Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hohum
Mar 17, 2010

umoms.
This poo poo defies logic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPZjmXdH8hg

Don't mosquitos need a warm climate to thrive? How do they survive in a place like the Arctic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohum
Mar 17, 2010

umoms.
Because Malaria only kills poor people and god hates poor people.

hohum
Mar 17, 2010

umoms.

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

guys until you've had to do outdoor work in northern ontario you can gently caress off with any bug stories

I've worked in Malaria-endmic regions of Africa. So you can gently caress off with your bug stories too.

hohum
Mar 17, 2010

umoms.

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

yheah your bugs can kill you but if there's as many as there are in northern ontario I'd be suprised. we're talking tens of thousands of square kilometres composed of nothing but lakes and swamps.

And that's the difference between rich countries that can afford to do mosquito fogging on massive scale and poor countries where standing water can be a death trap.

hohum
Mar 17, 2010

umoms.

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

yes they're fogging northern ontario. an area the size of france and germany put together with the total population of rhode island

you lunatic

How far do you think mosquitoes fly to feed exactly? Here's a hint: it certainly isn't an area the size of Germany and France combined. Which is why fogging is so effective in preventing the spread of mosquito-born disease in populated places.

If you want to go wandering around in the wilderness of northern Ontario and you happen to get Malaria, well that's on you.

hohum fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohum
Mar 17, 2010

umoms.
That's not an accurate statement, but you're right about one thing. This conversation is stupid. So I tip my hat to you, sir. You've bested me with your gooniness.

• Locked thread