Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!

Friar John posted:

Talmakos

Talmakos lets out the breath he had been holding in. "You must have lots of friends back in Arolanit," he mutters, more to himself than to Neleos, but he also doesn't try very hard to say it quietly.

After a long pause, Neleos speaks up again. "I did. Not anymore." He turns to Talmakos, his scowl being replaced by a stone-cold mask of a face. "Do not concern yourself with my well being, nor with me, heretic."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
Talmakos

"Heretic-!" Talmakos spits out, almost raising from his seat. But the lyre player enters the courtyard, and Talmakos settles himself back in. "You!" he says, a bit too sharply to the boy, "play The Towers of Taron Hall. I need something to cool my blood, as it is, and unlike some, I appreciate the musical arts."

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Dagram
Hero Points: 3

Seeming amused by the boy's attempted larceny, Dagram offers his advice, "I recommend carrying around a bucket lad. You can stand in it to get a boost up, and use it to help sell the lie if you get caught."

Tindalos
May 1, 2008
Dagram and Taretax
The child turns around, surprised by being discovered. "A-a lift up would be appreciated. A bucket is a good idea as well. I'll consider that for next time." He thinks to himself for a moment. "Are you newcomers to the island? Is it true you've got another one of the blueskins with you? I wasn't able to see the last one." A touch of awe fills his eyes.

Talmakos and Neleos
The boy bows, and begins to play his lyre, playing the ancient Hrestoli song. Before long, Ronalio returns from the kitchen to listen to it.
"Ah, a fellow lover of the classics. You know how hard it was to find a musician who knew it down here? In the end a goatherd's son knew how to play it on the lyre. I'm always hoping to find some other talented musicians who know the classics."

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Talmakos

Talmakos closes his eyes as he listens to the notes. "Indeed, I know well that longing. My father's home used to ring with the sound of players and musicians. I've always wanted to find a singer who could properly proclaim The Three Horsemen, as I heard it from the old master Macrinus the six-fingered, many years ago at this point. Too many nowadays sing with that nasally voice, though it be popular in the League and the usurper's realms as I hear it. Better the slow pace and fluid tones, as our fathers heard it, I say."

Dumnbunny
Jul 22, 2014

Luc

Luc thanks the worker, staying kneeling for a moment, blinking his eyes. He stands and stretches out his muscles, then gestures for Halifor to follow as he heads for Ronalio's manor. He makes his way past the soldiers at the door asking about their evening, and looks for a nice bench in the courtyard. He sits, breathes deeply the garden's fragances, smiles, and closes his eyes, the better to enjoy the fragrances and the better to listen to conversations.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Daros

His meditation done, Daros nods acknowledgement to the servant, then rises and heads to Ronalio's manor.

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
Adelbrand can't say he is too disappointed that the heretic who called himself a Reader did not wish to continue their conversation. He had some questions for the man, but they could surely wait - and the talar, though also heretical, is certainly more pleasant company. So he wastes no more time in heading for the manor. While an impressive structure by the standards of this island, Adelbrand could not help but compare it in his head to the estates on the Mainland, not least of them being his father's. It is not a favourable comparison, but for once the zzaburi manages to keep that to himself.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Zarasha trots after Daros, jingling and rattling with the bells and beads in her clothing.

"Lord Darosssss. Allow this one the pleasure of walking with you?"

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Taretax

"Aye, I seen blue 'un. By gum this island's filled wi' them lot, seems to me" Taretax glances round and lowers his voice consiprationally, addressing both Dagram and the boy- "are they proper like, t' blueskins? Only I 'eard some lads on skip name 'em devils... Sailors, eh?" He chuckles half-heartedly but waits sincerely for an answer while blushing a deep green. He'd actually never heard a shipmate mention anything of the sort, but his great-grandfather had told him tales of Zzabur and the God Learners, who were pure Malkioni who had become devils due to their maleficent ways.

