Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Oh, rad. I edited it out because I realized you might not want to talk about that, but yeah. I like your writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Thanks. :)

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
@AtomikKrab: I don't care who rolls what, as long as you link posts from Orokos or whatever.

Unfortunately, I don't think what you want to do is a good idea. To register a Rating 6 sprite you roll:
  • 11dp v 6dp to Compile (72% chance of succeeding with at least one hit)
  • 11dp vs 2x(resistance hits, not net hits), taking anything left as stun
  • 18dp for First Aid from the doctor on-staff to hopefully soak the rest of the drain; anything left may apply negative DP modifiers to the next roll.
  • 11dp v 12dp to Register (35% chance of succeeding with at least one hit)
  • 11dp vs 2x(resistance hits, not net hits), taking anything left as stun
  • 18dp for First Aid from the doctor on-staff to hopefully soak the rest of that drain. You have to sleep off the rest, performing the Extended Stun healing test of Body + Willpower (Damage, 1 Hr).

That's about a 26% chance of registering a sprite with favors, but each attempt takes six hours. So your sprites will take 23-24 hours each, and that doesn't account for sleeping time, which I'm going to say requires like 8 hours each day. So you're looking at ~8 days of this stuff, not counting healing times if you do bad soaking that huge drain and the medic can't cover it all. I wrote a compute program that can do these rolls en masse if you'd like me to do them all, post them, and tell you how long it takes you. Alternatively, Force 4 has about a 50% success rate per attempt, effectively halving the time. (The program can do that, too.) You could also try edging your Register rolls, but that's a gamble due to the 1/day recovery rate.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Okay, should have posted this earlier, but for those needing a reference on how dallas "feels."

This was the "old" baptist church in downtown:

This is what replaced it:

And this is important, because by god my PC is going to have something happen there. Hell, I think my next fake SIN is going to be a preacher for maximum irony.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Feb 13, 2015

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.
The battle regarding mirrorshades and mohawks rages on I see.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Sorry for the delay. I'll try to get a post up tomorrow. To answer questions in the IC thread:

- Julio is slow falling back all the way to street level. Gabriel totally sees an astral signature that stands out, but it's fuzzy in the crowded apartment building full of panic. The tracking roll is good enough to locate them on a seventh-floor balcony, where the street sammy just shattered a sliding-glass door and they entered the apartment. Chances are they're trying to flee the building with everyone else that's gonna be freaking out about a fire.

- The Suzuki Slicers have a clubhouse and a few warehouses around town. They also run a fairly profitable gambling hall in the back room of a yarn store and they organize unlicensed street races pretty regularly in Mesquite in the industrial parks there. They have a few other chapters: the closest is in Witchita, and there's one out in Memphis, another in Houston, and one more in Atlanta. They sometimes take road trips from Dallas to Houston for moving drugs and other stuff, and they have a small arms-dealing branch out in Witchita. Their Memphis and Atlanta groups seem more involved in the thrill-gang side of things than their mother branch in D/FW, but that's probably because they aren't as firmly involved with the cartels and don't have as many Combat Bike recruiting opportunities. It is worth noting that they're mostly all super-skilled bikers and many of them spend the drug-money income on cyberware to go pro.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
I was gonna post but my power is out and I am reduced to phone-posting. Sorry, y'all.

Also, Kenneth knows where the Slicers club house is and probably also the warehouses.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
Holy gently caress, I accidentally deleted the IC thread from my bookmarks. Catching up tonight...

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Yo i am still around. Been holding off until you've got some time, since her thing is talking/fast talking people and stealth action sequences it might be betweer to do with IRC, but if you want to handle her/albert's sub run, that's okay too.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
We could at least kick it off in the thread. This is my last week of copious work, and I should be back to regularly posting next week.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Apologies for the noposts; a mix of being tired for no reason, and writers block mixed with just trying to figure out how to narrow things down further on where the kids are and what to do once I find where the kids are being held. I'm the Face, after all, not a sammy. If anyone has ideas I'm all ears.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Ditto, sorry, work's been kicking my butt. This weekend should be better.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

ProfessorCirno posted:

Apologies for the noposts; a mix of being tired for no reason, and writers block mixed with just trying to figure out how to narrow things down further on where the kids are and what to do once I find where the kids are being held. I'm the Face, after all, not a sammy. If anyone has ideas I'm all ears.

Ronwayne posted:

Ditto, sorry, work's been kicking my butt. This weekend should be better.

Yeah I'm mostly MIA, too, until Sunday or Monday. Sorry about all this; I'll be back in full swing in March, though.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

WOOOO dis-loving-regard, I just got laid off! Shitcaskets had me bust my rear end to finish a project then terminated me with a phonecall after I left the office.

On the plus side now i can method act a SR pc.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Ronwayne posted:

WOOOO dis-loving-regard, I just got laid off! Shitcaskets had me bust my rear end to finish a project then terminated me with a phonecall after I left the office.

On the plus side now i can method act a SR pc.

:fap:

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Yeah actually, time for that too.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Sorry about the job loss. That really sucks.

I'm back now by the way. Let's try to do the IRC thing early next week.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Not that my absence has probably even been noticeable, but I just moved down to PA for my new job and started work on Monday, meaning I will actually have more time to post because I'm not working 7 days a week until midnight on home renovations so I can sell the thing.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Oh god what am I doing I'm trying to do a run and fill almost all roles by myself. This is what i get for playing a bard.

Well, not totally, I assume my copbuddy is the gunman role and sparrow of course is...uh. drat near everything as well.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Yeah, your cop buddy will come with swat armor and a shotgun.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Just wanted to let you know I'm having a blast running these side jobs. I have another one I'd like to set up, this being her first personal run (i.e. her being her own johnson), if you want to discuss details.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
I'm interested! :allears:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

So Malikal has quit, this puts us down a big honking troll. ;-;

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Redeye expressed interest in the game. I suggested we needed a gunman/physical dude.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Interest definitely exists--been greatly interested in what you guys have going here. I just have to come up with a concept.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Yeah, post one up.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

QN we also discussed redeyes intro being him rescuing drek from this shambles, if you are ok with that.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Well they better hurry with the submission then because you are about to roll initiative.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I'm helping him, its his first same (his first sr PC?), so I'm discussing options. I'll try to make it quick.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Not quite my first SR PC, definitely the most complicated yet though. Here we go.

Granville "Roland" Desmarais

Born in Miami, Granville knew from six years old that he wanted to be a policeman. Suffering from the effects of rising sea levels and the decay of the tourism industry, Miami was a fading jewel and life for everyone but the ultra-rich was a crime-ridden hell. Granville wanted to protect his family, his friends, his world from what he saw as the world's evil. So from the moment he graduated high school, he angled for one job and one job only.

Lone Star.

Granville had always been a natural at athletics, and the fire in his heart pushed him past the corporation's stringent hiring procedures. He was never so proud as the day he went home to show his family his new badge, who were overjoyed--though the cold reaction from his longtime friends left him bewildered and hurt.

There was little time to think about it. Granville was assigned to Charlotte, the beating heart of the financial industry in the CAS, and at first it was a dream job. The pay was good, the work was easy, promotions came quickly, and between his checks and scrimping and saving his family managed to save enough to move out of the rapidly sinking Florida. Life seemed like it was going perfectly.

Then the Second Matrix Crash happened, and Charlotte fell apart. Panicked mobs turned out into the streets. Looting and rioting ran rife in neighborhoods that hadn't seen so much as a jaywalking ticket in years. It was a rude wake-up call for Lone Star, who did their best to quell the panic--and then the order came down from the corps to fire on the crowds to disperse them. There were always more wage-slaves.

Lone Star in the city fractured. Some groups complied--most, honestly. Others argued. Granville and his squadmembers threw down their weapons and stood aside, facing away from the crowds. Granville was furious, and his superiors were little more pleased--but the corporation's public reputation was still tenuous, and the world was watching what happened in Charlotte very closely as the glass and blood were mopped up. Granville was kept on the force, but demoted, and shuttled out of Charlotte to other cities as society rebuilt itself wireless. It would never be the same. Instead of the light, the man now began seeing the darkness more and more--in society, in the corps he served, in his fellow squadmates. In 2071, he resigned, deciding to follow his family and move to Texas.

He could have retired, stayed quiet. But something inside him had woken up in Charlotte, and it screamed for action. Taking inspiration from old flatvid documentaries, he started making some calls, putting out feelers to people he'd run into or worked with in his Lone Star days. There was plenty of room for justice in modern Texas... and, if he was being honest, he wasn't going to create it on his pension payments. So out came the guns, and a borrowed flak jacket, and once again Granville stepped up to bat, to let that fire come out. The world is a hell of a lot more black than he used to think it was… a little bit of white won’t hurt.

quote:

Name: Roland

Attributes A 24

Skills B 36/5

Human E Edge 1

Magic E Nope

Resources B 275000Y

Attributes

BODY: 5/5
AGILITY: 6/8 (+2 Muscle Replacement)
REACTION: 3/6 (+1 Wired Reflexes) (+2 Reaction Enhancer)
STRENGTH: 4/6 (+2 Muscle Replacement)
WILLPOWER: 3/3
LOGIC: 3/3
INTUITION: 5/5
CHARISMA: 3/3
EDGE: 3
ESSENCE: 1.728
INITIATIVE: 11 (+1d6 Wired Reflexes)

Qualities
Code of Honor (Warrior’s Code), Bonus 15 Karma
SINner, National (CAS), Bonus 5 Karma

Ambidextrous, Cost 4 Karma
Double Jointed, Cost 6 Karma
Natural Athlete (Lone Star Physical), Cost 7 Karma
Bilingual, 5 Karma

Skills
Athletics 5 (Gymnastics, Running, Swimming) (+1 Synthcardium)
Outdoors 1 (5 karma)
Automatics 6 (Assault Rifles +2)
Demolition 4
Leadership 6
Intimidation 4
Pilot Ground 2 (Wheeled +2)
Sneaking 5
Perception 5
Unarmed 3
Con 2 (Fast talk +2)
Throwing 1 (2 karma)

Knowledge:
European History 2
Dallas Parkour Scene 2
Mr. Johnsons 2
Corporations 3 (Lone Star +2)
Court Ball 1

Languages
English N
Spanish N

Weapons
Ares Crusader II [Acc. 5/7 (smartgun), Dam. 7P, Mode SA/BF, RC 2, Ammo 40c] (415¥)
-Silencer (900¥)
-2x Mag Stick and shock [-2s(e), -5 AP] (640¥)
-1x Mag regular (80¥)
-Quick-Draw Holster (175¥)

Ares Alpha [Acc. 5/7 (smartgun), Dam. 11P, AP -2, Mode SA/BF/FA, RC 2, Ammo 42c] (1325¥)
-Silencer (900¥)
-1x Mag APDS [Armor piercing, -4 AP] (960¥)
-2x Mag Stick and shock [-2s(e), -5 AP] (640¥)
-1x Mag regular (80¥)
Ares Alpha Grenade Launcher [Acc. 4/6 (smartgun), Dam. Variable, Mode SS, Ammo 6c]
-6x Flashbangs [10s, -4 AP, 10m radius] (600¥)
-6x High Explosive [16P, -2 AP, -2/m] (600¥)

2x Flashbang Thrown [10s, -4 AP, 10m radius] (200¥)
2x Thermal Smoke Thrown [10m radius] (120¥)

Riot Shield [Armor +6, Acc. 4, Dam 9s(e)] (1500¥)

Gear
Medium Lifestyle, 1 Month (5000¥)
Fake SIN (Liam Madden (Independent security contractor)), Rating 4 (10000¥)
-Firearms License, Rating 4 (800¥)
-Driver’s License, Rating 4 (800¥)
-Cyber License, Rating 4 (800¥)
Fake SIN, Rating 1 (2500¥)
DocWagon Basic Contract (5000¥)
Toyota Gopher [Hand. 5/5, Speed 4, Accel 2, Body 14, Armor 10, Pilot 1, Sens. 2, Seats 3] (25000¥)
Transys Avalon [6, 12] (5000¥)
-x5 metalinks (500¥)
-Mapsoft DFW (100¥)

Argentum Coat [12 / +4 14 10, 2 chem. resist] (4100¥)
Urban Explorer jumpsuit + helmet [11] (750¥)
Inline Skates (100¥)
Medkit 6, 2 refills (2000¥)
Armorer's Kit (500¥)
Gecko tape gloves (250¥)
Headphones (300¥)
-Audio Enhancement, Rating 2 (1000¥)
-Select Sound Filter 2 (500¥)
-Spatial Recognizer (1000¥)

Wired Reflexes, Rating 1 Alpha [+1 Reaction, +1d6 Init] (46800¥, 1.6 essence)
Reaction Enhancer, Rating 2 [+2 Reaction] (26000¥, .6 essence)
Muscle Replacement, Rating 2 Alpha [+2 Strength, +2 Agility] (60000¥, 1.6 essence)
Bone Density, Rating 3 Alpha (18000¥, .072 essence)
Synthacardium, Rating 1 [+1 Athletics] (30000¥, .1 essence)
Cyber Eyes, Rating 2 [Too-Blue, Image Link] (6000¥, .3 essence)
-Lowlight Vision (1500¥)
-Flare Compensation (1000¥)
-Smartlink (4000¥)

Petty Cash

1565¥ + 1200¥ = 2765¥

Contacts
Texas Yellow (Sage in Bloom Fixer, 5 Connection 2 Loyalty)
A shady figure who runs the Sage In Bloom, a local Dixie bar. In the back room, though, he's a fixer, acting as a middle-man between people looking to hire runners and the runner community.

