Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

New to Shadowrun and still reading up on the fluff. How plausible is a middle-class office drone who took up shadowrunning as a result of his mid-life crisis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Character sheet to come tomorrow. Please feel free to give criticisms about the description.

Scott “The Dad” Wilson

Scott was a perfectly ordinary person. He grew up in a perfectly ordinary home in Ellis with perfectly ordinary friends and family and received a perfectly ordinary education. As he grew older, he found an interest in computers and focused his studies on programming and learning the ins and outs of technology. He found work at a small corporation making whatever programs they deemed profitable. He married his childhood sweetheart and had a son and a daughter, who he all loved very much. Once a week, he would meet with the same childhood friends at the same sports pub and have the same food and the same drinks while watching the same teams play the same games, and only on rare occasion did his life get affected by all the nasty things that went on in the world around him.

Life was good. And Scott was happy.

That is, until he started to notice his age.

Yes, it was going to happen to him eventually, he knew, but he still wasn’t prepared for the shock that he had spent over 45 years doing nothing of interest while people around the world lived and fought and died in all sorts of amazing things.

This would not do. He needed to become someone, someone interesting. Someone who lived on the edge and maybe even make a real mark on the world in some way. He needed to become…

A Shadowrunner.

So he planned and figured. What was he good at? Computers, yes, but how excititing were computers? Maybe he should augment himself to become stronger too. Yes! That was it!

So he trained himself and augmented himself to be more proficient in combat and hacking. These came more easy to do than expected. Within time, he could hack well enough, and even shoot people decently. It helped he had some trustworthy, if low-ranking, contacts.

Of course, one thing had complicated all these matters: his family. While his children seemed enamored by the idea of a Shadowrunner for a dad, his wife thought it was insane. Why sacrifice the safety of middle-class life and risk the lives of your loved ones just so you can go around shooting people and messing around with the matrix? As he struggled to make himself ready for runs, she prepared for a divorce. Scott was saddened by it, but in his mind he believed it to be all worth the effort. Besides, he still got to see his kids on the weekends.

An unexpected bonus to dropping his SIN, quitting his job, leaving his family, losing most of his money, and moving to the ghettoes of Parker was that Scott was also free to make whatever programs he wanted. So he did whatever he thought would be the most fun. And that finally formed all that parts of his new schedule: Program in the day, go on runs in the night, go to the bar on Fridays, and visit the kids on the weekend.

Of course, Scott is still seen as a bit of a joke in the runner community, given his uninteresting and fairly easy life prior to running, his inspiration to running being his mid-life crisis, and that he’s a fat white guy in his late forties. But some have fondness for him. Either way, everyone calls him “The Dad”.

pre:
Metatype: Human

Priority A: Skills (46/10)
Priority B:Resources (275,000¥)
Priority C: Attributes (16)
Priority D: Metatype (Human, (3))
Priority E: Magic/Resonance (None)

Attributes
Bod	(1+1) 2/6
Agi	(1+1) 2/6
Rea	(1+1) 2/6
Str	(1+1) 2/6
Cha	(1+2) 3/6
Int	(1+2) 3/6
Log	(1+4) 5/6
Wil	(1+2) 3/6
Edg	(2+3) 5/7
Mag 0

Initiative: (3+4): 6
Essence: 3.68

Limits (P/M/S): 3/5/4
Condition Monitor Boxes (P/M/O): 10/9.5/4

Qualities
Analytical Mind (-5 Karma)
Codeslinger (-10 Karma)
Dependant (+3 Karma)
Distinctive Style (Fashion, Bald) (+3 Karma)
Homeground (Ellis, You Know A Guy) (-10 Karma)

Skills

Active:
Longarms (5)
Specializaton: Shotguns
Pistols (3)
Ettiquette (3)
Computer (6)
Cybercombat (5)
Hacking (5)
Hardware (4)
Software (6)
Pilot Ground Craft (3)
Pilot Aircraft (3)

Knowledge:
Economics (2)
Business (2)
Sports (4)

Language:
English (N)

Gear:

Taurus Omni-6 (180¥)
Speed loader (Pistol) (15¥)
Smartgun system, external (Pistol, top-mounted) (200¥)
Regular Ammo, 100 shots (pistol) (1200¥)
Stick-N-Shock Ammo,  50 shots (pistol) (2400¥)
Explosive Ammo, 50 shots (pistol) (2400¥)
PJSS Model 55 (600¥)
Smartgun system, external (Shotgun, top-mounted) (200¥)
Regular Ammo, 100 shots (shotgun) (1200¥)
Stick-N-Shock Ammo,  50 shots (shotgun) (2400¥)
Explosive Ammo, 50 shots (shotgun) (2400¥)
Clothing (0¥)
(synth)Leather Jacket (Armor rating 4) (200¥)
Armor vest (Armor rating 9) (500¥)
(Cyberware) Renraku Sensei Commlink (3000¥)
	Sim module (100¥)
(Cyberware) Hermes Chariot Cyberdeck (Alphaware) (153,600¥)
AR Gloves (150¥)
Trid Projector (200¥)
Hacking Program: Exploit (250¥)
Hacking Program: Lockdown (250¥)
Electronic Paper (25¥)
Data Jack (1000¥)
Simrig (4000¥)
Bone lacing (Aluminum) (20,000¥)
Orthoskin (R2) (12,000¥)
Sleep Regulator (12,000¥)
Datachips (5) (25¥)
Data tap (300¥)
White Noise Generator (R3) (150¥)
Datasoft (2) (240¥)
Mapsoft (Parker) (100¥)
Fake SIN ("Don Wrigley") (R3) (7500¥)
Earbuds (Capacity 3) (Audio Enhancement 1) (Spatial Recognizor) (1650¥)
GMC Bulldog Step van (35,000¥)
Glasses (Capacity 4, Image Link, Smart Link, Low Light Vision, Flare compensation) (3175¥)
Sensor, Handheld Housing (3 capacity, camera, cyberware scanner, directional microphone) (300¥)
Horizon Flying Eye (2000¥)
Medkit (R3) (750¥)

Lifestyle: (low+dependent) 2200¥ per month
Starting Nuyen: 3340+(15x60=900)=4240¥
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4592987/

Contacts:

Ted McElroy
Connections 4, Loyalty 3
A regular patron of the sports bar where Scott meets with his friends, who happens to be a small time fence.

Dale Gunderson
Connections 3, Loyalty 4
Gun store owner and childhood friend. Once in a while he'll get something rare and Scott will be the first to know.

Texas Yellow, Connection 5, Loyalty 2
A shady figure who runs the Sage In Bloom, a local Dixie bar. In the back room, though, he's a fixer, acting as a middle-man between people looking to hire runners and the runner community.

Theo Trainer, Connection 6, Loyalty 1
An above-board fixer who sometimes hires people from the runner community for 'straight work', including protecting pop icons and ensuring things run smoothly for political candidates.

Mikedawson fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Aug 2, 2014

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Yes. I thought it would be easier to use the character creator there to make fat middle-aged man cyberpunk than hunting through images.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Still working on the character sheet. Will be done soon, though.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

QuantumNinja posted:

Still waiting on that sheet.

Just need to do a little more. I have to ask, what are the benefits of having a cyberdeck as cyberware as opposed to a handheld version, and vice versa? Additionally, if my deck is cyberware, then are the attachments inapplicable, and is the program limit the total number of programs that I can have on my deck?

Mikedawson fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Aug 2, 2014

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Finally finished my character sheet! This is my first time making a character for Shadowrun, so please let me know everything I got wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I'm sorry, but at the rate I go through these sheets, I'm not going to be able to finish tweaking my sheet in time. You can ignore my submission. I might toy with it for another game in the future, though.

• Locked thread