Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
bruce springsteen is good if you don't agree then you are bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
You can tell if someone has ever had to work hard before because chances are they'll like the boss. He sings songs for the everyman worker. He's like a slightly more modern Tennessee Ernie Ford.
Oh you don't know who that is, go back to listening to your indies and your biebers

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

Crow Jane posted:

The thing is, though, the everyman worker doesn't necessarily like to listen to songs about how much it sucks to be an everyman worker

Still, at least it's music they can sorta identify with. Not everyone really gives a poo poo about indie retard whinebag stuff like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuHSD90kbhg
whoaaaa so deeeep brooo, i totally also do completely banal poo poo all the time!

Sidenote: tom waits is pretty great, but he's a little less accessible. Some of his stuff is pretty weird after all

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Tom waits is good drinking alone in the dark music

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

NiceGuy posted:

I'm not even a Springsteen dick-rider like some but if you don't consider that a decent piece of song-writing I don't know what to tell ya. I think the fact that so goddamned many people missed the entire point of the song shows that it does have a little depth to it (also that people are loving stupid but that's a different argument)

the second I hear someone say "USA" I just start yelling and clapping and chanting USA USA USA between gulps of my soda

• Locked thread