Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

Quickscope420dad posted:

Regardless of the validity of this statement, it does not affect the fact that his music sounds like the inside of a well-cancered dog anus

says the man with the lady gaga avatar?

His radio hits are all very samey. He sorta developed a certain "sound" for the radio, and its what all of his hits sound like from Thunder Road straight through to Wrecking Ball.

HOWEVER

His non single tracks are all over the place musically. Jungleland is this fantastic sprawling epic of a song with a shiver inducing sax-solo. Darkness on the Edge of Town is one of the best songs ever written. The entirety of the Nebraska album. The entirety of Ghost of Tom Joad. both of those are really different from Human Touch/Tunnel of Love.

I will say he's far better with the E Street Band rather than without. And pre born in the usa is for sure better than post born in the usa. (With the exception of the song The Rising, which makes my hair stand on end and makes me tear up, but that may just be the context with which I first heard the song).

also, Tom Waits meets the Jersey Shore in an album I'm not quite sure what to make of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPvI75rQBpo

The fact that Jukes are like 90% of Conans band is the best part of Conan.

Dr Jankenstein fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Aug 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread