Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Monstrous Dooklord posted:

Name one show that's ever "come back" that's hasn't been irredeemable over self-referencing horse poo poo. Just hope they quietly let it die and don't try to make a fifth.

Beavis & Butthead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i liked it

close thread

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Name one show that's ever "come back" that's hasn't been irredeemable over self-referencing horse poo poo. Just hope they quietly let it die and don't try to make a fifth.

unpopular opinion: family guy was best in its 2nd and 3rd seasons but it hasn't been too bad since returning

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Attitude Indicator posted:

ANSWER THE GODDAMN QUESTION TUJAGUE!

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
horrible thread

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Benedick Cuckold posted:

i liked it

close thread

Mega64 posted:

Beavis & Butthead

Also correct other than Beavis's voice being too much of a strain sometimes on Mike Judge.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Shadow posted:

It's really simple though. This show's charm and hilarity came from its ensemble cast. You didn't focus on one character, or even a sub-storyline for too long. Due to the non-budget Netflix provided, they couldn't afford more than 2, sometimes 3, of them at a time, it turned into a long waste of time. They should have just gone with a movie or 2-part miniseries.

This plus the intervening plots required multiple viewings to fully understand, but the payoff was not interesting enough for me to ever bother watching through it again. I normally have no problem following complex plotlines but for some reason I had a hard time following Season 4.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

This plus the intervening plots required multiple viewings to fully understand, but the payoff was not interesting enough for me to ever bother watching through it again. I normally have no problem following complex plotlines but for some reason I had a hard time following Season 4.

for me the hardest was the george sr. stuff, partially because of all the oscar switcheroos.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

It's because it was a 2 hour story that took something like 16 to get through. I don't think the plot was "complex," I just think it was dragged out to the point of being tedious.

Like the last season of How I Met Your Mother. They had about 4 episodes of material and dragged it out over something like 18.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I still don't get why George Senior was turning into a lady? Someone said cause the roots were downhill from the portapotty and the lady's birth control poops were getting mixed in?

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

GigaPeon posted:

I still don't get why George Senior was turning into a lady? Someone said cause the roots were downhill from the portapotty and the lady's birth control poops were getting mixed in?

what? oscar mentions that the maca root they were ingesting increases your power when combined with sweating in a lodge. but george skips the lodge and has oscar sub in for him instead, so george gets the opposite effect while oscar gets a doubled one.

this sounds kind of complicated but it was actually pretty obvious if you were even half paying attention, so my advice to you is to maybe actually watch the shows you are watching

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

New Trailer Park Boys is pretty funny

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
nothing new is ever good. sorry

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
mods please probate Tujague for not answering the loving question

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Moola posted:

mods please probate Tujague for not answering the loving question

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Benedick Cuckold posted:

nothing new is ever good. sorry

what about new retro wave?

e:

Attitude Indicator posted:

ANSWER THE GODDAMN QUESTION TUJAGUE!

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Tujague posted:

The last half of Season 3 was lovely for the same reasons. Half of it was callback catch phrases. The show had clearly run out of gas.

Everyone who clamored for its return between seasons 3 and 4 is a corn-fed loving retard which is probably most of you

can we ban bronies from making GBS threads out opinions about media already

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

I screenshotted your custom title to keep a public, permanent record of what some saint went out of their way and spent ten hard-earned dollars on, to let the world know exactly what kind of person you are with every single public announcement you make:

You have parents, Tujague. Two people in this world came together, and you were created as a result. If there were two people in the world who truly deserve to be pampered, cared for and made rich for the rest of their lives, it would be them, or whoever raised you, because you are associated with them for the rest of their lives. True, they did fail in raising you properly, but to have your protégé be a brony who's collection consists of half bondage, half rape; who can't even answer a fellow poster on a forum about a question geared towards their favorite thing, and after being given over two months to do so, it is an absolute wonder if they have not yet committed suicide.

All I ask is that you ANSWER. MY loving. QUESTION. I do not give a poo poo about My Little Pony, but after you ran your loving MOUTH about the last half of Arrested Development Season 3, and I asked you what you thought of the latest season of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, you can AT LEAST, LIKE A loving MAN, step up and answer my GOD DAMNED loving QUESTION. It is NOT HARD, it is about a subject matter that you are CLEARLY WELL VERSED IN, and I SIMPLY WANT TO KNOW.

WHAT DID

YOU THINK

OF

THE LATEST SEASON

OF

MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

gay skull posted:

I screenshotted your custom title to keep a public, permanent record of what some saint went out of their way and spent ten hard-earned dollars on, to let the world know exactly what kind of person you are with every single public announcement you make:

You have parents, Tujague. Two people in this world came together, and you were created as a result. If there were two people in the world who truly deserve to be pampered, cared for and made rich for the rest of their lives, it would be them, or whoever raised you, because you are associated with them for the rest of their lives. True, they did fail in raising you properly, but to have your protégé be a brony who's collection consists of half bondage, half rape; who can't even answer a fellow poster on a forum about a question geared towards their favorite thing, and after being given over two months to do so, it is an absolute wonder if they have not yet committed suicide.

