Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Did all of you people who watched the squee forget that it ended in the squeer's vaporisation? Because that was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

SirSamVimes posted:

Did all of you people who watched the squee forget that it ended in the squeer's vaporisation? Because that was good.

Yeah, Missy takes out both geeks in quick succession. It's very satisfying.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Elotana posted:

Last Christmas isn't just the best Christmas special it's one of my favorite episodes of Who, period

I'll put it like this-- I hated what I had seen of Season 8, caught some of Last Christmas, and immediately went back to watch the whole thing because it's that exceptionally good. It really should have been Clara's last episode though because I doubt anything else they do can top it as an exit.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I hope it's not a Amy/Rory case of staying past the point where it would have been logical to end the story, but Coleman and Capaldi are so good together I don't even care.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Soothing Vapors posted:

I hope it's not a Amy/Rory case of staying past the point where it would have been logical to end the story, but Coleman and Capaldi are so good together I don't even care.

If anything this is the opposite of Amy/Rory because they had an established out like 3-4 times before it actually happened. With Clara you had sort of the end of Kill the Moon and then the ending of Death in Heaven (but they're both lying).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Pretty sure Hitler's body was cremated.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

The_Doctor posted:

But they saved Hitler's brain!

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

The_Doctor posted:

Is it technically cremation if you're just set on fire?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Fil5000 posted:

Is it technically cremation if you're just set on fire?

I dunno, cremation is just cremation - at a funeral home in a special oven or being covered in gasoline and set alight in the street outside the Fuhrerbunker, it's all the same.

P.S. Watch Downfall, but don't do it like my friend did and take his dad to watch it on his birthday. Not a happy time film.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Espilae posted:

I dunno, cremation is just cremation - at a funeral home in a special oven or being covered in gasoline and set alight in the street outside the Fuhrerbunker, it's all the same.

P.S. Watch Downfall, but don't do it like my friend did and take his dad to watch it on his birthday. Not a happy time film.

... Did he think it would be?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Fil5000 posted:

... Did he think it would be?

I have no goddamn idea, I mean I think he and his dad really like foreign films so that might have been a reason but still, it's not like what happens in it isn't a matter of loving historical record or anything

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Espilae posted:

I recently watched Dead Space: Downfall but that's about it. (Yes I know which one you're talking about)

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Trojan Kaiju posted:

I'm choosing to believe that that scene was just Moffat maliciously murdering the shows more obnoxious fans after personifying them as an extremely evil person.

Moffat has form for making fun of people who likes his television programmes

surc
Aug 17, 2004

What does Moffat having form mean in this context please. I live in California; we only kind of speak English.

E: I assume it is a compliment, but am not sure if I agree or not.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Someone having form means they've got a criminal record, so just like a prior history.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Review's going up tonight

it's the final one, so you know

deuces

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Not doing the new upcoming season?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Not until he's reviewed season 8 as a whole then ranked the doctors, seasons and episodes one more time :getin:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
It's the end...

but the moment has been prepared for.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

SirSamVimes posted:

Not doing the new upcoming season?

Oh, well, yes, but that's months from now

so

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

DoctorWhat posted:

It's the end...

but the moment has been prepared for.

AHA

its a quote from the show!

nice one

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Toxxupation posted:

Oh, well, yes, but that's months from now

so

That's a funny way to spell "three weeks".

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
You still have 8 Doctors to go, m8

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Big Mean Jerk posted:

You still have 8 Doctors to go, m8

9, obviously he has to do the Shalka Doctor.

No he doesn't

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

surc posted:

What does Moffat having form mean in this context please. I live in California; we only kind of speak English.

E: I assume it is a compliment, but am not sure if I agree or not.

The first episode of series 3 of Sherlock had an extended sequence that mocked people that liked Sherlock sufficiently to try and work out how the cliffhanger (Sherlock throwing himself off a building) would be resolved.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Toxxupation posted:

deuces

I hope the footprint you leave will be light, but apposite.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

CobiWann posted:

I hope the footprint you leave will be light, but apposite.

oh you

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Jsor posted:

9, obviously he has to do the Shalka Doctor.

No he doesn't

There is the Peter Cushing Doctor to do as well, though!

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012

MrL_JaKiri posted:

The first episode of series 3 of Sherlock had an extended sequence that mocked people that liked Sherlock sufficiently to try and work out how the cliffhanger (Sherlock throwing himself off a building) would be resolved.

It turned out the correct answer was "dumb bullshit", which was a good intro for series 3 as a whole.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Toxxupation posted:

deuces

Awww, he doesn't want it to end.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Jsor posted:

Awww, he doesn't want it to end.

He doesn't like endings...

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Well Manicured Man posted:

That's a funny way to spell "three weeks".
I dunno, I'd almost rather wait a few months so that we can build our own weird "consensus" opinions on episodes before seeing what Toxx thinks.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Last review!? Surely everyone knows the next series is under 3 weeks away?

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Treat every review like last review.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
And rant like no-one's toxxing.

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Xenoborg posted:

Treat every review like last review.

Flea Wars posted:

And rant like no-one's toxxing.

Some good thread title fodder here.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

deuces

I forget, but did you ever watch An Adventure In Time and Space? Because even if you don't review it (and there really is no need since it isn't Who proper) I think you would find it really interesting, getting into the details of how the show was made.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Toxx has likely passed the MGSV event horizon and is now trapped in a Kojima hole

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

The La Li Lu Le Lo?!?!?!

I hate those loving games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
A Kojima Hole...?

• Locked thread