Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

Grouchio posted:

I hope you two like this 'runaway bride' and such next episode.

Oh my God it is really not hard to not talk about spoilers. Do not post in this thread if you can't not mention anything that happens in the future. --Annakie

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Sep 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

Toxxupation posted:

1) yes 2) the reason many Americans have not watched broadchurch is because they don't know it exists, BBC America is a cable-only channel that's deep, DEEP in most cable packages-channel 150 at the earliest most of the time -with generally unpopular programming outside of, arguably, doctor who

Contrast to FOX, which everyone gets if they have a tv and an antenna

Unless you have a basement apartment. gently caress that, I couldn't get but two channels OTA when I lived in a basement. BBC America counts as a Premium channel that's not in most cable packages here, as well. It doesn't cost more, but it's usually only in the higher tiers of service. And did BBCA air Broadchurch? Every time I go past it, it's either Top Gear reruns, Stark Trek TNG reruns, or Who reruns. Graceland looks like a great remake of it, even if hearing Tennant with an american accent is just...weird. Even in Fright Night he got to keep the scottish thing.

Really glad you like Donna too. She's the bestest. Especially after Rose, having this shouty thing shouting at him for an hour was fantastic and the greatest way to change the tone and show "Rose not here, this is different!" Catherine Tate is a great foil for Tennant, and one of the few really awesome moments of the Catherine Tate show was Tennant on there, because they play so well off each other. I only wish she lasted longer, coz she's fantastic.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Attitude Indicator posted:

nah, OP wants to be completely unspoiled and not have fan opinion color his own opinion about an episode.

Congrats on being this thread's first probation. Also, the first person I've had to put on probation! --Annakie

Going through this season I forgot how many of this season's episodes I had attributed to other companions, which says something about how ineptly they handled Martha. Cause it's like I have these two conflicting images of the Martha era, Martha being an absolute badass, and then the whole "so forgettable in doing anything notable as a companion that I thought this was a Rose ep" thing. Outside of the episodes where the fact that Martha is not white is a major plot point, I'd thought were all dragging along short blonde and dumpy.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Sep 24, 2014

• Locked thread