All I ask is that you ANSWER. MY loving. QUESTION. I do not give a poo poo about My Little Pony, but after you ran your loving MOUTH about the last half of Arrested Development Season 3, and I asked you what you thought of the latest season of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, you can AT LEAST, LIKE A loving MAN, step up and answer my GOD DAMNED loving QUESTION. It is NOT HARD, it is about a subject matter that you are CLEARLY WELL VERSED IN, and I SIMPLY WANT TO KNOW.

WHAT DID

YOU THINK

OF

THE LATEST SEASON

OF

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

LifeSizePotato posted:

for me the hardest was the george sr. stuff, partially because of all the oscar switcheroos.

that plotline seemed really weird in context of all of the previous Oscar/George/Lucille stuff

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Arrested development was supposed to be a documentary?

Don Mega
Nov 26, 2005

gay skull posted:

WHAT DID

YOU THINK

OF

THE LATEST SEASON

OF

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

gay skull posted:

WHAT DID

YOU THINK

OF

THE LATEST SEASON

OF

you're taking his av pretty seriously huh

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

ay yo give me a free Av, I'll take anything

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

LifeSizePotato posted:

you're taking his av pretty seriously huh

Well it turns out that hating on Season 4 of Arrested Development isn't controversial in the least around here, so this thread has to live or die on something

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I liked it.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Kinda wondering what the answer is could you answer it?

dundun
Oct 29, 2005
H E R B
Almost all comedy creators have the same issue, they make 2 great seasons of a show and then they go crazy and the rest of their career is poo poo. Mitchell Hurwitz, Dan Harmon, Dave Chappelle, etc...

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
You know what's a funny show? Broad City.

Also, Season 4 of Arrested Development. Maria Bamford has never been funny in anything ever, but does manage to be hilarious as a drug addict.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

gay skull posted:

WHAT DID

YOU THINK

OF

THE LATEST SEASON

OF

RavenKrows
May 29, 2008

gay skull posted:

WHAT DID

YOU THINK

OF

THE LATEST SEASON

OF

I agree speak up or get out, pony fucker.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Well I for one thought Season 3 was great. In season 1 you can tell they're still trying to keep some semblance of a regular sitcom, maybe to ease in viewers or not be cancelled right away, but the show really hit its stride in season 2 and in season 3 they were like "gently caress it let's just go all in" and it resulted in so many great moments, fan service or not.

Don Tacorleone posted:

Arrested development was supposed to be a documentary?
Not really, it's just filmed documentary style. The characters are not aware of the cameras like in The Office.

Joey Gladstone
May 26, 2003

It wasn't the greatest thing on earth, but it was fun and cool to experience history like that happening.

I think it's even cooler to think that a guy could have had a show picked up then subsequently canceled, then become popular enough to have the same show brought back on the air and become successful enough to collaborate with one of, if not the greatest cartoon of all time. He may have also gone on to make some really stupid, bad, comedies but he did bring back Cosmos.

People in this thread have a fiery passionate hate for Mitch Hurwitz which is pretty loving stupid. If you go into any other TV Show thread complaining about it you would be kicked out. It's "cool" to hate Arrested Development but nobody really gives a loving poo poo.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Joey Gladstone posted:

It wasn't the greatest thing on earth, but it was fun and cool to experience history like that happening.

I think it's even cooler to think that a guy could have had a show picked up then subsequently canceled, then become popular enough to have the same show brought back on the air and become successful enough to collaborate with one of, if not the greatest cartoon of all time. He may have also gone on to make some really stupid, bad, comedies but he did bring back Cosmos.

People in this thread have a fiery passionate hate for Mitch Hurwitz which is pretty loving stupid. If you go into any other TV Show thread complaining about it you would be kicked out. It's "cool" to hate Arrested Development but nobody really gives a loving poo poo.
everything you just said is stupid and you care too much in gbs

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

quakster posted:

everything you just said is stupid and you care too much in gbs

caring is cool. otherwise there would be no discussion. but I digress.

ANSWET THE PONY QUESTION TUJAGUE!!!!

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

I liked it even though it wasn't as good as seasons 1-3 because I liked it better than nothing and it wasn't like anyone else was going to rescue it and do it better.

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 689 days!)

i never found ad funny!!!! ever!!!!

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

i never found ad funny!!!! ever!!!!
well, humor is cultural. and since most jokes in arrdev boil down to people interacting like morons, it makes sense for someone who doesn't interact with people to not find it funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Captain_Indigo posted:

I liked it even though it wasn't as good as seasons 1-3 because I liked it better than nothing and it wasn't like anyone else was going to rescue it and do it better.

this, pretty much. It was better than nothing, somewhat enjoyable, and the way they structured the episodes different from season 1_3 kept it intereseting enough. even if it didn't really work

• Locked thread