Regardless of any response, Taretax breaks the spooky aura surrounding their conversation and springs forwards to create a step using his hands to let the boy up.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Dagram

"Aye, there's another blueskin about," Dagram says. "Ain't got much to tell 'bout him though. Don't seem to be much for talking, that one."

Tindalos
May 1, 2008
Dagram and Taretax
"Full of them? But wasn't it just two? Or do you mean the fro-, er, natives? They're green like you, although they rarely come to Tholos, and they're all ugly as a toad."

He accepts your boost and soon is peaking over the top of the wall of the manor. "Ooh they're in the garden. I think I see him. Oh!" he quickly ducks back down. "Sorry. I almost got seen by my father."

Zarasha, Daros, Adelbrand, Luc, Talmakos, Neleos
Finally the awkward atmosphere between Neleos and Talmakos is broken when the others return, Zarasha dogging Daros' steps.

"Excellent, the last of my guests have arrived. I shall go check on the food." He ducks back into the kitchen as several workers come out from other places to set up several brass tables.

Neleos
While attempting to ignore Talmakos' inquiries, Neleos has been focusing on his environment using his runic sight. A flicker of movement takes him by surprise, not so much for its suddenness, but for its impossibility.
Neleos rolls Runic Sight 20. 16 vs 19. Minor Victory.
You saw someone just outside the manor, someone with the potential for wizardry, not the wizards of the mortals, but someone who could truly follow in the footsteps of Zzabur, even if they do not share his lineage.

Tindalos fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Aug 6, 2014

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Neleos

His eyes growing wider at the realization of what he just saw, Neleos abruptly stands up, his hat almost falling off from the speed of it.

Securing his hat, he steps away from the bench and table, his eyes never moving away from the eastern wall (and nearly knocking over a servant passing by at that time) as he takes several long steps towards it, apparently not content on stopping. People near him could hear him mutter arcane and strange words under his nose.

As he approached the wall, Neleos' incantation grew audibly loud and, in a moment, he vanished, seemingly stepping through a rip in the air.

Neleos uses the spell Teleport Short Distances from his grimoire Opposing Mythical Representations.

Outside the wall

For better or worse, Neleos appears a meter away from Taretax, Dagram and the kid, with his back turned towards them. He whips around, his eyes fixating on the young man. "Child. You will come inside and we will talk." Dignifying the other two with a look he addresses them as well "You two should also come inside, I understood the invitations to this feast were addressed towards all of us."

Jenx fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Aug 6, 2014

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

When she walked into the manor garden, she saw the bench with the Man-of-All and the zzaburi. There was a tension in the space between the two, as if the Great Living Rune had descended onto this ugly rock of an island and performed a second Closing. One would have to be very foolhardy to try and interfere in their feud.

She immediately sat down between them, bowing first to the Brithini and then to the Hrestoli.

"Lord Talmakossss. What a pleasure it is to see you again. Is that Taron Hall playing?"

Then the wizard had to spoil dinner by disappearing through the wall. Zarasha's hand disappeared around to her back, as she fought hardened instincts telling her to reach for her stiletto.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

Dagram

Dagram simply stares at the bizarre scene. "Well, can't say I expected that," he states flatly. "Guess you get a better look than you were expecting eh lad?"

After a moment, the fact that the blue man was actually addressing him sinks in. "Oh aye," he offers lamely. "Guess we should at that."

Not wanting to further draw the strange and intensely odd wizard further, Dagram heads indoors in search of dinner and wine. Mostly wine.

Dumnbunny
Jul 22, 2014

Luc

At the sound of the brithini stalking across the courtyard, Luc opens his eyes, watching as he vanishes through the rip in the air. Halifor cocks his head, staring at the space formerly occupied by the brithini. Luc absent-mindedly plays with his beard. That was an interesting spell. And he was quite intent on something, but what? Ah, dinner time it would appear. He gets out of the way of the workers, watching as they set up the brass tables, and occasionally glancing back at the spot where the brithini dissapeared.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Taretax

"Two's more than I e'er seen lad. I 'eard about toad-men though- nowt to do wi' me, they doesn't come better lookin' than I" Taretax winks at the boy genially then hoists him up the wall. When the boy speaks Tretax tuts as he mentions hiding from his father typical adolescent and begins walking towards the entrance, only to see one of the aforementioned blues- the one from the boat- the potential God Learner standing right behind him. Had he been spying on their conversation with his magic? Taretax wonders. He stares at Neleos while he emotionlessly addresses the child, when the wizard's cold eyes meet Taretax, he could not help but think of the more dangerous creatures he'd met whilst fishing, things with pointy teeth.

