Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Registering interest, will post a street samurai most likely or break my usual mold with something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Tommy Brown
Character Sheet
Full Bio

Born as one of two Fraternal twins, he was the oldest by a few seconds coming out of a BTL addicted mother. As a youth, he basically raised him and his sister himself as best he could. He got his first job at 14 being a lookout at a BTL joint, occasionally trading time for dreamchip time to escape from reality. The way he figured it, escaping from time to time was ok as long as you woke up and faced the music after. Thats why he didn't feel bad about getting and keeping junkies hooked on BTLs, cause they were weak. They were those who were too weak to face the music and just make their way in the world. Tommy was a survivor, he didn't have time for the bullshit.

As long as Sadie stayed in that good school in dallas and went on to college, got out of Bach Springs, he didn't care how many lives he had to destroy to keep that dream alive. Shortly after Crash 2.0 happened though, technomancers starting appearing in the news. And unbeknownst to Tommy, Sadie was one. Sadie got snatched by suits claiming to be federal agents one day from community college. A panicked call to Tommy from her boyfriend got him yanked out of a dreamchip and onto the prowl. Before The Emergence, Tommy was just some twobit gangster who dabbled in matrix crimes on some lovely Erika MCD-1 he bought after saving up enough cash. Now he had a reason to wake up and get on his poo poo. The only person in this world who was family to him, his own sister, was threatened and he needed to know why. And then he needed to get her back.

Enter Texas Yellow, a fixer who worked out Sage in Bloom. You needed to find a fence, you needed talent for a gig, you went to Texas Yellow. But tommy was no shadowrunner, he was just a thug. So go figure he got poo poo on when he approached Tex. But there was a silver lining, do him favors and he'd give him in the information he thought. So Tommy got in on the extraction game, each job filling in a piece of the puzzle. Pretty soon it became clear it was Ares Macrotechnology who snatched up Sadie. And it also became clear from the medical records they dug up that she was a techno. Now it all made loving sense and just fueled Tommy even more to get her out.

But you don't go full frontal on a AAA megacorp without some help. Enter Mitsuhama Computer Technologies, who Texas Yellow put him in touch with via a intermediary, what they call Mr. Johnson around these parts. A bargain was quickly struck, work for us and we'll put together a team and provide you with any resources you need on your search. They wanted in on the technomancer thing and needed someone who wouldn't flinch at doing what needed to be done. Tommy agreed and then he got to work. They hit Ares subsidiaries in the CAS hard with the odd daytrip up north to the UCAS to gently caress with Ares Arms on "Mitsuhama jobs", after all you don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Eventually the big day came and they were in Atlanta, running on Ares CAS HQ. Mitsuhama provided the fake SINs that were flawless, supporting documentation that placed each member of the team in the building for a shift. Before it was time for lunch, they confirmed which of the offgrid datastores on site had the paydata they were looking for. Then they broke for lunch, came back, and met on the 35th floor waiting for the screams to start. Mitsuhama went all out for this one, ensuring that at 3PM Shiawase made Siberian Tiger drones were released on multiple floors. When you got a tiger drone literally trying to loving eat you or some poo poo, that makes a mess of the security situation real quick. While corpsec was handling that, they made their run.

Tommy got the paydata, got the elevator secured, but he ran into resistance. He duked it out a spider who wasn't there when he went in before, seemingly appearing out of nowhere and dataspiking his Shiawase deck hard. He brawled it out and ended up brainburning the spider before getting hit by Black IC and having to be jacked out by his team. Nothing a heal spell and a slappatch couldn't deal with though. A firefight broke out on the rooftop with Knight Errant HTR while he worked the node for the SAM turrets on the roof with his backup, that old MCD-1. These guys were literally rapelling from a Dragon and firing submachineguns slung on their chest before they even touched the ground until the SAM turrets were redirected to blow their ride out of the sky. That and the timely arrival of their own helicopter ensured a clean extract back to a Mitsuhama Black Site out of state. Tommy turned over the paydata and called it a day, waited for MCT to get back at him with their end of the bargain.

And they did but it was nothing like he dreamed. He met Mr. Johnson at some upend Japanese restaurant to get the news. They found Sadie yeah. They tracked her as DocWagon pulled her out of the Ares CAS HQ building in Atlanta and airlifted her to the nearest hospital. They say she died 3 times on the table before they brought her back for good. She was moved to an ICU specializing in treating things like this. Tommy's whole world stopped as soon as he realized what he did. Tommy was a malicious little poo poo, loved to slot that biofeedback program and took pride in flatlining sysops who were too week to cut it. And now look what he loving did.

