.

jeez, we killed him. Not that I feel bad about killing a rapist but still. Gotta remember that Shocking grasp is lethal

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Arkanomen posted:

jeez, we killed him. Not that I feel bad about killing a rapist but still. Gotta remember that Shocking grasp is lethal

Hey we can still give him that handjob as a consolation prize

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Hey we can still give him that handjob as a consolation prize

I think looking the body is reward enough. Neat that we can see his soul escaping.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Tell the kid "it was self defense, he was a bad man."

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Rinn posted:

Wait for him to drop his pants then shocking grasp his dong, obliterating it.

e: drat, missed the update. oh well.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Tell the kid you had your hand set to stun. That he should be ok in an hour or so and then book it for the inn. Check inside to see if it's at all elf friendly.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Of course not child. He's only sleeping.

This, but laugh evilly after saying this.

Hoopaloops
Oct 21, 2005
- Loot body
- Give loot to kid
- Get kid to tell us what's been going on around town as well as anything else he knows about the town and the goings-about of late

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
"Killed? Watt do you mean? He's only sleeping." Then laugh maniacally. If we're gonna be a wizard, we have to act the part.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

^^^^ Oh poo poo.

metasynthetic posted:

that's what it looks like when you cast "Sleep" kid, it's a wizard thing you wouldn't understand. go back to making shitcastles or whatever you filthy folk do around here

Also toss him a nice twig from our cloak and maybe a piece of copper and send him on his way. Karmic balance, you see.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Hoopaloops posted:

- Loot body
- Give loot to kid
- Get kid to tell us what's been going on around town as well as anything else he knows about the town and the goings-about of late

The child is now an accessory to our crime.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Day 1:Evening in Slom Wol, in the alley by the Greentree Tavern
You growl at the child, channeling the angry voice of your mother when she scolded you as a young elfling, "He's sleeping child. But you should know better than to get involved with wizards..."

He stares at you, terrified, "please ma'am... don't kill me...."

You kneel down and quickly inspect the corpse, finding a small belt pouch with several pieces of dried fruit and a single sticky silver coin. You toss the pouch and it's meager contents to the child and ask him what he knows.

While stuffing the fruit into his mouth and hiding the coin, he begins frantically talking to you, "Crown's Guard has been comin' through, headin' north... Borderlands are goin' crazy, somethin' evil brewin' up there that's got all the old folks scared.... Trouble in the forest too, spirits are angry or somethin' and a lot of the woodsmen don't wanna work no more, a lot of em either headin' south to run away or north to fight..." He munches away on what's left of the dried fruit and then finishes "and somebody saw an elf a few weeks ago in the woods... crazy.... You ever see an elf? Ya me neither... "

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Draw in close to the kid
"You best start believing in elves kid..."
slowly raise your hood to show him your ears
"You're talking to one"
And tell him to scram.
Let's then head to the bar, ask around about the woodland spirits. Sounds like a Root problem and we are on our way to fetch her too.
Two birds with one arrow.

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jul 30, 2014

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Arkanomen posted:

Draw in close to the kid
slowly raise your good to show him your ears
"You're talking to one"
And tell him to scram.
Let's then head to the bar, ask around about the woodland spirits. Sounds like a Root problem and we are on our way to fetch her too.

This is perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Arkanomen posted:

Draw in close to the kid
slowly raise your good to show him your ears
"You're talking to one"
And tell him to scram.

• Locked thread