Not knowing how to respond, he simply nods at Neleo's invitation and follows awkwardly behind, giving sympathetic glances to the child whom seemed to be in greater danger of involvement with this towering being.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Neleos

When the others head towards the door, Neleos simply starts walking along side them. As they walk, he turns his head towards the young boy and speaks up. "Who is your father, child? I will talk to him as well, for his presence is required."

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Talmakos

Talmakos smiles and nods at the worker's question. What was her name again? But his answer is cut short by Neleos teleporting himself outside the courtyard. "No manners in that one, that's for sure."

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
Adelbrand arrives just in time to see Neleos disappear. He is nonplussed, but stands back to watch the servants go about their appointed tasks - always a relaxing and, indeed, inspiring sight.

Tindalos
May 1, 2008
Talmakos, Daros, Luc, Zarasha, Adelbrand
The workers are startled by the wizard's sudden disappearance, but soon rally with only a moderate amount of yelling by the major domo and a minimum of dropped platters as the food begins to arrive.

The meal is simple and functional. There's not a trace of beef, disappointing Talmakos and Daros a fair bit, both being used to the more plentiful food their rank affords. Instead there's minted goat, spiced rice dishes, a large variety of fish, fresh vegetables and crispbreads. Despite this, there is plenty available, and it's filling.
"I apologize for the lack of rich foods. What cattle the farmers have are used solely for farming, and traders are reluctant to come here. A situation which should hopefully change soon," he bows at Daros. A servant pours everyone some wine, and Ronalio is about to offer a toast when a guard appears and whispers in his ear (in a complete disregard for proper caste protocol). He sighs, "I will return soon, I'm needed at the front gate. Until then, may Giraine prosper and grow rich beneath the gaze of Malkion!", he takes a sip of wine and heads off.

Neleos, Dagram, Taretax
The boy looks uncomfortable under the powerful gaze of the Brithini. "Uh, sure?" He follows you as you make your way around to the entrance once more. The guards are shocked by Neleos' reappearance and hold you at the gate while one of them goes to fetch Ronalio.

"My, uh, my name's Midos, my father..." he trails off a the guard returns.

Ronalio bows at Neleos, Dagram and Taretax. "Forgive me for the wait, honoured guests. My guards were just surprised to see Neleos return before he had left. He smiles at this poor attempt at humour.

"I see you have met my son. Midos, does your mother know you are here?"

Tindalos fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Aug 7, 2014

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Neleos

Rising an eyebrow, Neleos looks at Ronalio, then down at Midos. "Your son, you say. I see." He looks back towards Ronalio and actually gives him a noticeable nod. Not so much a bow, but still a sign he acknowledges him. "I will speak to you regarding your son's future, and his position in the Law. We will do this either now, or after dinner."

As they enter back into the mansion, Neleos again turns to Ronalio. "I will, of course, require food is without meat in it, and someone to present it to me...." he makes a pause, turning towards Midos, as if offering the explanation to him, rather to his father. "...a Zzaburi should not be using his own hands for manual labor such as this, for it is against the Law."

Neleos then takes a seat and, unless someone addresses him, will wait for a servant to arrive and he will start eating.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Talmakos

Talmakos does his best to reassure Ronalio - "Have no fear, you don't need to apologize for yourself!" As he takes a bite of the goat, he washes it down with some wine. "It's still good!"

As the group from the front gate come in, he rolls his eyes at Neleos. "You could always use your hands, as I've heard some of the fools of the 'kingdom' do," he says, directing his pointed comment to both Neleos and Adelbrand.

