Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

N: Batista gave an interview today where he said he wants to be a Shakespearean actor and that he's definitely done after Mania 31.

V: [batista-wave]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Did you see how vicious Bo got when R-Truth beat him? He actually looked like a serious brawler instead of a goofball.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

DrVenkman posted:

Scott Steiner is the surprising voice of reason:

And.

I simply can't imagine Steiner saying any of that. There's not enough madness there. I don't think he's quite right that the Attitude Era was the best era, but he's right in that competition prevents WWE from taking the easy road and being safe.

You gotta read the rest of the interview where he snaps back into character.

quote:

“Do I look like a little kid to you? Comic books are a big thing. I looked at them when I was a kid. I’m not a kid anymore, so I kind of grew out of that phase,” he said. “There is obviously a place for them because the movies do so good. The ‘S’ is because my freaks realized they weren’t with a normal man but a Superman. That’s why they called me the “Big Bad Booty Daddy.”

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

triplexpac posted:

Scott Steiner promos sure weren't PG haha

oatgan posted:

And he got suspended for them!

Supposedly he liked to go off-script and also just randomly go out and deliver promos nobody asked for or approved

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Why would they turn Orton when we already have an... unstable face?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Ragnarok the Red posted:

He could stand to add more headlocks to his repertoire...

Maybe Reigns can teach him how to break a table.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Cardboard Box posted:

selling is less who he's paired with and more something he needs to take advice on and work on himself. as it is crowds are dead whenever someone has the heat on him because he's not very good at conveying pain or drama.

He just needs to keep winning until crowds want him to lose and then when it looks like he's going to lose people cheer. The Cena principle.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Spanish Jerry? How do you say <high-pitched squealing noise> in Spanish?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

Please fire Kevin Dunn, please fire Kevin Dunn, please fire Kevin Dunn...

Turns out Kevin Dunn's salary was 60% of annual revenue, he bought WWE and fired Trips.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Bryan's most likely done until the 2015 Rumble per the Observer. Sting's going to be in LA for Summerslam presumably to meet with Vince.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I didn't know they keep casting Randy Orton as the lead in each of the Marine movies they produce until the Marines complain about Orton having a bad conduct discharge.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

I came here to post this. I was SHOCKED by how great he is in it. He keeps up with everyone else and has amazing comic timing. I still don't ever want him to come back to the WWE, but now it's less because I think he is a bad wrestler and more because I think he is a good actor and want him to keep doing that.

E: But I'd want them to put all the titles on him if he came back doing a Drax gimmick.

You're in luck because he says he loves acting and wants to not just be a big beefy action hero but also to be taken seriously as a dramatic actor when he retires from wrestling after this last run.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

Or at least Garret Whistler or Garret Hanlon. But maybe its because Kristofferson is a long last name.

Obviously they got burned on Ted DiBiase, Jr. and Teddy Hart so now nobody gets to be a legacy character. Joseph Hennig, Natty Neidhart, :frogout:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

He's Scott Steiner but from Europe?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Just give Cesaro Perry Saturn's theme and call it good

Man that Jimmy Hart sure could make generic versions of hit songs from 10 years prior.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Regal came out to A Real Man's Man a few years ago as a rib.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I give you more truthbombs from Kevin Nash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uZ-HUAuw4k

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Gatts posted:

The Rock and Brock and....? LINDA!

Also...BROCK loving LESNAR!!!!

Shane.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Really wish WWE would dump Hell in a Cell in favor of Halloween Havoc.

SPIN THE WHEEL, MAKE THE DEAL! except they'd screw it up and the wheel would be a shoot and the main event would be Cena/Brock in a Wonder Crush Deathmatch.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Shine posted:

Just watched Angle/Benoit Royal Rumble '03 for the first time, and it hella cool to see a one-on-one match between top tier wrestlers where the whiny heel won clean. Even though he's a giant baby who surrounds himself with bodyguards, he's still an excellent wrestler and he simply out-wrestled the other guy. No interference, no ref bump, no foreign objects, no cheating or even an attempt at cheating. Good poo poo. Also Benoit always seemed like a big idiot for doing the flying headbutt and hurting himself. (anybody have that "IT HURTS" gif handy?)

Oh yeah that's a match where Angle does a moonsault off the cage and Benoit does a flying headbutt off the cage.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

omgomgomg posted:

Should Lawler be wrestling at all at his age/condition and having a heart attack?

Is it really wrestling when you shuffle around the ring for a few minutes, throw some punches, and fall onto your butt at the end?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Shine posted:

Nah, this one was just a straight-up wrestling match. Team Angle was banished from ringside before it started, and it was a completely clean, intense wrestling match with absolutely zero silly poo poo.

I watched that and the cage match on Raw (which is also spectacular) and got the two confused.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Aug 4, 2014

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

EugeneJ posted:

I dunno, depends if it's classified as "Pyro" or "Ballyhoo" on the expense report

But if you cross the pyro and ballyhoo you get every molecule in Daniel Bryan's neck exploding at the speed of light Vince Russo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

Just got a text alert from WWE that Sting was added to the Summerslam panels so I'd imagine his signing is either officially or a total formality at this point.

It's been a formality since Wrestlemania

• Locked thread