Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I promise to both Oxxipation and Toxxupation that the Eleventh Era will not only trump over the RTD era, but constantly poo poo on it. It gets better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Toxxupation posted:

Also because I know you nerds will ask about it, personal top ten worst episodes occupation has seen thus far:

10. "Rise of the Cybermen"
9. "School Reunion"
8. "Rose"
7. "Aliens of London"
6. "World War Three"
5. "New Earth"
4. "The End of the World"
3. "Boom Town"
2. "Love and Monsters"
1. "The Parting of the Ways"
I have a feeling what your favorite episode will be...

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I hope you two like this 'runaway bride' and such next episode.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I do apologize if it seemed like I had spoiled the thread a page ago. I thought it was fine mentioning the lady in the bridal gown at the end of the most recent episode.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I love it when the Doctor obliterates his enemies like the Time Lord he is. Because he is awesome.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 9, 2014

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Zaggitz posted:

Spoiler tag that image bro.
Dammit pictures of just the current doctor are spoilers too apparently.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Tiggum posted:

I'd say that right back in the beginning he was more willing to do whatever it took to ensure his own safety, but his main goal in those early stories was usually to observe without interfering any more than absolutely necessary. As he started to favour intervention over observation he also moved towards non-violent solutions. My favourite example is in Genesis of the Daleks where even though he knows the Daleks will eventually kill everyone if left unchecked he still can't actually bring himself to kill them.
And that is pussy logic. If you want something eliminated as a problem, you deal with it with cold, calculating efficiency. Especially if you're truly The Doctor.
Tywinomics FTW

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I heard there's a new Star Trek film currently in production for next year.

I also heard the word Homestuck. (God I wish the final update would come already!)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Why the gently caress was this the first episode of Doctor Who that I saw!? WHYYYYY!? :psyboom:

(Also I'm very surpised that you did not mention Dalek Sec shoving a man up his rear end!)

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Sep 17, 2014

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I cannot wait for your review of part two!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Random Stranger posted:

What do you mean before? He's half-human, after all. On his mother's side.

Oh here we go again.

Please don't reignite the greatest flame-war in history the likes of which not even the LOST ending cannot compare to!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Whether I predict that you'll review the Season 3 finale today or tomorrow...

I cannot simply decide.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

And thusly Jack Harkness continued to smile for Five Billion Years Straight.

I wonder if he ever ruled the Earth or some human colony during said eternity...

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Good Godric Rose was a terrible character!

Here's something that'll make up for that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Wa6bFLzCY

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Toxxupation posted:

Can people change?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yADrtfAmLTo

People can change, ehh? I wouldn't be so sure~ :agesilaus:

Anyways what did you think of the Rose cameo?

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Oct 6, 2014

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Jsor posted:

At least he didn't say "review every Homestuck comic."

REVIEW EVERY HOMESTUCK COMIC PLEASE! :getin:

(Just kidding. Oxx needs to do that! I know I have!)

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Oct 8, 2014

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Rattigan? Did this just become the Great Mouse Detective!?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I can't wait for the next review.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Not even Children of Earth was redeemable, one of the darkest seasons in BBC television history?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Feeling any better Toxx?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

..Did the thread just die?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

God this episode sucked. (Or is going to)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I think I would like to mention that the Doctor was RAPED into producing an adult daughter this episode. Hand forced into machine against his will *poof adult child* and everything.

Let that sink in.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Can't wait for the next review. Keep it up Toxx!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

If you folks don't stop derailing the thread, I'm going to demand Oxx that everyone here shall be forced to watch Bonekickers!

And DON'T get me STARTED with Bonekickers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsjxP5AkYZs

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Not gonna have you decry bees while I'm around :clint:

The episodic premise makes as much sense as Daleks making pig-men.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm going to vote for D.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Bicyclops posted:

One day you finally decide "I'm done spiting that ex who said I would like Doctor Who and she did say it has a Dickens episode, maybe I'll try a few."

The next thing you know, you're listening to Big Finish on the way to work and posting repeatedly in two Doctor Who threads with a Tom Baker avatar.

And become a generally awesome poster. Keep up the good work!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Potooweet posted:

Or that he really wanted to die after the plot to Doomsday was resolved by flipping a switch.
His replacement will be far more reasonably un-emo thank the gods.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Oxxidation posted:

No, it's been a long con by me to get Occ back into Homestuck- ohhhhh gently caress the jig is up

PLEASE make Toxx read through homestuck after he's caught up with Doctor Who. Not only will this be a parallel experience, but also will also draw his portrait if he wants.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Burkion posted:

He's already read Homestuck, up until the bog that is Act 5 Act Before John And Co Show Back Up.

Awesome. I cant wait for him to talk about it.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

DoctorWhat posted:

every time that I am reminded that Occ has read homestuck, but not yet listened to The Marian Conspiracy, my blood boils in righteous indignation and my old bit of nerve damage in my right thigh starts to act up.

homestuck literally causes me physical pain.
I would like to know why.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Regy Rusty posted:

Because he knows that if he actually read Homestuck he'd be compelled to create a perfect 100% accurate Lord English costume. He'd be literally unable to control himself.

That or he simply has Coat Envy.
Gimme a high five. Homestuck is internet Game of Thrones.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

DoctorWhat posted:

I just said. Homestuck causes me to suffer anger-pains.

That is neither a reason or an answer. You can't give a reason without context. If you can't back up your arguments for hating a relatively popular series (or most things in general), your views can't be seen as credible. I don't want to think that your anger-pains suffering is just an excuse. I respect you. If you hate it because characters keep dying like it's game of thrones, that's perfectly understandable. If you hate Homestuck, either tell me why you hate it or lose all of your credibility with me and with others.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Toxxupation posted:

there are people who like this show

THERE ARE PEOPLE. WHO LIKE. THIS SHOW.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

And you gave JOURNEY'S END a BLOODY A!!! :suicide:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I only ever watched Diamanda Hagan's review of it once to know that it was cesspolic.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I really need to watch more Pertwee.
QFT. Seriously, someone just change the thread title to:
Oxxipaton's Doctor Who Review - I really need to watch more Pertwee

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Burkion posted:

I won't continue this derail here much longer, though if you want we can talk about it a bit more in the actual Power Rangers thread- just how our general feelings were on the seasons so far.

Season 1- Average, especially taking into account that they were brand new to it all. Some times it tried to be sort of more than it was, but often it didn't.

Season 2- Tragically bad. Lots of ideas, but it got crippled in SO MANY different ways by outside circumstances. Some good episodes though.

Season 3- Good season, though it starts to lose steam near the end. The start of the on going storylines that would be perfected in In Space. Alien Rangers are kind of stupid but 'eh, they did liven things up a bit.

Season 4- Just a drat solid season of Power Rangers. Some stand out episodes.

Season 5- Harmless, silly, and very loving confused. Not that good, but not the worst. Good final episode.
Even when I was 6 I believed the show to be absolute poo poo.

That's right. I have always hated Power Rangers.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Nov 24, 2014

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

As an autistic DW fan, I would like to hit you with a brick repeatedly until your head resembles Oberyn's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Oxx should've given this episode an S, not an A. A is not good enough for this masterpiece.

• Locked thread