Without lingering on his point, he looks to Ronalio. "Ah, your son, I presume? Will your wife be joining us then?"

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

Zarasha stops, a spoon of rice halfway to her mouth.

"Pardon this one, blessed wizard lord, but are you saying that you require a servant to feed you?"

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Neleos

Gritting his teeth, in the end Neleos replies to Talmakos' question. "I have heard of this as well, and it might very well be true you can eat with your own hands, but one must be cautious when dealing with the Law."

Neleos stands, stiff a statue in the middle of the courtyard for quite some time, obviously having some internal debate with himself. Even if he heard Zarasha's question, it doesn't seem he is going to answer any time soon.

"No..." it is not obvious, at first, who this is directed at, but he continues anyway. "..I am saying that the Law forbids me of using tools for myself, and these utensils are nothing, if not tools." Neleos looks around at the servants in the courtyard, them frowns and shakes his head. "None here, however, are proper food servants, and as such that would be a bigger breach of the Law, than what I will do instead."

Neleos finally sits down, and using pieces of bread he forms little bowls which he then uses to scoop up rice and vegetables.

Dumnbunny
Jul 22, 2014
Luc

Luc appreciatively samples a little of all the dishes, but focusses on the fish, especially those unfamiliar to him. He also samples the minted lamb, surreptitiously sharing it with Halifor under the table. While enjoying the meal, he observes Neleos dealing with the challenges this foreign environment introduces into what would otherwise be a simple process. He nods to the brithini: "I suspect you and I would disagree on a great many things, but I must admire the courage of your convictions."

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Taretax

Taretax stares at Zarasha in befuddlement "This one"? he thinks, She ought to give herself more respect, or is that just her funny way of talking? Surely she isn't offering her services to that blue... For all he knew, the wizard's behaviour was perfectly normal, but Zarasha's actions and speech seemed extraordinary and alien and made him rather uncomfortable. He listened to the table's conversation for a little while, but found it boring and unfamiliar, luckily he could distract himself by the incredible feast set before him. He cautiously picks at the strange foods but finds himself grimacing at the peculiar aromas and flavours; laden with pungent spices or drenched in awful liquids, they were surely unpalatable for any but those who had been forced to eat this sort of thing poor yellows have probably never had a good roast bass he thinks. As he gnaws away at the few familiar food items on the table, he continues to stare bluntly at Zarasha, curious as to what antics she would get up to next, only occasionally glancing at the unfortunate Lord's son.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Neleos

As he continues to eat, Neleos tries to split his attention between Ronalio, Talmakos, Taretax, Zarasha and, mostly, to Midos, so at first he does not even register Luc's question. After a moment he does stop eating and say, in a hard, but oddly non-hostile voice. "Yes, convictions are needed. My time outside of my home has been difficult, but my mission and my research are of greater importance than my own personal comfort. So I endure."

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
Adelbrand listens to Neleos' explanation attentively, with poorly concealed admiration. The Brithini are wise when it comes to caste - even though they are mistaken on the nature of the Invisible God, and even though this one in particular has clearly strayed in some way. There is much to be learned from him.

Filing the Brithini's solution to the present dilemma away for the moment and not wishing to embarrass himself (and, by extension, the Rokari Church) with unskilled imitation, Adelbrand proceeds to eat with his hands - a semi-aware retort to Talmakos. "I think abstaining from the use of tools should be enough, at least in present circumstances," the Knower says with somewhat affected confidence, into the air. He focuses on the rice and bread, allowing himself to snap up a few vegetables too. He does not eat much, in the end, stretching out what he does take, and makes sure to pay attention to others present at the table, occasionally glaring at those who seem to misbehave - Luc in particular receiving a mildly disappointed look for touching meat.

Luckily for Luc, the Brithini's next words distract Adelbrand before he could say anything in reproach. "What is this research?" the Rokari asks, rather artlessly - partly because this was his wont and partly because he has been pondering what might bring one of Zzabur's people to this island for a while now. "Perhaps I could be of some assistance..."