The Johnson explained to him that Ares would try to salvage Sadie but they'd probably call it quits after they exhausted all feasible options, which would be coming up within a few weeks to a month tops. Tommy asked them if there was anything they could do about it. Mr. Johnson nodded in the affirmative but told him they would require a more permanent arrangement. Tommy had no choice, he agreed. And then he told Mr. Johnson to get out of his sight while he looked down at his food and the vintage red wine he was drinking. He drank himself into a near comatose stupur himself that night and spent the night in jail. Though he didn't spend too long, he got bailed out within an hour by Mr. Johnson who gave him a plane ticket to Atlanta with a suitable fake SIN and told him to go say his goodbyes.But to also be discreet about it since Ares would no doubt be looking for him if they could connect him.

He stopped by the clinic and slipped in, staying only long enough to drop off flowers for his sister in her room and then got out quick. Driving back in a rental, he played russian roulette with a Ruger Superhawk doing 100 on the interstate and somehow didn't blow his brains out or crash. Disgusted at himself and his weakeness, he tossed the gun over some bridge and kept it moving. Back again in Dallas he had to add up the sum of all the poo poo he's done. Countless families destroyed by BTLs or from the extractions he pulled to change their employee, the occasional murder or two, data on at least 40 technomancers/possibles in the CAS so they can be snatched at MCT's leisure, and Sadie.

The devil doesn't ask too much when you sell his soul to him, just your life. He didn't realize all those years ago that it meant his whole life, everyone good connected to him. The coward's way out right now would be to try that russian roulette poo poo again with a AS-7 and a full clip on burst. But thats not Tommy. Instead he figured he needs to start making some things right, however small. He enrolled at college to formally get a PhD in Matrix Science and Security, that sorta thing. That gave him a foundation, something to keep him busy during the day. It was actually nice to be honest, no street poo poo to worry about, a pleasant group of friends to bullshit with in between classes and go drinking with. He always kept them at arms length and truth be told, life didn't need him to be the most friendly person, just the most ruthless.

At night is when the world comes alive for Tommy though. He kept doing his research into technomancers, not to sell them out for the paydata, but to help them dodge the corps. He's got at least 40 to make up for. When he's not doing that, he's taking contracts on teams that put him at odds at people like Renraku and Ares. He doesn't just blast anyone because he can, only those who are in "the game", like other runners or corporate execs, not some poor working joe whose just trying to get by in this world. Hopefully if he does enough right, he can die with his soul at rest. But thats a story for another time, Theo Trainer just called. Some guy wants to run for governor and apparently has the most interesting views on metahumans and technos in particular. This could be a fun gig.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Aug 8, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Tommy Brown

quote:

You've got a reputation that speaks for itself, Tommy: a man without a reputation, who deals with his employers quickly and quietly. Hell, you've even got a long history a' running, but from what I understood, you're out for vengeance more than for the money, and that's a dangerous game to play: what happens when the two come to odds? And how is student life treating you? Do the other people in yer research group know what you do, and do you socialize with them that much? Where's yer sister now, that you can take care a' her full-time?

"Well you got me started in this game. Appreciate everything you've done for me by the way, I'll never forget it. Sounds like you got some concerns about how that thing turned out and what it means going forward. I can tell you that won't be a problem professionally. College life is pretty wiz actually, though I can't really get too used to it. My research group knows nothing about what I do and I don't really hang with them outside of class though I have a clique I party with occasionally and meet up with between classes. Some business majors, girls who want to major in fashion design, a troll who got out of the CAS army whose trying to get a nursing degree if you'd believe that. Its like one of those after school specials where you got a bit of everything mixed in, its unreal. They're good people. Only clue they have is when I leave abruptly to take care of things, usually to go see Sadie."

"I got my own apartment now in a decent part of town, 2 bedroom apartment. One is my work room the other is for Sadie. I got all the life support stuff, IVs hooked up everywhere, and a biomonitor slaved to my commlink with reminders everyday for when I have to get back home and change a IV bag, clean up after, infuse nutrients, whatever, I take care of all that. If I'm not on a job or doing my once or twice a week night out of town to keep up appearances I'm searching for any whiff of cutting edge research I can find. Everything I've found so far isn't anything that can help Sadie but I'm holding out hope. 2075 man, there's gotta be someone working on things like this."

"Oh yeah you were talking about vengeance earlier. Its a dish best served cold man and there's a time and place for everything. I need money to get Sadie well again, I need power to pull the strings to make that happen. Maybe not now but years from now. I'm not gonna get myself killed before then. Along the way I'll try to do some good but I'm out for the gusto here. I know when you can afford to grow a conscience and when you need to cut the bleeding heart out and toss it in the trash."

"I assume thats why I'm still on your christmas card list. Because I can keep it in perspective."

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Aug 8, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

no

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

As the guest star, I'd at least wanna see the jackie neon thing play out then yeah kill it baby.

• Locked thread