Theo Trainer (Fixer, 6 Connection 1 Loyalty)
An above-board fixer who sometimes hires people from the runner community for 'straight work', including protecting pop icons and ensuring things run smoothly for political candidates.

Dr. Menendez (37th Street Clinic, 3 Connection 3 Loyalty)
Granville’s childhood doctor. Moved to Dallas for similar reasons, such as wanting to get out of a state now mostly underwater. Capable in a wide variety of fields but possibly a little… unhinged from dealing with too many gangers. Also the novacoke. Still hasn’t operated while high yet.

Sergeant Bill Redman (Lone Star Dallas, 3 Connection 3 Loyalty)
One of Granville’s old friends from his Charlotte days. Like him, he refused to fire on the rioters after the Crash. Like him, he paid for it. Unlike him, he’s still on the beat--riding a desk in the Dallas central office. Devoted to his work, willing to bend the law for the right reasons.

Gary Utrecht (Wells Fargo Dallas Head of Accounting, 4 Connection 2 Loyalty)
A drinking buddy from Charlotte, now moved up in the world, at least in his own eyes. Holds considerable sway in the main Texas branch of this multinational bank, but has a vulnerability for money. Secretly a huge fan of Aztlaner court ball.

Ohtli Guerra (Parkour Enthusiast, 1 Connection 3 Loyalty)
Originally from south of the border, Ohtli moved to Dallas in his not-that-far-removed youth and holds a solid day job as a truck driver. By night he’s usually seen moving over rooftops at high speed. One of Granville’s best friends--not much reach but dependable as death and taxes.

Professor Francine Wexham (Head of History Dept., UT Dallas, 3 Connection 3 Loyalty)
Fifty-four and fightin’, Professor Wexham has been scrapping to keep funding coming to UT since her days as an intern. No-one in Dallas knows more about medieval history, and she’s very fond of the strapping ex-cop who shows such an interest in her favorite passion. Just as friends, though--she’s married.

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jun 21, 2015

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

I had an idea for how to get into the game, as well. Drek is in a very nasty spot right now, and he has Lone Star connections. So does my guy. In my own words:

[21:37] <Redeye> So maybe Drek's guy realized "wait, I'm sending a nerd into banger territory on a Scooty Puff Jr."
[21:37] <Redeye> And asked around to get some help

I'm not particularly impeded by things like fences or low-lying houses so I could get there pretty fast, especially since I have the gear to pick out where the hell he is.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Everything you need to know about being a upper middle class-lower rich white (middle to high) white (human/elf?) person in dallas.

Except due to hilarious zoning shenanigans the "urban" areas are literally the next block over.

Note how many low income neighborhoods are right next to mcmansion territory (or literal mansion in highland/university park)

This is collin county, the area just north of that dallas map:

Plano, etc and other places that get mentioned in the context of "jesus christ why are we here" (Note east Plano gets really poor, really fast)

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 00:38 on May 19, 2015

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

QN, I don't know where AtomikKrab is, but I don't feel like as a player I have the authority to decide what his character does. You do, so please haul me and him out of this quagmire.

I AM still down to clown, by the way.

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jun 13, 2015

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
I'm still down to clown

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007

ProfessorCirno posted:

I'm still down to clown

Same, I think partly I'm just ready to start the next job.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Me too

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Yeah, I don't want to draw this out.

Since I'm about to trash this SIN, I also kinda wanted to use it, to, i dunno, commit credit fraud/take out loans I have no intention of repaying, etc.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Well I'll make a big post, tonight or tomorrow, that will start that run. I am sorry that the side jobs got so far away from the story; they went longer than I had anticipated.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

No worries, but I'm glad we got something to do beyond "arrive at johnson, receive orders, do as said"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Yeah I really enjoyed the side jobs myself.

• Locked thread