In the light of new revelations about my character... Spending 1 Hero Point to add a Brithini Heritage ability at 13.

advokat fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 7, 2014

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Neleos

Squinting at Adelbrand with eyes that seem to go right through him, Neleos stops and thinks for a while, before replying. "You might be. Time will show your usefulness in my mission, but this is neither the time nor place to discuss it."

Neleos will attempt to use his Runic Sight to discern something more about Adelbrand's character, and how suitable he might be

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

Unable to contribute to such tricky and no-doubt fascinating theological discussion as What Does And Does Not Constitute A Tool, Zarasha gets back to eating, waiting for an opportunity to get the attention of one of the Nobles at the table. She eagerly helps herself to the goat, stripping meat from bone with skillful fingers.

She notices that the other Worker, the one green as the Brithini is blue, is staring at her. She meets his stare and gives him a long smile, baring teeth.

Down With People fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Aug 8, 2014

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Daros

Daros, taking the position that a tool is used to do work, and that dining is pleasure, enjoys his goat without worrying about who can feed him. And the meal is a pleasure. Oh, there are limitations, of course. There's no beef served, only lesser meats, and the food isn't sufficiently spiced, but the fish is good, the goat is so tender that it could almost be mistaken for lamb, and the vegetables and salads are plentiful.

"Oh, think nothing of it", he reassures Ronalio between bites. "This is all most excellent, and I'm sure that, as the colony develops, your table will be even better, if that's even possible", he says with a smile. When Ronalio is summoned away from the table to the gate, he looks up curiously, but is confident that whatever the issue is, it will be resolved soon. It is when looking up that he notices Zarasha looking at Taretax.

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 8, 2014

Tindalos
May 1, 2008
Ronalio seats himself down on a brass chair, his son next to him, and as others may notice, carefully on the side furthest from the Brithini.
"My wife... she makes her own plans. I don't doubt she will arrive soon when she learns that Midos is here." he seems to have aged a year in the brief moment he has been outside.
"As for food servants, I will see that we have some if we have another feast. I must admit, I have had little interaction with wizards myself, so I was not aware of this problem."

Seeking more pleasing topics of conversation, he turns to Daros. "If I may be so crass as to speak of business, your ship is a trading vessel, is it not? I was hoping to inquire as to what items you trade in, and those that you seek, in case we possess them, and can mutually strengthen each other."

Adelbrand does not resist when Neleos turns his piercing gaze to him. Baring his soul to the Brithini's sight.

Neleos rolls Runic Sight 20 against a very low resistance. 12 vs 12, a Minor Victory.

The runic energies that make up the Knower's soul begin to resolve into patterns, here his lower soul, the most physical aspect of him. Even this is barely material the Fire of the sun rising to meet his higher soul, the pure light of Truth, merging together, both fall under the command of Law, his over soul. He is your mirror: Uncompromising where you are evasive, pious where you are rational, illuminating where you are occluded. The power of wizardry flows through him strongly, he will either be a great ally, or a dangerous foe.

As a heads up, in case the recruiting thread falls into the abyss, I ask everyone to copy their character sheets into their first post in this thread. Just so they are safe. Thank you

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Neleos

As his gaze returns to normal, Neleos simply nods towards Adelbrand and says. "We will discuss this matter at a later time."

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Taretax

Taretax tightens a little under Zarasha's devilish grin and immediately looks towards his plate abashedly in an obvious feign to divert her attention. This is silly he thinks to himself, "So eh," he starts, only to realise that he'll have to continue on talking now that he's begun, he attempts an inoffensive question to break the ice; far more tactful than the many potentially offensive and certainly offensive questions running through his head. "Wha' brings thee t' island?" he ventures, he looks her up and down and then adds "Interestin' garb" cautiously.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

Zarasha tilts her head back and laughs a rich laugh, like silver in the air.

"What a charming accent! This one has never heard it before, and she has traveled as far north as Safelster and as far east as Maniria."

