Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
A national Pawn Shop Chain unsurprisingly finds new way to be skeezy. How'd they do it? Find out, at 11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

rocket_man38 posted:

This one guy I knew in college graduated and got a job at Gamestop.. part time. He is big into Jesus and said that because he enjoyed video games, "God wants me to work here, even if it's only part time, I feel like I belong here." Still working PT while his GF is earning her master's degree.

"My Son I need you to push GI subscriptions and really drive home how important it is that customers preorder Madden '15. Did you ask them if they have a Rewards Card"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DoubleDonut posted:

nothin' gets the vapin' ladies hotter than being pestered to pre-order Mass Effect 4 to get the Gamespot-exclusive Hey Ash Whatcha Playin' Armor

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

rocket_man38 posted:

Pretty much this. Somehow he just bought an engagement ring in cash, paid full. I guess his mom God helped him out.

God can only make His will known to dumb crackers in the American South/Great Plains, and wouldn't you know it the Truth from on high almost invariably involves the awful minutiae of their own lives.

What is his GF getting her Master's in? Please say theology.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Wormskull posted:

Theology is actually an extremely respectable scholarship, IIRC.

If she were studying real Theology she would know better than to be with a guy who earnestly believes God's Path is for him to manage a Gamestop.

If she's attending Clarksboro County For-Profit SBC Christian Seminary, maybe not so much.

• Locked thread