Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Thought I'd see what all this fuss is about re: 'Oreo' snack biscuits and let me say, I'm not impressed. I'm on about my third one out of the packet and as far as I can tell it's pretty much just a round version of a Bourbon biscuit which let's face it are not that great to begin with. Dry, can't taste anything except bad chocolate which lingers in your mouth forever afterwards I'm not sure I'll be able to manage the whole packet in one go. Give me a chocolate covered Hob-Nob any day. Interesting experiment but I shan't buy this particular biscuit again 2/10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
Why do you talk like such a sissy, boy? What's wrong with you?

.dazedandconfused..
Jan 5, 2006

Once upon a time Blubberkopf made me even more confused....
Dip them in fat and wrap them in bacon. That will improve them.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mig3skMcD0

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

hmmm

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

FOOD for thought ha ha ha ha ha ha

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

chocolate ones suck. vanilla might be better??

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Or you could just eat normal oreos like a non-human being.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Necros posted:

chocolate ones suck. vanilla might be better??

You'd possibly be surprised to hear that these are the original 'vanilla' variety. However the two biscuit parts which make up the sandwich so to speak are 'chocolate' flavoured, if you can call it that, and completely overpower whatever vanilla flavour there supposedly is in the cream filling. The only redeeming quality of this particular snack is that Tesco are selling them for 59p a packet.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

You're the same cocksucker from the "Pain Au Chocolate" thread making a honeypot, so that again, people can point out that you use "British-isms" so we can do another U.S. vs. the world thing. Here's one for you: You're a Perry that can give me a Turtle Head, yeah?

gently caress off, you insufferable oval office.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

can i bum a fag

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014
can you write more reviews of lovely food? thanks

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Count Freebasie posted:

You're the same cocksucker from the "Pain Au Chocolate" thread making a honeypot, so that again, people can point out that you use "British-isms" so we can do another U.S. vs. the world thing. Here's one for you: You're a Perry that can give me a Turtle Head, yeah?

gently caress off, you insufferable oval office.

Actually both pain-au-chocolatagate and Oreogate are two genuine events that have distressed me so far this week. That they may highlight cultural differences between America and the world is incidental. I don't know what a Perry is but i think that a turtles head is something to do with poo?

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Oreo cake with dulce de leche. Check and mate.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
They exist solely for the purpose of being smashed into vanilla ice cream.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

You'd possibly be surprised to hear that these are the original 'vanilla' variety. However the two biscuit parts which make up the sandwich so to speak are 'chocolate' flavoured, if you can call it that, and completely overpower whatever vanilla flavour there supposedly is in the cream filling. The only redeeming quality of this particular snack is that Tesco are selling them for 59p a packet.

no in american supermarkets i saw ones where the outside parts were vanilla cookies. im not talking about the sugar paste.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I'm not a huge fan of cheesecake factory but their oreo cheesecake is the bomb.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Please stop calling cookies biscuits, no one is buying it.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

the only good oreos are the ones with double cream filling

but they dont actually seem to sell them anywhere

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking
birthday cake oreos ftw

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Whorelord posted:

the only good oreos are the ones with double cream filling

but they dont actually seem to sell them anywhere

Do you live in the 1980s Soviet Union? I can find those shits in any grocery store.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Please stop calling cookies biscuits, no one is buying it.

I don't mind what you do in the comfort of your own home but ITT we speak the Queen's English, thanks.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Un chien andalou posted:

birthday cake oreos ftw

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Necros posted:

no in american supermarkets i saw ones where the outside parts were vanilla cookies. im not talking about the sugar paste.

at that point it's just a round custard cream isn't it?

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
teehee gypso :D

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ashgromnies posted:

Why do you talk like such a sissy, boy? What's wrong with you?

hes english

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Great username/thread choice combo.

:tipshat:

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
I agree with OP if i wanted to eat a wad of cum wedged between two after eights i would make it myself THANKS

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
there're like 19 different flavors of oreo now, just keep eating them until you find one that appeals to your bitchy british taste

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
you only think that "cream" is vanilla. It is not. It's crisco.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Nice job, Leonard. Now you can start a YouTube channel of your boring-rear end reviews of microwave pizza or potato chips the I can ignore.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
all the op has is food and his national identity, so I humor him.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
ok OP ill help you out there, fyi you have to eat oreos like you would a Fox's crunch vanilla creams "biscuit", which is dunked in milk otherwise poo poo is too dry

you and i both know that after dipped in milk it is easy to finish a whole package of those

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

tescos are doing two packets of own-brand fig rolls for 80p, OP, depending on your local store

consider eating those instead

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Oreo is trying to set foot in europe and i have to say the same. It is a boring lovely crappy half cake with unhealthy and untasty cream in the middle. We have much better little sweets then this mediocre and boring thing.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
yeah the brits love their loving cookies, theres a billion varieties to dip in their teas and fatten their asses

they do not need our american garbage. although im surprised pop tarts havent caught on more

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
You're doing it wrong. Mix them with cream cheese, chill, dip in chocolate and you get these:

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Naerasa posted:

there're like 19 different flavors of oreo now, just keep eating them until you find one that appeals to your bitchy british taste

Thus far theyve only given us two. Chocolate with chocolate cream and 'original' which for us is chocolate with vanilla cream, so I guess theyre testing the water. Please do not send any more flavours if these are the two flagships.

FunkyFlashman posted:

Oreo is trying to set foot in europe and i have to say the same. It is a boring lovely crappy half cake with unhealthy and untasty cream in the middle. We have much better little sweets then this mediocre and boring thing.

Then we shall fight them on the fecking beaches is what we shall do.

Das Boo posted:

You're doing it wrong. Mix them with cream cheese, chill, dip in chocolate and you get these:

GiantAmazonianOtter posted:

They exist solely for the purpose of being smashed into vanilla ice cream.

You've missed the point that these are supposed to be a complete and ready-to-eat lunchable biscuit so i categorically refuse to do anything except eat straight from the packet as nature intended, not impressed Mister Oreo, not at all.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
op: i dont care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Drunk & Ugly posted:

yeah the brits love their loving cookies, theres a billion varieties to dip in their teas and fatten their asses

they do not need our american garbage. although im surprised pop tarts havent caught on more

Pop tarts had a bit of a spell in the late 90s I think but they taste so loving plastic that not even the lowest common demnominator over here can enjoy them

• Locked thread