"This humble thing, this Zarasha, has come to Giraine to ply her trade. She has memorised Amaril's Anthology back-to-front-and-back-again, and she has a story for every star in the sky. And she sings, and she dances."

Suddenly, she jumps up onto the bench, standing on her toes.

"Do you like what she wears? A trobairitz prides herself on her appearance and manner, in that order."

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Taretax

Well, he certainly wasn't expecting the laughter, but of course one couldn't really expect anything from this person it seemed. "Heh. Well. Ta very much like" Taretax settles into a more comfortable position and talks casually "I play down dialect, tha'd understand as much as ants know brass if'n I didn't... I'm from East of Old Woswal, city used to be a biggun- nowt but ruins now. I 'eard thee sing on skip though, tha has a bonnier voice than I e'er listened to, if y' doesn't mind me sayin' err, miss".

Zarasha introduces herself, and Taretax would have done likewise if not for her suddenly jumping onto the bench to flaunt her dress She isn't just improper, but also mad! he thinks. Not knowing what to do, he attempts to cajole her into sitting down. If she is mad, then she might snap and so a gentle approach was needed "Zarasha, tha has a lovely dress and tha's more talent than anyone else in West. Why doesn't thy have a seat an' we'll speak of it", he offers a caring smile that one might give a child and gestures towards her seat.

"I'm Taretax love, Guild o' Shipwrights. 'tis a pleasure"

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

Dagram

With all the wizard chatter taking place, Dagram takes a pointed interest in his meal. It is a good meal, as most free dinners tend to be. It is most certainly not hindered by the very strange and forceful blue man speaking of missions and important research, not at all.

Of course, even Dagram's ability to actively ignore his surroundings has limits. So when the oddly friendly woman leaps up to dance as if this were a tavern, he suddenly realizes he didn't drink nearly enough before attending.

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
"As you wish," Adelbrand inclines his head briefly in response to Neleos, breaking away their eye contact. He feels odd as a result of this brief exchange, but soon reassures himself: he has nothing to hide, while working together with the Brithini might expand his insight greatly. On reflection, being sent to this island might turn out to be fortunate after all.

His mood buoyed, he takes on some of the less familiar vegetables as well, casting a brief look of confusion and vague reproach at Zarasha's sudden movement. Entertainers have their place in society, of course, but this sort of spontaneity is hardly to be approved, especially at a lord's dwelling! He glances wordlessly at Ronalio, to see how the talar would react.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tindalos
May 1, 2008
Ronalio's jaw drops at Zarasha's display and he almost drops the goat he was eating a moment before. He's either shocked by her lack of decorum, or enraptured by her artistry. This is why he doesn't notice until a servant brings it to his attention that there's a new guest at the feast.

"Ah, Ronalio, ever getting distracted by a beautiful lady.", at the entrance to the garden stands a noblewoman, clad in gold and silk and beaming joyously at Ronalio. She turns to you all and bows.

"I bow to the divine within you. I am Isobel Surianid, Ronalio's wife, Midos' mother, and dutiful servant to the Invisible God." she goes over to Ronalio who rises to greet greet her, chastely to avoid causing a stir.

"It is good to see you Isobel. I did not know if you would join us. You may wish to speak with Neleos", he gestures at the Brithini. "He has some... concerns about our son that you should be involved in as well."

Isobel nods, and heads off to talk with the wizard, while offering Zarasha a hand down of the bench. "Now now, I know the temptation is to entertain all, but surely an artist like yourself knows that a performer is at their best when they have a true patron to entertain." she smiles warmly as she chastises her.

Meanwhile, Ronalio returns to discussing things with his fellow nobles. "Oh, Talmakos, while I was in the kitchen, my scribe found me. He has found a reference to Nether Ripon, it was indeed on Giraine. Which is fortunate, so many lands having been lost in the shattering. As far as we can tell it is to the north of here, but he is still scouring maps and records we salvaged when Tholos was rebuilt."

• Locked thread