Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
I'm here to say that Bruce Springsteen is poo poo and to have a cool time with friends

and i'm all out of friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
"Booorrrn in the USAAAA
Cucked, now i've turned gay heyyy"

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Count Freebasie posted:

The best is how the Republicans used that as their theme song during the Reagan years and how people thought it was a declaration of how awesome America is without actually listening to the song and understanding what it's about. Kind of like how some moron's used James Blunt's "You're Beautiful" as their wedding dance song without listening to the lyrics and only hearing him say "You're beautiful" over and over. And it's not like Springsteen was being obtuse and deceptive (the way that Satan is so adept at). (5)

Yeah I know about that but as a musician who gets real frustrated over trying super hard not to write derivative crap his levels of success vs the quality of his music is just really depressing to me

tl;dr Bruce Springsteen is loving bad

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

The Fattest PI posted:

bruce springsteen is good if you don't agree then you are bad

I disagree, and think that bruce springsteen is bad and if you don't agree you are also bad.

But not liking springsteen doesn't necessarily make you good.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Theophany posted:

gently caress yeah, the Boss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc-xXOE1Jws

Along with Warren Zevon, Jackson Browne, Bonnie Raitt and The Eagles. Good loving music.

That is a loving terrible song and you need new ears

I mean it's literally loving worse than this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJi4bln-hHQ

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

I enjoyed the first 1.03 of that and then he solo'd too much and then started singing to boot

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Homestar Runner posted:

Dream Theater belong in the Nickleback thread and are in fact cited in said Nickelback thread. Many times. how bout make a non-stupid comparison

I would agree that the comparison is stupid if it weren't for the fact that Springsteen also belongs in the Nickeleback thread

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

When you think about it Bruce 'the Boss' Springsteen is the musical equivalent of custard.

I guess that's true except that custard is a good and worthwhile thing to consume

I guess it's not true

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Whorelord posted:

dont troll plz

Bruce Springsteen is really bad though

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Whorelord posted:

except he's actually pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsEkhy7fGLw

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Whorelord posted:

good tune, not one of my favourites like this is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzzOs0Da43Y

I'm 3 minutes in; when it does it stop being junk?

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Whorelord posted:

sorry that you've fallen to the cold nihilist goon virus

kill you'reself it's for the better

Nah I just really don't like Bruce Springsteen and think it's mediocre garbage that people hail as amazing when it's the opposite?

I'm not a nihilist though, let's hug?

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Robo Reagan posted:

Insightful & original ty

yw want some more?

Bruce Springsteen is transethnophobic white privilege music for people who think they have it tough in the west and also have no taste in music and their ears don't work properly

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

exquisite tea posted:

Bruce Springsteen told the most defining figure in American conservatism to gently caress off while both were at the height of their popularity, all leftist goons have ever done is talk a big revolutionary game while twiddling their thumbs about how big and scary and MEAN those republicans are.

Regardless of the validity of this statement, it does not affect the fact that his music sounds like the inside of a well-cancered dog anus

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Gobblecoque posted:

have you ever considered that you probably have no actual musical talent

Whether or not I have musical talent makes no difference to the fact that Springsteen is poo poo

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

exquisite tea posted:

Let's hear your music, Quickscope420dad.

yeah because people who like an artist i think is dirt poo poo are going to have anything positive to say about my music

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

etalian posted:

nope, songs like Born in the USA are more about the working class being abused and manipulated by the elites through things such as jingo patriotism.

The Reagan campaign used it for their campaign ad soundbites and had to be told by Springsteen to stop using his song.

Born down in a dead man's town
The first kick I took was when I hit the ground
You end up like a dog that's been beat too much
Till you spend half your life just covering up
Born in the U.S.A.
I was born in the U.S.A.
I was born in the U.S.A.
Born in the U.S.A.
Got in a little hometown jam so they put a rifle in my hand
Sent me off to a foreign land to go and kill the yellow man
Born in the U.S.A.
I was born in the U.S.A.
I was born in the U.S.A.
I was born in the U.S.A.
Born in the U.S.A.
Come back home to the refinery
Hiring man says "son if it was up to me"
Went down to see my V.A. man
He said "son don't you understand now"
Had a brother at Khe Sahn fighting off the Viet Cong
They're still there he's all gone
He had a woman he loved in Saigon
I got a picture of him in her arms now
Down in the shadow of penitentiary
Out by the gas fires of the refinery
I'm ten years burning down the road
Nowhere to run ain't got nowhere to go
Born in the U.S.A.
I was born in the U.S.A.
Born in the U.S.A.
I'm a long gone daddy in the U.S.A.
Born in the U.S.A.
Born in the U.S.A.
Born in the U.S.A.
I'm a cool rocking daddy in the U.S.A.

deep

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

exquisite tea posted:

Super talented goon with deep, meaningful music that I can't show to anybody seeking like-minded female to share my life with. Email is in the profile, HMU if interested.

Lol

tbh I wouldn't mind sharing something if i could offer a non-soundcard based recording, but I am waiting for my new sound interface to arrive in the post. Maybe then I'll give you something to ridicule!

les fleurs du mall fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

comes along bort posted:

you'd think a guy who supposedly cares about the working man would charge a little less than $70 for his cheapest tickets

• Locked thread