Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Not gonna lie, kind of intrigued. Looking into getting into this as kind of way for meditation you know? I'd want to go to creeks and rivers and pan there, using hand held tools and not paying a shitload of money for this. So I have a couple of questions.

Is it preferable to pan and find a good spot with gold, fill up my buckets and take them home?
How do you find a good spot near rivers and creeks?
Would I need anything besides a pan or two, a shovel and a 5 gallon bucket?
Even though I am not looking to go big, what would be the best advice you could give a beginner?
What do you think of those concentrates you can buy on eBay (spent 2 hours on YouTube and saw that)?
Is the whole process relaxing, or do you find it tedious?

Currently, I have two plans with the gold I hope to find. Melt the gold into enough to make a ring for my wife, and keep the gold and eventually sell it when I want to buy a new toy (see camera lens). But even if I don't find anything I'm Hoping it can give me a sense of relaxation and peace of mind.

Edit: how important is it to classify your pay dirt?

Soulex fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread