Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Going to throw something together I think! I haven't even seen WoD since i bought the source books and read them a bit. So I'll focus on the concept then try to throw up something when I have a clear idea :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
:derp: I'm still working on it! Don't leave without me! :bandwagon:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
It took a bit, but I finally came up with a decent Idea I like! I will be posting soon, just writing it up. (I might have to sleep in a bit though :ohdear:) Sorry should be up tomorrow sorry, for the delay.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Aug 6, 2014

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Elphaba "Ella" Thropp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTTDOss5jUE

They always called me wicked, ever since the old country. I had to be better, smart and work harder to just compete with the rest of them. It was through sheer force of will and determination that I managed to make anything of myself. Along the way at every step, I was fought and pushed back by those prettier and had it easier than me. It didn't matter to me, I still made my way through tyrannical and evil people.

Evil is what they want to call me, but cannot, though I might not be good, I am certainly not evil, and thus they settle on the wicked middle ground. When I faked my own death and let another pretty girl usurp me, it wasn't out of some greedy selfishness, but rather I had remembered what had brought me to that point. The struggle with the tyranny and to watch the animals brought even more suffering than they had before.

It is better to die a villain then live a monster some might say. I spent years fleeing and travelling to other lands, doing things I never thought possible and try to meed out a brand of justice among some of them that I could find. The prince that I turned into a frog deserved it, though it gets harder to remember his crimes as time goes on. A lot of the old country seems to disappear as time goes on, and I'm not sure why.

I think it is better this way, The Adversary was a terrible thing to behold and I couldn't stand against it. I could ferry those that they would have discarded, and so I did. The animals at the very least would be safe, though I was not uncaring to the plight of the people. I helped as many as I could, and that is all I could do against the hordes. Eventually, I came here to New York, to a new world and I thought to myself a new chance.

What really happened was that I was stuffed into the 13th floor and set upon giving magic to others to survive. I got to live in The Woodlands, that is true, but it was a gilded cage. Though the bars sparkled with gold and the key bejeweled it was a cage none the less. I would have gone mad, again, if not for meeting someone there. If life were kinder, I could shout names from rooftops, but that has never been my way and it has never been safe for me to do. Amid the spell books and charms, I found love.

I should have been happy then, and I was, but I was also disturbed. I saw fable after fable come to me struggling for help, and I had to take all they had so they could live with us. They were precious to me, as were my monkeys back in the old country. I saw them grow and establish themselves forced to don a cloak of magic so that they could live a normal life. I could only do what was right, I had this ability, and this power, I had to help them. So I did, for free.

The business office didn't like that at all. Wasting government resources! Like she knows what it takes to do my magic? Like she should prevent me from reaching out to this hurt and suffering animals that can think and feel just like us. The farm is its own gilded cage in of its own. And so, at the business office's behest, I was thrown out of the 13th floor stripped of my wand, and about to be sent to the farm.

I had different ideas instead of the farm being useless. I managed to escape into the city. My friends, my true friends helped me, and remembered. My dear was stuck in the 13th floor, only sent messages by me by my animal fables and their sense of loyalty. She was livid at me for endangering myself, and us, but what could I do? Ask her to give up her magic for me? Could I be that selfish? I had no idea. I couldn't force myself too, though I wanted too.

Instead, I took to wandering the streets with the little left of my charms to keep my skin... normal and just walked the city. Even outside of fable town, and I know it was dangerous, but I had to get away to think what I was going to do. They had already taken my wand, without that, I didn't have any magic, but just because I didn't doesn't mean I was useless. Unlike others, I had my own set of skills, being a spy under a tyrant was a skill in itself!

That is when I heard the most amazing sound, and I could scarcely believe it. It simply wasn't like anything I had ever heard. I found myself outside of a club trying to get in. It was completely unlike myself, but I was memorized by it. It took a while, but I was able to wheel and deal myself into that world. It helped that I seemed to have natural knack for music.

I wasn't sure why, but I found myself drifting off into that life style, and with one of those Moog synthesizers provided by a friendly dj, I found a different world that was like magic in many ways. i could create something that caused joy unabated and unfettered by anyone else. It didn't matter who I was, just to be able to be so... free was like a gasp of air. I had been drowning before, maybe drowning all my life, but now I was finally above water.

There was a problem though, they were looking for me, and I knew that my stash of charms was going to wear off. I decided to hide in plain sight and start djing myself, without any charm. But how to do it, and then I realized... we were in a disco club and it came to me! If I slept in the back, I could perform during the night and manage to survive just a bit longer. I didn't know if this was a solution, but at the time it felt good and it felt right.

And so The W.W.W. went on her club run, clothed in a green light that made every the same.

It was glorious and it might have filled some of my heart for a while, but I could only last so long dangling from fringes of Fable town before they caught me. I don't remember who did, only that I awoke to find myself in the basement of The Woodlands look at the Deputy Major and Frau Totenkinder. I had tried to explain what I was doing and that I had just tried to help Fables survive. I tried to say a lot of things, but Frau shook her head.

I was quiet while they decided my fate. Scared and angry would be a good description of what was going through my head, but Frau Totenkinder had given me a sign to just be quiet and listen. She had a plan, and I knew it. My amour had a reach I would not have expected, for even Frau Totenkinder was on my side this once.

That is how I became a new sheriff, Frau reinstated my magic for it, and allowed me to move back into The Woodlands. It was surprising, but apparently, my dear had more pull than I would figure. Allowed to go out now and explore the world, it didn't so much like a cage... but more like a home. Could it be that I could have both worlds? I hoped I could. My Amour and I had reached at least a compromise for the moment.

How hard could it be to protect people am I right? No way I can screw this up. I better not. The witching well was brought up more than once in reference to me. I hope there are some time off enough to do another dj set though.

pre:
Name		Elphaba "Ella" Thropp
Sex		Female
Virtue		Charity
Vice		Pride
Concept		The Wicked Witch DJ of the West
Alignment	Music Fabletown
Affiliation	Sheriffs
Chronicle	Fables and Exodus

Attributes

Mental          5               Social          4                Physical       3

Intelligence	••••		Presence	•		Strength	•••
Wits		•••		Manipulation	•••		Dexterity	•••
Resolve		••		Composure	•••		Stamina		•

Skills

Mental          7               Social          11               Physical       4

Academics			Animal Ken	••		Athletics	
Computer	••		Empathy		••		Brawl		••
Crafts				Expression	•••		Drive		
Investigation	•••		Intimidation			Firearms	
Medicine			Persuasion	•••		Larceny		•	
Occult		••		Socialize			Stealth		••
Politics			Streetwise	••		Survival	•
Science				Subterfuge	•••		Weaponry	

Specialities
Computer (DJing)
Occult (Witchcraft)
Expression (Music)

Powers
Nature Mastery Beta ••••
	Contains Animal control, Animal Speech, Summon Animals, Swarm Shape, Weakness (animals only)
Pluripotence Gamma  •••••
	Weakness: wand focus, without wand -5, Weakness: Requires Correct Gesturing; Omega requires 
setup and long spell cast; All rolls require Pluripotence+power. (Gamma spells and below)

Merits
Allies (13th Floor)    (•••)
        Can call on the 13th floor for a large favor
Contacts (13th Floor)  (••)
	For the latest in information from the magic world.
Barfly	               (•)
	There isn't a club that can keep her down
Speak Animal  (Goat)   (•)
	Speak to Goats on a basic level. 
Speak Animal  (Monkey) (•)
	Speak to Monkeys on a basic level.
Aura Reader            (•)
	Detect Fables within 5 feet that she sees, Wits + Aura Reader 
Resources              (•)
	$500  a month  and  approximately  $1,000  worth  of  assets

Weakness
Weakness if you want one!

Advantages
Health		•••••|•
Willpower	••••
Power Level	•
Verve		•••••|•••••
Morality	••••••
Size		•••••
Speed		•••••|•••••
Armour	
Defense		•••
Initiative	••••••

XP:
-1 Morality            +5xp
Nature Mastery Beta    -20xp
Pluripotence Gamma     -66xp
Attribute: Resolve +1  -10xp
Attribute: Strength +1 -15xp
Skill: Streetwise +1   -6xp
Skill: Expression +1   -9xp
Skill: Persuasion +1   -9xp
Skill: Stealth +1      -6xp
Skill: Animal Ken +1   -6xp
Skill: Brawl +1        -6xp
			---
			148xp

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Aug 21, 2014

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Nope, it is working fine for me. The only thing is the anticipation!

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

mugrim posted:

Can someone do me a favor and C/P the post count, as in the breakdown of who posted how many posts in the thread, the one you get by clicking the total posts number? It's telling me that the thread is archived for some reason...

I'm getting the same thing for everything posted in this forum, at least on the threads I am checking out. It might be that we don't have enough posts for it to catalog or like they just disabled it here.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Solved it! If it is under 200 replies it doesn't have that feature. I can click and see everything over 200, but anything under says it is in archives. :negative:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

mugrim posted:

If you don't have a character sheet, now is the time to mention any last minute skills you really want to have.

I really think that basically magic wise, basically changing and transforming stuff, after all she made flying monkeys from monkeys. Like the ability to delve information magically, cause well she was in a rebellion. And maybe a power that controls/uses animals a bit, since she is so close to them. A few skills in defense, though since after all she was a resistance fighter, not a big fan of guns at all. I think she used a staff. She is pretty awesomely smart, at learning stuff, and convincing people about her cause. She is pretty good at investigating since she uncovered the tyrannical plot in the old country, and laying low and not getting captured by secret police. New word she learned how to DJ and how to use a MOOG. So she is pretty hip now in human terms. Thats all i can think of!

edit: edited my bio, so it is more clear that Ella doesn't name her partner! :)

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Aug 7, 2014

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Game over, I'm hunting him down with a 1972 issued rifle. Will have to restart with the right time period cloths on afterward.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Okay finally! I had a lot of Help from Robo, but I finally made the sheet, based a lot of the one there, but I tweaked everything, since I kinda had to understand what everything was doing to spend stuff. :)

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
If you come over bring help there is a crazy lady and she has a big sword! :owned:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Holy poo poo will be posting tonight I was posted all out last night just holy poo poo!

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Ella's secret personal life exposed! 13th floor scandal hitting the airwaves!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
sorry for the delay I was working on something, going to post tonight been trying to do everything :)

• Locked thread